Seventeen

Speak Without Words

Kris ordered hot americano along with donut as his lunch. He only took a simple lunch today because he was going to meet up with his client in the late afternoon today.

After that, he can finally go home to take care of Sehun. He does feel bad for leaving his younger brother behind, but this is also for his brother’s sake. Their father only allows him to take leave next month if he’s able to finish all his works.

He’s planning to take Sehun on a vacation since there’s going to be a school holiday next month so that he can replace all the times that he wasn’t able be there for the younger and also, away from their sorry excuse of parents.

He snaps from his thought when the cashier asked him to pay for the second time. He then pays using his credit card and he ignores the seductive smile that the cashier sends at him. He headed towards the waiting area as he waited for his coffee. He sighs when some of the workers dared to wink or send flirty smiles to him. He’s used to this as it happens on a daily basis.

It isn’t that he’s being arrogant or too proud of himself, but he knows too well that he was a rich and good looking young man. With his handsome face combined with his tall, model like physique, it is understandable why people couldn’t stop throwing themselves at his feet.

However, he currently doesn’t have any interest on having a relationship whether with men or women. His only focus right now are his works and his younger brother. That’s why he would ignore all the advances and most people will get it by his cold attitude. Well, most people aside from Suho who doesn’t understand the meaning of ‘no’.

“Here is your coffee, sir.” The barista then placed the hot cup on the counter.

“Thank you.”

“Hi, my love.” Suho said as he hugged Kris from behind. This must be his lucky day for him to bump into the love of his life at the coffee house.

Kris was shock by Suho’s action, his hand accidentally bump into his cup. As result the cup loses it balance and spilling its hot content on his palm.

“Ouch!” Kris yelps in pain.

“Damnit! Why are you so clumsy?” Suho scolded as he took the napkin and wiped the coffee from Kris’s palm.

Kris gives Suho are-you-serious? look before he tries to pull his hand,but Suho only tightens his grip.

Suho clicked his tongue when his saw Kris’ palm had turned red. He then drags Kris towards the washroom, ignoring the outburst coming from the taller man.

He used his leg to kick the door open before bringing Kris onto the sink. He turns on the water tap and used the water to wash Kris’s hand. His heart aches a little when he saw the pained expression on Kris’s face.

“You should be more careful. Go check the doctor after this. I’m scared that the coffee may had burned your hand.” Suho said as he still inspects Kris’s palm to which the owner tries, but fails to snatch away.

“It is all your fault! You shocked me by hugging me from behind!”

Suho raises his eyebrows, “Oh? I never thought that my presence will bring such an effect to you. Am I really that scary to you?”

“Wh-what are you talking about? I-I’m never scared of anyone including you.” Kris mentally cursed for stuttering in front of Suho because this definitely isn’t a very good way to show to the smirking man that he wasn’t scared of him. “Now, would you mind let go of my hand?”

Kris’s eyes widened in shock because Suho suddenly bring his palm to his lips. Heat starts to crawl up onto his cheek when Suho starts kissing his fingers. What is worse, the jerk even dared to every single piece of his fingers and he could only stand there letting him doing so!

He pushed Suho away after he finally regained his senses. He glared at him who had the decency to maliciously wink at him to which only made his blood boil in anger. He huffed before he runs out from the washroom.

 


 

Luhan immediately runs out from the taxi after the taxi reached Sehun’s house. He lets out a groan when the taxi driver called him back. Only to realize that he hasn’t pay the taxi driver yet. He took out a few notes from his wallet and asked the driver to keep the change.

He then run towards the door. He keeps on pressing the doorbell until a maid who is around thirty years old opened the door. The maid was a bit shock to saw Luhan because this is her first time meeting the man, also looking disheveled with his hair in mess and two button of his shirt were open.

“Excuse me, I need to meet Wu Sehun now.” Luhan said, interrupting the maid’s thoughts. He was being impatient right now and the maid dared to openly stared at him instead of letting him in.

“Who are you?”

A small sigh then escaped from Luhan’s lips, “I’m his friend. I heard that he was sick so I come here to pay him a visit.”

“Y-you’re young master’s friend?”

“Why? Do you have problem with that? As far I know you’re only a maid. So you shouldn’t be such a busy body towards your employer’s personal life.”

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t meant to sound like that.”

“Let me in now and bring me to Sehun’s room.” Luhan commands, this time with much more stricter tone that he always use towards his subordinates.

“Please follow me then.”

The maid then allows Luhan to entered the house. Luhan admitted that Sehun’s house was huge although not as huge as his.

They were passing by the living room where he spot a woman around forty years old whom he guess was Sehun’s mother judging by her outfit, a yellow blouse with skirt in same colour and the pearls necklace around her neck along with pearl earrings.

“Mrs. Tan, who is this young man?” Mrs. Wu asked upon seeing the feminine man whom she never met before.

“He said he is young master Sehun’s friend and had come here to pay him a visit.”

Mrs. Wu clearly was shock by it, but she didn’t give any comment and she only waved her hand dismissively. The maid climb stairs with Luhan trailed from behind. They then stops in front of a room.

“Here is young master Sehun’s room. One of maid is inside taking care of him.” The maid explained as she pointed the door.

Luhan raised his eyebrows. Sehun’s mother was here, but why she wasn’t the one who taking care of him? He wanted to asked, however, the maid already left. Well, the only way for him to get his answer is to ask Sehun directly.

He knocks at the door and a small female voice then asked him to come in as the door isn’t lock. He turns the knob and pushes the door open. He almost smirked when he saw the shocked expression on Sehun’s face.

“Hello there, Sehunnie.”

 


 

“Young master, please drink your medicine.” The maid begged as she push the pills towards Sehun.

Sehun quickly shakes his head with his arms folded against his chest. He didn’t care that he was suppose to eat his medicine in order to get healthy again, he still isn’t going to eat those bitter thing! (Yes, he indeed was being a bratty teen that he was right now.)

“I’m begging you, young master. Master Kris will have…”

The maid words were cut off by the knocking sound on the door. Thinking that, it was one of the maid come to replace her and deal with Sehun, she asked that person to come in. To her shock and also Sehun, it was a young man with feminine face stepped inside the room.

“Hello, Sehunnie.”

“Err...are you young master Sehun’s friend?”

“Yes, I’m. I come here to pay him a visit.”

“I-I see.”

“It is okay for you to leave us alone?”

“Well...it is not that I want to, but young master Sehun still haven’t taken his medicine so…”

Luhan quickly cut off the maid’s words, “Just leave it to me. I’ll make sure he’ll take his medicine.” He says as he stare at Sehun who was glaring at him.

“Okay then. I’ll come back an hour or two to take his temperature.”

“Okay.”

The maid then leave the two behind. Luhan headed towards the bed and sits down on the chair beside the bed. He took Sehun’s hand and kissed it gently making the teen blush.

“Do you know how worried I was when I heard you’re sick? I immediately took the first flight back to China.”

What? He came back to here because of me?

“Are you feeling much better now?”

Sehun nodded his head. He’s not a hundred percent healthy yet, but at least he’s not feeling dizzy anymore now that his fever had gone down a little.

“Good. However, you still need to drink your medicine.” Luhan then took the pills that was left behind by the maid, “Come on.”

Sehun glared at the medicine, hoping that it will be gone from his sight.

“Sehunnie, please. You need to eat your medicine.” Luhan repeated his words again, this time with much softer tone.

He lets out a small sigh when Sehun shakes his head. Although they’ve only hanged out for a few times, it’s enough to know Sehun can be very stubborn sometimes which made him no choice but to do that.

He puts the pill inside his mouth before he gulped the water. He then grab the back of Sehun’s head and pressed their lips together. Sehun let out a shocked gasp and he took this chance to shove the pill into Sehun’s mouth. He would have continued their kiss if not because Sehun pushing him away. He smirked as he spots the blush on Sehun’s cheek.

“Do you want me to do that again or are you going to take the rest of your medicine by your own now?”

Sehun sends a glare at Luhan before he took the pills from Luhan’s palm. He put it inside his mouth and gulped it down along with the water. He makes a bitter expression making Luhan chuckle upon seeing it.

“You’re very cute, Sehunnie.”

Once again, Sehun glared at the elder, but as usual, he was ignored. He huff as he folds his arms across his chest. He shouldn’t have let Luhan come in if he knows Luhan was going to pull that stunt.

“Sehunnie, there is something that I needed to ask. Why’s the maid the one who’s taking care of you when your mother is inside the house? Doesn’t she feel worry at all? One of her son is sick.”

Sehun’s expression immediately changed. He bites his lips while his fingers were fidgeting with each other. He never thought that Luhan would ever realize that his mother wasn’t here to take care of him. What should he say to Luhan? Should he confess or lie just lie?

His internal debate stops as Luhan squeezes his hand, “It is okay, Sehunnie. Judging from your expression, I already can guess what happen.” He’s fast to notice how tears badly wants to escape from the younger making him comfort Sehun much more, “I’m very sorry that you had to face all this. Not only you were bullied at school, you even had to face discrimination at your own house. That woman…” Luhan slams the bedside table making Sehun jump a little, “Doesn’t deserve to become your mother at all.”

Sensing Luhan’s impending rage, Sehun grabs Luhan’s hand and uses his eyes to plead at Luhan not to kill his mother. He still hates them for treating him like this, but not matter what, they’re part of the reason why he was born into this world.

Luhan pats Sehun’s hand gently, “Don’t worry, Sehunnie. I’ll not kill her since it will upset you and I don’t want to upset you. Still, that doesn’t make me close one eye and let her treat you like this. I only want make her regret for hurting your feelings.” He then send a smile towards Sehun.

Sehun can feel the chill all over his body and it wasn’t because of his fever. He wanted to tell Luhan that he doesn’t have to do that because he doesn’t need revenge towards his parents, but he didn’t when he saw a small yawn coming from Luhan’s lips. The elder must be very tired because of the flight.

He scoot and pats the empty space beside him. At first Luhan couldn’t understand it making him do the same gesture again. His heart skips a bit when Luhan’s lips curled into a smile instead of his usual smirk. Luhan then sit down to the spot beside him. Within a minute, the elder had fallen asleep with his head laid down on Sehun’s shoulder.

This is nice, Sehun thinks before he also fallen into deep sleep.