Chapter 3

Till Death Do Us Part

"Well here we are!" I enthusiastically introduced the workplace to Mi Young-ssi. She was already analyzing the whole place, already observing every nook and cranny of the whole place. I was curious at her behaviour since most newcomers I was assigned to wasn't acting the way she is right now. I guess she is quite a special case. 

"The place seems legit." She nodded to herself and faced me. She gave me such a cute expression that even I was surprised at her change of expressions.

"So when do I start?" She asked me in such an innocent way, that somehow I had a feeling that I'm talking to a 4 year old rather than a 24 year old one. I chuckled at her and patted her head. 

"Hey hold your horses, you hadn't been oriented yet. So let's start with the basics."  I told her as I taught her the basics of the workplace, the rules and reggulation of the company, the like. I even included to introduce her to her fellow co-workers especially to Taecyon.

"Hey man, this is Hwang Mi Young-ssi, Mi Young-ssi this is Ok Taecyon, one of the head in this section." I told her. She immediately bowed to Taecyon and man the look that Taecyon has given to Mi Young-ssi is priceless. He was dumbstrucked and I'm really sure that he doesn't believe that a pretty girl like her is going to work with the same section as he is.

"Cut that out dude!" I whacked Taecyon at the back of his head. "Sheesh, the way you look at Mi Young-ssi looks so funny that I forgot to laugh." I glared at him when I said it to him, giving him a signal 'you're ing married, get your balls straight.' He nodded at me nervously, knowing how scary I can be when I get angry. I smiled at him and soon escorted Mi Young-ssi to her assigned workplace.

I assigned her small works, like encoding this and that, and when she wasn't busy, to edit a few works made by her co-workers. She gladly accepted all the work that I had given her, from my observation about her, she seems to be a hardworking girl and she somehow has the attitude to work, not like someone I know right here as I elbowed Taecyon awake from his daydream.

After a few hours, and soon our lunch breaks arrived. We were preparing to head out to the nearest cafe for lunch, when we saw that the newbie was still busy working on a few documents that we had assigned for her. The crew were chuckling on how serious she is in her work and a few like me and Taecyon were impressed with her. I smiled at Taecyon as he nodded and the two of us went to her station.

"Ummm... Mi Young-ssi, sorry to disturb you, but it's already our lunch break, so why not take your lunch ok?" Taecyon said as I nodded my head showing that I am completely agreeing with Taecyon's invitation. Mi Young-ssi just smiled at us, showing her pretty eyesmile at us.

"It's alright Nickhun- sunbaenim, Taecyon-sunbaenim; but I have to finish this first. You two should get your lunch." She said as she bowed at us and continued on her work. I looked at Taecyon and he looked back at me, and we shared a mischevious smile to each other. We each took one of her hand and we dragged her. She was resisting so much, but we didn't give in to her. Soon she join us willingly, with the condition that she will go back to her work after lunch, which wasn't a problem for us since it is what we do too.

So we decided to take our lunch in a nearby Chinise restaurant that was really near to the company. We reserved a big room inorder to accomodate at least 9 people. We ordered our food and we chatted with each other while we were waiting for the order. While I was busy talking with Taecyon, I noticed that Mi Young was alone, not talking to anyone, just staring thier as if she didn't belong to the group. I mentally slapped myself for being so insensitive and so dense. Of course she doesn't talk to anyone, she's new so she feels awkward right now.

"Hey Khun you alright?" Taec said as he waved his hand in front of me. With his action, it brought me back to reality. 

"You were saying?" I asked him since I didn't hear what he told me. He sighed and shook his head. He followed the direction my gaze had previosuly followed, and he saw Mi Young.

"Talk to her." Taecyon said as he looked at me, I rasied an eyebrow at him and he just smiled at me.  

"Why me?" I asked him, I mean I understand that I should since I am the section chief, but still he is also the other second section chief, so why pass that burden to me only?

"You're the better guy for that job Khun, besides your wife trust you more than my wife." He said with such a serious face and that we laugh at his lame joke. I sighed and decided to give it a shot.

"Hey there." I said as I sat down next to her. She looked at me in a very confused way, well I can understand why she was looking at me that way I would've look at my boss when I was in her position.

"Umm. hello Khun-sunbaenim." She awkwardly bowed at me. I don't get it on why she had to bow at me, but I bowed back, for convience sakes. The two of us soon became silent, clearly showing that we were still awkward with each other, well it's her first day of work, so awkwardness is probably be visible in this sort of atmosphere.

After a few minutes opf awkward silence, fortunately the food arrived. I sighed in relief since I can finally focus on something after that awkwardness. The two of us were starting to focus on the food that was present in the restaurant. I saw the whole crew were busy eating while they were still joking around with each other, but I found Tiffany was just being her awkward self, still quiet as usual. I went near her and gave her one of my food to her.

"It's okay sunbae, I already have a lot of this in my plate."  She said as she tried to return a piece of samgyeopsal back at me. 

"That's ridiculous, here have it, besides you want to work immediately after this right? Then you need as much energy as you need." I told her as I gave her another piece, she sighed at me, knowing that she can't beat me against stuborness.

Soon we were talking about small things, like how was her first day, how is she coping up with work, the like; and she replied as honest as she can. I realize that she was always talks with formality, I mean she has to talk like to superiors or to seniors but still we weren't in an office or in our station so she should just as well be talking as casual as possible.

"Call me oppa." 

"What are you talking about sunbaenim?"

"I mean call me oppa, besides I am older than you right?" 

"Yeah, you are; but I don't think that I should call you that." 

"Why so?"

"Because it's good manners not to." She replied in as a matter of fact way. I just chuckled at her.

"Okay I understand your logic, but you have to call me oppa when were out in the office, besides you calling me sunbaenim a lot is a bit too formal for my tastes."

"But sunbae..."

"Opps, what did i say about calling me?" I looked at her expectently, she sighed and I know that she had given up.

"Fine Nickhun-OPPA." She said as she was emphasizing the oppa part. Somehow calling me oppa sound so good, I mean it's even better than Victoria's. Shhh, don't tell victoria, she gets jealous easily.  And after that the two of us had became close.

 

After lunch, we went back to work as soon as possible. As what Mi Young had said she immediately jumped back to work. She was busy all the time that the only thing that I hear from her station is just the clacking of the keyboard and the clicking of the mouse. Wow, she;s such a workaholic. I mean, me and Taecyon had been the longest members in this place, but this is the first time I saw someone so dedicated to the work. I mean this probably sounds do bias, but still I am the one who is giving to evaluate her.

After a few hours had passed, our shifts had ended. I stretched my hands just to feel the blood circulating in my hands. I felt so tired that I just wanted to go home as soon as possible. I already packed my things so far and I was about to go home when I saw Mi Young still finishing her work here. I went near her and saw that she was still editing for the magazine that was about to be published.

"Aren't you going home yet? Besides it's already pass our shifts." I told her as I place my hand on her shoulder. 

"Yeah I should go then." she said as she saved her work and turned off the computer. She packed her things and went outside. I followed her and locked the office. I was walking to the parking lot and I was looking for my car, when I found it I unlocked it and got inside. I start up the engine and drove off. I realized that we were the only ones left in the office. Now that I realize it, I lost track of Mi Young-ssi. 

I shrugged probably she had already went home, I continued driving. I was listening to the radio, sice there was a traffic jam since there were a lot of people trying to go home from thier workplace. I was surprised that I saw Mi Youing-ssi trying but failing to catch a ride. I sighed and stopped in front of her. I lowered the window and smiled at her.

"Hop on, I'll give you a lift."  She looked at me hesitantly, debating whether to take my offer or not. 

"Okay then." She said as she hopped on my car. 

After a few minutes I was driving to where her dorm was located. She had given me her directions to her dorm and fortunately, her directions were really accurate. After a few minutes we had arrived at her dorm. She told me while we were in the road that she lives in a dorm with 8 other dormmates. | thought that it was just any ordianry dorm, but this, this is a mansion than an ordianry dorm.

She hopped of the car and she was about to go inside when she went back to the car. I was curious why she went back, I mean did she forget something. I was shocked when she kissed me in the cheek.

"Thank you for the ride oppa, hope that you can go home safe." She said as she hurried to the dorm's entrance. I was frozen stiff in my place, I don't know why I have felt this but there was only one thing that was stuck on my mind.

What the just happened?

 

AN

Hoorayy!!! Chapter 3 is done hope youll enjoy reading it

Whew this is a long chapter and I don't know why

Anyways school is starting and I can't wait for it Christmas to come

Have a good day guys

Annyeong~~~