Thirteen

Speak Without Words

 

Sehun leans against the door. His heart is still beating wildly inside his chest. He couldn’t understand why did he kissed Luhan’s cheek? When did he got such courage to kiss him? It was like his body is moving on its own.

He jumped a little when his handphone suddenly vibrated inside his pocket. He quickly took it out. It was a message from Luhan.

To My Sehunnie

Thanks for the kiss. However, I prefer kisses on the lips. ;)

Sehun’s face turns into a beet red after he finishes reading the text, too giddy to even notice one of their maids watching him.

“Young master, why are you standing there?”

Sehun quickly run towards the stairs, ignoring the maid’s question. The maid shook her head before goes back to the living room to continue her work.

 


 

Luhan can guess how Sehun is going to react after reading his message and that made the smile on his lips grew bigger.

D.O feels weird as watches the smile on Luhan’s lips as he stares at his hand phone. It made him wondered who is the person that can make his boss smile like a crazy man.

“Hyung, don’t you have something to tell me? Please make it fast. I’m heading to Exodus after this.”

Luhan’s eyebrows rose up after he heard that.

“Looking for a new victim to warm up your bed? You should take example from Baekhyun. He had been going steady with Taeyeon for almost a year.”

Kyungsoo frowned, “Are you serious, hyung? It was a very known well fact among us that he was only using Taeyeon to make his crush jealous.”

“Of course I know that. Do you think I’m that stupid? I was just teasing you. I can’t wait to see the drama unfold when the truth finally comes out.” the serene smile morphs into an evil smirk on Luhan’s face that made D.O smell the mischievous persona of his boss coming back.

“You don’t have any right to talk about my lifestyle when you’re the same as me too, hyung. You change your lovers like clothes.”

“I’m a changed man, D.O. I’m about to settle down soon.” Luhan’s smirk morphs into a mysterious smile.

However, it was Luhan’s words that make D.O almost choke on his saliva.

“I wonder who is the unlucky person.”

“That’s the reason why I called you here.  I’m going to Japan with Xiumin tomorrow for a week.’

“I know that. Chen couldn’t stop whining about it since this morning because Xiumin had forbidden him to come along. Why are you telling me this? Are you planning to put me in charge when you gone? I thought you’re putting Baekhyun in charge for the time being.”

“No. I have another job for you. I want you to watch over Wu Sehun. You must protect him at any circumstance. Because of his disability, he can be easily become a target.”

D.O’s raise of his brows implies how he’d not expected his Boss’ mission for him.

“So you’re putting me into the babysitter job while putting Baekhyun in charge of our businesses?”

Luhan laughs.

“Well, Chen will be too busy sulking while I can’t trust Baekhyun to protect Sehun after their first meeting. Thus, you’re the only one who’s available and actually is reliable. You can stop pretending that you didn’t like it.” Luhan exposing the younger made D.O unable to refute, “You always prefer cute, defenseless high school boys. Who knows you may able to find someone to warm your bed?”

A tanned skin boy suddenly pops into D.O’s mind. If he isn’t mistaken, that tanned skin boy is Sehun’s best friend and they’re studying in the same school.

“So, what do you say?”

“Fine, I accept this job.”

“Good, but I must warn you. If anything happen to him, you’ll bear responsibility for it. Do you understand?”

Being a babysitter shouldn’t even sweat him at all. “Yes, hyung.”

 


 

A small yawn escaped from D.O’s lips as he walks down the hallway. He had been ransacked his wardrobe for the whole night since he was looking for S.M high uniform because he had decided to pretend as a student so it will be easier for him to protect Sehun.

He can remember that his ex from S.M high had left his uniform after their hot makeout session and his ex never took it back. Well, he can’t really blame for not taking it back. They had a messy breakup after his ex had caught him kissing with another man in the club.

Because of this, he was a bit tired and he didn’t feel like going today. However, the thought of seeing that tanned skin boy again made him get up from the bed. He also didn’t want to feel Luhan’s wrath if he knew he was skipping his duty.

He stopped his steps when he saw the tanned skin boy that he been wanting to meet was walking towards his way. If he guesses it right, the tanned skin boy must on the way to the teacher’s office since he was carrying exercise books.

‘Well, it seemed that luck is indeed on my side today.’ D.O smirked.

 


 

Jongin sighed. Most of the teachers and student already knew about his condition, yet, he still couldn’t understand why did the teacher still choose him to collect all the exercise books from his classmates.

He almost had a panic attack if not because of Sehun who manages to calm him down. Too bad Sehun wasn’t able to accompany him since they had a different class today and he had to wait until four period to see his best friend again.

An arm suddenly blocked him. He almost stop breathing after he saw the person who had block him.

“Hey there, sweetie. Do you still remember me?”

Although it has been almost a month since the last time Jongin saw him, he still can remember him. What is he doing at here? What does he want from him? Don’t tell him that he is here to kill him?

D.O saw that Jongin’s face had turned pale. Sweats slowly dripping down from Jongin’s forehead.

“Are you okay?” He asked but he didn’t get any response from Jongin.

He repeats his question again. Again, there was no response from Jongin. He sighed. He grabs Jongin’s hand and meet no resistance from Jongin. He then brings Jongin to a nearby bench because it feels like Jongin is going to faint any minute now.

He took the books from Jongin’s hand and put it beside him. He asks Jongin to wait for him. He then goes to the cafeteria. He quickly pays for a bottle mineral water and some sweets for Jongin before running back to Jongin while praying that Jongin is fine. Suho is definitely going to have his head if he knows about this matter.

It made him worried a little bit when he saw that Jongin shaking like crazy while sitting on the bench. He only had seen this situation for one time when it happen to one of his relatives, but it was still fresh in his mind. Jongin is having a panic attack. That explains why Suho is too much protective towards him.

D.O touches Jongin’s back, hoping that Jongin will not resist it or scare him off. He lets out relieved sigh when Jongin still didn’t give response. He rubs Jongin’s back to calm him down a little. However, much to his dismay, Jongin still shaking like crazy.

‘I don’t have any choice. Hope this will work.’

D.O then hugs him and Jongin’s panic attack stops. This made Jongin feel weird. His family and even Sehun took almost an hour to his panic attack.

“Are you okay now?”

Jongin gently pushed D.O away. There is a small blush on his cheek.

“Th...thank...yo...you…mister...”

“Just call me D.O. There is no need to be so formal with me.” D.O reassured, still touching Jongin to provide comfort to the younger.

“I’m... Kim Jongin. Once again...thank you.”

“Ohh...you don’t have to. I’m happy to help a cute boy like you.”

The elder even smirks hoping to extract an emotion to the younger to which he’d succeedingly made Jongin’s heart beat wildly after hearing that.

“I…need to go now...I still need to...send these books...to my teacher.”

“Okay, sure.” D.O got up from the bench, “We’re definitely going to meet again, Nini.”

D.O winked at Jongin making Jongin’s face turned into deep red. He quickly runs off from there without even turning back.

‘Cute. Hmm... Wu Sehun isn’t with him. Maybe they had different class. Looks like I had to search for him.’ D.O thought. He then walks away from there before anyone notices him.

 


 

Jongin wasn’t able to pay attention to class as his mind can’t stop thinking about the scene from before. A small blush slowly crept up when he recalls back how warm D.O’s hug was and his strong arm.

A small paper suddenly landed on his table making him snapped out of it. He then opens the paper.

What is wrong with you? Why are you suddenly blushing?

Sehun

Jongin turns to face his best friend who was sitting beside him.

“I wasn’t…You… must have seen it wrongly.” Jongin quickly denied it. He isn’t going to tell Sehun about his meeting with D.O. It is too embarrassing.

Sehun scoffed, “You were stuttering and my eyes isn’t blind yet. Something must happen to you during the third period. If not, you wouldn’t acted like this.” He signed.

“I’m always...stuttering…” Jongin replied. His fingers keeps on fidgeting with each other.

“Someone caught your eyes during that time?”

Sehun only wants to tease his best friend a little, but he’d never thought his question would make his best friend’s face turn red.

“Who was it?”

“I… don’t know what are you... talking about…”

“You better confess to me now. Your face turned red because of my question. Who was it? Was he or she someone that I know?”

“Sehunnie, you’re thinking... too much. My face turned red...because it was hot here. No one… had caught my attention. If it was there was... someone, what is the chance... of them will like me back?” Jongin said. His expression was a bit sad.

Sehun then rolled his eyes. He quickly writes down on his notebook before tearing the pages. He folds the paper and throws it to his best friend’s desk.

“Go check your eyes because your eyes must have a problem since you can’t see how good looking you are. Your stuttering had become lessen compared to before while your panic attack still can be controlled. Not like me who is mute.”

“But… you have Luhan…”

This time it was Sehun’s face turns to become red.

“What are you talking about? Luhan...”

Sehun can’t finish his words because the teacher had saw them talking and asks them to pay attention to class. Sehun huffed before turning back to face the blackboard.

 


 

Sehun still can’t let that matter go. He keeps on bugging Jongin, but Jongin keeps on being silent about it until Jongin’s driver came to pick him up. This really made him very curious and at the same time a bit angry because they used to share everything. Why Jongin wants to hide it from him?

He jumps a little when he hears a loud honk. His lips then curls into a smile, thinking that it was Luhan. However, he drop his smile when he saw the silver colored hyundai in the parking lot.

He sighed. How could he forgotten that Luhan had fly to Japan today? Luhan even send a message to him this morning to inform him. He quickly run towards his brother’s car when it honks again. He then climbs up into passenger seat while his brother looking at him disapprovingly.

“What’s taking you so long? I saw you’ve been standing there almost two minutes after I’ve had arrived.”

“I’m sorry, ge. I was deep into my thought just now. That’s why I didn’t heard you when you honk for the first time. Why you are the one to pick me up today?”

“Is it a crime for me to pick up my own brother?”

Sehun shakes his head.

“I want to make up to you for yesterday. We can have dinner together tonight. I even cancelled my appointment with my client and told my secretary to don’t call me tonight because I want to spend some quality time with my younger brother. What do you say?”

Sehun eagerly nodded his head.

“We’ll go home first to change our clothes. After that, we’ll head to your favorite restaurant.”

Sehun gives an ‘ok’ sign to his brother. Kris grinned after he saw the gestures. He then starts his engine and drives out from the school compound. On the way to their house, they were having a small conversation until it was interrupted by Sehun’s ringing tone.

Sehun’s lips automatically curled into a smile after he saw the message from Luhan who’s informing him that he had safely reached.

“Who was it?”

“Jongin.” Sehun lied. He quickly put back his handphone inside his bag so that his brother wouldn’t able to see the message.

“Ohh… okay.”

It was silence afterwards as Kris’s car pulled into the driveway. Kris clenched the steering until his knuckles turned white while Sehun’s stomach dropped in dread.

There was a sleek Black Mercedes Benz parked in the front.

Their parents were back.