The Cafe

To Love And Be Loved

 

 

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

“Are you sure?” Baekhyun said tugging lightly on his blue rabbit sweater. He wanted to look nice but casual so he settled on a pink dress shirt with his bunny sweater over top and some smoky black eyeliner. Casual yet chic, totally appropriate for a hangout- not date.


“You look fine, REALLY.” Chanyeol said exasperated with Baekhyun.

“fine.” Baekhyun mumbled tugging at his sweater one more time.

The two boys were approaching the cafe. It was a little before 7 but Baekhyun insisted on being early as usual.

 

“So who exactly are-” Chanyeol said opening the door. He immediately saw Kris Wu staring at him from across the cafe.

 

“Uh,yeahaboutthatmeetingitsactuallyahangoutwithKrisWU” Baekhyun said quickly as Kris approached them.

“Hi, Baekhyun. I see you brought Chanyeol. Nice to see you again Chanyeol.” Kris said smoothly smiling at the two.

Chanyeol grimaced and side eyed Baekhyun while Baekhyun turned a violent shade of red.

“Uh, hi.” Baekhyun squeaked.

“I arrived early so I already got us a table.” Kris said. “Follow me.”

The trio made their way back to the table, Chanyeol glaring daggers at Baekhyun the whole way.

The boys sat around the table and Baekhyun immediately put his face in a menu.

“So Chanyeol, how have you been these past years?” Kris said taking a sip of his coffee.

Chanyeol was too busy glaring at Baekhyun to notice the question, until Baekhyun kicked him.

“Right, yeah. Everything's been good.” Chanyeol said.

Thankfully the waitress appeared breaking the awkward tension. Baekhyun squeaked his order of an iced latte and Chanyeol ordered a cappuccino.

“So Baekhyun how did you like the first day of Music Theory?” Kris asked.

“It was great.” If i had paid attention at all. “Did you like it? I didn't know you were into music.”

“I decided that I wanted to be a music teacher. I love kids and music so it seemed like a natural step.” Kris said. Chanyeol rolled his eyes so hard that Baekhyun had to kick him before Kris noticed.

“That's so wonderful!” Baekhyun said brightly taking a sip of his drink.

“You have-” Kris started before laughing. “You have a bit of foam on your lip.”

 

“Here?” Baekhyun said rubbing at his lip, missing the foam completely.

 

“Here.” Kris said wiping the foam with his finger. “Better.”

 

Chanyeol made gagging noises while Baekhyun flushed purple.

 

“I need a napkin.” Chanyeol mumbled while reaching over to grab the napkins by Kris. His had accidentally bumped Kris’s coffee directly onto his lap. It was a mistake...sort of….

 

“Oh darn.” Chanyeol said flatly taking a sip of his coffee while Baekhyun frantically tried to help Kris with his situation.

 

Chanyeol excused himself to go to the restroom leaving Baekhyun to fawn all over Kris and his coffee stained pants.

 

Once inside the bathroom he felt his phone buzz.

 

Why did you spill Coffee on Kris?? -B

 

I didn't purposely spill coffee on him. -C


He didn't right? He wouldn't purposely spill coffee on Kris Wu. I mean he definitely didn't like the guy. He was a jerk in high school and it made no sense that Baekhyun was here with him. That was why he didn't like Kris. Because he was a jerk in highschool and Baekhyun deserves better than Kris Wu.

 

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

THIS IS A COMPLETE DISASTER. WHY CAN'T ANYTHING GO RIGHT? WHY ME??

 

Baekhyun was fighting back tears while blotting a napkin to Kris’s sweater. He was purple with embarrassment. Now he didn't have a chance-

 

“Baekhyun.” a voice said. It sounded amused. “Baekhyun it’s okay.” He looked up into Kris Wu’s face. He was smiling brightly and Baekhyun was so close that he could see all the beautiful colors in his eyes. Deep and brown turning to amber at the end. Never before did Baekhyun think brown eyes were beautiful.

 

“I’m okay Baekhyun, are you okay?” Kris had his hand around Baekhyun's arm causing his breath to catch in his lungs. Kris smelled like coffee and cologne, a perfect blend.

 

“Uh yeah, i’m okay. I’m sorry.” Baekhyun whispered looking down at the end, ashamed of this night turning into a disaster.

 

“Hey,” Kris said lightly. “I had fun, even if I’m wearing more coffee than I drank. I had fun, maybe we can do this again-

 

“Baekhyun!” A loud voice interrupted Kris. Baekhyun turned to look at Chanyeol who was bright red. Chanyeol lifted Baekhyun up by his arm. “Wow this night has been wild but I think we’re tired so we better go. Bye Kris.” Chanyeol began to drag Baekhyun away despite Baekhyun's complaints.

 

Once the two were a little ways from the cafe Baekhyun finally got free of Chanyeol's grip

 

“What was that about?” Baekhyun said glaring at Chanyeol.

“I thought maybe you were tired after such an event-” Chanyeol began

“Couldn't you see us talking? Everything was being worked out.” Baekhyun said pouting and crossing his arms over his chest.

“I’m sorry Baek, I thought you would want to leave right away after something like that.

“Well..” Baekhyun began. He really had no reason to be mad at Chanyeol. He was just looking out for him.

“You’re right.” Baekhyun linked arms with Chanyeol. “That was a total disaster huh?”

The two walked back to Chanyeol's apartment together laughing.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

.

Too bright Chanyeol thought as he opened his eyes. There was a slight headache in the back of his head. He lifted his head and looked around his room. There were takeout boxes and empty cans of beer strewn about from last night. He and Baekhyun had ordered takeout and watched some movies. They had had a little too much to drink. Suddenly Chanyeol was very aware of the body next to his. He turned to look at the small form. Baekhyun was sleeping peacefully wrapped in Chanyeol's blankets. Baekhyun usually didn't sleep in his bed but they fell asleep drunk.

 

In the morning light Chanyeol could see how smooth and soft Baekhyun's face was. No flaws or marks of imperfection anywhere. Even his eyeliner had stayed in place all night. Baekhyun let out a sigh and unconsciously pouted his pink lips. Chanyeol had to suppress a laugh at how cute it was. His silver hair was messy and all over the place. Slowly Chanyeol moved a stray lock out of Baekhyun's face. He’s so… Chanyeol caressed the side of Baekhyun's face, his skin was as soft as it looked...Beautiful

 

He pulled his hand away. What was he doing? Caressing Baekhyun's face?? What the hell???

Why was he doing that? He thought to himself as he became more frustrated at his actions. Did he really just think that Baekhyun was beautiful? Since when? He wasn't gay or anything, he knew that. Definitely, for sure not gay. He could admit that another guy was good looking without being gay. Not that there was anything wrong with being gay that's cool he just wasn't gay. Right. Not gay at all.

 

He looked to the sleeping Baekhyun once more.

 

“mnnn Chan.” The sleeping figure said dreamily as it pulled more blankets around it.

 

Chanyeol was frozen. There wasn't enough air in the room, in the world. There was a tight feeling in his chest and butterflies in his stomach. What the hell???? Was he awake? Did he feel me touch his face? Why did I touch his face? Is he dreaming about me? Why is he dreaming about me? What is he dreaming about me?

 

Slowly, Baekhyun's eyes flitted open.