Chapter 2

Till Death Do Us Part

I woke up irritatingly as the alarm clock on our room just doesn't want to stop ringing its annoying beep. In was startled when I realized that I was all alone. I smell the sweet aroma of honey and pancakes so I knew that Victoria was already cooking breakfast for us. I smiled at her sweet and caring nature, so for thanking her I'm going to surprise her.

I slowly went downstairs and crept my way towards the kitchen where she was washing the dishes. I smiled at her, since she was so gullible that I felt sorry for her. I crept behind her and when I reached her I immediately back hugged her. She shrieked in surprise and laughed at my antics. I dragged her away from the sink. I chuckled at her surprised look and she turned towards me and smiled. I smiled back at her and kissed her forehead.

"Good morning beautiful." I told her. She smiled at me as she pecked my nose

"Good morning too, handsome." She said and I pecked her lips.

Soon the two of us were cooking breakfast together, okay she was doing most of the cooking while I was busy....busy trying not to be a burden to her. Okay I admit it, I'm not really the best man to be in a kitchen, but still I know how to cook a little. Like instant ramyeon or spaghetti but I can't compare to a chef-like talent of my wife.

After a few minutes of fighting the stove, I made a nice and decent meal. Although it was no thanks for my wife who was correcting me every step of the way. Since there's only preparing the table, I let Victoria take charge of that while I wake the kids up. I went back upstairs and went to their different rooms. After waking the sleepyheads, I carried the two of them back to the dining room. 

"Is that pancakes we smell?" They both said, clearly showing that these guys are already awake and kicking. I smiled at them and put them down in their seats. I teased them by ruffling their heads which they really protested since I made their hair messier than ever. Me and Victoria were laughing at the kids pouting.

"Okay okay that's enough teasing, let's eat breakfast before it gets cold."  Victoria said as she took her seat and was slowly eating breakfast. The three of us looked at each other and ate. Soon we were having a very comfortable breakfast that was the usual thing that always happens to this family. After a few minutes we were already ready to go. Me to work, the kids to their school with Victoria, since she is one of the faculty there in that particular school.

"Well I'm going ahead then."  I said as I kissed the cheeks of Minho and Sulli. Then I stood up and pecked Victoria's lips as she smiled at the kiss.

"Be careful there ok?" She said as she looked at me in the eyes with worry. I smiled at her as I held her hand.

"I will, don't worry. You better be careful too okay?" I told her. She smiled and nodded at me. I nodded back at her. And I went to my car and started its engine. Victoria and I shared one last kiss before I went to work. After a few minutes, I was stuck in traffic, damn stupid drivers that steal lanes. Don’t they know that what they're doing is going to kill them sooner or later? Sheesh!

As I was silently grumbling at the long drive, I was lucky that the road had already been cleared. I was about to accelerate when somebody just ran straight of my car. I pushed the brakes immediately and luckily I was wearing my seatbelt if not it wouldn't have been really pretty. 

"Watch where you're going stupid fool!" I shouted at that person, who I realize was a girl. Her long auburn hair that was arranged in a pretty braid, her pretty orbs that was her eyes, her pale but beautiful face; everything about her was so perfect that there was only one phrase that I can describe such a beauty. She was brighter than diamonds. (Did you guess her already?)

I was awoken by my daydreaming by the honks made by the drivers behind me. Embarrassed that I was spacing out in the middle of the road and scared that I would cause public disturbance, I sped away towards the office. After a few minutes, I finally arrived at the office. I was walking towards where my station was located. When I arrived there, I opened the computer there. I saw the picture frame of my family near the monitor of my computer.

I took the picture frame from its position and looked at it. I saw the picture of me and my family when we went to Jeju for a vacation. All of us were smiling in the picture, it was kind of fulfilling just to watch this picture and to remember what had happened previously. 

"Well who do we have here? Oh it's Mr. Family guy." My best friend slash co-worker Taecyon said. His styled dark hair, his cheeky smile that I'm really sure that ladies will faint, and his brown orbs were the first thing that had greeted me this morning.

"Oh hey Taec! How's married life treating you these days?" I greeted him with a bro hug which he gladly returned. The two of us are really close that we treat each others as brothers rather than just friends.

"Oh you know same old same old. Emma's treating me well as usual." He said as we released each other from the bro hug. Emma was Taecyon's wife. They were married last 2013, three years after mine. They were a cute couple, a bit mushy for my tastes, although they told me that me and Victoria were mushier than them, but I laughed at it. Emma and Victoria were close friends since the two of them used to live in China until Emma transferred to Taiwan. And with the combined efforts of me and Victoria we had successfully married them off. 

"I see, Gui Gui must be spoiling you so much then." I joked at him. He just laughed at me. We continued teasing each other, until we decided to finish our talk during lunch time. I was encoding for the article that was supposed to be a part of the magazine that we were trying to make. I was focused on my job when I was called by my boss’ secretary, so I went to my boss’ office to ask what’s going to ask.

“Hyung you called?” I asked my CEO, Park Jin Young. Although calling my boss hyung so casually sounds a bit disrespectful to other people, but in this firm, calling Jin Young hyung as sajangnim makes him sound so old. Hey I didn’t say that, he told me to call him that, besides Jin Young hyung treats us like family so he always advised newcomers to call him that.

“Ah Khun-ah, I’ve been waiting for you.” Jin Young hyung said as he rotated his chair for him to face me. I was analyzing on the different reasons on why I was suddenly called by him. Am I going to be in big trouble? Am I going to be fired? Somehow the list goes on and on and all of those results weren’t that comforting to me at all.

I was suddenly surprised when I saw a woman inside his office, and seriously it isn’t just any ordinary woman. It was the same woman who I was about to kill when she suddenly crossed the road. Yup, you guessed right, the woman who I gave the nickname as “Mushroom”

Mushroom?

 Yeah mushroom, she looks like a mushroom to me. Although I had called her as a woman who was brighter than diamonds, but I was thinking that she was more likely a woman who is brighter than mushrooms. Stupid right?

“I’d like to introduce to you the newest member of our little family, Hwang Mi Young.”* Jin Young hyung said as he smiled at me. Mi Young had bowed in front of me and I bowed back to her. And as professionals, we shook hands.

“So what is her role in our little family then hyung?” I asked Jin Young as I was curious on her abilities and her skills especially since hyung is a little bit picky, especially when it comes to newcomers.

“She’s going to be a part of your team Khun-ah and since you’re the team leader, it’s your responsibility to keep an eye on her. Teach her all the basics that she needs to know under your team. Arasso?”

“Deh sajangnim.” I said as I bowed in respect to hyung. He just nodded off and signaled us to get back to work. We went outside his office and I led her to where my team’s station is located.

I don’t know why, but I have a feeling that something’s going to happen. Is it something bad or is it something good? I have no idea, honestly, but whatever happens, happens I hope.

AN

Anyeong another update here, hope you've enjoyed reading 

Anyways did you guys guessed the new characters I've introduced?

Please continue giving off comments its really fun reading them

Well then a4tech signing off~~~