Episode 21

Between Me and You : Tragedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
EPISODE 21     Lee Ya Na     "You're really wanted to go for work today?" Myungsoo ask me while we're having breakfast right now.   "Yes" he's asking me that because last two days, I get high fever and I know the core reason which is I miss Minguk so much.    "Okay then, please take care of yourself" Myungsoo said and I smile because of his concern. If you think I'm staying at Myungsoo's house , yes I am but not for free. I called my father for a few times but he didn’t answered me and when I go to that house , no one was there. Actually, I want to stay at hotel for the time being but Myungsoo insisting me to stay at his house.    "So, you don't have to come and visit me every day" I warned him . Actually, the house that I'm staying right now is Myungsoo's old house while Myungsoo stayed at his new house. Last night we have dinner together at this house to celebrate his appointment as a new CEO for the Paradigm Coorperation. I heard his father step down as a director because of his bad health condition and Ji Yoon currently hold Director position while Myungsoo hold CEO position. However, something about Myungsoo that bothered me a lot because he’s suddenly become rich. I know he’s a rich man but after he got this position he got more richer which he bought two sports car , new apartment that he currently staying and everyday he’ll invite me to eat at some five star hotel. To be honest I dislike that.   "You don't like me to come and visits you? " he ask me.   "Yes I am " I said straightforward.   "It's just I don't want be a troublesome for you" I said truthfully and he smiles again.   "Don't worry about that. We're friends right ? Besides, both of us will be busy with our own career after this" he explained to me.   "Thank you for everything" I told him.   "By the way, you really don't want to meet Minguk ? " he ask me. I really want to meet him so much but I have to restrain myself because I'm afraid at one point, I won't let him go forever.   " I want but I can't" I answered him.   " Then , is it the same with ' You love Woohyun but you can't ? "  his question makes me caught off guard.   " What do you mean?" I stuttered.   " Nothing " he's try to hide something from me which I don't know what is it. There's no way that he knew I lied to him.   Flashback.   "I'm sorry" I said and Myungsoo hugs me more tightly.   "But .... " before I can hear he continue his question , I saw the door is slightly open and Woohyun's pink-gray sport shoes slowly appear.   " Do you wish to be Woohyun's real wife? " he ask me. Since Woohyun is here , I should tell him lies so that he would hate me more and more.   " No  " I said forcefully   "Why?" Myungsoo ask again as he must be shocked.   "He's a bad man that I've ever met" when I said that Woohyun's shoes is no longer between the door anymore.   "What do you mean ? He's done something bad to you? " he releases the hug and demand my answer right now.   "No , it's not like that because it's just ...." I don't how to explain to him because I was lying.   "Just forget it" he said and continue..   "You need rest"   End of flashback   "Welcome back Doctor Lee!!"    "Hello Doctor Lee " everyone greets me happily today. I'm just absent from hospital for 5 days and what happened if I absent for a month or a year ?   "Woah, you come back so soon" Dr.Cho said to me.   "Yes Doctor. I miss my patients so much" I told him and he smiles.   "By the way , you should be careful as your injury need two weeks to recover fully " he advise me.   "Alright , thank you Doctor" I slightly bow.   "Dr.Lee!!" Nurse Jin called my name and hug me happily.    "Ouch" my suture is not fully recovered yet and that's why I feel the pressure and she hugs me.   "Oops, I'm sorry "      "It's okay"    "Omma!!" I ignored a boy that calls his mom. I'm very jealous of her though because I won't heard that anymore from my son. I'm glad as he must be studying at school happily right now.   "Omma!!"  he hugs my waist and when I look down , I saw a familiar cap that he wore.   "Mingukkie? " I kneel down to see his face closely and he really Nam Min Guk that I missed.   "Omo, my son" I hug him tightly and kiss his cheek, forehead and last but not list is  his lips.   "I miss you so much , how can you be here ?" I ask him.   "Appa is here is it ? " I ask him more.   Ehem , someone cleared and when I look at her , she's a completely stranger for me.   "I don't how he get into my car and he said that he wants to meet his mom so that's why I'm here to send him to you" a young women explained to me. So, Minguk comes here alone without his parents ?   "Thank you so much miss.... " I ask her name indirectly.   " Jung Soo Jung "   "Oh , Soo Jung-shi , thank you so much " Instead of saying you're welcome , she send me a delightful smile and then left.   "Minguk-ah , your father know about this ? " I ask him and he said no. I hug him again even though I still can feel the pain at the cuts. I'm still wondering what trigger him to do this kind of decisions?    +++   "Is it good ? " I ask him as he feed a triangular kimbap and he nods.    "It's delicious" he said. Many children hates food from hospital but he is an exception.   "Minguk-ah , is it something bad had happened at home ? " I ask him as I know he won't lie to me. He keeps quiet for 10 second , and then he started to talk.   "Ra Hee noona....." he stopped.   "Why? What is it ? " from his reactions , I can see he's so scared and I believed something bad had happened to him. However , he called Ra Hee with noona ?    "Ra Hee noona is a bad person" he said. What do you mean bad ?    "Bad ?"    "Eung"   "What did she had done to you" I ask him more.   "She... sometimes , she left me alone at the house"    "She left you?" I think that's too much !! Not even a week she stayed at the house and she dared to do something that can be considered as stupid actions. How can she left a 6 years old kid lived at the house alone without proper guidance ? Where is Woohyun then ? I think his wrist is injured enough to allow him driving a car.   " .... and sometimes she will hit me"    "She hit you ???" How dare she doing that ???? Before this , I keep backing up Ra Hee because I know she's going to change but apparently she's not. What Woohyun said is true which Ra Hee cannot be change forever.  One thing I'm very sure is I won't let her go after what she had done Minguk.   "Ne.. and I feel really scared " he adds.    "Omo, omma mianhae " I said as I hug his body gently. If only , I was there to stop all this. Before this , I am weak in front of Ra Hee's eyes but after what had happened to Minguk , I won't sit still and I have to do something. If Ra Hee fight for her position at the house , why not me ? If I can't win to get Woohyun's love at least I win to get Minguk's love.   Kring Kring Kring " Hello " I pick up a phone call from unknown.   " Is this Lee Kyung Gyu's daughter ? Lee Ya Na ? " a male voice asked me with a serious tone . I don't know why but I feel something is wrong.   " Yes I am "   " Okay Miss , I'm Mr.Im a policeman from Seoul Police Station...." police ?   " .... would like to inform you that your father involved in fire accident at his house and I'm afraid to tell that he couldn't make it alive " no way !! This can't be happening!! My father...   " Appa..." I murmured.   " So , you can come to Gimpo Hospital for body's confirmation " I hang up the phone call as soon as I heard everything from the policeman. It's just last week he called and talk to me but today , he's gone ?   " Omma" Minguk hailed me but I didn't show any response. I don't know what I have to do right now but my tears slowly fall down as I starts to accept the truth that I'm no longer have father. Before this , all good memories between me and him cannot appear from my mind but now , all the beautiful memories popped up rapidly and causes me to cry even harder.   " Omma , why are you crying ? " Minguk shakes me. I have to go hospital right now but how about Minguk ? Should I ask someone to take care of him temporarily ? Suddenly , I saw Sungyeol carrying his food tray to the table.   " Minguk-ah ...I have to go somewhere and you can't follow me so...." I saw Sungyeol was eating alone.   " Sungyeol-ah!!" he find someone who called out his name and then later, our eyes met.   " Sungyeol , come here !!" I urge him to come towards me.   " Be faster !"   " Yes Dr. Lee "   " I have emergency right now so please take care of my son for a while can you ? " I told him like a bullet train and he showed his blank face.   " Minguk-ah , please hear to anything that Sungyeol samchon said okay ? I have to go for a while and I'll come back later. I love you . "  I peck Minguk's head and hug him tightly.   " and Sungyeol , if someone search for Minguk..don't let them have him and wait until I come back " I give Sungyeol my last reminder and I hope he follows it.     +++   Flashback   " Yes !! I got straight A's " I jumped into excitement after I got my results and I can't wait to tell my parents about it.   " Appa , omma !! Look " I give them my results and they look at it blankly. Oh! I forgot they can't read letters.   " What is written here ? " my father ask my mother in slow voices.   " I'm not..." I smile when I watch their fad.   "Omma , Appa , look at my grades.. it's A+ " I point my grades on the paper.   " Woah , A+ ? " my father was shocked.   "Ne "   " Woah , my daughter was so smart !! " he hugs me tightly.   " Appa , omma , I promise , one day , I will change our life so that we can live happily without worried about money " I told them and they smiles proudly.   " Ya Na-ah , remember between love and money you always have to choose love okay ? " my mother advise me.   " Arraseo "   +++     " Yeobo , tell me where do you get this amount of money ??? " I eavesdrop my parents conversation. I still remember this one week he treat us with expensive food and I thought he's already have a good job instead of selling newspaper. Besides , we get new dress and shoes.   " I'm working "   " Working ? I don't believe you . What can you do if you even can't read and calculate things ? " my mother replied back.   " Shut up !! It's none of your business " I cupped my mouth as soon as he scowl at my mother.   " It's my business ! Tell me !! " my mother forced him. Please don't let bad things happen at this house.   " You really want to know ? " he suddenly took out a packet of white powder which I believed it was drugs. Omo , drugs ??? So , this week , we've been ate foods that was bought because of drugs sold. Then , my father is a drug dealer ?   " Drugs ?? " my mother hold the packet to get better view.   " What are you doing !!! Why you sells this !! Don't you pity us !! This is wrong you stupid !! "  she hits him several times on his chest but my father didn't budge even an inch.   " Why I sells this ?? This is all because of all of you !!! " my father push her hard until she fell down.   " Ha Na going to sit important exam this year and how I'm gonna pay her fees if I'm not working like this !! " he said in a loud voices with my mother's crying voices as a background.   " Ya Na is a smart kid and she's wants to be a doctor . Even though I'm stupid but I know how expensive the fees is and if I'm selling newspaper every day , our daughter will be like us and I don't want that !! " he's scowling to my mother and she still can't stop crying because of that. I really want to help my mother but my feet was glued as I'm scared of my father.   "I don't care what happened to me next but I care about what will happen to my family in the future " that is when my family is not the same anymore as they put priority on money than love.   End of flashback   " Ms.Lee ? " a doctor called me when I busy crying on the bench outside the , mortuary room.   " Ye...yes I am " I reply back and bow towards him.   " The body is ready and you can do body confirmation right now" he told me.   " Before that.. for your information , the body is 80% burnt so you might not recognized him but family relationship , who knows ? " he adds more and I stopped him before he leaves.   " Wait! I don't want to see him..I'm not that strong " I told him and cried silently. I've told my sister just now but her family will come tomorrow since they are still in Singapore and flight tickets were full.   " Oh , it's okay but we have few belongings that attached to him and you might want to keep it ? " he told me and there's two police officer come to us and the policewomen showed my father belongings to me. What I see is his wrist watch , burned clothes , and belt that put in the plastic wrap together.   " Appa..." my legs give away when I saw his wrist watch , burned clothes , belt and a letter that put in the plastic wrap together. I still remember that watch is my gift to him and as far as I’m concern it already broke but my father insist to wear it .   " Why ..." I hug them tightly as I hug my own father. Why do you leave me ? I don't even can treat you as a doctor and I don't even can cling on you for my wedding.   " Miss Lee .. be patient " the doctor said and left me with the two police officer. Before this , my sister or Woohyun that will hug and makes me calm but now ..there's no one by my sides.   +++   " We're sorry for disturbing you but we have to do our job " the policeman said but I didn't give them any reaction as I still shocked with what had happened.   " Go on "     " Before that , are you waiting for another family members ? " he ask me.   " Yes but my sister was at Singapore and maybe tomorrow she will arrived here " I told them.   " I see ... " he said   " Actually , Dr.Lee ..the results from autopsy stated that the reason of your father's death is not because evacuation from the fire..." what  ?   " ...but because of strong force applied on his head "   " Strong force..?" I repeat the main point of our conversations.   " Yes and we believed an individual or group of people have met him before the fire happened " the female said. So , my father died not because of accident but someone has murdered him ?   " Maybe , you suspect someone that related to your father ? "she asked me.   " No " I shook my head and then said..   " My father just released from the prison and from what I know he didn't involve in any criminal activities. Besides , he told me last week that he got job as a taxi driver " I told them.   " So ,  the latest you heard his voice is last week ? "   " Yes "   " Okay , so today , where are you and what are you doing from 8am to 11 am ? " he ask me.   " I'm at hospital as usual and my son with me too " I said truthfully.   " So, where is your husband and your son ? "   "  I don't know where my husband is but my son at the hospital and I don't want him to come with me here " I told them.   " How is your relationship with your husband now ? " wow,  that’s a strange question.   " We..we have some problems " I dislike how the officer ask me about my relationship with my ' fake' husband but are they suspecting Woohyun?   " I see , but by the way , here the list of number that your father contacted for this month ..." she give a full set list of numbers and the top one caught my eyes the most.   " and the latest number that he contacted is yesterday's night…do you perhaps know.." I didn't hear her explanation so much as I focusing on the top number of the list. This can't be him !   " Nam Woo Hyun " finally I said his name.   " Who is.."   " He's my husband " what is happening and why Woohyun involved in this case ?   " Where do we can find him ?"   " No no, it's not him ! " I told them with a loud voices.   " Relax Dr.Lee  , we're just want to question him that's all " he told me.   " I don't know where is him "

 

  Lee Seung Yeol   " Can I have this one please ? " I pointed at a cute panda bear doll.   " Yes Sir , do you want to wrap it ?" she asked me.   "No no it's okay but put it into cute paper bag " if you think I'll give this to my girlfriend , you're absolutely wrong. Actually , I have fall in love with a 6 years old patient named Ha Neul , Lee Ha Neul. Tonight she will undergoes a big surgery procedure and I promised her if the surgery succeed and she stay alive , I'll give her a big present.   "How much ? "   " 70 000 Won" I paid for the requested price.   "Thank you" I said and receive the gift bag as well. Ha Neul is someone meaningful for me and I thanked her a lot. Besides, she is my 2nd patient that I treat as attending doctor and she was diagnosed with stomach ulser last 5 month. My family is not in South Korea and my brother still furt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter