Episode 2

Between Me and You : Tragedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPISODE 2

Lee Ya Na

 

" Yes I get it , Ha Na . Don't worry I'll be on my way " I turn off the call as I put a bag of bread at the passengers' seat . My sister Ha Na can't stop remind me to fetch her daughter and I felt annoyed . Before I can get into the driver's seat suddenly there's something run so fast and snatch my handbag .

" Omo ! Yah give me my handbag !!" refusing to lose ,I grab my handbag's rope before he push me and I stumble a few steps back before fall in to the ground and makes my back hit the car. I want to chase him but my back is hurt and also my broken heels makes me unable catch the culprit .

" Yah , how dare you do that to a woman !!! " I heard a voice but it’s not mine .I just see his back but not his face. I hope he can get my handbag back . I'm so selfish , I know and I should help him instead of hoping that he will catch the criminal and get my handbag for me. Citizens that see what had happened help me to stand and sit on the bench nearby.

" Are okay miss ? " one of the ahjumma ask me and I answer her back .

" Don't worry . I'm okay . Thanks " I smile to her. " Okay then . Take care of yourself " that ahjumma was so sweet as she's really took care about me.

" Yes , thank you " I bow . I try to relax myself but I was unable to do so . I can't accept the fact that I lost my handbag because there's a lot of important thing there. The question is how can I even survive in this country ? I close my eyes , hoping that this is all a dream. I kind of lose hopes when I wait for my hero to get my handbag back . It’s been 6 minutes approximately since the incident happen . I pinch my head , hopes that it will relieves the pain but it’s not . Why there's always problem in my life ? I mean I can't relax even for a minute. I have to do this , I have to do that , I have to fetch her , I have to buy that and... urghhh. I don't have appetite to eat those breads anymore . Suddenly I saw a pair of leather shoes in front of me . The direct sunlight makes me I squint my eyes to see who is the guy in front of me.

" Miss , this is your bag ? Right ? " he ask me while showing my beautiful hand bag in front of my face.

" Oh. My. God " I stood up with bare foot and grab my handbag from his hand .

 " This is my handbag !! Thank you so much Sir " I was so happy that's why I hug my bag like I lost my baby. I smile to him but it starts to fade away when I look at his conditions.

" Omo , your nose is bleeding " I said to him and when I examine his further , I can saw bruise at corner of his mouth and even there's a cut too on his right hand.

" Please sit down . Now " I ask him and luckily he do what I ask him to do. Then I open up my car’s trunk to get the medkit with my barefoot of course.

" Wait , it’s okay miss . It’s nothing " he said.

" Nothing ? For you is nothing but for me it is everything " I said as I open up the first aid box and wear a glove . I'm afraid my hands is dirty and this eventually can affect him too.

" I think your nose is broken .Look! It can't stop bleeding . Please bend your body forward and packing your nose with this " I give him a medium size of gauze and he put it below his nose. Well , he's very good in following instructions. Then I take a cotton wool with tweezer then soak it with alcohol swabs . Eventhough there's a small cut , you can't tell if there's a bacteria's infection or not.

" You're good in handling this things " he said.

" Well , I handle this 'thing' everyday " I answer him back while applying the alcohol swabs on his hands.

"You're a nurse ? "

" Do not underestimate me " then I put a plaster on his hand and also the corner of his mouth. I can tell he's a very good looking .

" So , you're a doctor then "

 

" Sort of . Can I see your nose ? " with or without his permission , I'm going to do what I have to do . The bleeding is stop however , the bruise slowly appear around his nose.

 

" So you're a clerk ? " I ask him back . I knew he's holding high position in the company , I mean just look at his outfit , everything is expensive.

 

" Do not underestimate me " I laughed with his answer .

 

" So , you're officer then ? "

 

" Sort of "

 

" Okay , here “ I give him instant cold pack that already available in Medkit.

 

" You have to do this for 10 to 15 minutes, maybe 3-4 times a day so that it can reduce the swelling " I told him

 

" Okay Doctor "

 

" Can you scrunch your nose ? Is it painful ? " I ask him . I saw he is trying but he can't.

 

" A bit "

 

" You should go to the hospital after this , I can send you if you want . Doctors there may give you antibiotics so that it would reduce the pain " I explain to him . Wait talking about send someone .....

 

" Oh my god ! My daughter ! " I straight away look at my watch and I was 20 minutes late. No no no if my sister know about this, it will become the death of me.

 

" Sir , I don't want to be rude but I have to go now "

 

" Oh okay then " he said while still holding the cold pack below his nose . " Actually I can drop you off at the hospital "

 

" It’s okay , my nose is injured not my hand "

 

" Okay yeah I know right. By the way thank you so much Sir . I don't know what to do if there's no you here... "

 

" No problem . I just do what I can do " he said while smiling at me . Honestly , I think he is more handsome when he smiles .

 

 " Wait ! Let's introduce ourselves shall we ? " he said .

 

" Okay , my name is Lee Ya Na . You can call me Ya Na " I said as I bow in front of him. " Okay , you can call me Myung Soo . My full name , Kim Myung Soo "

 

" Oh , I see . Nice to meet you ., Myungsoo-shi . I wish we can talk more , but I really have to go now"

 

" It’s okay. I can't do anything too .By the way thank you for the free treatment, Ya Na-sshi " he said .

 

" Oh , I'm more willing to do that , Myungsoo-sshi " I said as I enter my car. For the last time I wave at him before he disappears from my eyes.

 

End of flashback .

 

" Mommy , do you hear what I'm telling you just now ? " Min Joo ask .

 

" What ? Yes of course darling " I lied.

 

 " Huh , whatever . Wait , there's something on the passenger's seat " Min Joo said and I was really curious about it.

 

" Oh yeah , I bought a bread and you can eat it when we arrived "

 

" Woah , its looks delicious . Thanks mommy "

 

" No problem "

 

 " Mommy , can I ask you something ? "

 

" What ? "

 

" Who is your first love ? Do you even have one ? " my heart suddenly beating faster than usual when she ask me that question. Of course I have one but that person is very painful to remember at the first place. By the way how can 6 years old kid ask me about ‘ first love ‘ ?

 

 " I have one , but it is all past . I don't want to remember about it " I park my car nearby the house as Min Joo's house is not so big and there's no garage there.

 

 " Okay , we had arrived. Take the bread and go inside " I ask her before she spit me her last question .

 

" Woah , what if you meet him one day . What will you do ? "

 

" No , I won't . Besides , he got someone more important to take care of "

 

 " I ask, what if you meet him not what if you fall in love with him again " Min Joo's last sentences really like a slap on my face. Am I still thinking about him ?

 

Flashback

" Ouch ! Can you apply it more gently please ? " he said while holding my right hand. His another hand holding the ice compressor below his nose to reduce the swelling. Maybe I'm too harsh when apply the antiseptic on his face. Only God knows what I feel right now when he's holding my hands. My heart beating so fast and I'm afraid he'll hear it.Why I feel like this ? I mean it’s like my mind went blank and I can't think anymore .

" Sorry , but can you let go of my hands please ? I can't treat you if ... "

" Oh , yes " I feel the emptiness when he let go of my hands. I continue to treat him by applying the antiseptic and put the plaster on his cuts . Suddenly , he look at me and smiling . Omg , please stop !

" Honestly , I'm telling you , I can't forget the day you reject and slapped me. It’s very hurtful especially to my pride . Even its 100 times hurtful than today " he said with sad face. Oh yeah , that event . I should hate him after the tragedy but I'm not .It turns out to be the other way around .

" What happened to you ? . I mean what did you do until Junyoung beat you mercilessly like this " I ask him in order to change the topic . Actually not really because I wanted to know what had happened to him . I should be at home right now , doing my homework but guess what ? I'm still here in school treating someone that once, be a guy that hurt my feelings so much.

“Well , it’s none of your business though "

" Fine , give me the ice compressor . I want to replace with the new one " I really worried about him to be honest .

"Here, take the new one " I give him the new ice compressor.

" Do you feel dizzy ? " I ask him because maybe he feels that ? We never know.

" No , I'm okay . Can you do a bit faster please? " I sigh . Oh gosh . I hate him . He is lucky enough to get treatment from me. Not even say thank you and just ordering people around.

" Of course " before I can put bandage at his hand , he ask me one more questions.

" Why do you help me ? You're supposed to hate me after what had happened. "

I stop my job immediately when he ask me that . I look at his eyes for two seconds and then I look at different directions. I didn't answer him but I continue my job without much noise and he also didn't talk to me at all.

" Done ! I have to go home now , my family would be worried about me " I said. Then I arrange all the materials back to its place to avoid any problems later on.

" Okay then " I don't even surprise if he didn't thank me because I know him ; the coolest guy in this school which really good in using money . So , since he's powerful and egoistic , he doesn't need to thank people. Bofore I reach the door , I turn back and said

" Oh , Woo Hyun-sshi , about your las

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter