Chapter IX - Jealousy?!

Love Fable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thanks for subcribe this story, ENJOY!!

[NO ONE P.O.V]

The gang was dumbfounded with the beautiful and the intriguing scene infront them. When the Oracle told them about SoShi’s Village, they were expecting a simple and small village with humble families and houses, nothing big actually. But since they arrived on this place, each time they would have a surprise… The place was like a kingdom, no scratch that… the Soshi Village was actually a kingdom, or most likely like a huge city. The same city that held a fascinating and complicated architecture; as mentioned before, the city held a cozy, familiar environment, yet with presence of a high technology for the actual age.

Soshi Village


Nonetheless… back to the gang…

Two days have passed and Jesse was still unconscious. Yet, good thing his condition was out of danger, but this wasn’t the only surprise… While the entire gang waited to encounter the Soshi village ruler… the regent Jin Young; one person refused to stay away from Jesse’s bed. The not so mysterious person… precisely a ginger haired girl made sure to visit Jesse these two days secretly.

However, the auburn haired girl a.k.a Tiffany must be cautious since she didn’t want to alert her friends or… Siwon, of her sneaky doings. The truth was that she still wasn’t ready to express her real feelings to the gang when it came to Jesse. Inside her being, she still felt so ashamed and sorrowful for all the insults and bad actions she committed towards him; she felt like she didn’t have the right to stay close to him or even to care about him. But to be honest, she was the only one who was blaming herself. Tiffany was so deep in her thoughts and her own martyrdom that she didn’t even realize that whenever any member of the gang caught her holding Jesse’s hand or watching him with a longing stare, a genuine smile would creep on their lips after realizing that they were approaching each other again, well mostly from Tiffany’s side since Jesse was unconscious.

Although everyone was a little nervous and anxious for their meeting with the royal family of SoShi Village, Tiffany was more worried about Jesse’s health. At night, she sneaked in the ‘hospital’s corridor and once again, she made her way to his room. Looking around to make sure she wasn’t being followed, she walked to his bed and sat at his side on the mattress. Her hands automatically clasped on his cold ones and she sighed. A small smile crept in her lips when she looked to his face and realized that his skin wasn’t pale anymore. Yet what really caught her attention was … a subtle or small smile on his lips.

Tiffany couldn’t help to chuckle when she saw his serene semblance; it’s amazing that only looking at his face; she could feel a sudden peace washing her whole being from any sorrow. His shy grin was so small, still she could decipher that he was having a nice dream. He would do this unintentionally on his sleep because whenever he was awake, he barely smiled… he had this same habit since they were kids. Tiffany smiled bitterly at the memory while looking at his hand inside of hers.

They used to hold hands most part of time when they were together, it always makes her feel good inside and with a tingling feeling on her stomach. However, time changes the people… Her lips quivered at the thought, but she ignored it… it didn’t matter if she had to start from zero, but she wouldn't lose Jesse Jung twice. She stood up slowly and brushed his bangs gingerly to his right side. Smiling weakly at him, she hesitantly leaned closer to his face and out of sudden, a heat warmed her cheeks, she didn’t even know why.

Taking a deep breath, she muttered gently against his face, mesmerized by seeing his adorable face so up close:

“If only I had a time machine… I – I would make everything different, I would undo all my mistakes… but right now… your safety and your forgiveness are enough for me…”

Her eyes were tender and her heart was warm with the hope of having her friend back. Feeling much more confident, she moved his bangs carefully to his side to expose a part of his forehead. Not thinking twice, she nibbled her lips pondering her thoughts if she should or not do what she had in mind. Gulping deeply, she made her mind and reassuring herself that she was doing nothing wrong, it was an old habit when they were kids. It won’t hurt, right?

Finally leaning forward, she closed her eyes when her lips tenderly touched his forehead. Yet, something odd happened… her heart pounded hard under her chest and a warm feeling spreaded in her body… So quickly pulling herself, she cupped her own cheeks, shocked when she realized how warm it was. Then, she asked to herself with a frown in her forehead:

“What… just… happened? T-this is normal… isn’t it?”

Rapidly shaking her head, she reluctantly let go of his hand, but whispered warmly with a gentle smile:

“Good night … Jessie. Sweet dreams… Please… wake up soon, okay?”

She walked back to the door, but not before turning around and smiled again while she watched Jesse. After some seconds, she opened the door and left the room, feeling much lighter than before. Nevertheless, she wouldn’t ever imagine that the unconscious Jesse widened his smile in his lips and whispered weakly, still dreaming:

“Stephanie… I love you…”

=============================================================================================

The day finally has come… The entire gang was fully recovered from their previous battles and now, all of them were waiting for the regent Jin Young’s arrival. Although they were curious to know the regent who treated them so nicely, they still were worried about Jesse since the latter still wasn’t awake. Nonetheless, the Oracle a.k.a Hyori convinced them that meeting the regent was a good idea and that she would surprise them very soon.

Now, at the wide castle throne’s room, they keep waiting… However, out of sudden, a huge wooden door was opened and two guards entered while opening the way for to the so called regent. Afterwards, a middle age man wearing nice outfits smiled widely once he saw the ‘chosen ones’. He beamed at them and quickly rushed to each of them as he shook their hands excitedly with a big smile plastered on his face:

“Omo! It’s an honor to meet such notable and skillful warriors. Oh! I almost forgot to introduce myself haha *ahem* I am the regent Jin Young, but you can call me just Jin Young. I don’t like titles very much. Mistress Hyori spoke so well about all of you! No wonder… but… you all look so young!”

He added happily as he eyed each member of the gang; in return, they smiled gratefully as they bowed their heads in respect. When the regent was about to talk, someone opened the door and added in a proud tone:

“Wise words, Jin Young. They are very talented indeed, such a pity that one of them is still missing…”

Hyori added with a sorrowful tone as her words sadden everyone else. She had to look down to hide her smirk when the regent sighed and mumbled sadly:

“You are right. It’s a pity that the poor boy is still recovering himself; I must say he is a brave one for resisting those cobra’s deadly venom. But… we can just hope for his recovery…”

The entire gang stumbled their shoulders forward and sighed deeply with a mournful semblance printed in their faces. Yet, one of them, precisely a steaming guy only rolled his eyes at the remark and crossed his arms sulkily when he heard about his love’s rival name. He glanced at Tiffany and felt uneasy with the sight of the girl’s sorrowful expression. The latter was looking down and frowning; no one knew, but in her mind, she still was blaming herself for Jesse’s situation.

Her heart ached and there was nothing that she could do about it? Everything would be better if only… if only Jesse entered these doors, completely recovered. How she longed to talk to him and ask for his forgiveness, how she wanted a second chance… but now… the most important thing was his health. So dwelling in her personal anguish, she wasn’t able to realize that the door creaked a little and someone else stepped in the room.

Hyori’s smile widened as she raised her head and saw the not so stranger entered the room. Due to the unfamiliar sounds, everyone rapidly shot their heads up and gasped in shock with the sight of a familiar face… and wearing a new outfit:

“I am sorry, I am late. I guess I overslept *chuckles* … Did you guys miss me?”

Jesse's new outfit (blue)
       

It was no one else other than Jesse himself smiling warmly at the Oracle and his friends. When they finally realized what was happening, the entire gang minus two people didn’t lunge to Jesse’s spot:

“Oppa!”

Seohyun was the first one to hug Jesse tightly, yet carefully due to his bandaged and immobilized arm. He just smiled genuinely and patted her head and back gently with his free arm. Once she withdrew from his arms, she smiled sincerely, really happy to see him safe:

“Oppa… I am so glad to see you again. Are you all right?”

“*Chuckles* Oh yes I am, thank you a lot, Seohyunnie. Your prayers were certainly answered. I am feeling much better now.”

He said as he ruffled her hair affectionately with a smile in their faces. Afterwards, it was Yuri who lunged herself in his arms, yet once she retrieved herself, she flickered his forehead angrily:

“Ouch! What the hell was that for?!” Jesse whined as he rubbed the reddened spot as Yuri barked at him angrily:

“It is your punishment for being unconscious for too long! Aish Jung, you got on my nerves! What the’ll you were thinking?! Did'nt you know th-!!”

“*Giggles* sometimes you talk too much, Kwon Yuri. Come on, I know you missed me. Give me a hug already!”

Yuri rolled her eyes, yet her frown dissipated as she pulled him for a tight hug and whispered sincerely: “I am relieved to see you safe, but next time, don’t try to kill yourself to conquer your girl’s heart! Yet you must have looked very cool while defending Tif---!!!”

“YA! YURI!” A flushed Jesse pouted and dipped his head to hide his blush in an attempt to shut his best friend's loud mouth. Yet, Yuri started to laugh and subtly mouth the name of his love interest with an annoying expression while teasing him. Meanwhile, he decided to ignore her while each one of the members expressed their feelings of relief to see him all right again.

Sunny smiled and warned him with her index finger cheerfully to be more careful, afterwards giving a tight hug. Hyoyeon just smiled and tapped his back in satisfaction to see him ok; Yoong ruffled his hair playfully, but smiled to his recovered hyung. Sooyoung and Taeyeon high fived Jesse with a wide smile on their faces, welcoming the missing member back. However, while everyone was enjoying the scene, Siwon remained emotionless with arms crossed in disdain and rolled his eyes seeing that Jesse now… was the center of the attention. He had to contain his anger when he glanced to his side and saw Tiffany staring at Jesse with a longing and caring stare. He tensed his jaw and closed his hands in tight fists…

Meanwhile, Tiffany just watched the whole scene with a bittersweet smile on her lips. Part of her was really happy to see Jesse walking all recovered again, yet something held her on the floor… Deep inside, she felt uneasy, ashamed, embarrassed for everything and… what could she tell him now? She planned a whole speech with her sincere words, but everything vanished from her mind. Then, she let a big sigh while feeling a slight heartache since she also wanted to go further and hug him, thanking him for all his doings.

Watching the scene was a torture, her being refused to stay motionless and not express what she was really feeling. So after many efforts, she took a deep breath and closed her eyes thinking:

“Well… I guess it’s now or never…”

Taking the first step, she hesitantly walked to the crowded gang. It seemed like they noted her presence, then they opened the path for her slowly. Jesse, who was smiling to his friends, he felt that his smile faded away when a person was approaching towards him. Their eyes met after three days and emotions were rushing all over their bodies. Both of them were relieved to see the other's safety, once again their stare had so much to say, but they couldn’t find the words. However, while the entire gang watched them expectantly, Jesse breathed deeply as he finally uttered softly:

“Tiffany…” She almost smiled at his soft tone, something that she missed for so long; it was music to her ears. Now, feeling more confident, she gulped and took a deep breath while staring at him warmly:

“Jess--- I --_!!!”

“Oh there you are. I apologize for my delay! Good morning, father!”

Suddenly a blond and elegant young lady wearing a nice and royal outfit entered the large room. The lady had a flawless beauty worthy of her princess title, then she walked to her so called father (the regent) and gave at him a tight hug. The latter beamed at his daughter's care and patted her head affectionately. Meanwhile all the boys were agape with the girl’s beauty, truly pleased; yet, in other hand, the girls weren’t liking even a bit of the longing stare coming from their love interests.

The only one who remained neutral it was Jesse since he still was staring at Tiffany, waiting for her words. To be honest, he couldn’t take his eyes from her; he was really happy and relieved to see that she was safe as well. However, his train of thoughts was interrupted by the cheerful voice of Jin Young:

“Oh. I almost forgot it. This is my precious daughter, the princess Nana.”

The princess a.k.a Nana turned her attention to the gang and bowed her head in respect as she flashed a bright smile… the boys melted at the sight and the girls had to contain their frown. Meanwhile, princess Nana was surprised as well since she thought that the chosen ones would be much older, but seeing that they had practically the same age, she beamed to see such cute and attracting guys. However, while her eyes drifted to each one of them, her eyes glued in shock with the sight of a handsome boy. When their eyes met, he averted the stare shyly as Nana flashed a smile, thinking:

“Hmmm… he is stunning indeed… I am looking forward to meet him, no one can resist at my charms hehehe” 

“I am really delighted to meet such honorable and admiring warriors. Please, make yourself comfortable to enjoy the beauty of our noble kingdom.”

Nana added with a polite smile, yet her smile last longer as she kept staring to the same boy. Tiffany who watched the whole scene, didn’t like this at all. The princess certainly made sure to show her interest… in Jesse. The auburn haired girl rolled her eyes and her inner cheek to contain a foreign feeling of the pit of her stomach… Out of sudden, the regent clasped his hands in glee as he added:

“Oh I almost forgot! Feel free to visit our humble kingdom and enjoy your stay. But if anyone of you needs a personal guide, please let me know. Oh and there is a banquet waiting for us in the dinner room, so if anyone wants to accompany me, I will be looking forward to have a talk with my notorious warriors. Hahaha.”

“BANQUET?!” Sooyoung and Yoong quickly added with their widened eyes. Soon they looked to each other as they spoke with a happy tone:

“WE ARE IN!” They spoke in unison as Yuri and Seohyun slapped the forehead of the shikshin and reckless boys beside them, yet the girls looked to each other and nodded, they knew that they had to stay close of these hungry boys to prevent a probable stomachache.

Meanwhile, the princess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter