Book Store

To Love And Be Loved

“Ouch” Baekhyun said, closing his eyes quickly. He wrapped himself tighter in the blankets, hiding his head. “yuh dib th to mh” Baekhyun’s whine was muffled by the blankets.

 

“What? Baekhyun I couldn't hear you.” Chanyeol said smirking to the mass of blankets that was Baekhyun.

 

“Yh dib th mhh!” The lump wiggled while letting out another whine. Chanyeol smiled to himself. Being a mischievous jerk, he reached out and began to tickled the mass of blankets.

 

“Nnnnhhh!” The thrashing figure whined. Chanyeol was now openly laughing at the scene.

 

“What? What? I can't hear you Baek!”

 

Finally sick of the harassment, the lump of blankets tackled Chanyeol, forcing his arms to his side. A silver head emerged, flushed from the warmth. “Why are you so mean to me?”

 

Chanyeol was frozen, literally because there was a person pinning him to the bed and because said person was cute and pink and straddling him.

 

“Don't tickle me when i'm hungover.” The smaller man said sternly.

 

Chanyeol was blushing furiously. “S-sorry Baekhyun.” He said breathless.

 

“You're weird.” Baekhyun said tugging at Chanyeol's oversized ears. “I want breakfast.”

 

..........................................................................................................

 

“Let's go in here!” Baekhyun said pointing to a used book store. They had just been to a cafe to remedy their hangover troubles. Neither brought up the tickling/straddling event. Baekhyun didn't seem bothered by it, Chanyeol couldn't stop thinking about it. He wasn't gay. He was being a jerk to his hungover friend, that's all. It wasn't cute either. He was still drunk, that's why he thought it was cute they way his brihgt silver hair was tousled or-. Chanyeol shook his head as if to clear the thoughts away. “Sure.” He replied to Baekhyun who was already entering the shop.

 

The shop was old and smelled like books. There were large mismatched rugs everywhere and bookshelves winding to the back of the store like a maze. “Records are on sale in the back.” The old woman at the counter said, he face not leaving her book. “ooh let's go.” Baekhyun whispered before he disappeared into the maze. Baekhyun followed the narrow passages until he found his way to the records at the very back of the shop. It was a musty corner with hundreds of records sorted into various boxes. Baekhyun loved records. His mom used to play her favourites and she would pick him up and swing him around like they were dancing. Those fond memories sparked Baekhyun's love of music and dance as well as record collecting.

 

“I figured you’d find this place quick.” Chanyeol said emerging from the maze.

“They have so many classics.” Baekhyun said as he gently thumbed the vinyls.

“You already own a million.” Chanyeol said teasing.

“And I need a million more.” Baekhyun replied as he began pulling out new records for his collection.

 

bzzt bzzt

 

Baekhyun was pulled out of his trance by the notification from his phone

1 new message: Kris Wu

 

Baekhyun felt his face go hot. It was a surprise that Kris was talking to him after the mess at the cafe.

 

Are you free tomorrow? I was thinking dinner, just the two of us. No coffee, I promise. -KrisWu

 

Baekhyun's blush turned purple.

 

In a moment of confidence he typed back.

 

That sounds great! Where and what time were you thinking? -B

 

He fanned his face urging his blush to go away. It was crazy to think that Kris wanted to go out again. is this a date??? No no it’s not right? There's no way I agreed to a date without knowing it's a date!?? . I totally agreed to a date.

 

“Hey you okay?” A voice cut through the chaos of Baekhyun's internal monologue.

 

“What?” Baekhyun said absently looking to Chanyeol.

 

“You uh, you looked like you were deep in thought. You stick your tongue out when you think deeply.” Chanyeol said his voice deep and gravely, the tops of his ears turning pink.

 

“Yeah I’m okay. I think I just agreed to a date with Kris.” Baekhyun said.

 

“What!?” Chanyeol said loudly before they heard a “shh” from somewhere within the stacks.

 

“He texted me about dinner, and, I just, I said yes without even thinking about it.” Baekhyun said rushing to explain.

 

“You have to cancel!” Chanyeol said earnestly earning him another “shh” “He’s a weird guy anyway.”

 

“I kind of like him. I think. I don't know. He’s cute and, well, no he’s hot-” Baekhyun said gushing.

 

“He’s not even gay? Right? He’s not and even if he was he’s totally weird anyway right?” Chanyeol began talking very fast, the blush from his ears was spreading to his neck.

 

“He’s obviously gay he asked me out! He’s totally nice. You don't have to be worried about me, I’ll be okay. Baekhyun said as he gathered his selected records. “You don't have to worry about me, seriously.” He smiled brightly before he disappeared into the maze.

 

“Yeah.” Chanyeol said quietly, frowning. “Sure.”

 

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I hope you enjoy it!