Energy

Just A Spark

I shake the package again to guess what is inside of it. There's not much noise and it isn't that heavy.

A package sent from JYP Entertainment directed to me? It's not like I know anybody else other than Jackson from JYP.

Should I open this? I never thought Jackson would even bother looking for me since I quit my job. I didn't think I mattered that much but this package shows otherwise.

I might matter to him.

I put it aside and get ready for a schedule with iKon. 

Halfway getting my t-shirt down my body, my door slams open to reveal a wide eyed Hanbin.

"Oh, sorry!" He covers his face in a flash with a thick book.

Thank goodness I haven't had my lunch so my belly doesn't pop out like it usually does. I don't think Hanbin caught a sight of anything other than a little skin so I'm not that embarrassed.

I tug my short down carefully and pull on my trousers before telling him, "It's alright now. What are you doing here?"

He carefully checks if it's okay through the gap between his fingers. Once he lowers down his hands, it's obvious that his face is red.

He points to the book he is holding. "This."

That. I don't know what he expects me to do with his father's book, which he said contained numerous accounts, considering I'm just a high school student. I wouldn't be able to uncover some sort of conspiracy even if I stare at those pages for a hundred years unless I'm trained in the Accounting department.

"You can check it out later though. Heading to the photoshoot with us?" 

"Yeah," I say, shutting the door behind me tightly. 

We wait for the elevator together. Once the elevator doors open, I notice a pretty girl waiting in it and within a second, I hide behind a wall in order to obscure her view of me. Hanbin looks at me confusedly.

"Hanbin ah!" Hayi calls out happily.

"Hayi..." Hanbin uncertainly glances at me. I motion for him to leave while I take the stairs to go down. 

Gosh, this Hayi girl is a sudden pain in the neck. Why is she always around lately? I have my suspicions on her. How is it that she manages to accidentally bump into Hanbin all the time? She must be quite the meticulous planner - constantly plotting her and Hanbin's movements everyday. 

By the time I arrive downstairs, the rest of iKon are already waiting along with Hayi, who is stuck to Hanbin's side.

They kind of look cute together.

Kind of.

"I miss you, hottie!" Bobby exclaims when he catches a glimpse of me scuttling pass. He wraps his long arm around me and pulls me close. "I haven't seen you for awhile!"

It's been a few days really. He is overreacting but I smile back at him, appreciating his show of affection. I prefer it this way rather than Jiyong's way of tripping me onto my face.

"You know her?" Hayi asks, her pupils flitting from Bobby to me. 

"Of course I do. Everybody knows her," Bobby replies pointedly as if it is the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh," is the only thing Hayi manages to reply.

 Bobby leads the way outside, still maintaining his arm around me. He whispers, "So what was the gift for?"

"Gift?" I glance at him questioningly.

"From JYP? Yeah, I was talking to Raina when the postmen delivered it." He's referring to the package. What an insane coincidence for him to be there at the exact time Raina received the package.

"I haven't opened it," I admit truthfully.

Bobby doubts me a bit as he searches me face. At last, he releases his hold around me and puts his hands into his pockets without a word.

Why do I feel a bit guilty? I didn't do anything wrong but seeing him disappointed like that twinges a certain feeling deep in my gut.

 "Jang Youngmi," Bobby mutters, gazing straight deep into my eyes. Is that the first time he has ever said my name? I can't be sure. "Jang Youngmi," he repeats thoughtfully.

He must have seen my name on the package. Of course Jackson knows my name because from time to time, he helps out with ny schoolwork and my name is plastered across my books and papers. It's inevitable and it doesn't bother me since he is from a different agency, but for Bobby, it's different.

He's a YG idol. He knows Jang Hanna. If he figures out my relationship with her, I don't know what will happen. I've kept my family name hidden from the others as Yang CEO wished.

"Are you related to Jang Hanna perhaps?"

His questions makes me panicked and an alarmed look flashes on my face. His eyes don't stray away from my face.

"No," I reply a little too quickly.

 "Bobby, get in the car!" Junhoe calls out from iKon's van.

"You better get going," I urge, nodding towards Junhoe. 

"You too!" he exclaims, taking me by my collar and pulling me into the car.

Hayi is standing beside the car, chatting away with a Hanbin and an uninterested looking Junhoe. When she sees me being dragged into the car, she asks, "Oh? You're joining them?"

"Yeah," Bobby answers without missing a beat. "She's our stylist." Bobby goes to the seat at the back and pulls me to sit next to Yunhyeong while Junhoe and Hanbin settle in front of us. I'm being squished by two boys who don't know how to shut their legs. 

She looks at me from head to toe as if I'm delirious for being hired as stylist when I'm dressed the way I am. 

"You have...great taste," she comments uncertainly on my outfit. Bobby and Junhoe snort at this. "No, I mean it," she adds hesitantly.

Of course, she doesn't. "Yeah, yeah," Junhoe mumble, sliding the door shut. She stands there, aghast by the sudden blow of cold wind. "Gosh, Hanbin, why does she like you so much?" We watch as Hayi's figure become smaller as the van drives away from YG building. 

Hanbin grins awkwardly. "We were just talking."

"Next thing we know, you guys are going to be kissing," Yunhyeong says, smirking. 

Kissing? Kissing?

"Aigo, our baby boy is still too young for that," Bobby says, ruffling Hanbin's hair like he is a child. They roar loudly in laughter.

Ha ha. Funny. "Where's the others?" I ask, pointing out the absences of the other members. 

"They're leaving from the apartment," Junhoe says, glancing at me being squeezed in by both Bobby and Yunhyeong. "Nuna, are you uncomfortable? You can sit here." He pats the ampty space between Hanbin and him. "We're less...greedy." He eyes Bobby's posture, which has taken up a lot of space at the back.

"Ya, she's fine here!" Bobby remarks, crossing his leg over another and leaning forward. His new position looks particularly torturous but I don't say anything.

The van drives through a familiar empty street lit with flickering lights. I wait until the convenience store I used to work in to appear around the corner.

"Oh, I heard you don't work at the store anymore," Bobby says, obviously also reminded of my job at the same time.

"I told you that," Hanbin adds to Bobby. 

I glance out of the window at the deserted street. It does feel unsafe out there when I'm sitting comfortably in this van. "Yeah, they finally found a replacement for me."

"What store?" Junhoe asks curiously. 

"It's this one over here," Bobby points out. He jabs his index finger on the window excitedly as we get closer. "This one, this one!"

Everybody peers at the window on the left, trying to catch a look of the store. 

The store's lighting is the brightest in this street so it illuminates the dark street as well. I wanted to see the new shop assistant but a blonde tuft of hair tucked under a cap steals my attention.

He takes off his cap as he leaves the store, running his hand through it in visible frustration.

"Oh!" Yunhyeong exclaims, surprised. "Isn't that Jackson? From GOT7?"

"Wow, he shops there too?" Junhoe says in awe. "Have you ever met him?" He looks at me expectantly.

Suddenly, my space becomes cramped again as Bobby leans back and opens his legs so wide that leaves no space for me.

"Ya, Bobby!" Yunhyeong complains, hitting his knee. "We have no space!"

He ignores him and gazes out the window as fascinatedly as he can.

----

"Thank you everyone!" the photographer shouts to mark the end of the photoshoot.

I'm exhausted, sprawled across the floor along with the other workers who are also tired. They take one hour to finish one guy's photoshoot so imagine seven! They frequently change their outfits throughout the shoot as well. I'm glad it's over. I wonder if it's already morning outside. 

iKON walks back in slouchingly. 

I can see their tired eyes and unhealthy skin emanating from underneath their thick makeup. 

Despite that, they bow respectfully to other workers who has worked with them on the set. "Thank you! Thank you very much!"

"Can I go home now?" I ask to no one in particular.

A hand is offered towards me. I grab it and it pulls me up. I wobble a bit and he grabs me around the waist to stabilize me. 

Butterflies everywhere flying in my tummy. "Oh Han - Hanbi - Hanbin," I stammer as he wraps his jacket around me. 

"I'll walk you home," he offers kindly. 

"No, I'll walk her home," Bobby appears, energized as usual. Does he never get tired?

I cast a cautious glance at Hanbin. Bobby can't send me home! He doesn't know where home is to me. 

"No," I firmly reject him. 

"Then I'll walk you home," Hanbin repeats.

"But I want to walk her home," Bobby argues, pushing Hanbin back.

This is getting childish. 

"Bobby, it's better if I-"

"Hanbin, I said I want-"

They continue arguing and I realize that this is my chance to slip out. Ah Reum is busy packing iKON's suitcases that are filled with their clothes back into the car.

I help her out, lifting the final suitcase before asking, "Can you give me a ride back to YG?"

"No problem."

"Me too," Bobby says out of nowhere, entering the car as well. "I'm going where hottie is going."

I pull Bobby out of the car angrily. "Bobby, just go home."

"I'm just being a gentleman."

"Bobby, why are you doing this?" 

Ah Reum is waiting for me in the car and she's not particularly known as a patient woman. "Bobby, Ah Reum's going to get mad if I keep her waiting."

"Then let me join," he insists adamantly.

"Just go back to your dorm!" 

I'm losing my sanity talking to him this late at the night with energy dawdling to zero.

"I'll leave you alone, if you promise me one thing," he finally relents. I sigh though because it comes with his own condition.

"What is it..?"

"Tell me what Jackson gave you in the package," he says, clenching his jaws. "No. You can only unwrap the package in front of me."

Is he serious right now? I just give him a yes anyway because I'm too tired to argue.

"Have a safe journey," he says, shutting the door for me.

He still doesn't look like he's lost any energy at all.