First Date

To Love And Be Loved

“I have nothing to wear!” Baekhyun said exasperated. It sounded cliche but it was totally true. Sort of. He had gone through his two closets in an attempt to find the perfect date outfit.  Date. The word itself made his stomach fill with butterflies. This was his first ever real date with someone. Not just someone, Kris. The Kris Wu. Tall, y, hot… the list goes on. A blush was creeping down his face causing him to feel hot despite the cool spring weather. He would look one more time before calling in reinforcements.

 

“I came here as fast as I could what's the emergency?” Sehun wheezed gripping his side and the door frame. “I have nothing to wear!” Baekhyun whined. He was in a white undershirt and boxers. “You- I cant- nothing to wear!? I ran five blocks because you have nothing to wear?!” Sehun gasped while glaring at Baekhyun. “I have a date.” Baekhyun said shyly his blush returning. “You do? You should have just told me that. Who’s the lucky girl?” Sehun beamed down at him before removing his shoes. “WellthatsthefunnythingitskindaKrisWu.” Baekhyun knew Sehun was gay but he didn't know how’d he react to Baekhyun being gay and having a date with someone from their high school. Sehun’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped. “No , no ,YOU bagged Kris Wu, you bagged the fine as hell Kris Wu? Is he even gay?” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and let out a huff. “Why does everyone keep saying that? He’s obviously gay he asked me out! He’s totally fine and I kind of can't believe it either.” Sehun looked him up and down “He must be a thigh man.” Baekhyun slapped Sehun playfully before the duo made their way to his room.

 

After an hour and a half and only a few tears ( because sehun burned Baekhyun's ear with the curling iron) Baekhyun was finished. Sehun had picked out a basic blue flannel and some dark wash jeans. This was all fine with Baekhyun until Sehun insisted on him leaving the top buttons open down to his mid chest. “I look ridiculous” Baekhyun whined. “You look effortlessly y.” Sehun insisted. They topped it off with a light grey beanie.

 

“This is stupid isn't it?” Baekhyun said as he hugged his sides. This whole idea was completely stupid he told himself. Last time they hung out he spilt hot coffee on Kris. Tonight was sure to be another disaster.

 

“No, it’s not stupid.” Sehun said as he groomed himself in the mirror.

 

“You don't think so?” Baekhyun said quietly, tugging at his flannel.

“No. I think it's brave to do something that scares you. You like him, he likes you. You owe it to yourself to see what could happen. He tousled his caramel locks and looked to Baekhyun. “Plus he’s totally hot.”

 

The two laughed, the pep talk helped calm Baekhyun's nerves. Sehun left and wished him good luck and Baekhyun was left to wait. Thankfully his wait wasn't too long. There was a knock at the door. It was time. Baekhyun straightened his flannel once more and cursed Sehun for talking him into wearing it open. He took a deep breath and opened the door.

 

Baekhyun was greeted by a bouquet of vibrant purple flowers and bright white flowers. “Sorry.” Kris said lowering the flowers from Baekhyun's face. “Are-” Baekhyun began. “Oh yeah, these are for you.” Kris said hastily. “ I passed a flower vendor and I picked these up for you.” Baekhyun took the flowers and pressed them to his nose. “They smell really good.” He looked up at Kris who was smiling wide, he could feel his blush returning. “Let me go put these is water real quick.”

 

Baekhyun disappeared into the kitchen leaving Kris alone is the foyer. He filled the thin vase he received as a housewarming present and placed the flowers in it. They were beautiful and delicate, the sweet gesture caused the butterflies to return to his stomach. When he returned to the living room he saw Kris holding the movie box of the action film he was supposed to watch with Chanyeol. “I didn't know you were into action films.” Kris said looking to Baekhyun. “Oh no, I’m not I was supposed to watch that with Chanyeol, but, well, things fell through.” His voice tapered off at the end and he couldn't help but look down. He was making himself sound like a total loser in front of his date. “His loss then.” Baekhyun looked up at Kris who was smiling down at him. He could feel his face burning. “Should we go then?” Kris asked. Baekhyun nodded and the two left.

 

Kris chose a quaint little restaurant that was near their college. The atmosphere was casual and the seating was cozy. The waitress led them to a large corner booth far away from the other patrons. Despite the large space, Kris sat right next to Baekhyun, causing his heart to beat wildly. He smells so good! How is it possibly to smell so good? Like fabric softener but better?

“So what are you thinking about? I was thinking Gopchang jeongol.” Baekhyun eyed his menu quickly. He hadn't even looked at it yet, he was too busy focusing on breathing. “Uh, the Bibim Naengmyeon.” The waitress arrived shortly to take their orders and the two were left to wait. Baekhyun took a long sip of his water. He was afraid to speak. He had no idea what to talk about, he didn't want to be boring. “So how are your classes going?” Kris asked. Baekhyun silently thanked all the gods that he didn't have to start the conversation first. “They’re good but a little challenging. I really hate my English class.” Baekhyun scrunched up his nose at the thought of the hot classroom with the old grouchy professor. “I really like music theory though. I’m learning so much and I feel like it'll help me become a better singer.” Baekhyun blushed. Oh my god I just rambled on about school i’m so boring oh my god why did I do that????? “I’m sorry I didn't mean to go on like that.” Baekhyun looked down too embarrassed to look up at his date. Fifteen minutes into the date and I’ve ruined it. He’s never gonna like me an- “Don't feel bad.” Kris said lifting Baekhyun's face to look at him. “It’s good that you're so passionate about singing, it’s cute.” Baekhyun could feel his whole face turn red. He was face to face with Kris. His eyes were such a deep rich brown. He really was so beautiful. Me? He called me cute? The waitress arrived, killing the mood. The food was delicious and the conversation flowed naturally. Kris was actually very funny and Baekhyun leaned a lot of things about him.

Kris hadn’t told his parents that he’s biual, it was still new to him he explained. Baekhyun listened intently while Kris told him all about his confusing feelings growing up, he liked girls but his feelings for boys confused him and led him to a lot of pain. “You’re actually the first proper date I've had with a boy.” Baekhyun felt his face go warm. He was the first and he felt so honored. “To be honest.” Baekhyun looked to him, his smile was uncontainable. “I had a big crush on you in high school.”

“I know.” Kris smiled. “Y-you knew?” Baekhyun said eyes wide. “Of course I noticed the cute boy from choir. You wore glasses back then, you were really cute and nerdy.” Kris leaned in slightly causing Baekhyun's heart to race. “I-” Baekhyun began.

 

“So are we thinking dessert?” The waitress said brightly handing Kris a dessert menu.

 

Baekhyun swallowed the lump in his throat and fanned himself lightly. Was he leaning in???

“I’ll take the Hwagwaja” Kris said. The waitress looked to Baekhyun. “Uh. Okay that too please.”

The waitress left. A man began to play the piano on the small stage to the front of the restaurant, a beautiful girl joined him and began to sing. Her voice was beautiful and pure and the room was enchanted. Baekhyun was so focused that he almost didn't notice Kris drape his arm around Baekhyun's shoulders. almost. His heart began beating erratically. Suddenly he couldn't focus on anything other that how Kris smelled and how warm he felt in his embrace. Baekhyun tried his best to focus on the beautiful music, he really did. When the ballad ended Kris leaned down by Baekhyun's ear. “You’re better. I wish you would sing for me.” He whispered, his warm breath on his ear caused Baekhyun's body to shiver. Turning his head to face him, their noses were inches apart. “You want to hear me sing?” Baekhyun whispered breathlessly. Kris began to lean in further…

 

“Here’s your bill! Thank you so much for coming, stop by soon!” The waitress took their empty tray and left the bill. Kris pulled away and took the bill. “You ready?” He asked. “Uh y-yeah.” Baekhyun stuttered. The two left, Kris leading Baekhyun with his hand on the small of his back. Losing his balance at the sudden gesture Baekhyun fell forward. Without missing a beat Kris caught him around his back. “I-” Baekhyun began, red with embarrassment. Why can't I do anything right? I can't even walk! “Are you okay?” Baekhyun nodded. “ In fact,” Kris began “ I kind of like it when you blush like this.” Kris said causing Baekhyun to lose his breath again.


Upon getting into the car, Baekhyun bumped the glove box causing it to open, inside were tons and tons of CD’s of all different genres. He quickly thumbed through the CD collection and picked out one of his favorite girl groups, teasing Kris mercilessly about his large amount of girl group CD’s. A particular favorite came on and Baekhyun began to belt along to the upbeat sugary song about first love. Kris smiled wide and snuck side glances to the boy who was singing along and dancing as best as he could in a seat. Kris added in backing vocals in a too high falsetto causing Baekhyun to laugh loudly. The song and moment ended too soon. They arrived to Baekhyun's apartment. “It’s dark, let me walk you up.”Kris said, Baekhyun's heart skipped a beat. Baekhyun exited the car. As the walked up the dark quiet walkway, their hands brushed sending sparks throughout Baekhyun's body. Once the reached the door, Baekhyun reached for his keys, he turned to Kris “I ha-” At once, Kris’s mouth was on his. It was soft and gentle lasting only a second. He saw stars, his body was warm and electrified by the small brush of lips. “I had an amazing time. Kris said biting his lip as he smiled. He left Baekhyun stunned as he began walking down the path. “By the way. “ He called out. “You looked amazing tonight.” He winked and was gone.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I hope you enjoy it! Your comments and upvotes keep me going, thank you and I love you all!