Everything

Just A Spark

I sit staring at Yunhyeong with my mouth gaping for a minute or two. He wraps his jacket tightly around my leg, keeping it warm and easing the pain for me.

“Are you done staring?” he asks after he is finished.

“How…what…?” I mumble incredulously. I fall back onto the seat, my brain whirring hard processing everything that’s happening. Nothing is falling into place.

“Where are we going?” I finally ask, curious.

“You’ll see.”

“I really don’t want surprises anymore,” I say, growing irritated by how out of control I am right now. “You can’t bring me back to YG. I can’t go back to YG.”

“I know,” he assures, lifting his palms up to indicate that he understood.

“How do you know?” It’s not like that I go around carrying a placard with ‘KICKED OUT OF YG & FORCED TO GO INTO ISOLATION’ on me.

“Don’t shut up now,” I urge him with my tone rising in annoyance. “I’ll jump out of this car if you don’t tell me.”

“Okay, calm down,” he mutters, turning himself towards me. “What do you want to know?”

“How did you know I was in the taxi?”

“I saw you got in,” he replies nonchalantly.

“Why were you at the hospital?”

He pauses. “I was visiting someone.” I eye him suspiciously. “I was visiting Jang Hanna.”

My body freezes in alarm. Jang Hanna…?

“Relax,” he adds after seeing my reaction. “I know everything.”

Everything?”

“Yeap.” He nods ruefully.

To what extent does he mean everything? Does he know that she’s my sister? Does he know that’s why YG helped me? Does he know about the baby? How about the current situation where I am sort of like a fugitive to YG? What exactly is everything that he knows?

“I even stopped smoking,” he continues in a whisper so quiet I might have missed his voice over my loud thoughts. “You know. Cause it was bad for the baby.”

“You know about the baby…?”

“I told you, I know everything,” he repeats. “Hanna told me everything.”

There’s only one reason why Hanna would tell him…

“It’s not what you think,” he cuts my thoughts off. “I’m not the father.”

“What does that make you?” I wonder.

“The friendzoned guy?” he offers sadly. “I like her. I’ve always liked her. But…the other guy won her over…”

My curiosity forces me to ask further. “Who was it? Who was the father?”

His eyes glaze over while he is thinking.

“Do you really want to know?”

I think of Bobby…Hanbin… is it possible that one of these men indulged themselves in this way?

“Is he in YG? Is he someone I know?” I prod carefully. “Is he in iKon? Big Bang?”

Yunhyeong chuckles. “No, no, no. He’s just…just a dancer. I don’t think you’ve met him.”

The feeling of a burden gets lifted off my shoulders knowing that none of these good men were the father. My heart rests easy. “Then I don’t want to know anything about him.”

“Good. I hate talking about him anyway,” Yunhyeong firmly replies, ending the discussion. I guess it is better not knowing than torturing myself over a man who does not matter anymore.

The taxi comes to a halt. We both lift up our heads, Yunhyeong declaring, “We’re here.”

I look out the window and find myself staring at a tall apartment building.

“Where did you bring me to?”

“Well, found this guy lurking around YG lobby the other day,” he mutters, unbuckling me from my seat and helping me out. “I am friendzoned too so I know how it feels.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I know how it feels to like someone without caring if it ends well for me or not,” he continues, paying the taxi driver. “I think he can take care of you in the meanwhile. Hanna told me to help you escape and this is the only thing I can think of.”

I follow his gaze towards the entrance. The glass sliding doors open to reveal a man with bleached, blonde hair hiding under a cap.