LOG SET #9

Hikikomori
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 11, 2337

My first day as a spy was unbearably uneventful.  There were no opportunities in which I would have had to fight or stealthily track anyone down.  It was as if it were a normal day being a bodyguard and even then all I had to do was stand outside a door since the Commander did not leave until he went home at the end of the day.

I wore a commlink in my ear as per Minseok's orders, which allows him to hear everything that happens to me and for me to hear everything that happens to him.  As per his instruction I did not interact with the Commander in a familiar way when he entered his office this morning.  

Traditionally, all new guards are given a tour of the Headquarters; though my tour was quite special.   The deputy commander's personal secretary, Oh Sehun, was the one to show me around but Minseok was the one telling me about the secret passageways in every room that had one.  It was quite interesting to know, not just because they would be good escape routes, but because they were also entry points.  There was no telling who knew about those passages.

On the another hand, I think I understand how our government works much better than I did before.  There is a system set in place that gives the illusion that the Commander holds all the power but that's not true.  He meets with high ranking officials in our military and decisions are made through a majority vote.  The Commander has the right to vote for or against an issue but it's not entirely up to him.  I don't think that many people know about this system either.  Minseok says the system is good because it makes sure that no one person has too much power but in this case the people that had the power were the good guys.

I can see what Minseok means but if all these officers were truly bad people then there would already be a war against humanity.  Yet there are humans like Kyungsoo that are being left alive.  I can't help but think they have their own reasons for believing the way they do even if their actions aren't justified.  I refuse to believing the attack on the training center could have had any impact towards acheiving their goals and so I will continue to stay focused on my resolve.  If I humanize my enemy then it will be harder to bring them down.

Coming home to find Chanyeol attempting to cook was the highlight of my day.  He didn't burn down the house but he did in fact burn our dinner and so we went out to eat at a restaurant nearby the apartment.  There were no dead bodies on the streets and that alone is enough for me to go to bed in peace.

 

 

June 12, 2337

My colleague's name is Kim Jongdae and he's an Elemental with the ability to manipulate lightning, one of the more rare affinities that our race has.  Considering how lethal his skills are, it's no wonder he's working on the Commander's personal guard and he must be either in the loop or a candidate to be considering the fact Minseok says I don't have to be so wary of him.  I still don't fully trust Minseok so I won't just take his word for it but it would be nice to be able to relax for a bit when I'm at work.

I didn't realize that being a bodyguard would be so uneventful, at least so far.  The Commander hasn't left his office during my work hours nor has he accepted any visitors inside, including the officers on the council.  I spoke to Minseok about it but he told me not to worry and that it's probably nothing.  I know Minseok knows much more than I do but I cannot cease to think that there is something extremely important that's being kept from me.

There are questions I have about the disease and about how the Resistance is planning to win this fight.  I know within the Resistance my rank is probably very low and I am not privy to the important details but it concerns me that Chanyeol's life is on the line for an uncertain victory.  I honestly don't care about my life if it means Chanyeol can be safe.

 

 

June 13, 2337

It's just after midnight and I don't think I can sleep now.  I entered my bedroom to sleep and found Soojung sitting on my bed as if she'd been waiting patiently for me all day.  I nearly had a heart attack and even Minseok was alarmed by how loud I had screamed.  Chanyeol came rushing over from his room to see what was the matter and then just burst out laughing at me as if I were the idiot in this situation.  I do not think these types of things are funny but I will probably never understand his type of humor.  Anyway, Soojung had some interesting things to tell me, some of which Minseok already knew.

"Have you found the Blue Room yet?" she asked me.

I did not know what the Blue Room was prior to this conversation and so she explained to me what this room was even though Minseok was protesting very loudly in my ear.  At that time I took the comml

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter