LOG SET #17

Hikikomori
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July 5, 2337

It's been a long day and Chanyeol still hasn't made it home.  I haven't seen him in two days and I'm starting to get worried.

After we got the Commander to the embassy our duty was to stay with the diplomats until the chaos in the streets died down.  The Council seemed to have enough sense to not attack on foreign soil.  We were to recieve aid from their respective militaries in a few days and quell the rebellion.  From what I could determine from the talks taking place, the Resistance was no longer an underground movement.  Mr. Jung was officially recognized as the Commander's trusted advisor and not a freedom fighter.

It surprised me that he actually showed up at the embassy with Soojung in tow though she did not seem very pleased about it.  Every so often she would visibly wince and I guessed that she was commlinked with someone and things weren't looking so good on the other end.  Jongdae and I were kicked out of the room for some actual private conversation and that was when I was finally able to breathe.  I had been keeping my fists clenched in rage, waiting for Minseok's commlink to come back on even though I knew it wouldn't.  

"His parents have him," I told Jongdae.  "If we'd been able to track him right when it happened or maybe if you hadn't hit him with lightning until he knocked out, he could have escaped."

I didn't mean to blame Jongdae and I think he knew that.  The both of us were just frustrated because there was nothing we could do to save him, even from his own parents who should have been doing all they could to protect him.  Soojung watched the two of us with interest.

"What are you two talking about?" she asked.

"The Council had us outnumbered so Minseok came out to serve as a distraction.  We took him down and hoped he'd find his way out of there but Jongdae had knocked him unconcious.  The AHA has him or maybe he's already dead.  The last I heard they were torturing him and he told me to come find him," I said, ripping out my earpiece.  I threw it to the ground and crushed it under my boot.  "It's been an hour since then."

Jongdae straightened his posture.  "I'm going and I don't care if I'll get punished for it.  Tell the Commander I regret not being able to stay."

I wanted to stop him but at the same time I knew that he had to go and I wanted him to as well.  Finding Minseok was just as important keeping this alliance and only one of us needed to stay for that.  I was perfectly capable of guarding the company that was present.  I took Jongdae's hand and squeezed it and then he was gone.

That was the last I heard from Jongdae.  He hasn't kept contact.

 

 

July 6, 2337

Soojung came over today claiming she had a surprise for me and that it just wasn't here yet.  She made herself at home except this time I didn't mind much because I'd grown lonely due to the fact Chanyeol was busy at work.  He'd revealed himself as a Resistance member and now that it wasn't really a bad thing he was doing his best to maintain order there.  I didn't want to bother him but I really didn't like being alone in this situation with chaos everywhere and the uncertainty of whether Minseok was dead or alive.

"Don't feel too down.  It's better that Jongdae went anyway since he owes Minseok his life and he's perfectly capable of the mission," Soojung assured me, sling an arm over my shoulders.

I leaned against her lightly and nodded.  A thought occured to me and a wave of various emotions hit me right in the chest.  "It's over.  Holy ing ."

"You have a foul mouth on you," a voice said behind us.  I spun around, shocked by the familiarilty of it.  Sure enough, Do Kyungsoo was standing there right before my eyes as if I hadn't not seen him for more than a day.  If I counted it properly, it had been about three weeks and I couldn't have been happier.  I smiled at him.

"It's nice you see you, Kyungsoo."  I let out a sigh of relief.  "I worried.  What about Jongin and Siwon?"

"They're still out there doing their jobs.  I heard about what you've been doing," Kyungsoo smiled.  "Cool stuff.  Soon you'll be a legend like you've always wanted."

"I'm starting to think that my dreams weren't exactly what I imagined them to be.  What kind of work have you been doing?  I only got one lett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter