Obstacles

To Love And Be Loved

Are you sure that's such a good idea Baek? He was a jerk to you, he seems like bad news -C

 

He apologized! Everyone has bad days plus it was partly my fault. -B

 

It wasn't your fault Baek, he was pressuring you. I don't like that guy he’s just bad news, you can do better. -C

 

Park Chanyeol I love him and I’m gonna tell him. I wasn't ready before but I think I am now, the time is right and he's a good guy who had a bad day. -B

 

Wait wait the time is right for what? You love him!? -C

 

Baek he’s a bad guy i’m serious! He is a bad dude! You can't seriously love an awful dude like that. -C

 

Hello? Hello??? -C

 

Baekhyun ignored the rest of Chanyeol's messages. He was wrong, Kris is a good guy who was sweet and super hot and maybe….. Baekhyun blushed at his own thoughts. Maybe he loves me too.

 

Baekhyun couldn't help noticing how romantic the situation was. He was a nobody, a guy who would rather see love than be in it, a quiet person and then came Kris. Tall, handsome, kind Kris. He saw me. He saw me and thought I was special. He noticed me and for the first time I wanted to be apart of love, not just watch it. It was his own fairy tale coming true. He had been nervous before, he was unsure but now he knew. He knew when Kris called him for coffee that he truly cared. He was ready, he was ready to give himself to Kris. This time it’d be romantic, he would tell Kris that he wanted it to be romantic. He finally found someone to love him. Sure there had been a bump in the road but what love is perfect? He felt himself become excited as he daydreamed about his life with Kris. Finally he would have his happy ending.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

This is bad, this is so so SO ing bad. Chanyeol thought as he ran his hands through his raven colored hair. How do I stop this? He can't, he can't hurt Baekhyun like that. The thought of Kris even touching Baekhyun made him sick and angry. Kris was a player and an awful guy. It had been a few weeks since Chanyeol had been with Bom, after that it didn't seem right to go on dates with other people, he didn't want to hurt anyone. He wasn't sure what he was feeling but he knew he couldn't lead on anyone anymore. He wouldn't hurt anyone anymore. He didn't deserve love but all the women he had dated did, they deserved better than him. Chanyeol vowed to himself that he would stop dating around. He had reached this decision after the incident with Bom. He didn't want to have anymore waking fantasies about Baekhyun. Chanyeol still wasn't sure why he had had that fantasy about Baekhyun. It was weird and yet… it was right. Chanyeol shook his head to erase the image of Baekhyun. More and more his thoughts seemed to center around him. The image of Baekhyun on top of him flushed pink the night he had stayed over after the cafe incident. Chanyeol would never admit it but he had had a reoccurring dream about that situation playing out differently… He also thought about the little things like how cute Baekhyun looked when he pouted, how he ate ice cream, how he always wore oversized sweaters. A million little things about Baekhyun raced around in his head to his dismay. He didn't want to think about what those thoughts meant,he wanted to fully ignore them, and so he did.

There were more important things to be done, like stopping Kris. But how?? Chanyeol was distressed. He knew he would have to show Baekhyun the messages to prove that Kris was using him. It would hurt him, which is the last thing he wanted to do but it was either tell him now or risk him getting used. , but how?? Baekhyun wasn't answering his messages or calls. Chanyeol knew this was the type of thing he needed to do in person, he couldn't just screenshot it and send it. No, he knew he had to do it in person. There's no other way then, I’m just going to have to go there myself.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

“Sehunnnnn” Baekhyun wailed into the phone. Tonight was the night, tonight he was going to tell Kris that he loves him and then hopefully they would….Baekhyun blushed too embarrassed to even think about what he wanted. Tonight had to be perfect. He would confess and hopefully lose his ity. He had googled some things that he definitely had to erase his browser history for and realized he needed supplies. Baekhyun had nervously gone to the corner shop and purchased condoms and lube under the disapproving gaze of an older female shopper. He had quickly left the shop and when he arrived home he shoved the bag under his bed. Baekhyun wasn't sure that tonight he would be losing his ity but he had hope that if not tonight then soon. After his trip to the store he had prepared dinner and set it to cook the final thing to do was to get dressed and wait for him to arrive. It was nerve wracking his whole day he was nervous and giddy despite Chanyeol's constant calls and texts. He loved Chanyeol dearly and knew he was looking out for him but he had no idea. He didn't know about the soft and tender moments where Kris showed his soft side. Baekhyun figured it was best to keep him out of the loop until after it happened, then Chanyeol would have to see that Kris was a good guy.

 

“Sehun I have nothing to wear and and tonight Kris is coming over and we’re gonna have !” Baekhyun wailed instantly regretting his motor mouth for giving away too much.

 

“On my way.” Sehun said before clicking off. Baekhyun sighed relieved, Sehun was good at giving pep talks and even better at picking out outfits and hopefully he could give him some bedroom advice, being the only other gay guy he knew. Baekhyun lay on his bed finally letting himself a moment to be happy and not afraid. Tonight will be perfect.

 

Ten minutes later Sehun arrived smiling wide. “I can't believe you’re going to tap that Byun Baekhyun!” At this Baekhyun blushed scarlet. “Wait.” Sehun said looking Baekhyun up and down. “Have you even showered? Have you prepared?” Baekhyun furrowed his brow in confusion. “I showered this morning.” He said. “Oh my god,did you shave at least?” Sehun sighed deeply. “Sehun I don't have a beard do I?” Sehun let out a frustrated grunt and pushed Baekhyun toward his bathroom “Yah Sehun!” Baekhyun wailed as he was being forced into the bathroom. “You get in there right now and you shave properly, I can't believe I have to tell you this!” Sehun huffed. “Shave what!” Baekhyun cried. “Byun Baekhyun.” Sehun began looking very stern.”If you are going to have a man by your have the decency to at least shave to make his job more enjoyable.” Baekhyun blushed and stuttered “O-okay thanks.” He closed the door and turned the water on. “And exfoliate your face, I’m gonna make you glow Byun Baekhyun!”

 

Twenty minutes later Baekhyun was smooth and shaved and sitting on his bed being looked over by Sehun. His nerves were getting to him and he wished he hadn't invited Sehun over. “I think.” Sehun began finally breaking the silence. “I think I have an idea.” After than Baekhyun was told to stay still and to move only when told as sehun applied creams and powders and liners to his face, He had no idea what Sehun was doing to his face but he trusted him. Fifteen minutes later Sehun looked him over and smiled. “I’m so good, go look at yourself.” Baekhyun hesitated and turned to look at himself in the mirror. He met his own eyes and was at a loss for words. His reflection was so beautiful and soft and Sehun was right he did have a glow about him. Baekhyun's hair was straight and lay against his forehead calmly in a way he never could have managed on his own. His face was dewy and flaw free, his eye makeup was light, it was there only to accentuate, he had a soft rosy blush on his face making him look somehow younger and more delicate. “I-” Baekhyun began breathlessly. “I know, and you’re welcome.” Sehun smiled warmly. “Now for the outfit!” After much debate the two had finally settled on an outfit. A soft pink and white striped shirt and tight jeans “Your looks great in them I won't allow you to say no!” Sehun reasoned. Baekhyun eyes himself in the mirror as amazing as he looked he still felt nervous and a little scared. “Hey.” Sehun said softly. “This is your first time yeah?” Baekhyun nodded embarrassed at admitting his lack of experience. “Go slow.” Sehun said. “Don’t rush it, if it doesn't feel right, if something feels off then stop. I wish someone had given me this advice.” Sehun looked away wistfully. “You really like this guy? You’re really sure?” Sehun asked. Baekhyun was sure, or at least he thought he was sure. Kris was tall and handsome and sweet...except for that one time but that was his own fault he figured. Kris was in a hard (literally) situation and he reacted badly which is human. This time he wouldn't be afraid, this time he would go through with it. This is true love he told himself. “Yeah, I do. No one else has ever looked at me like he does.” Baekhyun said looking down at his feet. “What about Chanyeol-ah?” Sehun said. “Chanyeol is a fine piece of .” Sehun smirked. Baekhyun let out a laugh. Chanyeol gay? If Chanyeol were gay then the sky was pink and pigs could fly. “He’s my best friend and definitely not gay.” Sehun hummed to himself. “I wouldn't be so sure, I saw how protective he was over you in high school. I bet you he’s at least questioning. Oh well.” Sehun began packing his makeup and tools away. He had never seen Chanyeol that way, he didn't seem gay at all. He always had new girlfriends all the time and he wasn't any more protective than a best friend should be. Plus he’s not even my type.

 

Sehun gave Baekhyun a tight hug and made him promise to call if anything happened good or bad. With Sehun gone Baekhyun was alone and nervous, he felt the sensation of deja-vu only this time, he was determined to follow through.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..........................................................................

 

I’ll give him a chance, I’ll give him the chance to come clean to Baekhyun. Chanyeol thought to himself as he sat staring at his phone. He had been anxious all day about what he had to do, he finally decided to sit down and deal with it instead of pacing around uselessly.

 

We need to talk Kris. I know about your competition with Taemin and I know what you’re planning on doing and I’m giving you the opportunity to stop and tell Baekhyun yourself before I do it. -C

 

Chanyeol pressed send and bit his lip. He wasn't afraid of Kris, he was afraid of Baekhyun getting hurt. If it came down to it he knew he could take Kris, he would love nothing more than to punch him hard in the face just once.

 

I should have known you would try to ruin this, just like you tried to ruin our coffee date. I don't know or care about your fascination with Baekhyun but I won't be around much longer. After tonight he’s all yours. Stay out of this Park. Oh, and good luck telling Baekhyun he’ll be a little busy. Bye now. -KrisWu

 

Chanyeol was pissed, he was gonna kick the out of Kris for being such a tool. Then it hit him. Tonight. His heart fell to his stomach and he felt ill. There was no time to tell him, Kris was probably on his way over there and there was no time to tell Baekhyun and he wasn't looking at his messages so sending him the proof wouldn't work. Chanyeol pulled at his hair and paced the room thinking and wracking his brain for what to do. There's no other way, I have to go over there. Chanyeol grabbed his keys and slipped on his shoes before he left his house. He didn't know what would happen but he knew he had to try. Even if Baekhyun slammed the door in his face he had to at least go over there and try.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Baekhyun pulled the baking dish from the oven and set it to cool on the counter. Kris would be there any moment and he wanted everything to be perfect. He quickly set the table and lit the candles around his apartment. Right as he a soft romantic playlist he heard a knock at the door. It’s time. Baekhyun smoothed his shirt and hair before opening the door. Kris stood on his step holding a single white rose. He smiled brightly and Baekhyun felt his heart leap. Kris looked amazing. He was in a jean jacket with a black shirt underneath that was tight enough to make Baekhyun swoon. Kris looked Baekhyun up and down, his eyes were dark and predatory. “You look amazing.” Kris said handing the rose to the smaller man. Baekhyun blushed and mumbled his thanks, instantly feeling anxious again. “Right, come in.” He smiled moving aside so Kris could step inside. Baekhyun stood awkwardly in the foyer unsure of what to say, his nerves getting the better of him. “Wine.” He said suddenly. “Uh do you want some wine before dinner?” Baekhyun said breathlessly. Kris chuckled and smiled. “Sure. lets sit on the couch.” Baekhyun went to the kitchen and poured two glasses of red wine and placed them on the coffee table. “You’re phone's been ringing non-stop, were you expecting a call?” Kris said taking his glass in hand. “That's probably Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said grimacing. “Here.” Kris said taking the phone and turning it off. “No more distractions.” He smiled and Baekhyun sat next to him taking a long sip of the wine.

...................................                                  .............................................................................                              ...........................................

“Goddamnit Baekhyun!” Chanyeol yelled throwing his phone on the empty next to him. He was stuck in traffic and Baekhyun had turned his phone off. Time was running out and Kris may already be at his house. “!” Chanyeol cried pounding on the steering wheel. He felt useless and helpless. He needed to save his friend he couldn't let this happen Baekhyun meant too much to be hurt by some jackass. The traffic began to pick up and Chanyeol let out a sigh of relief.

..................................                                    ..................................................................................                           ...............................................

“Have I told you that you look amazing tonight” Kris said leaning close to Baekhyun. Baekhyun felt as though he couldn't breathe. Kris looked amazing and smelled amazing and he was so effortlessly y and Baekhyun felt anxious about his lack of experience. “Y-yes.” Baekhyun breathed as Kris placed soft kisses along his neck. “You know.” Kris said breaking the kisses so that he could whisper in Baekhyun's ear. “I’m sorry about rushing you last time, this time I promise to make you feel good.” Baekhyun felt his eyes flutter closed as Kris resumed the delicate teasing kisses. He felt that his skin was too hot and that his pulse was too strong. “I-” Baekhyun began. “Hmmn?” Kris hummed as he moved lower down Baekhyun's soft neck. “I-I want you to know that I-I really think that I love you.” Baekhyun said. He felt Kris pause and pull away. Baekhyun looked to Kris and met his eyes, then, Kris leaned in and captured Baekhyun's lips. The kiss was hot and intense and it made Baekhyun feel dizzy. He felt himself being moved to straddle Kris and he let it happen. Kris began to move his hands to push Baekhyun's shirt up. Baekhyun felt it was going to fast again but he stopped himself and let Kris move his shirt further up. He didn't want it to be on his couch but he wasn't going to stop it. “Should we.” Baekhyun said between kisses.”Should we move to my room?” Kris smiled and went down to kiss Baekhyun when there was a sudden loud pounding on the door. “What?” Baekhyun said as he finally got some much needed air. “Don't worry, I got it.” Kris growled and set Baekhyun to the side. Kris got up and opened the door when Baekhyun heard a loud cracking noise. He saw Kris sink to his knees and immediately he ran to the door as the yelling began. “Don't you touch him!” Chanyeol yelled as he kicked Kris to the side to enter the house. “Don't you ever ing lay a finger on him!” He spat, his voice deep and full of venom. “What the Chanyeol!” Baekhyun screamed as he saw the blood pour from Kris’s nose. “What the did you do!” He wailed again. “He was.”Chanyeol began, his voice quivering with anger. “He was going to.” Kris got to his feet and pushed Chanyeol into the wall. “What the is your problem Park? I told you to stay out of this!” Kris pulled back and punched Chanyeol hard in the mouth. “Stop!” Baekhyun shrieked as he tried to pull Kris off of Chanyeol . “Leave him alone!” Tears were streaming down his face. “I have to teach this loser a lesson.” Kris snarled. “I said leave him alone!” Baekhyun cried pushing Kris away before he could land another punch. “Don't touch him.” Baekhyun sobbed standing between Kris and Chanyeol. “Baek I’m sorry.” Chanyeol said, the blood gushing from his lip. “Why are you here? He cried. glancing to make sure Kris wasn't going to attack. “He was.” Chanyeol sobbed, hot tears rushing down his face. “He was going to use you, he was going to use you and leave you and I couldn't let him hurt you, I-” Baekhyun put his hand on Chanyeol's arm to stop his shaking. “He’s a liar.” Kris spat. “He’s been trying to ruin us since the beginning.” Chanyeol lifted his head and glared at Kris. “I have proof.” He shoved his phone into Baekhyun hand. Baekhyun read the messages, the tears returning to his eyes. “Kris.” He said softly, turning to face him. “Is this?” He let out a sob. “Is this true?” “No baby of course it isn't.” Kris began to make his way toward Baekhyun but before he could Chanyeol stepped in front of Baekhyun shielding him. “I said” Chanyeol spat, his voice low. “Don't ing touch him.”

“Get out.” Baekhyun said quietly. Chanyeol whipped around and stared at Baekhyun. “Wh-”

“Kris, get out of my house.” Baekhyun said finally looking up to glare at Kris.

“ this, you’re not worth it Byun Baekhyun.” Kris said before he slammed the door shut.

 

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into a tight hug. He didn't know who needed it more but at that moment it didn't matter. He held Baekhyun to him and cried. “I was so worried I wouldn't make it in time. I couldn't let him hurt you. I’m so sorry.” Chanyeol let out a sob. Baekhyun held on tighter as they both cried “You, you punched Kris.” Baekhyun said quietly. Chanyeol pulled away and looked at Baekhyun with wide eyes. “He’s a tool, I’d do it again too, he-” Baekhyun began to laugh, the tears still coming down his face. “Park Chanyeol you saved me.” Chanyeol turned red at his words. “ I-I just well.” He cleared his throat. “I mean I just, he’s a tool.” Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol and it was as if he was seeing him for the first time. His lip was swollen and had blood on his lip and his raven hair was messy and wild and Baekhyun thought to himself that he had never seen someone so handsome in his whole life. He was tall and beautiful and a total goofball and he had clocked Kris Wu all because he didn't want him to get hurt. “I just, well I mean i’m your friend and I knew he was a tool and I saw the messages and I had to stop him you don't deserve that you-” Baekhyun silenced Chanyeol by cupping his face between his small hands. “I deserve someone like you?” Baekhyun said softly. Chanyeol turned red and blinked. “Yeah.” He whispered breathlessly as Baekhyun leaned in to connect their lips.