Chapter XX - Final Chapter

Love Fable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

heiiiii reader this the last chapter so ENJOY!!!!!!

 

[NO ONE P.O.V]

*GASP*

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

Jesse screamed in agony while debating himself restlessly. All of sudden, he shot his eyes open and he was shocked at his surroundings. Blinking a few times to clear his vision, he realized that… He was in his house again! Placing his hands at his temples, he muttered hoarsely to himself:

“B-but I remembered everything! That wasn’t a dream or… was it?”

Hurriedly, he lifted his clothes to be sure, but there wasn’t even a scar that proved his theory. Once he looked down, he saw the book that he was reading last night. The unwritten book, he thinks. The same object was lying atop of him. Being curious, Jesse reached for the book and his heart shattered into pieces when all the pages were in blank like if nothing had happened. But he could remember everything, each moment came rushing to his mind: his arrival to an unknown land, their friends, the battle, Hyori, Zen, Soshi Village and most importantly… he remembered Tiffany. He could see every flashback with her again, their fights, their moments, their confession, their first kiss and her…

So... nothing was real?! It can’t be! He refused to accept this fact! He widened his eyes and the same unbearable pain consumed his heart. Unconsciously, tears formed in his eyes at the last memory of her. Once he looked at the book and then outside, through the window, he realized something. If he was back at his room, that meant that:

“OH MY GOD! STEPHANIE!”

Jumping off from his bed, he grabbed his clothes without thinking as his heart spoke louder than his mind. Jesse hurriedly climbed down the steps, not caring about the thick clouds or the cold weather outside, or the puzzled looks he was receiving from his mom and sister. There was only one thing screaming in his mind and heart.

“Tiffany…”


[JESSE P.O.V.]

All I could do is run. I don’t know where, but I let my heart lead my way. My feelings and soul are twisted; I don’t know what to think. What if everything is real? What if I’m not able to see her ever again? No! I don’t even want to think about it. However, I have to breathe a little because I was running for minutes or even hours perhaps? I won’t stop until I find her, doesn’t matter how long it takes. I need to see her again.

When I stopped, I realized that I was at our school’s field, close to the bleachers. A bittersweet memory came to mind… this was the place where everything started between us. I looked around and there was me all alone. Breathing deeply to hold back my tears, I looked around incessantly, trying to find any trace of her. My sight got blurry because I knew I already was crying… it hurts so much at the thought of…

“Steph…”

I muttered her name, feeling dead without her around. I was about to turn around to look for her in another place, but my foot got stuck on the ground and I happened to see a familiar silhouette at the bleachers, staring into the sky. I blinked a few times to make sure I wasn’t seeing wrongly. Step by step, my feet took me to this person. I was mesmerized and my heart pounded loudly at each step I took closer to this ‘stranger’.

I nibbled on my lip in anxiety as I climbed the bleachers… When the person turned her face to my direction, my mouth dropped and my dead heart exploded. My eyes widened and I started crying. My voice died at my throat. After taking a deep breath, I yelled with all my strength:

“STEPHANIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!”

“Y-you are alright… Thank God. I thought I had lost you forever…”

God, please tell me that I am not dreaming. S-She looked at me in confusion and all I could do was run to her. I climbed up the last step hurriedly and rushed to her. Without even giving her a chance to speak, I hugged her with all my strength as my tears soaked her shoulder. I couldn’t stop crying. I was afraid if I let go of her, she would disappear again. It felt like eternity as I held her tightly in my arms. It was everything I ever wanted, until…

“What are you doing, Jung?!”

What? She pushed me away and stared at me fiercely as if she was mad with my embrace. My lips trembled in nervousness as I spoke with my voice cracking:

“Steph… what are you talking about? D-Don’t you remember anything? Our quest, the fantasy world, our battles, friends, Hyori, SoshiVillage?!”

She looked at me as if I was the craziest person in the whole world and her expression remained cold. But I didn’t care. I was so happy that she was alive and right before me, and nothing else mattered anymore. So, I daringly reach for her hands and thumbed them tenderly while I looked deeply into her eyes, explaining desperately:

“Don’t you remember anything about… us? About our feelings, our confession… and our love? Please… try t-to remember. If you look into your heart, y-you will remember me…”

A plead escaped my lips as I poured out my heart before her. Yet, a frown crept to her face as she jerked her hands of my grasp abruptly. She scoffed at me and crossed her arms, snapping in disdain:

“WHAT?! ARE YOU CRAZY, JUNG?! I guess you hit your head too hard when you tripped on me yesterday. Stop talking nonsense!”

Yesterday?! But what is she talking about? Her words pierced on my heart like a painful stab. I felt as though my insides were tearing apart when I saw the indifference in her eyes, like I was a stranger. Although, her words did hurt me deeply, something hit on me… I realized that my wish came true… she was alive, but she couldn’t remember a thing about us. The pain consumed me as I felt my tears ready to fall from my eyes. But I couldn’t confront her; it wasn’t her fault, but mine.

She wouldn’t remember our smiles, our intertwining hands, our embrace, our kisses or even … our feelings. Sniffing loudly, I wiped my face with my sleeve clumsily, trying not to look weak before her, but I knew I was failing. All of sudden, I felt a cold drop on my neck. When I looked to up, I noticed the dark clouds and I didn’t remember to bring an umbrella. I looked down at her again and her face still remained cold towards me. I stared at her eyes and even though it wasn’t filled with her love, at least I could still see her again.

Slowly, I removed my hood and putted around her as I muttered weakly:

“I didn’t bring an umbrella with me, b-but I guess this will protect you from the rain.”

“Why are you doing thi-“


I cut her question as I smiled tenderly at her puzzled expression. I had to refrain myself from tucking a strand of her behind her ear. My heart was aching. I didn’t want to leave, but I had to. Nibbling on my lower lip, I answered sincerely while sniffing:

“Because I won’t forgive myself if something happen to you. I don’t want to see you get hurt… ever again… I lo—I care about you so much… more than you ever know, Steph…B-bye…”

We held a deep stare, but I could tell that she was confused. After silence surrounded us, I nodded my head and couldn’t stop myself as I leaned forward and kissed her forehead, pouring all my love for her. My tears fell on her face and I quickly pulled away before she could push me off. I ran down the bleachers, but not without looking back at her for the last time, lingering for a moment. It was when I finally walked away; my heartwas screaming inside, telling me to run back to her and make her remember our love. But I knew that this was what I had wished for; to have her safe and sound.

To see her smiling and happy was all that I needed, even if I wouldn’t be part of her life… again. Suddenly, the rain started pouring but I didn’t care. At least I wouldn’t need to hide my tears anymore… Once I was out of her sight, I burrowed my face in my palms as I sobbed painfully:

“I love you, Stephanie… I love you so much…”

My knees weakened as I fell on my knees, letting the rain wash all my sadness away. But I knew it was impossible. Who was I trying to fool? How can I l-live without her? It is a torture having her love and then… never being able to have it again. My sobs echoed in the air while my heart throbbed in pain. It – it was too good to be true… Slowly, a bitter whimper left my trembling lips; it has to be on this way...

“I – I guess we… were not m-meant to be… after all...”



[NO ONE P.O.V]

The rain poured hard on the brunette on the bleachers. She had a hood wrapped around her to protect her from the cold. Her clothes were soaked as she remained still on the bleachers after Jesse ran away. Tiffany looked to the spot where he was, staring at it as if he was still there and frowned in confusion. Unconsciously, her right hand touched her forehead, precisely on the spot where he had kissed earlier. She couldn’t understand, why was he so worried and caring? They were supposed to hate each other, right? No, she shook her head thinking that nothing made sense anymore.

Her other hand rested at her heart and she was shocked once she noted the furious heartbeats. Why was she feeling like this? Why did she feel such emptiness when he left? Jesse didn’t know that his simple actions had made a sudden twirl in her mind. She looked down, trying to recall something, anything. But her mind was just blank. Closing her eyes and forcing herself harder… in a flash, she saw images in her mind.

All of sudden, she hissed and frowned at the pain on her temples. Although it hurt, she knew that she was missing something very important. Squeezing her eyes shut, the first image that came to her mind was a scene at which she was in some kind of jungle with her sister, friends and … Jesse! B-but how did this happened?! Soon, more pieces of puzzles started to fill her mind, like: Jesse sacrificing himself for her and saving her life, their dance, their confession, their first kiss and… Tiffany whimpered in pain as all of her memories came rushing to her mind as she heard his quotes all over again:

“You said th-that I am unable to show how I feel or love… but let me tell you something… I do know how to love, because the only thing I did all these years… WAS LOVING YOU!”

“Steph, please… I b-beg you… be careful next time… I can’t… I can’t lose you. You are everything to me… I – I love you so much… I love you, Steph…”

“I love y-you so much, Steph. I would g-give my l-life if that m-means… to see you again…”

The last part made her cry in pain; her knees gave way as she fell on the bleachers. Like a replay, she remembered her last memory when… she placed herself in front to protect Jesse from the enemy’s attack. She didn’t have regrets because she knew that Jesse was about to sacrifice himself again for her. And she couldn’t bear to lose him twice. She felt something warm rolling down her cheeks slowly. She touched her face and realized that she was finally crying, or rather sobbing.

She couldn’t believe that she had made it through and was alive again. Her heart ached when she remembered the way she treated Jesse earlier, as though he was a stranger. Recalling how sad and broken he looked was enough to make her choke on her own tears. With tears falling down her face, she muttered feeling emotional while placing her hand on her tremble lips:

“I – I remember… this means… !!!”

~*~
 

Read while listening this again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5BzGwUqGzk


[JESSE P.O.V]

The sky was dark and the rain didn’t stop. I was soaked, but I didn’t care. I knew that this was the present and even if it hurts, I am glad just to love her from afar… like how I always did. Sniffing loudly, I stood up slowly as the rain finally lessened. My eyes wandered around, searching for any trace of her, but nothing. A bitter chuckle escaped my lips as I wondered sadly:

“Why would she run after me… as if she even knows who I am anymore…”

Gulping hard, I hugged myself due the cold weather as I walked away. I was too lost in my depression when I heard a faint familiar voice. Could it be..? No, am I hallucinating already? I must be crazy… but, I heard my name again. My heartbeat thudded faster as I frowned in confusion. Everything else was on mute when I heard the desperate voice calling me:

“JESSIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!”

My eyes widened as I turned around quickly to the voice. It was when my heart pounded so hard as if it was going to explode in my ribs. She was calling me while running in the rain in my direction and I could only stay frozen at my spot, totally startled. Her stare never left mine. When she approached, I could see her puffy eyes. S-she was crying?! I confusedly, and sadly asked her:

“Steph… what are you--!!!”

[NO ONE P.O.V]

At the last second, a red-nose Tiffany throws herself on Jesse, practically jumping on the poor boy’s figure. Not giving him a chance to ask, the tearing girl pulled him for a deep and passionate kiss. Pouring all her feelings into the kiss; Jesse widened his eyes at her bold move, yet succumbed as he closed his eyes and kissed her with the same fiery passion. Everything seemed to have stopped around them. This moment was too precious to slip out of their grasp.

They were soaked in their tears mixed and the rain but they didn’t care. The feeling was too overwhelming. Jesse embraced her possessively by her waist to close any gap between them. Her trembling hands traced his face with the utmost care as she enveloped his thin lips with her plump ones. After what felt like an eternity, they had to pull back due the lack of air in their lungs. Tiffany withdrew first. She didn’t open her eyes and let her forehead touch his.

He couldn’t help but to open his eyes and admire her breath-taking beauty as he cupped her cheek lovingly. All of sudden, she opened her eyes and looked deeply to his. Her hand automatically wiped the tears off his face as she whispered:

“H-How can I ever f-forget you, Jessie?”
“Stephanie…?”

Jesse replied back in an uneven tone as he was anxious and afraid of her next words. A gorgeous smile crept up her face as she cupped his too, muttering softly:

“How can I ever forget… the one I always loved? The one who always loved me in silence and suffering… The one who was always there for me, the one who always was selfless when it came to me and the one who makes my life complete… Jessie, I am so sorry I took some time to realize, but…”

Her smile widened as she cried in happiness. Her hands caressed his cheek as though she was memorizing every trace and detail of his face. Closing the gap slowly, she whispered truthfully:

“Jessie, y-your name.. it’s engraved on my heart. Doesn’t matter if I am on this world or in another… I will always find a way back to you again… I l-love you so much… I j-just can’t live without you… p-please forgive me… for everything.”

She lowered her head, unable to look into his eyes, guilty of all suffering she caused him. However, a hand cupped her chin and made her look up again. Once she met the eyes that were filled with love, care and tenderness, she melted. He caressed her cheek with the back of his hand as he whispered breathlessly, flashing an enormous smile:

“You don’t need to be forgiven. Your love is all that I ever wanted. My life would be only complete with you. I love you, my true and only love.”

They exchanged a loving smile and afterwards, they sealed their love with another passionate kiss. Their heads tilted to the side so they could deepen their action. Tiffany stifled a chuckle when Jesse accidently moaned as she nibbled on his lower lip teasingly. However, she was shocked when she felt his warm tongue brushing against her lips. Her heart thumped fast as she complied and opened in acceptance. Their tongues met shyly at first, but afterwards, they were brushing and rubbing on each other, turning it into a voluptuous kiss.

Tiffany felt the butterflies in her stomach with the consuming kiss; Jesse managed to take all her breath away. Her fingers brushed on his neck and ears, taming him softly. On other hand, he held her tightly, rubbing her lower back as he pulled away from her lips to kiss all her face. She smiled while he kissed her forehead, eyebrows, eyes, cheeks, jaw, chin and back to her lips. Once they reluctantly withdrew from the passionate kiss, Tiffany breathed heavily as Jesse watched her and smiled. He then cupped her left cheek and whispered passionately:

“I love you, Steph.”

She eye-smiled brightly in return, wrapped her arms around his neck and uttered lovingly:
“I love you too, Jessie.”

The passionate couple exchanged tender smiles and stares while cupping the other’s face caringly. They didn’t even realize that the rain had already stopped. The aura between them was overwhelming and warm as they only confessed words of love to each other, returning to their yearning and loving kiss once more.


[SEOHYUN P.O.V] * Before JeTi moment.

I gasped in shock when I heard a loud sound echoing in my head like an alarm clock. When I shot my eyes open, I was dumbfounded… I was back at my bedroom again? I looked around while I was still on my bed… it was when I realized everything was… just a dream? No, it can’t be, it was so real! Ah, I know! I raised my pyjama’s sleeve and my hopes were crus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter