Twelve

Speak Without Words

A/n: I need to apologize for not updating this story quite a long time. As usual, my old beta read had quit and I have to search for a new one.


Luhan suddenly held Sehun’s hand after they walked out of the bubble tea shop. Sehun’s cheeks began heating up at the sudden skinship. He tries to pull his hand away, but Luhan only tightens his grip. Left with no choice, he lets out a soundless sigh as he let Luhan drag him away.

And there, another inaudible sigh the quiet boy managed to exhale due to Luhan’s next choice of destination. He never expected Luhan to take him in a boutique. This made him even more wonder why Luhan would bring him there out of all places. Do Luhan wants to buy new clothes and needed his opinion? If that’s the case, then, Luhan made a terrible mistake since Sehun barely knows the first thing about the latest fashion trends.

All the females and some of male workers turned their heads toward them the moment he and Luhan stepped inside the boutique.

‘Here we go again.’ Sehun thought in dismay as he recalls the incident at Lay’s restaurant. Is Luhan some kind of a magnet? Why can’t people stop paying so much attention to him?

What’s worse on top of it was the workers glare at him in comparison to the waitresses who had ignored him. This made him feel very uncomfortable since he never liked people giving him attention. Luhan, who must have noticed Sehun’s sudden stiffness, gently squeezes his hand.

“You don’t have to be afraid, Sehunnie. If they dare do anything to you, they’ll feel my wrath,” Luhan assures, as if his sweet gesture trying to mask the hidden threat purposely spoken out loud that the workers had surely detected as they scramble on their positions right away. All of them knew who Luhan really was and none of them has the guts to mess with him although they were quite curious with the meek boy’s identity since it was the first time Luhan brought someone with him.

Luhan then continues to drag Sehun towards the rack of clothes. He flips the clothes before taking out a low v neck white shirt and handling it to Sehun.

“Here, go try it.”

Bewilderment was written over Sehun’s face as he look at the other.

“Why are you still standing here? Go now.” Luhan bubbles as he gently pushes Sehun towards the changing room.

Sehun frowns a little. If not because he didn’t want to waste his energy to argue with Luhan, he would’ve had thrown the shirt at Luhan’s face. He defeatedly took the shirt from Luhan’s hand then headed towards the changing room. However, before he can enter one of the changing room,  Luhan called his name.

‘What does he want?’ Sehun thought. He then turned around to face Luhan.

“Try this too.” Luhan said before handling a pair of black skinny fit jeans to Sehun.

‘Who the hell he think he is? Ordering me around!’

Sehun annoyingly grabs the jeans from Luhan’s hand. Some of the workers worried about Sehun while the other half feels that he deserved being punished for disrespecting the elder. However, much to their shock, Luhan just smiles at Sehun. It was like Luhan wasn’t angry with the way Sehun treated him.

How could that possibly be? They still could remember very well when one of the ex-worker was fired because she accidentally offended Luhan.

“Is that all?” As Luhan nodded, Sehun then stomped towards the changing room. A loud thud can be heard after that.

Luhan chuckles at Sehun’s antics. If that was another person, he would have teach that person a lesson for disrespecting him, but not for Sehun. Instead, he thinks that the way Sehun is acting is quite cute. Despite that Sehun being mute, the expressions that he shows were quite intriguing and he enjoys every second of it.

He goes to sit down by the red velvet sofa before taking his hand phone out. He saw three messages and four miscalls, all coming from Xiumin and except for only one message from Chen.

This is weird. He can understand why Xiumin is looking for him, but he can’t understand why Chen would be, too, since he seldomly deals directly with him due to Xiumin’s protective behavior.

He decided to call his best friend first instead of wasting his time thinking of reasons why Chen would be looking for him. Both of them always stick together anyway. Maybe his best friend has the answer why.

“Where the hell are you? Your secretary told me that you cancelled an appointment with Mr. Liew. Was she telling the truth?” Xiumin inquires, seemingly not having any time to beat around the bush.

“Hello to you, too.” Luhan greeted. He had guessed it right, Xiumin indeed called for this matter, “Yes, she was. I had some important matters to attend.”

“What is more important than meeting Mr. Liew? Do you know how hard it is to make appointments with him?”

“Sehun.” Luhan deadpans, busying himself with checking on his nails as he listens to the scoff on the other line.

“What? You’re acting weird. You’ve never cancelled appointments from anyone before unless…”

Luhan quickly cuts off Xiumin’s sentence, “Oh, your husband is looking for me too.”

“Don’t ever think that I don’t know what you are trying to do now.” Xiumin reprimands, “About my husband, just ignore him. He wants to come with us to Japan, but I didn’t allow him. It is too dangerous.”

Luhan raises his eyebrows when he hears a small whine at the background.

“You are too protective of him.”

“I bet you’ll do the same when it is regarding Sehun.”

Xiumin’s defense hit something within Luhan, completely losing his interest admiring of his nails and arguing with the former, “Tsk… Let’s continue this conversation later on. I need to go check on Sehun. He’s taking his sweet time too long.”

Luhan quickly ended the call before his best friend can say anything. He put back his phone inside his pocket before marching towards the changing room. Lucky for him, there is only one room occupied which means he doesn’t have to waste time searching every room.

He knocks the said door gently, “Sehunnie, are you inside?”

Luhan received a knock in response.

“Are you okay in there? You’re taking quite a long time just to try a shirt and a pair of jeans.”

This time Luhan didn’t receive any response from Sehun. He waited for a few minutes, but Sehun still isn’t giving him any hint of coming out. It starts to made him worry about the younger.

“Sehunnie, please give a response to me. Anything will do.”

At the other side of the changing room, Sehun keeps on staring himself in the mirror. He never wears something like this before.  He isn’t like his older brother who’s actually a fashionista. He prefers simple clothes like t-shirts and jeans and he’ll only wear formal clothes was when he had to attend parties with his family.

So why Luhan had to choose this outfit for him to wear? It made him a little bit embarrassed to come out from the changing room. Should he lie to Luhan that the shirt and jeans wouldn't fit? What if Luhan choose another outfit for him? More ier and daring than this?

“Sehunnie, if you don’t come out now, I’m going to barge inside.”

Sehun even more panics as Luhan starts nudging the door, completely aware of how the petite man can make his threat true. He can’t let Luhan see him in this outfit!

“On count of three.” Luhan, on the other hand tries masking his worry with his growls, “One...”

‘Oh god, what I should do right now? Luhan’s really going to barge inside!’

“Two…”

Sehun hastily opens the door. He used half of the door to cover his body since he’s still too embarrassed to show himself to Luhan.

Luhan lets out a sigh of relief.

“There you are. Do you know how worried I was when you didn’t give me any response?”

‘He worries about me?’ Sehun thought, clutching even more to the door.

“Do the clothes fit you? Come on, show it to me.”

Luhan raised eyebrows when Sehun shook his head.

“You don’t have to worry. I’m not going to judge you.” Luhan reassures with a gentle tone. He thinks that Sehun was too scared to come out because he was going to judge him.

‘I might as well face it since I don’t have anywhere to run.’ Sehun weakly declares in his mind. Removing the tight hold with his shield, pulls open the door, meekly stepping out from the changing room.

Luhan gulped a little after seeing Sehun wholly. His eyes can’t stop eyeing the embarrassed teen from head to toe. Damn, Sehun looked so y wearing the outfit he had choose for him. The low cut v neck is showing his milky skin while the skinny fit jeans is hugging him in the right places, showing off his muscular, lean thighs.

Sehun’s fingers can’t stop fidgeting with each other, a habit when he was nervous. Why does Luhan has to blatantly staring at him like that?

“You look hot and y.” Luhan said with a smirk on his lips.

Blush slowly crept up onto Sehun’s cheek when he absorbed the older’s praise. He can’t help but to bow even lower, trying to hide his ridiculous reddening that amused Luhan even more.

“Go, change back with your clothes and bring these clothes with you. I’ll wait for you at the cashier.”

Luhan winked at Sehun before he walks out from there, happily teasing the other male. Sehun hurriedly barges into the room, fanning his face that’s impossible even more reddening.

 


 

Luhan wants to buy the clothes as a gift to Sehun. Sehun tries to reject it, arguing he didn’t need it as he still has many clothes. However, Luhan wouldn’t listen. He insisted to pay for it.

Sehun didn’t have a choice but to take the clothes. Although he didn’t want it, he still can’t throw it away. He will just put it in the farthest, deepest part of his wardrobe. He’s not planning to wear it anyway.

“We’ll go eat first. You must be hungry, right?”

Luhan’s voice snapped him out from his dazzled state.

Sehun quickly nodded eagerly. He does feel hungry right now. The last time he ate was at the cafeteria during the lunch time and that was a few hours ago.

Luhan can’t stop his lips from curling into smile, “Let’s go.” He beams before grabbing Sehun’s hand which is again successfully making the off-guarded teen blush. This time, Sehun did nothing to pull his hand away. ‘He’s stubborn to reckon with, anyway,’ he reasons to no one as he just let Luhan guide him.

Luhan then bring Sehun to one of the famous western cuisine restaurant within the shopping mall. Luhan orders a medium rare steak while Sehun orders fish and chips. As for dessert, Luhan didn’t want any since he isn’t into sweet things, but Sehun wanted to try the chocolate mousse cake. Thus, Luhan ordered one for him.

Luhan takes a sip from his coffee as he watches Sehun eating the chocolate mousse cake. They had finish the dish few minutes ago and now, he’s waiting for Sehun to finish his dessert.

He lets out a small chuckle when he saw a cream at the corner of Sehun’s lips. He put down his cup before he get up from his seat. He then leaned closer toward the unsuspecting male.

Alarmed with Luhan approaching, Sehun quietly reads the older’s movements, trying to stop him as early as possible. However, Sehun’s plans of stopping him was rendered useless as he stilled completely the moment his eyes met Luhan’s, their proximity enabling him to feel the other’s breath on his lips. Before he can ask about it, Luhan suddenly the corner of his lips, shocking him even more.

Luhan went back to his seat as he watches Sehun’s face turning into a darker shade of beet red every second that passes. “There was cream on your lips.” He helpfully supplies, guessing what’s boggling Sehun by the way he stares at him.

‘He must have done it on purpose! There is a napkin! Why he can’t use it to wipe the cream!’ Sehun thought as he angrily stabs his cake with the fork.

“Finish your cake, Sehunnie. Make sure to eat carefully this time.”

Sehun glares at the other’s mockery. Luhan pretends that he didn’t saw it as he takes a sip from his cup of coffee. What angers Sehun the most is that there is playful smirk playing on the assaulter’s lips.

‘Jerk!’ Sehun cursed in his mind.

 


 

After they stepped out from the restaurant, Luhan asked Sehun whether he wanted to buy something. Sehun just shook his head. He isn’t the type who enjoys shopping. Luhan didn’t ask after that. They just walked around the shopping mall, only occasionally stopping by at few shops whenever Luhan saw something that he likes.

They then walked passed to a toy’s shop. Sehun couldn’t help but to notice the rilakkuma dolls on display. He bit his lips as he stare at the dolls. The dolls are so cute. He can’t resist it, he wants to buy it, but he doesn’t want Luhan to know that ‘secret’ hobby.

While his older brother enjoys collecting alpaca dolls and others cute things as his hobby, he enjoys collecting rilakkuma dolls. He even named one of the dolls as pinku-pinku and he can’t go to sleep without it.

He didn’t realize that Luhan was watching him. He smirked when he realizes Sehun never take his eyes from the rilakkuma dolls that were being on display.

‘He’s still a kid in the heart.’ Luhan muses before thinking of something. He taps Sehun’s shoulder making the other turn, eyes still on the display.

“Aren’t they cute?” Luhan watches the other nodding in daze, trying to get him on his bait “So you like those dolls?”

Sehun quickly morphs his fascination into a forced frown, even shaking his head in denial, not knowing Luhan had completely hauled him by hook.

“Aww… that’s too bad. Here I was hoping that you will love it too since I love them. I even have collections of them.”

Sehun’s eyes brighten up once he heard that.

Luhan’s lips almost curled into smile while watching Sehun eagerly scribed on the notebook. He manages to withhold it since he has to keep up his act.

What kind of collection do you have? I have so many collections too! Can I see it? Or do you see my collection first?

Sehun was taken aback when Luhan suddenly laughs.

“You’re too cute, Sehunnie. I actually didn’t like collecting Rilakkuma dolls. I only said that to make you admit you like them.”

Sehun’s excitement deplates instantly, frowning as he glared at Luhan angrily. How dare Luhan lie to him!

“Come on… Don’t be angry at me, Sehunnie. I wasn’t doing that on purpose.”

Sehun withdraws his hands from Luhan’s clasp, only noticing they’ve been connected since they came out of the restaurant which is hours ago. He’s now even more frustrated at how gullible he is and how that stupid, cunning man has the audacity to smile at him.

Luhan touches his forehead, trying to soothe away the younger’s frown, commenting how Sehun’s looks like his older brother earning him a swat. However, Luhan only took his hand and tags him inside, “Let’s go inside, princess. I’ll buy all the rilakkuma dolls for you if that will make you forgive me.”

Sehun rebels by pulling back his hands, to which Luhan only commented “Suit yourself” as he enters the shop, leaving Sehun standing there. Sehun huffs before also stepping inside the shop, his inner child winning than the grumpy teen he is.

He searches around the shop for Luhan’s presence, muttering a wordless ‘There he is’ as he saw Luhan standing in front the cashier counter.

He then approaches Luhan. Luhan turns his head when he heard steps approaching him.

“There you are, Princess. I thought that you are going to continue sulking.”

Sehun then send piercing daggers at Luhan.

As usual Luhan ignores it and continues, “I’ve asked the cashier to go take the dolls from the display glass. We’ll wait here, okay?”

Sehun didn’t give any reply. He started to look around the shop. There aren’t many people inside the shop aside from the two kids and their parents. Maybe it is because today is Friday and it is just six o’clock in the evening which explains the few people inside this shop.

“Here it is.” A female voice snapped Sehun out from his trance.

Sehun then turned around. Again, his eyes brighten up when he saw the two rilakkuma dolls on top of the counter. If not because of the facade to needs to protect, he would have hugged and coo the dolls.

“Lucky for both of you. Our shop has special deal only for today where you have to buy two rilakkuma dolls for the price of one.” The cashier then took out the a small pink colour paper, “Not only that, you can write on this little note anything that you want.”

“I’ll buy it. Please wrap it for us.” Luhan said making Sehun stare at him in disbelief.

The cashier smiles,  “Sure. I’ll ask my colleagues to wrap it for you.” She then ordered a girl that was putting the toys on the shelves to head by the cashier, “Rin, come here. The customer want to wrap his gift.”

The girl named Rin then come down from the stool, smiling as she approaches the two.

“Do you want to write something on the little note first before I wrap it up?” Rin asked as she hands the pen to Luhan.

“Sure.”

Luhan quickly scribed something on the little note before handling the pen to Sehun. Sehun tapped the pen on his chin as he think of what he should write.

He laughs silently as he writes something he’s sure will get his revenge against the older.

It only take him two seconds to write of what he thinks of. He then give back the pen to Rin who then wraps the tiny note with a bow and ties it to the bear.

“You can’t open it until you are apart.” Rin enthusiastically reminded as the two nod in response. Few minutes later, she finished wrapping the dolls. She then hand it to Luhan. Luhan thank her after taking the dolls from her.

Sehun’s cheeks turned pink as he hears Rin said to her colleagues that they are such a cute couple the moment they stepped out from the shop. If only he can tell them that they aren’t couple which he can’t since he’s mute.

 


 

“I’m enjoying today’s date, Sehunnie. Too bad, I have to wait for another week before we can hang out again.” Luhan then took one of the box and give it to Sehun, “I’ll took the female since it reminds me of you, princess.”

Luhan chuckles when Sehun glares at him again. He knows Sehun didn’t like that nickname, but he still insisted on call Sehun that. He enjoys teasing and  getting the satisfying reactions from the younger that motivates him even more.

“It’s getting late. You should go inside now.”

What Luhan didn’t expect was Sehun to suddenly kiss him on his cheek. He was stunned by it until he didn’t realize that Sehun had come down from his car, running for his dear life in the safety of his house.

He only regained his senses after Sehun slammed the door of his house. His lips curled into a smile as he touches the spot where Sehun had kissed just now. He’s now contemplating whether to have it covered as he take his bath by the evening.