One

How To Make Him Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nine years, Son Seungwan

Nine years have passed and I am back with new strength!

Seungwan talks in her heart.

No, she actually ensures herself in her heart.

She even makes fist with her right hand now that she is determined to show the world that she has changed.

Good bye miss awkward and nerdy; welcome to miss popular and confident.

 

Who is she lying to? She still likes Gundam Wing and Meitantei Conan.

 

Well, her friends said it could make her categorized as 'nerd' but no one knows that except her and her friends. So that thing should be buried down under the dirt.

Nine years have passed and Seungwan will show to HIM that she isn't that girl he had rejected before.

 

You, readers, might have been falling in love, and are familiar with the term 'first love.' Yes, the sweet, beautiful, warm, and fuzzy feeling you got (or get) when he passed you at the school's hall, or when he called your name (for collecting exam paper), or when his stare was struck with yours. Believe me, as the writer, I know it well.

 

Well, good luck to you if he happened (or happens) to return your feeling.

 

But in my case..., I mean, Seungwan's (NOTE : I AM NOT TRYING TO POUR MY FAILED FIRST LOVE HERE..., Oh shoot, I have done it), she had it at the worst condition ever.

 

It seems like yesterday when she was sixth grade. Everything was so colorful and fluffy. Everything was so beautiful.

And that tall boy with warm smile and handsome features was the perfect definition of beauty in Seungwan's eyes.

 

His name is Park Chanyeol and he was her new neighbor back then. Seungwan and her family were living next door from Park family but Chanyeol was rarely at home. He was nineth grade at that time, but he had been so tall and became basketball player in his school. He and Seungwan (and his little sister, Park Sooyoung) were going to the same school ground; she and Sooyoung were at sixth grade of elementary school while Chanyeol was in junior high school.

Seungwan fell for him when he came to her house, followed his family for greeting the neighbors when they just moved in.

Their parents clicked instantly, but Chanyeol kept distance to the children and rather played with his big sister, Park Yura (she was in high school). Seungwan had to be satisfied to play with Sooyoung, who was in fourth grade (and Seungwan thought she was too child-alike for her).

Months passed and Seungwan could only look for him at afar. She was afraid because Chanyeol seemed aloof toward her and Sooyoung; he was rather playful if he was with his peers.

But then Seungwan read shoujo manga(s) and she made herself confessed, only to be rejected because she was a kid.

 

Well now, who is the kid? Seungwan is now twenty-two years old, with university degree and betitled as 'Korean-Canadian' girl. Yep, just after she graduated from elementary school, Son family moved to Toronto and Seungwan never saw South Korea anymore, let alone Park family and Park Chanyeol. She tried her best not to stalk him on social media accounts, but when her parents said that she could go back to Seoul for working (and live alone as she is an adult) she has searched Park Sooyoung's media (she hasn't had any guts to stalk Chanyeol's..., yet) and contacted her. She was estatic to hear that Seungwan would go back, saying that she was her role model (and Seungwan wanted to ROLF because where did she get that idea? They even barely know each other!) and other heroic stuff. She also said that Mrs. Park was really happy to hear their old neighbor's daughter would go back and be ready to throw celebration.

 

Seungwan never thought that their parents were this close. 

 

And turns out, Park Yura is about to get married. That means this family is busy and happy. Not so sure where the advantage point for Seungwan, but she is glad she will get married. Come to think of it, Yura's with her is like five years. So that makes her now twenty-seven years old.

 

And no, she hasn't asked any question regarding to Chanyeol.

 

She looks into the pocket mirror she has been holding into and watches her reflection again from the mirror.

I am now beautiful.

"Son Seungwan, hwaiting!"

 

On the other hand, the British guy who sits beside her is looking onto her like she is a weird creature, because all she has done is smiling, creepily smiling, talking to herself, and looking onto the mirror flirtiously (creepy).

Another guy next to him is even wondering, "what is happening to that Asian girl?"

 

 

 

"Son Seungwan-sshi? SON SEUNGWAN-SSHI!!!!"   Sooyoung waves toward the girl she has seen has similiar face with Seungwan's photo in social media accounts. 

Seungwan realizes it and she waves back. "Sooyoung-sshi?"  The girl nods happily when Seungwan acknowledge her.

But Seungwan doesn't feel really happy. It's not that she hates Sooyoung or seeing Sooyoung; it's because Sooyoung is taller than her.

Seungwan is already at 163cm tall yet this Sooyoung is taller than her.

How is about Chanyeol, then? He was already super tall back then. Seungwan nervously thinks about how she will do when Chanyeol meets her. He must have called her 'midget' again. But that is not really the point. He probably hasn't grown up well even though his sister is this tall.

"It's nice to meet you!"  They both greet at the same time, looks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter