Six

Speak Without Words

Sehun was always looking forward to Friday mornings, because the first subject he had to attend was history class. After all, history is one of  his favourite subjects. He loved listening to his teacher telling stories about the historical figures or their country’s history. Sometimes, he would get lost in his thoughts and imagine himself living in that era.

However, today wasn’t the case. He didn’t even bother to listen to his teacher’s rambling that morning as his mind couldn’t stop thinking about Luhan and the kiss. He couldn’t understand himself at that moment. He should’ve be angry at Luhan for stealing his first kiss. Yet, he couldn’t. No matter how hard he tried to deny it, there was a small part of him that actually enjoyed the kiss.

His thoughts  got interrupted by the ringing bell. Only then he realized, that he had been so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t even realize that the class had ended. A small sigh escaped from his mouth.

Just what is wrong with him?

 


 

Jongin was talking about his dogs antics when he realize that Sehun wasn’t paying attention to him at all. There was a dazed expression on his best friend’s face. He then waved his hand in front of Sehun’s face in attempt to catch his attention, yet, Sehun wasn’t even fazed by the gesture.

“Earth to Oh Sehun! Are you there? Did your soul get up and forget your body?.”

Sehun looked up at Jongin. He sighed for nth time that day.

“Sehun-ah, did something happen yesterday?” Jongin asked. There was a concerned look on his face. He couldn’t stop worrying about his best friend since he had been acting out of his usual character that day.

Sehun then replayed yesterday’s outing to Jongin.

“What!? He kissed you!” Was Jongin’s first reaction after Sehun tell him about the kiss.

Sehun quickly covered Jongin’s mouth, shooting him a warning glare before he looked around the cafeteria, wary of people eavesdropping on their conversation. Maybe he shouldn’t eat in the cafeteria today since there is a chance people were listening to them right now. The last thing he wanted was this talk leaking out to whole school and gaining more attention for himself.

“S-sorry…” Jongin squeaked out. He then lowered down his voice, “He kissed you?”

Sehun nodded his head, rolling his eyes at Jongin’s reaction when he looked worried for a second time when he told him about Luhan’s real jobs, and what his cousin may be involved in.

Jongin leaned in. There was a curious expression on his face, “How was it?”

Sehun tapped his chin as he processed the question. His mind flashing back to the feel of Luhan’s forceful, dominating mouth, taking control of his lips very expertly. A blush spread across his face when he finished recalling back the memory.

“That good, huh?” Jongin grinned teasingly.

Sehun hit his arm and he let out satisfied smile when Jongin yelped in pain. That should teach him a lesson for teasing him.

“Sehunnie-ah, mind if I ask a question?”

Sehun gave a signal to Jongin to go on with his question.

“Do you have any feelings toward Luhan?”

Sehun thought for a second then shrugged, I’m not sure.

Jongin nodded in understanding, thinking for a moment, “Let’s take this from this angle.” He suggested, “Did you enjoy your date yesterday?”

Sehun frowned, It wasn’t a date!

Just then, a hand slammed down on their table, startling them both. They looked up at the owner of the hand, finding a very enraged senior. Behind him were three other tough looking guys.

“Listen carefully, Wu Sehun.” The senior growled, looking his tone full of malice, “Don’t ever think that just because you have good looking face and come from the rich family, you can steal my girlfriend from me.”

“Are you sure...you have the right person? I think there’s a misunderstanding, Sehun….would never do that.”

“It was because of this piece of that my girlfriend had broken up with me, saying that she has fallen in love with him!”

“But….” Jongin couldn’t deny the fact that he felt so nervous right now, still, he needed to protect his best friend, “It wasn’t Sehun’s fault…”

The senior glared at Jongin, “Stay out of this, freak!”

He then grabbed Sehun’s collar, hoisting him from his seat and bringing their face closer.

The senior tightened his grip on Sehun’s collar almost chokingly tight, “Don’t go around thinking that you’re special, mute boy.” He raised up his fist, “Maybe if I destroy your handsome face, my girlfriend will stop liking you and come back to my side.”

Jongin let out a horrified gasp when the senior’s fist collided with Sehun’s left cheek, making him fall down hard on the floor.

“Let’s see if you’re still your mighty self after this.” The senior says, raising his fist again.

Sehun squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for the hit.

But it never came.

He looked up to find Jongin standing in front him. There was a fierce glare coming from the timid teenager.

“Leave Sehunnie alone!”

With all the strength he had, he pushed the senior, sending him staggering backwards with a surprising amount of force.

The senior looked shocked for a moment before anger washing over his face.

“Mind your own business, freak!” He grabbed both of Jongin’s wrists and threw him toward Sehun’s direction making Jongin landed few inches from Sehun.

There were a few students who stopped eating their lunch to watch the commotion, yet, no one bothered to help them.

“Let’s teach them a lesson that they will never forget.”

Their leader started cracking his knuckles as preparation while his friends snickered like hyenas behind him.

“Stop right now!” A loud, deep voice yelled out through the cafeteria.

The leader cursed under his breath after he saw a tall, raven haired man marching towards them. Everyone in school knew who was that tall man. He is their schools president, Park Chanyeol. Nobody in the school dared to seek trouble with him. Not only that, but he had black belt in taekwondo, and he was the teacher’s pet.

“Watch your back, Wu Sehun.” The senior warned before he and his gang ran away from the scene.

“Are the both of you okay?” Chanyeol asked with a worried tone.

Jongin picked himself up, reaching his hand down to help Sehun. Sehun shot him a worried look when he saw the small bruise on Jongin’s wrist.

“I’m fine, Sehunnie.” Jongin smiled reassuringly.

“Let’s go to the school clinic so that the nurse can treat your wound.” Chanyeol said while pointing his finger toward Sehun’s bruised cheek.

“He’s right, Sehunnie. Let go the school clinic, okay?”

Sehun let out a small sigh before nodding his head.

 


 

Sehun winced a little when the school doctor applied ointment on his cheek. Jongin was sitting beside him while holding Sehun’s hand. He rubbed Sehun’s hand soothingly when he saw the pained expression on his face.

“I’ve finished putting the ointment. Thank god, you didn’t have any other injury aside from the bruise on your cheek. I should report this incident to the discipline teacher. Don’t let the bully get away.”

“You don’t have to, ma’am. I’ll definitely report this incident to Mr. Choi.” Chanyeol flashed his famous smile at the school nurse.

“I’m glad to hear that. You can stay until school ends if you want. Don’t worry about your classes. I’ll explain it to your teachers.”

Sehun shook his head. His wound isn’t that of a big that he would have to skip classes because of it. Although the staring and questioning from his classmates may get annoying later on.

“Fine. I’ll write a note to your teachers to explain why you’re late. Please wait here.”

The school nurse then headed to toward her desk.

Jongin stood up from the chair and bowed, “Thank you for helping us, sunbae.”

Chanyeol waved his hand off, “No need to thank me. It is part of my duty as your school president. I never like people who pick on those weaker than them. If they bother both of you again, just tell me. I’ll definitely teach them a lesson.”

The late bell rang. Chanyeol checked his watch, “I’m going to be late for math class. I need to go now. See you soon.” He waved his hand before running out from the clinic.

“We’re very lucky that Chanyeol-sunbaenim came on time.”

Sehun nodded. He heard about their school president, but he never dreamt to get so close to him. His first initial thought was that Chanyeol must’ve been the same with rest of students. He would never bother to spare them a glance. However, today’s incident had proven him wrong. Now he understood why Chanyeol was well-liked by the teachers and the students.

 


 

Sehun and Jongin were waiting for their respective car to arrive.

“How are you going to explain your bruise to Kris-hyung?”

Sehun was busy scanning the parking lot that he didn’t hear Jongin’s question. A hand on his shoulder startled him.

“Don’t worry, Sehunnie. I’m sure that Luhan will come today, if not, tomorrow.” Jongin smiled reassuringly. Before Sehun could deny that he was waiting for Luhan, the Kim Limousine had then arrived.

“Bye-bye, Sehunnie.” Jongin waved before he entered the back seat of the limousine before being driven away from the school.

Sehun stood awkwardly, his eyes kept scanning over from the left to right of the parking lot. He told himself that he wasn’t disappointed when his car finally arrive ten minutes later. He walked slowly towards his car, his eyes scanning the parking lot one last time and when he saw that it is still empty, he finally accepted the fact that Luhan would not come today.

He shouldn’t be disappointed by this. It is not like they have set a meeting or anything. Instead, he should be relieved. After knowing what Luhan does for a living, he should avoid Luhan at any cost. He doesn’t need Luhan’s presence to complicate his angsty life.

He made his way towards his car as small sigh escaped from his lips, but he wasn’t  able to stop himself from the scanning the parking lot again. Much to his surprise, he saw the familiar black mercedes benz and his lips curled into small smile when his eyes met with Luhan who had just step out from the car.

He couldn’t deny that Luhan looked extra good handsome today. He wore a pair of faded jeans and a black button up with the sleeves folded at his elbows, the first two buttons were opened and a necklace hung out.

“Sorry that I’m late, baobei. I needed to deal with some business.”

Somehow Sehun could guess what kind of business Luhan was dealing with and he didn’t want to know the details.

Luhan stopped in his steps abruptly, his eyes widening before he dropped his smirk. His eyes darkened. Sehun shivered a little when he saw Luhan’s darkened look.

“Who?” Luhan’s voice send chills toward his spine.

Sehun gave him confused look since he had no idea what Luhan talking about.

“Who?” Luhan repeated, a growl coming out from his lips.

Sehun flinched when Luhan raised his arm, only to blink dumbly when it gently rested on his cheek. He couldn’t stop from hissing silently when Luhan’s fingers caressed his bruise.

Luhan’s eyes darkened further when he saw the reaction, “Who did this, Sehunnie? Who hit you? Tell me!” He demanded. Only then Sehun realized that Luhan was angry because of his injury.

He quickly took out the notepad and pen when Luhan was getting impatient.

It is nothing, don’t worry. I just got into small fight during lunch time.

Luhan’s jaw clenched tightly, “I didn’t ask what happened. I asked who did this to you.”

Sehun didn’t know what he should do now. Yes, he was angry at the seniors, but that doesn’t mean he wants to get revenge on them. Especially if it was because of them that he got to meet and know Chanyeol.

Yet, he couldn’t bring himself to lie to Luhan.

At that very particular moment, the seniors had just came out from their classes and were walking a few feet ahead of them. Sehun’s eyes flickered toward their direction and there was anger evident in his eyes.

“Them, huh?” Luhan’s voice seemed calm, but his expression said a different story, “I’ll be right back.”

Sehun went to grab Luhan’s arm, but Luhan was already storming towards the seniors. He chased after Luhan, not sure what he would do, but he didn’t like the demonic gleam that had shown in Luhan’s eyes.

“Hey, you guys.” Luhan said as he stuffed his hand inside his jeans pocket.

“Do we know you?” One of the senior asked. Sehun immediately recognized him as the one who had punched his cheek.

“Oh, you don’t know me. However, I think you know Wu Sehun.”

The leader of the gang raised a brow, “You mean the mute boy? Yes, we know him very well.”

“And I heard that you had beat him up. It that true?”

“Are you his friend or something? Let me tell you, that mute boy was asking for it when he stole my girlfriend. We would have messed him up if not for the school president.”

“I see.” Luhan began stepping closer to them and his expression turned darker with each step, “Then I can do this.”

Sehun’s eyes widened in shock when Luhan’s fist connected with the leader’s cheek in the same spot where Sehun got hit at, splitting his lips.

Before his friends can do anything, Luhan grabbed the second man by his throat.

Sehun let out silent gasp when Luhan effortlessly lifted the bulky senior from the ground before throwing the man towards his friends, knocking them into the ground.

No normal person could have that amount of strength!

Luhan wasn’t done as he lifted his leg to kick the leader’s stomach, making him bawl in pain and the very same leg extended to kick him in the face.

Sehun stood there in mortification. He looked around for someone who could stop Luhan or anything but he didn’t spot a single person at all. Most student must have gone home. He didn’t know what he should do now. He never wanted this to happen. He never wanted to get revenge at all!

One of the seniors tried to run away from the scene in order to save his life, but he wasn’t able to do so when Luhan grabbed him by the neck before slamming his face into ground. He was ready to continue punishing the remaining seniors when a pale pair of arms wrapped around his waist.

He turned his head to see who was the person that  dared to interrupt him. He was met with a pair of dark brown eyes that filled with fear and determination. Eyes that pleaded him.

Even though Sehun can’t speak, Luhan instantly knew what Sehun was trying to say, Please stop. I’m begging you.

Luhan dropped Sehun’s arm and turning fully to face Sehun who immediately removed his arm from him.

“Let this be a lesson to all of you.” Luhan warned. He made sure his eyes met with each of the seniors, “Anyone messes with Sehunnie, will answer to me.”

He grabbed Sehun’s hand and led him toward his car, leaving behind the bloody seniors.

 


 

“Go home. Sehunnie is coming with me.” Luhan informed Sehun’s driver.

Sehun gave a small nod toward his driver before entering Luhan’s car. He took out the notepad and scribbled few words on it before showing it to Luhan.

Where are we going?

Luhan didn’t answer. He started the engine and drove out from the school campus.

 


 

Author note: No one dare to bully our Sehunnie after this. Keke.