Chapter Seventeen

The Roommate

            After your classes, you got a text from Joshua asking you to bring over the USB that he had left at your apartment.  He said that you could meet at the regular place, the coffee shop. So, right after your class, you hopped on the nearest bus.

            Joshua had you had been doing pretty well. Things had turned out exact how you wanted them too. You and Joshua had almost returned to normal. Around two times a week, the two of you would meet up for tea or binge watch a TV show. These did not include the ‘boys nights’ that Hoshi and DK hosted at your apartment, which you were no longer invited to.

            Well, it wasn’t that you weren’t invited to them, you just didn’t feel comfortable around them yet. Joshua would tell you that you were than welcome to join in, especially since it was at your apartment after all. But you disagreed. You were still avoiding Hoshi and DK (and everyone else). It would completely go against your plans to join in.

           During those nights, it would kind of put in a damper in your mood. You would hear the laughter admist all of the noise the boys were making in the living room. And you would be lyin in your bed in your room, binge watching a TV show, and making a dent in your emergency candy supply. Joshua was cool, and he would often escape to the ‘bathroom’ only to bring you plates of food that DK had made.

            Woozi had bluntly told that he was conflicted between being glad that Joshua was happy, or being disappointed that you were happy. Every time time he saw you together he always smiled at Joshua, which then quickly dissolved when he turned to you. All the same, you were glad that you were able to converse with Joshua now, so that you didn’t have to resort to talking to Woozi anymore.

            The bus pulled up to your stop and you were surprised to see Joshua casually leaning against the bus stop sign. He was cranking his neck trying to looking through the windows. People started to push at you, and you saw that everyone else was moving toward the front to get off. So you followed suit.

            For no reason at all, you pretended to not see him. When stepped you off the bus, you diverted your eyes sideways and started heading straight to the coffee shop. You passed directly in front of Joshua, but paid him no heed.

            Joshua jogged after you. It took him a second to notice that you had not seen him, and in that second the stream of people coming off the bus had separated you two.  

“Hey!” He yelled after you, weaving in between the crowd of people. You fought against a creeping smile on your face, and continued walking, pretending to be oblivious. When he reached you, he grabbed your shoulder. You whipped your head around a mock sense of shock on your face.

            “Hey, I was waiting for you, didn’t you see me?” Joshua asked, slightly winded.

            “No,” you lied easily. “I thought we were meeting at the coffee shop.” You pointed at the next block down where the shop held residence.

            “Well, you’re late and I got impatient.” He said huffily.

            You looked at your phone’s clock. You were twenty minutes late. “I missed quickest bus by like a minute so I had to wait ten minutes for the next one, sorry.” This was not a lie.

            “It’s cool, “ He shrugged. “Did you bring it?” He asked, and he started to walk again in the direction you had started. You jogged to meet him and started rummaging through your bad.

            You pulled out his USB, and handed it to him. He inspected it for a second, checking if it was really his.

            “It’s yours, I checked. Besides, having Soul Eater USB isn’t exactly a common USB design.” You nudged him in the ribs, grinning at him teasingly.

            He shoved the USB into his pocket, blushing ever so slightly. “It’s an anime classic.” He started defensively.

            “I wasn’t judging you.” You said. “I’m just teasing you. I’ve watched it myself.”

            Joshua looked at you skeptically. “You have?”

            “It was a while ago, so I don’t remember much. But I remembered I liked it at the time.” Knowing how much your taste has changed since then, you weren’t sure if that was a good or bad thing.

            “I smell a marathon.” Joshua sang, gripping both of your shoulders and shaking them, excitement in his face.

            “You bring the food; I’ll bring the caffeine?” You smirked, while swatting away his grip. Surely he didn’t think that you would let him forget the rules you put in place? Physical touch. It was useless reminding him because he had mild case of forgetfulness. But that didn’t mean you were going to let the rules slip your mind, just because they slipped his.

            “Deal.” He smirked back.

            The coffee shop wasn’t as crowded as it normally was, so the line was fairly short. From the moment you entered, you could see Joshua looking anxiously at the barista with glazed over eyes. He started fumbling blindly in his bag for his wallet, refusing to breaking his fearful gaze with the barista. Who was obviously to busy taking orders to notice.

            How could you not have noticed this before? The guy seriously screamed ‘social anxiety 101’. He was a textbook case. And as the line shortened, Joshua’s fear intensified. When Joshua was one person away in line, the magnitude of fear on his face would’ve only made sense if the barista was a murdering sociopath.

            “Do you need to go to the bathroom or something?” You waved you hand in front of Joshua’s locked stare. He jumped out of whatever trance of terror he was in and looked at you. You winked at him, and grabbed the wallet from his hand. Joshua looked confused for a second. You repeated your words again, this time slower. His mouth dropped ever so slightly .

            “How did you-” Joshua started to say but you just kicked him.

            “Just go.” You tilted your heads toward the bathrooms.

            Joshua nodded an uneasy thanks before happily escaping.

            You were able to order and get the drinks before Joshua returned. You had seated yourself in your normal arm chairs in the front of the store. They were pressed up against the windows, so you and Joshua could people-watch. But they were also the only two fat armchairs in that section, which gave you a sense of privacy. The rest of the chairs in that section were the older ones that no one wanted to sit in. Most days, you and Joshua had the whole small section to yourself.

            “What do you normally do in there to stall for five minutes?” You lounged in the chair, so relaxed that your was almost falling of the end of the cushion.

            He narrowed his eyes at you. “How did you know?”

            “Just answer my question.”

            “Well I bring my phone, so…I just stroll websites.” You couldn’t stop your lip from curling. “Don’t give me that look, we all do it. Now, answer mine.”

            “Half intuition half outside resource.”

            “Woozi?” He deadpanned.

            “Maybe.”

            “It seems like you guys are talking more these days. First he helped you apologize now this?” He asked, taking a ship of his tea, letting out a hum of joy as he pulled away.

            “We rarely ever talk.” You said honestly, taking a sip from your tea as well.

            “But you guys don’t get into fights anymore, do you?” Joshua had a mischievous look on his face.

            “No, not really. We just kind of ignore each other. We’re both of busy anyway. He’s hardly in the room anymore.”

            Joshua grinned. “How was your mid-exams?”

            “Finished the last of them this morning.”

            Joshua slung his long legs over one side of the armrests and set his back on the other armrest “And? How did you do?”

            “Hopefully…well. I mean, I won’t get the results till next week. But I’m sure I at least got a B on three of them. I worked my off to catch up on all the material I missed.”

            “And the other two?” Joshua raised an eyebrow.

            “Ehh, I don’t know, high C’s?” You shrugged, trying to fight the feeling of disappointment creeping in.

            “I hope you are able to get your grades up.” Joshua said, looking wistfully out the window. “Look! Do you see her shirt?” Joshua exclaimed, trying to get a better view.

            You looked to see a college student with a black converse t-shirt. “That’s okay, I much rather have those than that shirt.” You pointed to a man wearing Timberlands. “Could do without the man bun and beard though.”

            “What’s wrong with man buns and beards?” He asked, and then pointed back outside. “Oh! What about her? Girl sitting at the bus stop, far left: her hair.”

            The woman at the bus stop had her hair dyed purple. “I’ll give you that one.” You said as a side note. “I dunno, I like the ‘man bun and beard’ ideas separate but together they just seem a bit off. It feels too lumberjack for me. Girl at two o’ clock, over there; her bag.”

            “I don’t know what a good bag look like.” Joshua gave you a bored look, as if you were ruining the game. He obviously was only interested in things he considered cool. Sometimes you forgot that he was a guy. “That’s a shame. Did I ever tell you that Jeonghan has a man bun? Sometimes a ponytail.  Woman sitting next to the woman with the purse; suspenders.”

            This is what you and Joshua had been doing lately: people watching. It was fun, or what you two considered fun. You didn’t think that other people would agree with your standards. Sometimes you both would do this for hours, pointing out people while causally making conversation in-between statements.  If it went on for a while, Joshua would start getting deep and try to psychoanalyze the people on the street. Which was hard to do, since the only basis on his claims were the way they were walking.

            When you pointed out this fact to him once, instead of Joshua admitting that his claims were most likely false, Joshua insisted that he was the next Sherlock Holmes. And spent the rest of the time, trying to make deductions about people on the street in a horribly bad British accent. Man, that boy was a piece of work.

            “I want those.” You said looking a woman’s old timey suspenders that Joshua had pointed out. “And when you say ‘ponytail’, do you mean like Woozi’s pathetic ponytail? Uhh… the man in the flannel over there, yea that one. His glasses.”

            “That bright orange though.” Joshua winced, as if the color was hurting is aesthetics “I would like his glasses if they were just a simple brown. Oh no, Woozi’s ponytail is barely hanging on. When I’m talking ponytail I mean ponytail.” Joshua tried to emphasize the last part by turning to you and using hand gestures. But he forgot about his tea in hand and spilled it all over himself.

            “Darn it!” He exclaimed jumping up and tried to shake the remaining liquid off of him. It had gotten all over the front of his shirt and halfway down his pants. “Just my luck.”

            You grabbed a handful of napkins and stood up as well, pressing them against his shirt. His shirt was drenched, and it would definitely stain, Joshua had gotten raspberry tea. The whole front of his shirt was blotched with a pale pinkish color.

“I have to work tonight.” He mumbled dejectedly.  “I can’t work in this shirt.” Joshua said dabbing at the stains on his pants. “I need to go back to my apartment to get another shirt.”

            “You could ask one of the guys at my place for a shirt.” You offered, you were sure that Hoshi or DK had en extra shirt that they could lend him.

            “No, they aren’t my size.” Joshua said. “My apartment is only about a half an hour out. Want to come?” He offered.

            “I’ve never been to your apartment before.”

            “Even more the reason to come.” He said. “Technically, you were the one who bought the tea so this is your fault. I need retributions.”

            You glared at him. “I was going to come; you didn’t need to guilt me into it.” You said gathering the wet napkins and throwing them in the trash.

            You and Joshua walked across the street to the back lot of the guitar store where he kept his car.

            The car ride there did take a while. Almost all of the roads you took were back country dirt roads. Which now explained why Joshua’s car was almost always dirty.

            When you saw a town sign, Joshua pointed to him. “Welcome to my home town!” You looked around. It was a fairly mid-sized town, not too big. As you passed through it you noticed the the town was a strange mixture of farm country and big city.

            Joshua passed his high school. “That’s where I went.”

            “That’s where you and all of your friends met?”

            “Most of them. Some of them we met through friends of friends from different High Schools. In fact, two of them don’t even live in the country anymore.”

            “What?” You said, interested.

            “They did a foreign exchange program in High School for all four years, and they had to go back. They’re from China.”

            “When did they leave?”

            “They left after graduation.” Joshua saw your expression and reassured you. “But its okay, we skype at least twice a week.” Joshua shrugged.

            “How do you manage to skype two people twice a week? That’s so much time.” You said thinking of Joshua’s already packed schedule.

            “Well they live together now, so its just two skype calls, not four. Sometimes when everyone gets together for dinner nights we skype them then.”

            “Do you miss them?”

            Joshua winced. “I mean of course I do. But hey, what can you do?”

            “Is your apartment pretty big?” You asked, wanting to get off the topic of Joshua’s friends. You got the feeling that he really missed them, and you didn’t want to get him in a down mood by continuing talking about it.

            “It’s smaller than your place. Around seven-hundred feet?” He guessed.

            “Is the complex itself a big place?”

            One eyebrow shot up. “Yea, I’m on the fifth floor, and they are to disabled people.”

            What Joshua meant was that there were no elevators. The steps were narrow and steep. To make things worse, the building was old, so each floor had high ceilings. This meant that there were twice the amount of steps to climb. And climbing up them were exhausting, by the end of the third floor you were ready to call it quits.

            Much to your surprise, Joshua was suffering along with you. He commented that he had only lived there for seven weeks. So he  hadn’t yet gotten the stamina for these kinds of things.

            “I’ve never done sports in my life.” Joshua exclaimed breathlessly at the top of the fifth floor, doubled over and clinging to the handrail for dear life. “I don’t know why I even thought this was a good idea. They even offered me a more expensive place on the first floor but I declined. I regret declining that offer every day.”

            Joshua was right when he said his apartment was small. It was small. The living room could barely fit the small couch and the TV. It had one small bedroom, that was smaller than yours back on campus, and a small bathroom.

            But Joshua knew had to decorate the place.

           He had prints of old movie posters on the walls.  And he had his own little collection of records that he hung up in rows, that took up an entire wall in the kitchen and living room. The DVD and CD rack had a rack that was made out of empty DVD cases in itself, so it looked like the collection was floating on the walls. The small two-person couch had a woven Star Wars blanket tucked into the cushions, to hide the actual couch material.

           To make up for the lack of sitting space, Joshua had placed various pillows against the corner. The pillows all sat on a few big, thick fuzzy blankets to make the hard wood floor underneath a comfortable lounging area. There were so many pillows, at least fifteen, of all different sizes and colors, sitting in-between two bean bags. You didn’t have to see pictures of anything to  imagine all thirteen boys, huddled on the blanket, each leaning on the pillows against the wall, or lying down, watching the TV that was opposite them.

            The coffee table that was in between the little hideout of pillows and the TV was just a piece of glass framed by wood, held up by stacks and stacks of old books. In the corner, Joshua had strung up a hammock next to an old boom box, that you assumed was just for decoration. The kitchen had a fridge which Joshua had covered with lots of magnets from every different state. You noticed that there was no dinning room table, and you assumed that the fold up table sticking out of the closet was it’s replacement. There was a lone guitar case siting up against an actual Taylor guitar in the corner. The guitar had a light brown finish glimered under the light.

            All of this was lit under various light sources. On the back of the door was a working florescent neon ‘Yes, we are OPEN’ sign. And and above the TV he had another neon sign that looked like it was Chinese characters. He also had two old looking lamps; one on the table and another in the kitchen. The mixture of lights seems to create a dazed look throughout the room, as if you were in some sort of dream.

            The more you looked at it, the more it intrigued you. It felt so similar to the coffee shop that you and Joshua spent your time in. You wondered if that was why Joshua loved the coffee shop so much. I mean, after all, he did hate coffee.

            “I told you, its small.” Joshua said from behind you. He dropped his backpack against the wall and threw his beanie. The beanie landed in plastic crate of various odd things. You saw a few beanies in it, along with a superhero figure, and a binder amongst other things.

            “This is sweet.” You yelled, grabbing at his arm. But you quickly looked down at your grip and let him go. “This is so cool! Seriously, how did you do this?”

            Joshua scoffed. “It could be better. I mainly just went goodwill hunting.” He pointed at the makeshift coffee table. “I got the countertop there for five.” He pointed to the books holding it up. “These were about a ten cents each. The only real cost was superglue… lots and lots of superglue.”

            “Resourceful.” You said, looking at the place in awe.

            Joshua disappeared into his bedroom and when he immerged he had on a different shirt, and beanie.

            “How many beanies do you own?”

            “Too many. But I just wear them because I don’t feel like doing anything with my horrible bed head in the morning.”

            “Well that, and you’re a complete hipster.”

            “I am not. Beanies are not hipster.” He said huffily.

            You laughed. “Okay well you wear skinny jeans and converse. Also you have indie records put up on your wall, and a hammock.” You said pointing at each item in turn.

            “None of those things are necessarily hipster ” He said defensively. “But they are necessarily awesome.” He showed you a cheesy grin.

            “Whatever…” You said disbelievingly, smiling all the same.

            Taking the stairs down was certainly easier than taking them up. Before you could go out into the parking lot, Joshua took a sharp turn down the hallway and onto the first floor. As followed him, you could tell that these were definitely more expensive.

            On Joshua’s floor, there were apartment doors every few feet.  His floor had at least fifty apartments crammed into the small space. This floor you could guess only had about half as many apartments. The lengths between each door was longer, and therefore more space inside them.

            Joshua stopped at apartment number seventeen, and knocked. Joshua waited and when there was no answer he turned to you. “Coups and Dino live here. They are probably at the bike shop. Let’s stop by before we go.”

            You really didn’t want to, but you didn’t see how you could object.  So, followed Joshua out of the store and down a few blocks.

            It was a small shop, nothing about it screamed fancy. You didn’t get to get a good look at what the actual shop looked like because Joshua went in through the back door. Which led straight toward the staff room.

            The staff room was only lit by the one wall that was all windows. There was a few tables, an old microwave and mini fridge next to a dingy couch.

            “Joshua!” A voice yelled.

            Dino was sitting at one of the tables, his homework laid out in front of him. He wore a one-piece worker jean-suit that was covered with splotches of dirt and oil.  He wore an old baseball cap that had the bike shops store’s logo on it. His dirty hands held a pencil near the paper in front of his.

            He smiled at Joshua who nodded and walked over to him and sat down on the chair next to Dino who had a streak of oil across his left cheek. “Math again?” Joshua asked, taking the paper Dino was working on and inspecting in.

            Dino huffed, sitting back in his chair. “Yes. They give us so much homework, It’s killing me.”

            “Well, it doesn’t get better in college.” Joshua smiled. “How was school today-” Joshua started to ask but then he stopped, and looked at Dino was a carefully calculated gaze. “Why aren’t you at school? School doesn’t get out for another half and hour or so.”

            Dino seemed to shrink down in his chair at the question. And crossed his arms over his chest, turning his head to stubbornly look out the window.

            “Interesting you ask.” And with a creak, Coups stepped out from a door in the corner. He had a clean pair of blue jeans on, a white shirt peaking out under oversized biker jacket. He had his one-piece worker suit in hand, similar to the one that Dino was currently wearing. “Dino got in a fight today.” Coups said, in an icy tone.

            Joshua snapped his head to Dino who was still staring out the window. Joshua looked almost scary, with the look he was giving Dino. “You got in a fight?! You Idiot. Are you hurt?” His anger lasted milliseconds, only to be replace with a look of concern.

            “Only a bruise.” Coups answered for him. “No detention this time. The school didn’t catch this one, it was a kid from another school” As Coups spoke his words vibrated a sense of authority. “The other kid was worse of them him, though.” Coups voice did not show any sign of pride at this statement. If anything Coups looked disappointed at this.

            You had to let everything soak in. They must be joking. Dino? Get into a fight? Dino? The same Dino that eyes sparkled with joy when you talked to him about watercolors? No way. Surely there must be some misunderstanding.

            “Well, now that I know you’re not hurt-“ Joshua smack Dino across the head. “What were you thinking?”

            “Save it.” Dino set his crossed arms on the table, and then bent over to touch his forehead to his forearms. He said this, hiding his face. “Coups already gave me the lecture.”

            “Well obviously you need to have it again, since you still aren’t listening to us.” Joshua said angrily, his teeth clenched. Even as he said this, his voice full of anger, his eyebrows were leaning into each other, a touch of tenderness in his otherwise rough exterior.

            “You don’t understand.” Dino said.

            “Violence solves nothing.” Coups said in a deep voice. “You know that.”

            “But I-“ Dino started to argue but the look that Coups was giving him silenced Dino immediately. Dino put his head in his hands. “I know.” He moaned

            “What’s the punishment this time?” Joshua asked Coups.

            Coups looked down at Dino, his stance strong. His arms crossed over his puffed chest, his feet shoulder width apart. “No TV for a week. Also, I’ll be making him do the scrubbing on the dirty cars for a while.”

            Joshua nodded, his eyebrows creased. “Hard day at the shop?” He asked noticing Coups’ beaten expression.

            “You have no idea. I still have to stop by the store for groceries to make dinner, we’re out.” Coups huffed, sitting down on the scruffy couch and pulling on his clean Timberlands.

            Joshua rummaged through his bag and pulled out a paper bag and tossed it to Coups. Coups turned the bag upside down, a few individual bags of vegetables, fruit, and slices of ham fell out along with a sandwich.

            “This was going to be my lunch but we went out for lunch so I don’t’ need it.” Joshua said pointing at you. “It will tide you over.”

            Wait, what? No you hadn’t! You just went to the coffee shop and got tea. You both didn’t grab anything to eat.

            Coups gave a faint smile. “Thanks.” He tossed the bag of vegetables to Dino, who looked at it grudgingly but ate it all the same. “So is everything cool? With you too now?” Coups pointed at you. You froze, not expecting the conversation to shift to include you. Were had been happy the conversation had been ignore you up until that point.  

            “You could say that.” Joshua tilted his head to the side to look at you.

            Coups looked at you. “What does that mean?” He tied his shoes and then stood up and stepped over to where you stood.  Joshua was still sitting down next to Dino.

            This wasn’t supposed to happen. Joshua was your cheat. Did anyone understand what the word cheat meant. Besides, no one was supposed to know you were even talking to anyone again. Because if they did, this would happen. They would expect that since you were talking to Joshua that it would be okay to expect the same when you talked to anyone else. Which was certainty not the case.  

            Why did you allow yourself to be dragged here? You should’ve known this would’ve happened.

            Coups just looked at you expectantly, but you diverted your eyes and looked out the window. You could see Coups turning to Joshua out of your peripheral view.

            “Don’t look at me like I’m supposed to know.” Joshua said. You do know, you idiot.

            Dino looked up, previously too immersed in sulking and defending himself to notice you. But when he saw you a smiled.

            “Hey!” He stood up. “It’s me Dino. Do you remember me? I met you at dinner that one time, we talked about art stuff….” He stood up from the table and walked to where Coups and you stood

            You looked past Coups and Dino to see Joshua in the back, still siting at the table. He was grasping both of his hands together and shaking them at you, with pleading eyes. Ah, he’s trying to guilt trip you now.

            You can’t do this. You didn’t ask for all this. You didn’t want to talk to anyone. It was the ‘only Joshua’ rule. You could handle just talking to one person but now there were three. This was too much to soon. But the more you looked at Dino’s excited face the more your strength started to waver.

            No, you told yourself. You would not, you couldn’t.

            So, You pretended you didn’t hear Dino and suddenly began reoccupied with your bag. Looking through it’s contents to find something that was not there.    

            Dino looked at Coups. “She is the one right?” Dino turned to you. “You even promised me art lessons, I’ve been telling all my friends about them. They are going to be so jealous.” His voice that was previously low and defeated while being scolded by Joshua had become completely uplifted.

            WHY? Why did Joshua have to bring you here? You felt the guilt start to creep in but you crushed it quickly over a slab of apathy.

            When you didn’t respond you heard Dino say to Coups. “Is something wrong?” He was very confused. “Is she mad at me like Hoshi?”

            “How do you know that?” Coups snapped.

            “Uhh, I overheard DK talking about it.” Dino said confused.

            “I’ll have to talk to DK about that.” Coups whispered to himself. “Joshua,” Coups said slowly, his voice deeper than normal. “Can you go get Dino something from the vending machines for me?” Coups handed Joshua a bill.

            Joshua gave you a nervous look, which you returned. Don’t leave me alone with him. But Joshua looked at Coups again, who was giving him a dangerous look.

            Joshua looked between you and Coups, both of you trying to send him nonverbal messages. But in the end Coups won. Coups obviously had the dominant hand in this situation.

            “Come on, Dino.” Joshua said. “What do you want?” Dino was hesitant to leave, but after being persuaded by the thought of eating something other than vegetables, he agreed.

            The door closed, and it only took two strides for Coups to be standing in front of you. “We’re gonna have a problem” Coups started, looking down at you. “if you continue to ignore Dino like this.”

            “P-problem?” You couldn’t help but repeat the insinuating words.

            “Yes. I’m glad you understand.” Coups’ body language was on the offensive, his face cold and protected. “Also, good to know that you aren’t mute.”

            Damn.

            “Now, that that’s cleared up. Let’s have a talk.” His voice was anything but friendly. “You are going to go through with that promise you made Dino.” He spoke in low tones. He was more demanding it of you, rather than asking.

            You took a step back and Coups immediately just took two step forwards. “I will?” You asked, trying to sound strong.

            “Yes, you will.” Coups said this coolly while looking down at you, his height made his tower over you. His expression was cold and strong.

            “Oh, okay.” You said sheepishly. You had no idea what to say, your mind was completely blank in fear.

            “Good, I’m glad we’re on the same page.” He sighed. “Tuesdays work best for Dino, he doesn’t have to work at the shop.”

            “Wait, I never said-“

            “You said that we were on the same page. If there is going to be problem here, lets clear that up right now.” Coups took another step towards you. You countered with a step back. His gaze was solid.

            “Well y-you said that I don’t-“

            “Don’t made this harder than it has to be.” Coups sighed.

            You had to fold. Coups was scaring the crap out of you. The intensity in his gaze could burn through wood. He had a kind of angry protective papa bear vibe going on right now. But now it felt less of a ‘papa’ and more just ‘angry bear.’

            “T-tuesdays work for me.” You tried to force a smile.

            Coups patted you on the back a bit too forcefully. “Good. Glad we could come to an agreement.” He didn’t take a step back from you yet, but you wished he would. His proximity was making you feel claustrophobic. “And just so you know, if you end up backing out of your word again.” He glared at you. “We’re going to have some major issues.”

You guys have been REALLY pushing for Dino's art lessons. And the fact is, is that so has Coups.  Next chapter I'll tell you more about Dino and kind of his backstory.

I loved writing Joshua's apaprtment because his place is really inspired by a friend of mine's appartment. He loves to go Goodwill diving and just make stuff. And I thought that was very Joshua like.   

Tell me what you thought in the comments. I'll try to respond to the ones on this chapter. :)   

ALSO its chapter SEVENTEEN so yay