Seven

How To Make Him Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Supervisor-nim?"

"Yes?"  Seungwan knows who he is; she doesn't even need to look up to see who is coming and calling her like this.

And as usual, Jongin with his dumb smile is there. But now he isn't alone. He brings a green teddy bear. "This is for you. To cheer you up."

Seungwan blinks and smiles. Jongin is such an innocent being and it is cute for him to do things like this.

Seungwan has been down lately. Of course, the source is none other than Park Chanyeol. They have been in romantic relationship for one week, but he never really asks her to go out together (read: date) or calls her in spontaneous manner. It is like a scheduled call; he will call at her break time for couple minutes, then call her again when they are about to go to sleep. Seungwan sometimes remembers this is part of a bet and part of him learning to love someone again, so she should be fine with the condition, but she knows she can't be just fine with it.

She wants more. She needs more.

She needs real boyfriend. Not robot boyfriend.

She still loves him this deep even it has been years since she knows what love is, and by the way, he is the key of making her knew what love is in the first place.

It is not just for a bet for Seungwan anymore; she needs to fight for her love and she has to do it, but how? Chanyeol is like drawing 'border' in their relationship, as if he can't accept Seungwan wholeheartedly, which is, well, fine, probably, for his condition, but not for Seungwan's.

"You don't like teddy bear, Supervisor-nim?"  Jongin sounds sad when Seungwan wasn't that excited to see the bear earlier. Seungwan notices it and she gets up to take the bear, "not at all! I like teddy bears! Thank you so much, Jongin-sshi!"

"That's my supervisor!"  He smiles wildly. He knows too he can't ask much about Seungwan-Chanyeol unless the girl is willingly telling it to him. So far, all he knows is that Chanyeol is super rigid in the relationship and the identity of the woman before is still unknown. Seungwan never asks him, though, and Chanyeol obviously will not tell her anything regarding about the secret lady. Sometimes Jongin wants to march to Chanyeol's restaurant and pours a glass of iced tea into his face to make his eyes open widely.

Seungwan is a nice, caring, loving, and beautiful girl. Why can't that giant tall pole human being see it?

"Jongin?"

"Yes, Supervisor-nim?"

"How are you with Kang Seulgi-sshi?"

"We are working the things out. I mean, I try to be more organized and she tries to shut her sense a bit more regarding to my mess,"  he smiles, "although I must say, she looks a bit older nowadays. She must hold it too much."

Seungwan replies the smile as she remembers the sadness she saw when Jongin told her about her ex-girlfriend in Seulgi's face. "Hey, how long have you been friends?"

"Since we were toodlers, I guess. Why?"

"Does she have boyfriends?"

"...Rarely. She rarely tells me regarding that department. We are friends but we never talks a lot about our respective love lives."

"...I see."

"Is something wrong in our relationship, Supervisor-nim?"  Jongin asks and Seungwan blinks several times. For someone that oblivious, Jongin can be too sensitive sometimes. "No. I just want to know more, since both of you are those who want to talk to me at personal level."

"None of these people talk to you? Really? You must be feeling lonely, Supervisor-nim."

"Nah. I am fine with it. These cubicles help to reduce our chit-chat time, too."  She then looks to the clock at her desk, "this isn't break time. Don't you have work? Your manager can get angry if you leave lesiurely like this!"

Jongin smirks, "they think I am into you so they let me go. IT department's guys never really have good lucks at love life so they tend to let their teammate go to pursue girls more than eat outside."

Seungwan looks surprised, "wait, what did you just say?"

Jongin laughs, "relax, Supervisor-nim! I am not into you romantically! But those IT guys think otherwise...., however, since it helps me to go out lesiurely like this, I let the rumor goes around. It doesn't hurt me as I don't have any interest to find my half-soul here and you already have a boyfriend..., well, a rigid boyfriend, but we can work it out." 

Seungwan is still in her pool of thought when Jongin says this as she thinks only about Seulgi. What does that girl feel? She doesn't know Seungwan that much and Jongin suddenly always shows up to be nice and caring to Seungwan. Although Seungwan agrees 100% Jongin has no intimate or romantic feelings toward her, she is afraid Seulgi doesn't catch it.

Seungwan knows Seulgi loves Jongin. It is there, at her hurt face that time. Seungwan knows what it feels to have unrequited love; she practically has been living with it. And so, she doesn't want to hurt her as she knows how hurtful it is.

"Jongin, please just come back to your place and explain to them that we are nothing more than friends."

"Eh? Are you feeling uncomfortable with it?"  Seungwan nods and Jongin looks like he just has broken an expensive vase, "alright. I will clarify it. But we are still friends, right?"

"Of course we are. I will not forget about this teddy bear."

"Okay then!"  Jongin then leaves the scene and once he is gone, Seungwan frantically searches for Seulgi's department dial number. Once she gets it, she asks Seulgi to come to HRD department immediately. She has to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter