Morning

To Love And Be Loved

“He-he j-just!” Baekhyun sobbed into Chanyeol's chest. It had been like this for the past half hour. Baekhyun sobbed and tried to speak while Chanyeol listened and murmured “it’s okay” when Baekhyun was too choked up to speak. He was angry. His best friend was sobbing against his chest about some and Chanyeol knew there was nothing he could do. Getting angry and cursing Kris’s name wouldnt help, it would hurt Baekhyun more. So, with no other way to help, he rubbed his small friends back while he cried. After some time Baekhyun began to settle down, his jagged breathing began to even out. Chanyeol didn't know what to say. What could he say? Should he ask? Should he never bring it up? All he knew was that he hated seeing Baekhyun like this, seeing someone so happy and full of life reduced to a crumpled mess. “I just wasn't ready.” Baekhyun whispered. Chanyeol looked down at the small form clinging onto his. “I just, I wasn't and I made him so mad.” Baekhyun said softly before wiping his face on Chanyeol's shirt. “Baek…” Chanyeol began carefully, unsure if it was okay to speak. Baekhyun turned his face up to look at Chanyeol. Even with a red puffy face he’s still beautiful. Wait what? Chanyeol shook his head to clear it. “Baek.” he began again. “He’s a jerk, if he couldn't respect you then he’s scum. You don't deserve that.” Why does this hurt so much? Chanyeol didn't understand why seeing Baekhyun cry made him so sad, why seeing Baekhyun reduced to this broke his heart so much.  Do I...? Could I possibly be in… Baekhyun’s eyes filled with tears again. “I really like him and I messed everything up.” Baekhyun croaked, his voice breaking. “I just want to be loved. No one….no one has ever.” Baekhyun said quietly. Chanyeol, at a loss for words pulled Baekhyun closer and began to run his fingers gently through his hair. “I….You will be, someday.” Baekhyun drifted off to sleep but Chanyeol was wide awake.

 

Chanyeol woke up first. It was early and the sun was just coming up. They were both on the couch still, Baekhyun was still holding his shirt, snoring softly on his chest. Chanyeol looked outside watching the sky turn from violet to pink. Baekhyun let out a soft sob, clutching Chanyeol's shirt. Without thinking, Chanyeol began to move his hands through the smaller boy's hair, immediately Baekhyun began to calm and return to his peaceful sleep. The sun was coming in through the window lighting his face, making him glow. “You know, it's not fair that you’re pretty after you cry.” Chanyeol whispered as he played with Baekhyun's soft hair. His eyes wandered lower and he say the purple bruises against Baekhyun's slender neck. Chanyeol scowled, for some reason knowing that Kris had done that, that Kris had tasted Baekhyun's neck it made him angry. Its because he’s a jerk. It's not because I...I’m not...you know, i'm not.  Frustrated with himself he fell back asleep.

 

Baekhyun woke up hurting. His eyes ached, and his body ached. He had been warm before and now he was alone. Slowly he opened his eyes. Why am I on my couch? He looked down and saw that he was wrapped up in a throw blanket. The last thing he could remember about last night was being held by Chanyeol, he felt warm and safe and now he was alone again. He must have left after I fell asleep, I’m such a mess. He felt tears come to his eyes again. “Ah you’re finally up.” Chanyeol said, emerging from the kitchen holding two cups of coffee. “You didn't leave.” Baekhyun rasped as his voice was nearly gone. “Of course I didn't.” Chanyeol said smiling. He sat on the couch and placed the drinks on the coffee table. “Why would I leave?” Baekhyun smiled and took a coffee, he took a sip and leaned his head against Chanyeol's shoulder. How am I so lucky to have such a great friend?





............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Its been while hasnt it?