Yang CEO appears!

Just A Spark

Thank goodness tomorrow is when the weekend starts. My day is not over yet with the YG business and I have my night shift due soon too.

"We've been waiting for hours," I complain, grouchy. "You said we're going to have a meeting soon this morning."

"Mr. Yang Hyun Suk is a busy man," he replies, but I sense bitterness in his tone. Sounds like he has to deal with that excuse on a frequent basis too. 

I have been waiting in Mr. Hyuk's office since I have arrived. Hanna's left a long while ago to train for goodness knows what. I don't know what sort of training occupies people's time from dawn till midnight. They basically live to train. She expects me to sign up voluntarily for that kind of life? 

If I have to continue waiting, I might miss on my beauty sleep tonight! Worried, I pluck up the courage to ask, "Can I take a nap? I have to go to work later."

"Sure, just sleep on the sofa," he says.

While I am trying to make myself comfortable, he voices out his concern, "What type of work do you do?"

I open my eyes. Wow. He sounds genuine. 

"Store assistant."

"What time do you start? Will you be able to make it to the meeting?"

"Unless the meeting starts midnight, yeah I'll probably make it." 

Silence in his office. This sofa is comfortable. I feel myself drifting to sleep slowly...

----

I jolt awake when I realize how unusual the situation is. How deep in sleep I am. The soft cushion on my head contrasts greatly with the brick wall I rest my head against just last night.

I see that that is not the only reason I wake up. A pair of eyes watch me with a smile and crossed arms across his chest.

I sit up in surprise and see Mr. Hyuk sitting on his seat.

"Hello," Yang CEO greets. That hat. Does he never change his style, ever? I bow from the sofa, still half-asleep. "You're Jang Youngmi, right? I heard a lot about you. How are you?"

I stare at him, baffled. I catch a glimpse of the time on my watch and take note of the time. I slept for five hours. 

"You must be tired," he says kindly. He takes a seat at the end of the sofa and I curl my legs inwards. "Where do you live?"

I open my mouth but nothing comes out. "I don't have a home," I croak with my half-asleep voice. 

"Aah. We want to help you with that."

"I heard," I mutter, straightening my posture. "I don't want to audition to become a celebrity. I'm sorry. I appreciate your help, but there must be some other thing I could do."

"Like what?" 

I thought about since morning. What else could I do? Then an idea popped into my head as I realized how narrow minded YG was being. Why should I audition to be a celebrity? There must be some menial jobs in a big entertainment company as this! 

"I'll work as anything if you insist on helping," I propose. "Clerk? Cleaner? Coffee girl? I don't mind - as long as it does not intervene with my school time...and my other job."

"About that other job," Yang CEO glances at Mr. Hyuk behind him. "I think you need to quit it."

I can't just quit without notice. Who wants to work the night shift? Nobody! So I tell him that, stating that I could only quit three months from now if only there's a replacement. Yang CEO sighs at this information, then smiles lightly.

"We'll try to find you a position somewhere in the company," he continues unconvincingly.

"Don't force yourself," I add as an afterthought. 

He laughs while clapping his hands. "You're funny. Hyuk said you were witty."

I wasn't being funny but I'm glad someone finds my statement humorous. 

"I need to leave," I declare, packing up my items.

"Wait, we haven't discussed your accommodation yet," Yang CEO interrupts my packing by blocking my path. "Where are you staying?"

"You know, you don't need to rush with your decisions. I've been homeless for six months already - another night is okay." This time, I am speaking the truth. He's being generous already so I don't want to rush him.

This doesn't sit well with him and out of nowhere, he offers, "Why don't you sleep in my office tonight?"

I stare at him, horrified. 

"It'll be empty!" he clears up quickly. 

The thing is, I'll be working from midnight up till 6am. Then I would be heading to school then, so I honestly do not need a place to sleep tonight. I explain this to him so he offers his office tomorrow night. Does he have to be so resolute on letting me have my sleep in his office? It's so odd but I don't question him on it.

----

Wow. Just wow. The YG building is impressive. I can't help observing everything in awe and the woman standing at the front desk gives me a once-over. 

"Excuse me, can I help you?" she asks as politely as she can. 

I stare at her, realizing that if I ask her to help lead me to Yang CEO's office for sleeping purposes, it will not leave a good impression. 

"I'm here to meet Yang CEO," I reply simply. Right. That's better. 

"He's busy," she tells me without moving a muscle, except for the muscles controlling . "What do you want to meet him about?"

Um. To sleep in his office. "Actually, he wants to meet me."

She frowns. "I didn't get any notice about a young female visitor."

He probably forgotten about me the moment we ended our conversation last night. Well, I will not force it on this poor woman anymore. I take my leave but somebody stops me in my tracks.

Hanbin.

Him and another man heading towards the exit. His tall stature stands out. His beanie. This is my first encounter with a celebrity! Ever! I feel my heart drop through the tiled floors in shock. 

"Please leave quickly," a hand pushes my back and ushers me towards the exit. Towards Hanbin! It is the front desk woman urgently forcing me to leave. 

She probably thinks I'm a stalker now with my reaction to Hanbin. 

"Excuse me!" she yells, waving Hanbin and the man beside him away from our path. I avert my face in another direction as they watch me being push out of the building. "If you don't leave immediately, I'll call the security on you." The automatic sliding door closes and she gives me a stern look behind it similar to how my homeroom teacher would whenever I tell him I'm too lazy to write my answer on the whiteboard. Why bother anyway? I can verbalize my answer loud enough for all the students to hear. Why do I need to write 2 digits on the whiteboard?

I turn around and sigh heavily. I really thought I will be sleeping on a comfortable sofa again tonight, but no such luck. I am about to walk away when the automatic doors open again and I hear male voices.

GULP! Is it Hanbin? I feel conscious of myself and try to walk calmly but I stumble awkwardly because I am too conscious of my body movements that I forget how to walk properly. 

"Who is that? Is it a fan?" a voice asks. I'm trying to register his voice. Is that Hanbin's voice? I've only ever heard him by watching videos so hearing it up front... I am not sure. 

I take a sip of water out of my bottle due to my sudden thirst but I end up hiccuping.

Hiccup

Hiccup.

Hiccup.

I don't dare to drink my water in case I choke on it. I stick with my hiccuping before someone calls me out. 

"Youngmi!" Yang CEO shouts and I stop in my tracks. My hiccup is gone!

Can I turn around without showing my face to Hanbin? Will that be possible? That is my only wish right now. I try to walk back with turning around. 

"She's acting weird," another voice comments. Oh? This voice sounds deeper! The previous one could be Hanbin's, but that is not the biggest problem as of this moment. 

When I am facing Yang CEO (and away from them), I walk towards him as if everything is normal.

Yang CEO's eyes moves from me to the people behind me. "Come in," he finally says, leading me to the elevator. 

"I'm sorry, CEO," the front desk woman apologizes all the way to the elevator. "I didn't know-"

"It's fine, it's fine," he waves her off. "Go home, it's late."

I catch a glimpse of her crestfallen expression as she slowly turns around back to her desk. 

He doesn't talk to me all the way to his office. Once we are settled in the office, he puts his phone down. 

"So, what do you think?" 

"I'd rather sleep in a storage cabinet," I blurt out without thinking. How ungrateful! "I - I didn't mean anything. I just don't feel comfortable staying here."

"You're right. Actually my wife thinks the same way too but I thought it'd be rude to take back my offer," he admits, nodding to himself. "Big Bang's recording room has a proper lounge in it. How about that?"

My thoughts wander to Big Bang. Wow. I don't know if I'm blessed or not right now. This whole situation has gotten me confused about my life - is it a good or bad thing? 

"Or do you prefer my newer boy group?" he suggests with a mocking smirk. I blush and rub my neck awkwardly. "Their recording room is not lavish though. Just a regular room. You're still in your uniform - why don't you take a shower and later, we'll think about your sleeping arrangement?"

----

All freshen up, I see myself glowing from the reflection in the mirror. Am I happy? 

I step outside the toilet and Yang CEO looks up at me. 

"Wow," he mumbles in admiration. "You're not really that ugly actually."

He was starting to grow on me until that statement. I huff in annoyance quietly. 

"You're cute," he compliments and takes out my student file. Where did that come from? Do people just happen to have it whenever I'm around? "Are you sure you don't have any skills worth mentioning? Why don't you try singing for me?"

I stare at him. He wants me to sing to him while dressed in a pickachu tshirt and long trackpants with my hair, drenched, tangling together because I don't own a comb? Not to mention, he says I'm cute in this state? I feel bothered by him now but I brush it off, thinking that if anything terrible occurs, I'll scream.

I take a deep breath and sing SNSD's Genie in the most ugliest voice possible. 

"That's not your true singing voice," he comments.

I try again singing APink's I Don't Know in a different ugly voice.

He nods his head, putting his hand up. "Okay," I hear him sigh. I don't know if he's convinced I'm bad at singing or purely giving up on trying to get me sing, but I sit down happily noting he will leave me alone now. 

"Okay, I've decided! I know where I want to sleep." 

----

"Really?" he frowns as I take a spot on the wooden floor. "You want to sleep here?"

"Yes!" I say. "It'd be easy for me to leave later for work."

"Can't I-"

"No. Thank you, Yang CEO," I stand up and bow thankfully. "I shall sleep now."

I picked a room I passed by on the way up. Just a humble, empty room. Apparently it's a vocal training room, but does it matter? 

"I'll be gone by midnight," I mutter as I put my bag under my head. 

"Like Cinderella?" he asks.

I glance at him.

"I've been reading fairytales for my daughter," he justifies his odd comment. His face changes and he looks at me with a sad expression. "I'll try to find you a job soon," he adds quietly as he closes the door. 

That'd be great. A new job. More money. That means I'll be juggling two jobs in my wake which is tough but life's rolled boulders my way, I'm sure a new insignificant job will not affect it that much. What can Yang CEO give me with my qualifications? All I can think of is a broom. I can sweep well. I'll sweep this whole building clean if he pays me to. As long as I get my beauty sleep. 

Where do I squeeze in my new job though? I haven't discussed that with him. I probably should bring it up - if he ever finds one. This company probably has everything at the snap of their hands that it actually is weird trying to find a vacant position. 

I think about Hanbin. Can I have a sweet dream tonight?