Episode 10

Between Me and You : Tragedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPISODE 10

 

Nam Woo Hyun

 

" Minguk-ah , your appa and omma always like this ? " she asks him and Minguk nods.  We both laughed because of Minguk’s response.

 

" Woah , you guys so sweet .Whenever I met my husband ,I felt really angry because he likes to say I should change my styles. Yah , what's he meant ? We both nearly 50 years old but he told me to keep young "she's mumbling.

 

" But , you have to take care of Dr.Lee properly , don't make she feel hurts " she advising me and and I promise I'll not do that again.

 

" Yeobo ( honey )… I have to check other patients and please stay on Minguk's side " honey ? she's really good in acting since high school .

 

" Ne , arasseo .Take care " I said and then she leaved the room with the old nurse.

 

"Appa ,I'm so happy "he murmured.

 

" I'm more happier than you , you know?"

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

I walk through the hospital alley after got  Minguk’s cloth from Sunggyu just now . Suddenly,  I saw Teacher Yoo talking with someone at the hospital garden and I believed she is Lee Ya Na . Before I can greet them I heard something shocking and it causes me to hide behind a tree and eavesdropping.

 

" What do you want actually ? " Lee Ya Na ask teacher Yoo. 

 

" This morning you ask ridiculous questions and now you attacking me again with those assumptions " the doctor adds again .

 

 " Do you think I don't know what is in your mind right now ? " it’s been a long time I see she got angry like this.

 

" You like my husband don't you ? "

 

" Yah , what are talking about ??!!! "

 

" Besides , you put food than contains egg to Minguk's food to frame me right ? " I accidently drop Minguk’s bag and luckily they didn’t hear that. Is it true ? If this is true , I won’t let you go teacher Yoo,

 

 "Do you think our relationship as husband and wife will broke because of your childish actions =? "

 

"You don't have any prove about that ! I didn't put boiled eggs to his kimbap"

 

"How can you know it is boiled egg if it is not you who causes all this! " I got goose bumps and angry at the same time when I heard that.

 

"It is not like that.. I'm just... "how could she do that ? I hold my fist.

 

"I'll make sure you'll get heavy punishment because of your actions " Ya Na said.

 

" How could you do that to my son ? " son ? Is she being serious?

 

" Lee Ya Na sshi , it is not like what you think”

 

" Do you know how scared I am when I see Minguk laid helplessly on the stroller ? I'm just a doctor , not a god " she started to cry and I lose my fist when I saw that.

 

" Do you know how sad I am when I see his purpuric rashes ? " please don't cry ...

 

" Do you know how nervous I am when he didn't greet or smile to me ? " she adds and I can't stand this anymore as I saw she's crying very had.

 

" Do you know how much I love him even though he's not my real son ? " Lee Ya Na , the last time I saw you crying, I didn't do anything except hoping that those tears will stop by itself .

 

" Do you know how .... " however , not today , not now.

 

"Lee Ya Na " I said her name and she stopped crying . Teacher Yoo cupped as she saw me because she might think that I heard their conversation and yes I am. Lee Ya Na doesn't turn back when I call her just now because I know , she's know it's me. Then I do something that I wanted to do with her so much. I clasp her hand gently and surprisingly she didn't flinch as she's usually do in the past. Her hand is warm as I expected.

 

"I'm disappointed in you Teacher Yoo "

 

"No , it's not like that " she’s stammer.

 

"I've heard your conversation with my wife .... you better apologize to Minguk when he wakes up later " I said calmly. Unable to handle embarrassment, she left us without turning back.

 

"Minguk's omma, please wipe your tears " I said not looking her face.

 

"Minguk's appa , how can I do that if my hands .... "

 

"Oh , sorry " I said and she's wiping her tears using her both hands.

 

"Let's watch sunset shall we ? " I said and unexpectedly she say...

 

" No , I...."

 

" Okay then" I said disappointedly.

 

" No , I mean yes ... I have to check on Minguk first then only we watch sunset together " she said and we both look at each other faces. It has been a long time I didn't feel like this - feel of someone has light up my world and makes me smile for no reason .

 

.................................................................................................................................................

 

" Ah , I see " I said after heard all the stories from Ya Na's mouth . To be honest , I can't believe she is right beside me right now .

 

" Can you call me by using that word again ? " I ask her.

 

" What word ? "

 

" Yeobo ( honey ) ?" I succeed to make her laugh and hit me.

 

" Ah , it's hurts , you know ! "

 

" You've never change Woohyun-sshi "

 

" You too " I said and suddenly there's a moment of silence.

 

" By the way , do you remember when we're at school's rooftop and shared about our ambitions ?" I start the topic first.

 

" Yes , I am " we both now at hospital's rooftop. I still remember 8 years ago we spend time together watching sunset.

 

" Now you become a good doctor and I am on my way to be a professional photographer and.....”

 

" Thank you Woohyun-ah " she cuts me.

 

" Why ? "

 

" For keeping your promise" oh , that promise. I promised her to be a good and responsible man ; not that bad, playboy and irresponsible man anymore .

 

" Oh , no need to thank me about it though " I said.

 

" By the way ... " I've been thinking to ask her about this since evening.

 

" Actually , I won a competition for photography .... "

 

" Really ? Congratulations " she said happily.

 

" Thank you and I've invited to receive the prize so I thought to bring you along with Minguk this Monday " I can't believe I ask that since this is our first meeting for 6 years.

 

" Oh... I actually " I feel regret right now when asking that question. !

 

" It's okay , I understand "

 

" It's not like that , it's just that I'm not sure yet " being a doctor must be busy right ?

 

" I’ll call you later "

 

" I get it " I cuts her since I'm so afraid of being rejected.

 

" I'm sorry "

 

" It's okay and thank you for everything Lee Ya Na " our conversation ends as sunset stop showing itself.

Lee Ya Na

 

" Oh , mommy come back already " I heard my sister said as open the door.

 

" Mommy , how's Minguk ? Is he okay? "Minjoo ask and how she knew Minguk is treated at my hospital?

 

" Oh , he is okay ... don't worry " I said.

 

" Good then , mommy have you seen his father ? " before I can answer , my sister cuts me.

 

" Yah , mommy is very tired you know...let her rest " Ha Na said and thank you sis.

 

" Minjoo , go to sleep….it's late night already " I said and she do what I ask to do. I'm sorry Minjoo because I don't know how to answer you.

 

.................................................................................................................................................

 

I have been staring at the moon almost one hour already. There's a lot of thing I've been thinking about.

 

Flashback

 

Kring Kring Kring Kring                      

 

"Hello , yes Myungsoo " I pick up the call .

 

"Have you  had breakfast ? " he ask me.

 

"Yes, I am ... how about you? " I ask him and I feel happy when someone taking care of me.

 

"Not yet because I thought of having it with you " I checked my wrist watch and it shows 9am.

 

"Yah , you should have it right now " I said and he chuckles.

 

"Okay doctor and actually I want to ask you a favor " he ask politely.

 

"What is it ? Just name it " I ask as I type a patient report at the laptop.

 

"Are you free this Monday's night ? " this Monday I don't have any scheduled surgery. So , I should be free right ?

 

"Yes I am..why ? "

 

"My company will conduct an event to celebrate new appointment for our company so I want to bring you along with me but if you have other appointment… " he said and without hesitant, I said.

 

"Why not ? " he sounds so happy with my answer.

 

"So , this Monday I'll pick you up on 8 pm " he said and I agreed.

 

"Okay , see you on this Monday " I turn off the call. Today is Friday , so I have about 2-3 days to buy a new gown .

 

End of flashback.

 

" Myungsoo , Woohyun , Myungsoo , Woohyun " should I go both ? Aish !! It's not right !! Myungsoo’s event starts at 8 and Woohyun’s event starts at 9...ah.. I don't want to think about that.

 

Knock knock

 

"Nae " I see my sister bring a glass of milk .

 

"Are you okay ? " she ask.

 

"I'm okay...waeyo ? " I ask her back.

 

" Nothing ... sleep well " she said and leave. Yah, what's with this unnie ?

 

Knock Knock knock

 

"Yah , this unnie... "

 

"You're here ? Yah , I search you around the house you know.... " my jaw dropped when I see Woohyun in my room. This Woohyun is different from what I meet this evening.

 

" Do you know how to answer this math question ? It's very hard " he said as he sits beside me at the study table. The math book is the exact book that I used when we were in high school. Even his style now is different as when he was in high school with those snap back , funky t-shirts , and short pants.

 

" Yah, why you're looking at me ? " he ask me but I've never stop by looking at him.

 

" Ah, I know...you fall for me right ? " I didn't response at all.

 

" I have one favor to ask you " he said as we both looked on each other eyes.

 

" Wh..whaat ? "

 

"Suddenly he gives me a pair of scissors " I take it and I don't know what for.

 

" Scissor ? For... "

 

" Kill me "

 

" What ? "

 

" Kill me! You hate me right ? I give you so much pain... just kill me !! " he shouted and I start to cry.

 

" I don't want to do that !!! I love you " I shout and the I still holding the scissor.

 

" Just kill me !! " he’s pointing the sharp edge of the scissors to his stomach and my hand shaking because of that.

 

" No !! please... " I refused to do that but he keep forced me and I accidentally stab him on his stomach. I saw his stomach can't stop bleeding...

 

" Ahhh " No no no no...

 

" Thank you " he said and collapse on my bed.

 

" No!! No!! " I scream out of my lungs and cried. This is not happening ! This is not happening ...

 

" Woohyun !!! " I scream out of my lungs and I realized ……

 

it

 

was

 

 a

 

 dream.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter