LOG SET #11

Hikikomori
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 17, 2337

It's almost midnight but Jongdae has only just left for his own home.  Minseok and Baekhyun are sleeping out in the living room even though it would probably be easier for them to sneak around at night.  Our apartment building is filled with AHA affiliates which means it is incredibly dangerous for them to be here, not to mention very risky in light of our mission.  With the information that Jongdae shared with us, I'll be one step closer to bringing the AHA down and saving the human race.  

Jongdae and I walked home together after our shift was over.  We both skipped training altogether and Jongdae appropriately acted as if he were feeling ill so as to avoid suspicion.  I didn't speak to him about anything important on the way either just in case anyone was following us.  Minseok was on the move too from what I could hear him doing through the commlink.  Unlike me, he was free to chatter away about anything he wanted, leaving me a bit annoyed by having to listen.  When we got to the apartment he was already there along with Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

"What is going on?" I asked Chanyeol.

"Minseok told Baekhyun who told me we'd be having a guest today so I got off of work early," he answered.

I shot a look at Baekhyun.  "Why did you come?"

Baekhyun smiled but not in the way that suggested he was being friendly.  "Kim Jongdae hasn't officially chosen a side.  Everyone's rushing to bring him over to their side right now.  If he's a threat to us right now, it's my job to take him out."

I turned to Minseok, very much scared that if Jongdae wasn't on our side Baekhyun would get blood all over the carpet.  "Didn't you tell me he's on our side just this morning?"

Before Minseok could say anything, Jongdae rushed forward and pulled my mentor into a hug.  I blinked at the pair of them as if I were watching an anomaly of nature.  I had never seen Minseok show any emotion but when it came to the Lightning user every wall he built up for himself broke down as if they hadn't even existed at all.  If they had the relationship that Chanyeol and I had then I could understand why Minseok would be tempted to blow our cover and reveal himself. I would have done it all for my brother.

"So shall we eat?  I heard I'm good at making grilled cheese," Chanyeol said, as he burst out laughing.

I launched myself at him and tackled him to the floor.  "I had to say something.  Those two lovebirds over there were blowing my cover."

Minseok and Jongdae wore expressions of absolute horror.  Jongdae was quick to clear up their relationship.  "We're not lovebirds!  We're like brothers."

Chanyeol nodded solemnly, throwing me off of him and picking himself up from the ground.  "Then the only lover here is Baekhyun.  He's got this massive crush on Hyunae, you know."

Baekhyun promptly tackled my idiot brother, sending them both flying to the ground again.  "Shut up!"

I smirked.  "Baekhyun, violence is not how you settle your differences.  Perhaps we should arrange for some psych evaluations."

My former captain winced at the jab.  "Back then I was just following protocol.  Kyungsoo's not really a bad guy either."

I felt my stomach turn at the mention of Kyungsoo's name.  I didn't know where he was or what he was doing for the Resistance.  I didn't know how he was dealing with Siwon, who hadn't taken to the truth that well.  Though we had started off on a bad note, Kyungsoo had become my friend and I was responsible for dragging him away from his life and his fiancé without proper warning.  Siwon blamed me for it and while Kyungsoo had accepted it as his fate, I wasn't sure he'd think that way once the fight really began.

It turned out Chanyeol had ordered a few pizzas for us to dig into too.  We all ate and joked around before finishing up and getting down to business.  The mood quickly changed into something that I had only felt once before, the time when my parents had passed away.  Jongdae had much to tell us and most of it was not good news.

"The Alliance knows the Commander is with the Resistance," Jongdae told us.  "They are going to publicize it as soon as they're able to get concrete evidence."

"They're not going to be able to.  I set up secure channels and we never meet face to face unless it's absolutely necessary," Minseok assured me.

"That's not the issue.  The Commander handpicked Hyunae to be on the guard so they'll have their eyes on her.  They'll do anything to show that he has deliberately put his trust into a traitor," Jongdae sighed.

"If you knew that then what was all that drama about today," I spat out.  "You could have jeopardized everything just because you couldn't shut out your emotions for a few hours."

It was frustrating to be working with people that were supposed to be at the top of their game only to see that they could not carry out a basic skill.  In academy training the very first thing we were taught to do was to carry out our mission no matter how we feel about it.  I was quite good at shutting out my emotions and I would have thought someone like Minseok would be able to as well.  In my mind, the Agent MIN that I had imagined all these years, was supposed to be cold and unfeeling as long as he did wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter