Episode 5

Between Me and You : Tragedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 5

Lee Ya Na

 

 

"Who is attending doctor for Min Ae ? " I ask her since attending doctor are responsible for their patients.

 

" Oh , Dr. Hwang. He's a new doctor for our department . If I'm not mistaken , he's transferred from HPB department " Nurse Jin explained.

 

" Dr.Hwang ? His full name ? Where is he ?" I ask her since I'm not sure which Hwang she's talking about and as far as I know there's no Doctor with ' Hwang ' surname in our department.

 

" Hmmm... Hwang Sung ... " someone cuts Nurse Jin and I believed he's the owner of the name.

 

" Hwang Sung Yeol imnida " when I turned back I saw a guy that once shared the same class with me at Hanyang University.

 

" Do you still remember me ? Sunbaenim ? " he said with his both hand in his pocket.

 

" Omo ! Both of you know each other ? " Nurse Jin ask us.

 

" No , we're not and it is not the time to know each other " I answered and I adds

 

" Dr.Hwang , we need to do surgery for Min Ae as soon as possible because there is abscess tonsillitis and may block her breathing " I said calmly even though I still feel shocked when Sung Yeol is in front of me right now .

 

Dr.Hwang nods. " Ne. I'm also suspecting she will have abscess tonsillitis but before this the symptoms is merely fulfilled. Luckily, we detect it earlier " Dr.Hwang said and I saw he's not alone as Dr. Cho also with him.

 

" What happened ? " Dr.Cho ask me as he is the team leader for our department and he usually the operating surgeon.

 

" We suspect Kim Min Ae, have abscess tonsillitis as her  neck swollen and she can't open . If we didn't do operation as fast as possible , her condition might be worse. " I said and Dr.Cho nods.

 

" Ne , we will drain the abscess by needle and remove her tonsil the same time " he said.

 

" Dr.Hwang please give her antibiotics and do a thoracic CT scan...while Dr.Lee please prepare for the surgery " Dr.Cho said and we nod.

 

" Ne " we said simultaneously. Hwang Sung Yeol .

 

Who doesn't remember the second playboy after Nam Woo Hyun ?

 

Flashback

 

Kring Kring Kring Kring

 

" Ya Na ! Wake up . School time ends already " Ra Hee tap my shoulders and I woke up instantly .

 

" Nae ? Really ? Okay " I put everything inside my bag and wipe my saliva that stained on my book . I didn't realize when I sleep . Luckily Mrs.Han didn't enter our class today because class monitor said , she had urgent meeting to attend .

 

" Let's go " Ra Hee lead and I believe , we are the last one to get out from the class .

 

" You will come to Woo Hyun house tonight ? " Ra Hee ask .

 

" Yes , I think I want to ask Mr.Nam to change the tutor . I'm so tired and busy these day . Besides , I have to help my sister at ddobokki stall " I lied the 'tired' and 'busy' part .

 

" Oh , really ? Actually , I want to be Woo Hyun's tutor and think I can teach him. Can you recommend me to his parents ? " Ra Hee uttered with begging tone . I knew she likes Woo Hyun and I just hope her for the best .

 

" Of course I can . Don't worry" I said as I walk over the stairs . I slowed my steps as I saw a lot of people gather in front of the gate. Is something bad happen ?

 

" Ya Na , noona ! " a cute little boy calls me which I knew he is Mrs.Han's son. How come he knows me ?

 

" Yes , do you call me ? " I pointing myself and he nods.

 

" Follow me " he pull my left hand and run with a full speed .

 

" Yah ! What are you..." I feel scared as the boy bring me to the crowd . Omg , what is happening right now ? Everyone was looking me and I can't stop him from running .  I can tell you that this boy is quite strong .

 

" Where are you... " I can't say the word ' going ' as he suddenly stop . Then only , I realized that I'm in a big circle of students . Every people that surrounds me, are watching me with judgment eyes . Did I do something wrong ?

 

" Baby , my love beautiful " I heard someone is singing and he didn't continue it . Everyone was try to look who is that voice belongs to including myself. Suddenly, in front of me , a circle that was formed just now , break and I saw a guy holding a microphone walking towards me. His left hand holding a few shopping bags and his right hand  holding a microphone. I squint my eyes to get a clear vision of  the person that walking towards me. My heartbeat even reach the maximum rate after I knew who is that guy was .

 

"나는 너를 사랑해 ,널 바라만 봐도,널 생각만 해도, 내 가슴이 설레와 (I love you , even by just looking at you , even when I just think about you , my heart flutters ) " he continue to sing until he's just a metre a part from me . I really wanted to run but I can't because it’s like my leg has been glued . Nam Woo Hyun , what are you trying to do ?

 

" Lee Ya Na " he uttered my name .The way he mentioned my name haunting me right now . He put down his microphone and also the shopping bags . I can saw , there's an expensive handbag , branded clothes and the latest handphone from Samsung . Then , he approach me step by step and I can feel like my heart going to explode on any time but I think, I manage to maintain my poker face .

 

" Lee Ya Na , please accept my present . If you accept it , move a step forward and that's mean you receive my love " every students cheering ' accept ' for a several times . Then , he continues.. "While , if it’s not , step back and that's mean.... " I step back without hesitant and left Woohyun and also the crowd dumbfounded.

 

" If you think you can buy my love with an expensive handbag , a dozen of branded clothes and a latest hand phone , you are wrong . I am not like that " I said with a monotonic voice and I saw Woohyun's disappointed face . Students starts to booing him and I feel really bad . Since, there is nothing more to say , I take my legs , turn around and walk , leaving him alone in the circle .

 

" Lee Ya Na " I stop my steps as I heard Woohyun's voice . I can feel something bad going to happen.

 

" Even though , you don't want to receive my love , at least , take this present and give to your e mother " my legs are weakling as he mentioned about my mother . How could he said that? How could he reveal my secrets ? But I can't blame him though because it is the truth.  Every student begins to whispering and chatting about me . I really scared when people eyeing me like that .

 

" Besides , you can sell those goods and get money from it , in case you'll sell your body " Woohyun, you are too much . With teary eyes , I turn around, walk step by step towards him and slapped him . I can hear all students’ gasps and shocked with my actions. I can feel my tears flowing.

 

" I know I am from a bad and poor family background but at least I know which one that I can buy with money and which one is cannot " I look at his eyes sternly and he sends me a smirk . I really mad when he thought me that I don't have dignity.

 

" People may find you , the richest guy in town but for me , you are the poorest . You want to know why ? " I wipe of my tears that can't stop flowing . Then, his smirk turn into a frown.

 

" Because you cannot buy something that is not using money . You can buy clock but you can't buy time , you can buy position but not respect and you can buy but not love " with the last sentence I said , I leave and not turning back , leaving Woohyun and his money.

 

End of flashback

 “ Dr.Lee ?”

 

“ Dr.Lee ?”

 

“ Dr. Lee Ya Na !” I jerked when I heard someone call me .

 

“ Ne ? Dr. Cho. You’re calling me ?” I ask Dr.Cho and his face tells me he indeed calls me.

 

“ I’m sorry” I said as I put my head down.

 

“ You’re going to be my assistant surgeon for this operation” he said and I nod .

 

“ Ne Doctor ”

Nam Woo Hyun

 

“ Food is ready!!” I said while put the plate on the dining table.

 

“ Appa, what is that ?” hungry Minguk straight away sit on the chair and smells the food.

 

“ I cook pork cutlet . Minguk-ah , this pork cutlet is different from what you eat at Namsan Tower . So it is not so tasty ” I said as give him a chopstick.

 

“ It looks good” his words create a smile on my face.

 

“ I know right ? Let’s eat “ I eat first , then only Minguk eat the food . I already cut the pork cutlet into small pieces so it’s easy for him to eat it.

 

“ Is it good ?”

 

“ Ne “ he said as he eat second slice of pork cutlet.  When I look at the empty sit of dining table , I can’t lie the fact that I miss my family.  During past time, dining table is the only medium to connect our family and strengthen the bond.  I really hope that , one day my father , my mother , my step mother and my step sister will eat here and play with Minguk because I can imagine how happy Minguk is wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter