Episode 12

Between Me and You : Tragedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPISODE 12

Lee Ya Na

 

For tonight’s event, I am wearing floral print A-line dress , match with maroon color of cardigan. Besides, I'm also wearing over-the-knee tights and black color of stilettos. I didn't do much about the make up as I apply one layer of powder, a black eyeliner as well as blossoms pink color of lipstick and a bit of pink blusher. Since, I don't have so much to do with my hair so I just tie my hair loosely and release the fringe because before this I love to pin it.

 

"Where is my phone " I search my phone through the pile of clothes but I couldn't find it... I have to call Myungsoo to cancel the appointment and then call Woohyun to set up everything.

 

"Yes , I found it" I smile but it last only for 5 second as I realized the phone battery only 2% left.

 

"Omo omo !! " before I can dialed up Myungsoo's number , my phone turn off. I don't even remember both of their number.

 

"Omo , ottohke ? " I grab my power bank, charge it and put into my brownish pink color of clutch along with my purse.

 

"Yah , where are you going ? " my sister asks me.

 

"Date"

 

"Date ? " my sister and Minjoo shocked simultaneously.

 

" With who ? " they said together.

 

“Is there someone wants to date with you?” Ha Na murmured.

 

“I heard that!”

 

“Mommy, tell us everything” Min Joo insists.

 

"I'll tell you later...I'm late " I said hurriedly and get out from the house. I have to call Myungsoo before he reached my house. Luckily, I have extra phone and I saved both of their number there. So, I go to my car and grab my ' savior ' . Before I can dialed Myungsoo's number, suddenly a car abruptly stopped in front of my house.

 

"Who.... " I feel it's too late as I saw who is the owner of the car.

 

"Myung Soo-shi ? " why is he here? Now is 7pm..so we have about one hour to go…..

 

 You're so pretty today " he compliments and I said thank you to him. He's even more handsome with brown hair brushed up hairstyles as well as the black suits. So literally, our attire is matching today.

 

"So , are you ready ? " he open the car door for me and without any choices left for me, I entered hesitantly.

 

"Ne " I said insincerely but I don't have any choice either. Myungsoo is here , so I have to go with him even though I feel heavy to do that. As soon as I entered the car I straight away buckle my seatbelt and suddenly the memory of Woohyun buckle my seat belts popped up into my mind.

 

"If you want to know, I'm fetch you early because suddenly they change the location and the location a bit far from here " Myungsoo explained and then only I understand.

 

"Oh , I see " I said to him.

 

"Do you feel comfortable? " he ask me.

 

"Yes , of course " I answered while looking at him.

 

"So , the location is at... "

 

"Gangnam " he answered directly before we stopped at the traffic light. The atmosphere was so quiet and I don't know what to do.  However , I can hear Myungsoo humming a song.

 

"Do you like this song ? " I ask him but I don't know what song it is.

 

"Yes I am...do you like it too ? " he ask me.

 

"It's my first time and it's a good song " I said to him.

 

"The title is Between Me and You..sung by INFINITE ...my favorite song " he said and I don't know anything about Kpop group songs.

 

"Ah, I see "

 

"You know them ? " he ask me and drive again after the green light showed.

 

"I don't know and I didn't listen to music so much "

 

"Ah , really ? For me sleep and music is the best escape from everything " he said to me and for me reading is the best escape for everything. I just smile with his thoughts. I can't deny that the song is good and the lyrics also have deep and significant meaning.

 

"But , your family's business is major in what ? " I ask him as I curious about it.

 

"Owh , we , Paradigm Cooperation provide medical supports like all the machines, the drugs and even hospital uniforms " he explained to me and I get a picture of it.

 

"Ah , I see "

 

"Your hospital is also one of the hospital that we provides medical support "

 

"Oh really ? " now only I know about it. I do not expect that we actually shared the same field .

 

"Ne "

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

We finally arrived at Park Hyatt Hotel at Gangnam and our journey takes about 45 minutes.

 

"Shall we ? " Myungsoo said as he offered his arm for me to cling, and I accepted his offer willingly. I felt nervous as I entered the hall which the celebration will occur . Besides, I feel insecure when all the top businessman and businesswoman gathered at one place for the celebration party. I mean, I'm just a pediatrician surgeon.

 

"Myungsoo-shi , is something wrong with my outfit today ? " I whisper him a question as I feel uneasy when people eyeing me.

 

"No , maybe because you're so beautiful until they can't take their eyes off you " Myung Soo jokes.

 

"Aishh... " I bit my lip as I heard that.

 

"Oh , I see my parents there …. wait here for a while…. don't go anywhere " he said and I nod.

 

" Miss , wanna have tequila? " the waiter offered to me but I rejected it politely because I can't drink . I'm afraid there's hospital emergency later on so I can't consume alcoholic drinks. When I look around the hall, I can see wide banner of the company's logo, and also the stage. Besides, there was many interviewer attend the celebration and I believed Paradigm Cooperation is the most influential company in South Korea.

 

"Ya Na-shi , let's go..I want to introduce my family to you "

 

"Okay " I answered him nervously and follow his steps from the back.

 

"Omma " Myungsoo calls his mother and the moment she turn around , I know I've make a biggest mistakes for coming here.

 

" This is Dr.Lee Ya Na and Dr.Lee ,this is my mother, Ms.Nam Ji Ri  " Myungsoo introduced me to his parents but how come they are Myungsoo's parents ? I thought they were Woohyun's.

 

"Anyeonghaesayo, Lee Ya Na imnida " I bow and introduced myself even though she know me already.

 

"You !!!! " I looked down as she pointed me with her index finger.

 

"Omoni , you know her ?? " he ask his her mother. I know he must be baffled.

 

"Woah , I can't believe I will meet you here " Mrs.Nam said as she circling around me , looking from head to toe while holding a glass of tequila

 

 "You're a bit different now and I see a little progress from last 6 years " she adds more.

 

"However, your family status won't change forever " she said in annoying voices. I can't say anything to them at all because I'm afraid. I need someone to protect me.

 

"How can you come here ? This place is not belongs for you that has low background status ! Your father is a and your mother is a e! " everyone that heard our conversation starts chatting amongst themselves and my tears starts to drop. I feel sad as I can't protect my father and my mother.

 

"Myungsoo-shi , do you know about this ? " she asks him.

 

" For what ? I want to be friends with her not because of her family background " Myungsoo said to his family and I was touched.

 

“Woah.. Lee Ya Na what is so great about you” Mrs.Nam clapping her hands.

 

"What is happening ??? " Mr.Nam and Woohyun's sister starts to join the team.

 

"Omo , Ya Na-shi " Ji Yoon look at me and smiling.

 

"Yeobo , look at our special guest today ...opps not special but ' dirty ' ... " she said loudly and push my right shoulder using her index finger . Please stop this !! I can't stand anymore. I can't move as I feel embarrass.

 

"How can she come... "

 

"Myungsoo brings her here "

 

" Woah , you're no kidding huh Ya Na-shi " Mr.Nam said.

 

"First , you poisoned our Woohyun's mind and now Myungsoo ??!!! " he said loudly and I startled because of that.

 

"Aboji " her sister back up me.

 

"You shut up !!! " Mr.Nam mad at Ji Yoon. I’m going to fight them ! I have to be strong !!

 

"Look , our event ruined because of ... "  I had enough!

 

" I don't care " the first word that I said in monotone voice after I have been attack with Mr and Mrs.Nam.

 

"What you're saying? " Mrs.Nam said to me and I look at her with my teary eyes.

 

" I don't care about what you think about me " I walk to her step by step.

 

"and I don't think about you at all " I said to them and the atmosphere was so quiet .

 

"Mr. Nam and Mrs.Nam ,no matter your social status or how powerful you feel you are... " I encourage myself to smile.

 

"We all are equal.. we came here by birth and will leave in death "

 

"You're so rude !!! " Mr.Nam said and he's trying to slap me , I close my eyes but it didn't come.

 

 " Don't touch my wife " wife ?

 

“ Wife ??!!!”  When open my eyes and turn left , I saw a guy that I should meet tonight…how he know I'm here ?

 

“Woohyun-shi”

Nam Woo Hyun

 

"Nurse Jin , is Lee Ya Na on duty tonight? " I ask her since she is the first one that I saw at the hospital. I called Ya Na so many times but she didn't answer my calls so that's why I'm worried.

 

"Ne ? Dr.Lee is not here....she take 12 hours leave because she said she has personal matter but 5 am in the morning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter