Twenty One

How To Make Him Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Everything's done? What's that supposed to mean?"  Seungwan asks in confusion. Chanyeol smiles assuringly. "She's gone from us now. You don't have to be worried anymore."

"Worried?"  She frantically reacts to it, "it's nothing, really...."

Chanyeol tilts his head, "so, you never became worried when I was with her?"

Seungwan nods.

"But you come here just after she left. I think you saw me with her from the balcony."

"No..., no!"  Seungwan smiles as hard as she can, "I just got curious...., I am not worried at all. I mean, she is with Jongdae oppa so I just got curious why he wasn't here and instead you were here."

"Is it?"

"Yeah! Why would I be worried? She's no one for you, right?"

"Yeah. Of course she is no one..., well, she is the sales representative that comes from your company to the restaurant chain...., but for personal level, she is no one..., wait, if she goes out with Jongdae, then she could be someone; Jongdae is my friend, so if they are together, she is my friend's girl."

Seungwan then smiles. She is entertained because of Chanyeol's rant.

But she still feels restless. The way Soojung came out from the scene is making her curious. She was about to cry and she held her lips as if something happened on them.

Wait, Chanyeol would've not kiss her, right?

"Something's wrong? You smiled and then you become pale, again."

"No..., nothing. I just feel a bit chilly here."  He smiles and embraces her. "There. A bit warmer, right?"

She hugs him back; she tries to be calm. Everything will be alright. Everything will be alright.

 

 

Days have gone, and Soojung seems to be distant from Chanyeol and Seungwan. Perhaps something really happens and Chanyeol is right. It has been taken care of, whatever the method is. Seungwan really feels the burden is decreasing day by day.

"Hello, Son."  Byun Baekhyun is in the house again, ladies and gentleman. "You seem better and better nowadays. Anything good happens?"

"Uh, yeah. I guess..."  It's not like she doubts anything (although she is doubting, but just a little bit) but she doesn't really want to get closer to Baekhyun, although this guy is comforting in some aspects.

"Why are you answering me like that?"  He tilts his head and he looks worried, "anything happens? Anything bad happens?"

"No! I mean, Chanyeol oppa has assured me that he is not seeing anyone else...., I mean, my worry is just baseless and there is nothing more to be worried about."  Seungwan then smiles kindly. "So I guess I have to trust him."

Baekhyun's face falls sour after hearing it. He also realizes that Soojung's attitude has changed, somehow. She still talks and goes out with him, but her alluring demeanor somehow has gotten decreased. She becomes more like normal girl each day and she begins to talk more about Chanyeol's partner, and it worries Baekhyun. Their project might be crumbled down if she continues to act like this.

And then an idea comes to his mind. "Well, I am glad you are fine. I need to call a friend, first. See ya."  Seungwan waves back to him. Once he gets out from her department's room, he dials Soojung's number.

"Hello, Baekhyun oppa?"  She answers it immediately.

"What are you doing?"

"I am at Pysche, the third branch."  Baekhyun then says that he is about to get to the elevator so he needs to hung up first. What he does is getting to his room, locking it, preparing the recording tape, and then making the call again, this time he puts it into loudspeaker mode. "Hello again."

"Hi. What is it, oppa?"

"You are in Pysche. Are you seeing him?"

"Yeah, I am seeing him. I think he's not bad at all...., I have said it to you, right, oppa?"  Soojung innocently replies. Baekhyun smiles thriumphantly as she unknowingly falls into his trap.

"Yeah, you have. It's official, then?"

"Official? No, not really. We are still getting to know each other, but as I have said to you..., he's not bad. He's very kind, sweet, and understanding. Although sometimes he is not noticing me because of his work, but that's fine. Anyone is passionate about their works and dreams."

"So, after what happened at the beach thing..., you are still not sealing it?"

"I think I don't want to..., he's still thinking about her. You know, Son Seungwan. And I know I can't just jump into a very serious one if I haven't really healed myself."

"So he is still feeling guilty about her? Like if he breaks her up?"  And he turns off the tape. "Huh? What are you talking about?"  Soojung replies in confusion. "Jongdae-sshi is never in relationship with Son Seungwan-sshi. He loved her but she didn't reply his feelings."

"Oh, what did I say?"  Baekhyun replies with fake shocking tone, "I am working on a job. There's an advertisement about a guy who has to break up with his girlfriend as she chooses another coffee product. You know, our new upcoming advertisement."

"Oh...,"  But Soojung still feels restless. Baekhyun rarely does any mistakes at conversation. "So, is it going well?"

"Oh yeah, yeah, it is going so well. Hey, I need to call my people first to announce the advertisement. If you come back to the company, notify me and we can talk more,..., if you are not busy enough with Jongdae-sshi."

Soojung chuckles, "alright. But I am afraid you are the one who is busy."

"Nah, if I am busy, then you just need to come back to your place. See ya."

"Bye, oppa!"  And then he smiles sinister

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter