Moonbeam

To Love And Be Loved

The pair parted ways after they left the bookstore. Baekhyun walked away smiling to himself while tapping eagerly at his phone. Chanyeol couldn't help but feel upset. Something in his chest hurt and the whole situation left a bad taste in his mouth. Why do I feel this way? I want him to be happy. Maybe I don't trust Kris because…..because why?? Chanyeol shook his head to clear the thoughts away. He was being overprotective of his best friend. It’s totally normal he reasoned. I just can't see him with a guy like that. He never really imagined Baekhyun with anyone anyway.

 

Baekhyun didn't have a real coming out. In fact, he still hadn't told Chanyeol but it wasn't like he was hiding it either. Baekhyun had been asked out by plenty of girls in the past and he always turned them down politely. He was a top student and everyone assumed that he was just focusing on school rather than love. Baekhyun never noticed how many people looked at him, how girls giggled when he passed in the hallway or how they were always extra nice to him. Chanyeol noticed. Sure Baekhyun wasn’t getting the same attention as him but he wasn't invisible either. Baekhyun was oblivious and polite which made him that much more desireable. The princely guy who doesn't know he’s beautiful. Chanyeol never brought it up, he assumed the same thing as everyone else, that Baekhyun was a studious student who had no time for frivolity.

This belief changed however when they were on a school trip. Chanyeol had scored some Soju in the hopes of causing a little mischief during the otherwise dull trip. It took some convincing to get Baekhyun to drink some but he finally caved when Chanyeol wouldn't shut up about them making forever memories. Lady luck wasn't with them that night, and the pair had been caught and sentenced to kitchen and trash duty for the duration of the trip, effective immediately. The punishment didn't seem too severe to them, they went to the kitchen collected the trash and made their way to the dumpsters on the outskirts of the park. It was a warm summer night, the moon was half full and the stars were spread across the sky. There were more than either of them had ever seen in the city. They were still very tipsy and decided to sit in the clearing to look at the stars a bit more.


“It's so beautiful.” Baekhyun said gasping. “I almost don't care about how you tricked me and got us in trouble.” He giggled as he lightly shoved his friend. “I didn't trick you, you drank it willingly!” Chanyeol whined as he laid himself down. “I did didn't I?” Baekhyun giggled again, his rosy face was illuminated by the moon. “I’m glad the cute counselor caught us though, totally worth it.” Baekhyun laid down next to Chanyeol and continued to gaze at the stars. “You mean counselor Jongin?” Chanyeol said. “Yeah Jongin-sshi, he’s so hot and so tall. He’s even hotter when he’s mad.” Baekhyun giggled, covering his face to hide his blush. Baekhyun never told Chanyeol he was gay. Chanyeol never asked either. He just told him about his crush on their counselor so he must be gay. It explained why he never noticed the girls giving him attention. Chanyeol decided that It didn't make a difference if his best friend was gay or not, as long as Baekhyun was happy he would be happy. “So hot tall guys huh?” Chanyeol said with a half smile. Baekhyun turned to look at him. His eyes were bright and glassy, the moonlight was shining on his pale skin and hair. He looked angelic, so soft and small and glowing like the moon above. Chanyeol was at a loss for words and breath, fully mesmerized by the vision in front of him, too perfect to be real. “We should probably head back.” The vision spoke before it vanished leaving Chanyeol breathless in its wake.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

I know it's shot but I felt like this part stands alone. I hope you enjoy it.