Chapter 4

Till Death Do Us Part

It has been a couple of minutes after I had dropped Mi Young-ssi from her dorm. The kiss that she gave me still lingered in my mind. I mean, why did she do that? Was it just for thanking me for the things that I did or was it something else on her agenda. I opened the door of the house and as usual the kids ran straight at me. Smiling at the kids, I succumbed myself to this temporary distraction, besides if Victoria notices me she's going to be worried sick.

I ruffled thier heads and was greeted with the scent of sweet aroma. Damn, I am really lucky to have a wife that can cook so well that even 5 star hotel chiefs are ashamed. I shook my head at the fact that I just did. I walked behind her and immediately kissed her neck. She moaned in satisfaction as she leaned her head more, giving me more access to it. I smiled at her silly antics and kissed her forehead. She smiled her usual smile and hugged me. Of course, I too had hugged her back.

"Welcome home dear. How was your day?" She said as she turned back to her cooking. I smiled at her.

"Oh same old routine and it would probably never change." I replied, still observing every single part of her. Her long wavy brown hair, her slim figure, her bunny eyes, her sweet smile, even her cute aegyo; I've observed it all and it amazes me on how she can still easily make me fall in love with her all over again. Then Mi Young's face popped in my mind. Her paper white skin, her translucent orbs, her beautiful eye-smile; damn she can make anyone fall in love with her, that could have made me fall for her.

Wait what?

Make me fall for her....

Damn! What the hell am I even thinking?! Me falling in love with another woman, I mean for Christ's sake Nickhun you're freaking married! But why can't I stop thinking about the sweet and innocent Mi Young. After that freaking kiss that she gave me, she was the only thing that was occupying my whole mind for the rest of the day.

"You okay Khun?" I kind of returned back to reality when I heard Victoria's voice, she sounds so worried about me, especially now that I was acting a bit strange. I mean I was completely blanked out until she broke the train of thoughts.

:I'm fine, there's nothing to worry about." I smiled at her, hinting that at her that I'm fine, that there's nothing to worry about. But she seems hesitant, her bunny eyes show worry on them, as if she didn't believe on me. I chuckled at her and just ruffled her hair. I kissed her forehead and smiled at her. Believing the font that I was giving her, she smiled back at me. 

I went upstairs and immediately took a bath, which I only took after the kids had taken thiers. I immediately helped the kids in wearing some comfortable clothes for them to sleep on. Although that took long since, they just can't stay still. After that hellish task, I along with kids went downstairs and saw that Victoria was done preparing for everything, Well then let's eat.

It's been a couple hours after dinner and all of us were sleeping, well except for me because I'm still awake. I don't know why I just can't sleep tonight. A lot of things are bothering me right now, too distracting to even have a wink of sleep. I looked at the weight that was in my chest - Victoria's head. I looked at her sleeping face and she sleeps so peacefully, as if there isn't a problem that is causing her too much distraction that I have right now.

I tucked her hair and softly patted her head, in order not to wake her from her continious slumber. I silently sang a lullaby, like how my dad did when I was still living in Thailand. I even remembered when he sang her this song during thier anniversary. i think this is there love song, so they taught me the song. Eventually I memorized the song now by heart.

 

It always appear before me

Your face, I remember

My heart that stopped short

You spitefully took my dysfunctional heart

And with your bright smuke

That's how you easily opened my heart

 

It's true, that is how I become your man

All my unpleasant memories, I no longer recall

Because the hand that holds me tight

is as warm as spring

 

And now like a dream my heart 

has gradually stopped by your side.

Without awakening for a single moment,

I dream an endless dream

 

And now like breathing 

If you were to always rest on my side

If you were to always remain this way

nothing better nothing better than you

nothing better nothing better than you.

 

And now like a dream, My heart

in your embrace, is held still

Without awakening for a single moment,

I dream an endless dream

 

And now like breathing 

If you were to always rest on my side

If you were to always remain this way

nothing better nothing better than you

nothing better nothing better than you.

 

nothing better nothing better than you....

 

"Are you still awake Khun?" I was surprised when I heard Victoria's voice. I looked at her and I saw her looking at me with such a drowsy look. I smiled at her and cupped her face.

"No, it's nothing. I just can't sleep right now." 

"Why? Is something bothering you?" 

"No, like I said it's nothing serious." I told her, but she still looked worried at me. I just tucked her bangs away since they were blocking the view of the brightest stars I have ever seen - her bunny eyes. I just smiled at her, trying to show her that I'm seriously fine and that she has nothing to worry about. 

"Come on let's sleep, we have a long day tomorrow." And the two of us had slept, together trapped in each other's embrace.

 

It was morning already and the office was as hectic as ever. I was busy typing things for the magazine that was about to be released. I also saw that everyone was focused on thier work that the only things that were noisy were the sounds of multiple keys being pressed in the keyboard, the several clicks of the mouse, even a few cursing can be heard; especially to those people who were creating a lot of mistakes or has nothing to type about.

However as I was observing the people here in the office, only one person has gain my full attention, Mi Young-ssi. I mean, I was observing here ever since she had arrived here in the office. Everytime she scrunches her eyebrows when she has no idea to write, everytime she scratches her hair as she gets frustrated, everytime she twirls her pen while she is still thinking on what to write. All of these, I've seen it all, and somehow it looks so cute.

I shook my head to erase these annoying thoughts from rushing inside my head. Damn it Horvejkul, you're freaking married, don't get yourself go to troubled waters. I was about to start working on the project that was assigned to me when I felt someone tapping me in my shoulders. I moved behind and I saw Mi Young-ssi was the one who was responsible for distracting me.

"What can I do for you Mi Young-ssi?" I asked her. She was in front of me and was playing with her fingers, clearly showing her shyness or was it embarrassment? But still that act was really cute, I think even people who will put thier shoes in my place will think as such.

"Ummm...uh.." She stammered as she was thinking of the right things to say. I can imagine the gears that are running inside her head.

"What is it Mi Young-ssi?" I asked her, although this scene was really cute, I admit, but there are pressing matters that I have to deal with. It's not that I dislike her presence in fact, I kind of starting to like it.

"I need help with my computer." She said it finally. So I stood up and went to her station. I was expecting something small or a little bug or something, but I never expected a blue screen from her. I mean what did she do to her computer that it went haywire? Well this is going to take a while.

After a few minutes of tinkering with her computer, finally I had fixed it, I wiped my sweaty forehead with the back of my hand, man and they say encoding is fun, yeah really fun huh reaaaalllyyyy fuuunnn.

"Kamsamnida Nickhun-sunbaenim." Mi Young-ssi profusely bowed as thanks for the help that I just gave her. I just shook my hands and laughed at her ridicolous behavior.

"Hey it's nothing to be thanking about Mi Young-ssi, besides it's a part of my work." I said as I was about to return from my seat when I felt someone holding my hand, as if that person doesn't want me to go.

"What is it Mi Young-ssi?" I asked her, confused on why she just held my hand.

"Call me Tiffany, Khun oppa." She showed me her eye smile, and for once in my life, I felt a certain push that is driving me into her. This feeling had never even manifested in my married life with Victoria. I smiled back at her showing her my appreciaition.

AN

Yey another chapter done

Hope this chapter is going to be of your interests

Well then see you later guys (and gals too)!!

Annyeong