LOG SET #14

Hikikomori
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 28, 2337

Nobody has actually been able to cheer me up but I've come to terms with it now.  Knowing the name of the man that killed my parents would have merely angered me but time has passed and I have more information that I couldn't have gotten through while I was in the Blue Room.  

As soon as the hard drive was done copying, I quickly made my exit in the nick of time.  The camera feed returned to normal just as soon as I was a block away from Headquarters.  I had gotten extremely lucky with getting in and out quickly and I would have liked to thank Minseok's female friends but she had gone by the time I realized I wanted to speak to her.

Chanyeol was the first person I told, though I knew Minseok could hear everything I was saying.  Together, Chanyeol and I plugged the storage device into my laptop and then I waited for Chanyeol to work with the computer a bit before I just blurted it out.

"The AHA had my parents killed.  It's in those documents there," I said, pointing to the file.

Chanyeol clicked on it without speaking a single word and read through it all.  The look on his face was all that I needed to see to confirm that I hadn't imagined the words that I'd read a half hour before.  I leaned into him, resting my head against his shoulder for a bit of comfort.  He showed me additional documents that contained transcripts of phone conversations between various members of the Council to each other.

"The Council had them killed because they were in contact with European operatives," I said, aloud.

Not for the first time, I wondered what it was my parents had been doing for the Resistance.  Why would they need to be in contact with Europeans?  What had prompted them to go on a secret mission without telling the Commander, but then again the Commander was not the leader of the Resistance.  I had completely forgotten because I saw the Commander as the sole authority figure int he country but when it came to the Resistance, he was merely the most important piece of the puzzle.  It was Soojung's father that was leading the humans into rebellion from behind the scenes.

I was making it a personal goal to have a meeting with him as soon as I could.

"Maybe their secret mission was getting in the Alliance's way," Chanyeol hypothesized.  "And maybe that mission had to do with Europe."

"If the Alliance had them killed for it, then the enemy definitely knows what they were doing," I said, trying to work it out.  "Councilman Jung was the one that ordered the hit so either he has the high authority to do so for the Alliance or it was for personal reasons."

"Councilman Jung is specialized in planting evidence," Minseok interjected.  "He was the one that made it look like I fled the country.  He had set up fake emails between me and American diplomats and everything."

"Minseok says Councilman Jung is best at fabricating evidence," I told Chanyeol.  

He nodded.  "Baekhyun's going to do a little research of his own.  I'll let you know if he finds out anything."

"Thank you, Baekhyun." I said it to Chanyeol knowing that his friends could hear me in his ear.

 

***

 

When I got back home from work today I found Soojung sitting on my couch, watching a movie and eating popcorn.  I frowned not because she was there but it bothered me that she was eating popcorn that I had been saving for when I watched my favorite TV show on Monday nights.  I set my briefcase down and wrung my hands together, wondering why she was there.

"I heard you got into the Blue Room," she grinned, wickedly.  "I knew you could do it."

I gaped at her.  "I couldn't have done it without Minseok's girlfriend."

A choking sound came into my ear and I realized that the girl that had been with Minseok was not his girlfriend but that only made it funnier and I decided to keep teasing him.  Soojung raised her eyebrows in confusion and then amusement.

"I would have never guessed Taeyeon would be his next victim.  That man is a lady killer, I tell you.  I'm a little hurt she hasn't told me they were dating," Soojung pouted.

"We're not dating!" Minseok shouted, vehemently.

I laughed.  "He says they're not dating.  It sounded a little defensive though.  If I didn't know any better, they're trying to keep it secret."

"Seriously, Hyunae.  We are not dating," Minseok insisted.  "I promised."

"Relax, Minseok.  We're just joking around.  No need to be so insistent."

He sputtered.  "I- I know that!"

Soojung laughed at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter