DAY 14

Hundred Ways

"Can I have this dance?" 


“You look like the party’s draining your energy.” I nudge Yifan, who didn’t seem to be enjoying the party thrown for him in celebration for the showing of his new movie. His manager is the host of the party, and don’t get him wrong, he’s happy and all, but his face doesn’t look so happy.

Yifan frowns, “I’m just a little tired with the preview night. And as much as I would want to drink, I can’t. I can’t let you drive.”

Laughing, I drag him off his chair, bringing him to the dance floor where most of the people are, looking slightly drunk already.

Looking defeated with my attempt to cheer up him, his lips form a grin, reaching out a hand, “Can I have this dance?”

I take his hand and twirl myself with it, hopping around him to make him loosen up too. He looks so stiff and I don’t care if he looks like a sore thumb sticking out. He deserves to do what he wants. 

He follows me soon after, moving his hips awkwardly to the music and I am trying really hard not to laugh. A scowl escapes his lips, saying, “And you said I looked too tired.”

I can’t hold it in anymore, so I burst out laughing, playfully slapping his shoulder, “You look like a big baby dancing!”