Four

How To Make Him Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan pinches herself. 

"OUCH!"

Chanyeol frowns. "What are you doing? Why did you pinch yourself?"

"...This is not a dream anymore,"  Seungwan murmurs horrorly. She rubs her cheeks as it is her habit when she doesn't believe any of what she is experiencing. 

"Hey...."

"He really asked me to become his girlfriend?"

"Hey...."

"I, the midget he is talking about? I mean, he was talking--"

"HEY! I AM STILL HERE! It is weird to hear that myself, you know?"  

Seungwan turns and realizes that Chanyeol, the real Chanyeol, is still there, and frowning at her even more. "I am telling you for real. I want you to become my girlfriend, or you may say I asked you to become my girlfriend." 

"What....? Why?" 

Chanyeol blinks. a 'why' isn't really on his agenda when he planned to ask this to her. 

On the other hand, Seungwan is confused as hell. Chanyeol hasn't shown any sign of interest to her at all. Maybe some people say he is taking an interest but Seungwan never feels the sign before. So when he asked her, she really feels like it is a dream, just like yesterday. 

Wait, she did dream about being asked like this. Is she a psychic? 

"I think you are suitable for my and my family..., that's why I asked you to be my girlfriend."

Now it is the time for Seungwan to blink. Honestly, she had thought Chanyeol would proclaim his love or his likeness toward her. But..., but this is..., "I..., am, suitable? What do you mean by that?" 

Chanyeol rubs his head. Maybe this is the time for him to tell the truth. 

"I want to...., I want to move on...."

"Move...on?" 

"I know you know about me and Sulli,"  Chanyeol then sighs, "to be honest, I can't move on from her. I can't really wipe her memory in my brain, even though it is clear that she has hurt me, my family, and my friends. I can't go out with other women without thinking about her and it bothers me a lot. On one side, I know I have to move on and go on with my life, but on the other side I can't forget about her. I can make the logic: for eleven years I had been in relationship with her. Of course I can't just like throw everything related to her."

Seungwan is literally in blank moment. 

What does he need from her if he keeps saying he can't move on? Why would he ask her to become his girlfriend? 

"But,"  he stops for a while; like he is contemplating, "I can forget her for a while when I am with you. I mean, you are so weird sometimes it makes me want to know more about your thought. You always look like you want to throw your drink every time everyone says something out of ordinary; you always try to look composed even though it is obvious you are not calm at all; you always are red when your eyes are struck with mine. I want to know you more, and I figure out that you might be the one who can bring me out from my memory of Sulli. That is why I am saying you are suitable for me."

"...What are you even saying?"

"I ask you because I know you can, probably, make me move on from Sulli. I know you still like me; your red cheeks and stuttering thing every time we speak or meet are the evidences. I am not dumb to begin with, Son Seungwan. I need your help; I can't be like this anymore. I need to go on with my life, and I have the feeling you can help me on that. Please, Son Seungwan, I need your help."

 

 

"Supervisor-nim?" 

"Uh, supervisor-nim? Miss supervisor?"

KNOCK! KNOCK! 

Seungwan is awakening from her daydream once she hears the knocking sound. She looks up and sees Kim Jongin. He looks so worried over her. "Supervisor-nim! Are you alright? You look lost before."

"...What did you just do? I mean, what name did you just call me?"

"Supervisor-nim,"  he grins, "you are my HRD Supervisor, so it is natural for me to call you like that,"  he then rummages his bag (Seungwan just realizes this young man has carried shopping bag all this time) and gives her a package. It is a lunch box. 

"Lunch box?"

"We can eat together!"  he exclaims as he also shows his lunch box," the lunch time is about to come, why wouldn't we eat together?"

"Uh..., why do we have to--"

"You agreed to help me with my situation with Seulgi! This is my gratitude for you! Well, it might not be tasty, but I made it with all of my heart! I hope you like it!"

"Kim Jongin-sshi? How old are you?"  Seungwan is afraid that this man is a teenager because he sound so child-alike. 

He grins again, "I am twenty four years old this year."

Seungwan's eyes are about to pop. He is a year older than her, yet he is like this? "So, will we have lunch together? I want to talk a lot to you, supervisor-nim!"

She nods and then he asks her to come with him to a place. 

"What? Why?" 

It is Chanyeol's restaurant. 

"It is the only place nearby that lets us to eat from outside too! Come on! The atmosphere is awesome too in here!"  Seungwan is still in daze when Jongin pulls her hand so that he drages her to go into the inside of the restaurant. They then meet the front-desk waitress who greets them nicely and shows them the place that they can occupy. The restaurant is suprisingly so crowded, more crowded than the last time she was there (with Sooyoung and met that Sulli for the first time, FYI). 

Seungwan looks back and forth and examines her surroundings. She cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter