Fish Cakes

To Love And Be Loved

I love him Baekhyun thought to himself as he looked at the man beside him. Kris and Baekhyun were walking through a farmers market, Kris had suggested that he make dinner that night. The thought of a man making him dinner made Baekhyun swoon so he agreed only if he could help. It was a bright cloudless sunday. The weather was finally starting to become hot but there were still moderate days. Baekhyun felt as bright as the sun and as light as the clouds. He had fought with Chanyeol but Kris was there to hug him and tell him that everything was okay. Chanyeol always took breakups hard but this time was different, this time he had snapped and said awful things. Baekhyun figured that he must have really liked this girl and that he was jealous about seeing him happy with Kris. He would get over it he was just sensitive, still, understanding why didn't make his words hurt any less. Chanyeol was wrong. Kris wouldn't ever hurt him, he wouldn't use him. This was different. The way Kris looked at him he could tell it was love. No one had ever looked at him like this before, like Baekhyun was beautiful and interesting and important. Chanyeol would see it too. For the past few days he had ignored Chanyeol's calls and texts, he was still hurt. Baekhyun felt bad about leaving in this hard time but he was so happy with Kris.

 

“Look at this fish! I’m making fish cakes!” Kris said holding a large fish triumphantly.

 

Yeah, I really do love him.

…………………….                  …………………………………..            …………………………….. ..............................

It had been three days and Chanyeol still hadn't heard from Baekhyun. Knowing he had gone too far didn't help him now. In the back of his mind he still couldn't shake the feeling that he was right, that Kris really was just using him. He had no proof other than Kris’s past record and his gut feeling. Maybe people can change? In this case it didn't make sense. Why now would Kris have an interest in Baekhyun? It wasn't as if they had just met, they knew about each other in high school. The more Chanyeol thought about it, the more he knew he was right in not trusting Kris. There was no way to convince Baekhyun though. Sweet, kind Baekhyun who didn't deserve to be used and thrown away. He had known Baekhyun for a long time and he had seen him at his lowest. He knew about his girl group obsession and that he hated chocolate ice cream. He was the only person who was always there for him and this time he had to be there for Baekhyun, to save him from this jerk. How could he protect him when Baekhyun wouldn't even talk to him? He decided that a pizza night with rom-coms and strawberry ice cream would have to do as his apology. He promised himself he wouldn't tease Baekhyun when he cried at the end like he always does. For now, he would do some detective work, stalking Kris’s Line page. The most recent picture was of him and Baekhyun at a farmers market, Kris was holding a large fish and Baekhyun was smiling embarrassed next to him, they looked happy. It made Chanyeol want to barf. Chanyeol scrolled down the page not wanting to look at the happy couple. He noticed a post from one of Kris’s old high school friends. “Hey dude, I’m totally beating you! 2:1 ;P” Chanyeol clicked to view the comments. “I have a bit more finesse than you Taemin, Quality matters to me ;D” Kris commented. “Hurry up dude or all the good ones will be taken, by me :P” Chanyeol frowned at the disturbing amount of winky faces and the subject seemed less than innocent. He could see that perhaps they were talking about something else but knowing Kris’s player past they were probably talking about hookups. Talking about hookups like a competition, the thought made him feel sick, someone using Baekhyun like that was so wrong. Didn't they care about the people they were hurting? Didn't they feel pain after turning someone away? It was then that Chanyeol knew he would have to dig deeper, he had to get proof to save his friend. Chanyeol had had a class with Kris’s friend in high school, they had been lab partners, the guy was totally stupid and hopefully Chanyeol could make that work in his favor.

 

Hey Bro! Haven't talked to you in forever how's it going? -C

 

Bruuuuuhhhhh we havent talked since high school right? You always did the lab reports. Duuuude i’m so good, I’m at Bangtan U right now. Totally awesome school, lots of babes B) - Tbagger

 

Chanyeol winced at Taemin's sign off and the sunglasses emoji, the guy was a total bro and douchebag. Playing as an idiot to save Baekhyun was worth it.

 

Dude I know what you mean, college babes are the best. I’m at Seoul U right now and it's great, Kris goes here I noticed, do you two still talk? -C

 

YOOO I LOVE THAT DUDE! Kris is the man! He said all the hotties were at Seoul U I should have went there! Kris says he gets the most babes bruh but no way, I definitely get more hotties than him ;D ;D ;D -Tbagger

 

Oh I thought that Kris had a boyfriend right now, some cute guy. Seems pretty settled compared to high school. -C

 

Oh that Baekhyun kid? He went to school with us right? The nerdy choir kid with the sweet , Yeah he’s totally hitting that right now. I’ve already been with two hotties so he’s totally behind!! -Tbagger

 

So are you all in a competition? -C

 

Yeah bruh!! And i’m totally kicking ! Kris doesn't stand a chance bro! He said he could get more babes but nahhhhh bruh i'm winning. -Tbagger

 

Chanyeol exited the app not bothering to reply to the idiot. He knew Kris hadn't changed, he knew he was a player. Baekhyun was too innocent to notice what a tool Kris was before and he won't listen now. He had to tell Baekhyun even though it would break his heart. Chanyeol couldn't prevent the pain he would feel, being used would feel worse than being told before he was used. Hopefully he could get to Baekhyun in time.

…………….. .............................. ................................ .............................................

 

So close to 100 subscribers how exciting! I'm glad you all enjoyed the last chapter it was hard to write. Sorry I havent update recently a lot has been going on but I decided I didnt want to let this go for another day! Love you all