Episode 13

Between Me and You : Tragedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPISODE 13

Lee Ya Na

 

“ Yayyy !!!” Minguk cheered as we’re finally arrived at Lotte Amusemement Park.

 

“ Are you happy Mingukie?” Woohyun ask him.

 

“ Eung”                            

 

“ Let’s go” Woohyun said as he hold Minguk’s right hand and I hold his left hand.

 

Past 5 days, has been the happiest day of my life. I’ve moved to Woohyun’s house as a ‘real’ wife and husband. However, every night he will sleep outside on the couch and I’ll sleep with Minguk in the room. I don't know why he prefer to sleep there and sometimes I caught him sleep on the bare floor without matress.Then, in the morning, I’ll make breakfast for my family and sometimes Woohyun will cook for us and we even cook together. Besides, every day he will send me to the hospital and fetch me when our schedule is not clashed. I have told my sister about it and she’s very happy for me. She also said “ you guys are miracle couple” .About Minjoo, I told her that Woohyun already married but she didn’t know I’m actually his ‘fake’ wife.  I can tell you, she’s very disappointed when she know this.

 

“ What should we play first ?”

 

“ The one that ride last few days”  I’ve no idea which games they talking about.

 

“ Ah, the bumping jesters…. Let’s go !!”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

“ Minguk can ride alone?” I ask Woohyun since I’m worried about Minguk’s safety.

 

“ Last time he rides alone, so don’t worry”

 

“ Ne…. Minguk-ah, be careful okay?” I said to  Minguk loudly after he entered the car. When I look at other parents, they really have fun with their children and us too.

 

“ Minguk-ah, look at me” Woohyun said as he film Minguk playing the games.

 

“ Omma, look here” Woohyun said and I look at the camera shyly because I have bad experience with the camera before. 

 

“ Don’t film me” I warned him.

 

“ Smile at the camera first” surprisingly I do what he ask me to do.

 

“ Awwh…my wife so pretty” I laughed with Woohyun’s compliment.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

 

“ You really sure wants to ride this ?” I ask Woohyun as he decided to play French Revolution which is a type of roller coaster.

 

“ Ne, you can ride after this and I will take care of Minguk” he said to me.

 

“ No. it won’t happen.. I’m afraid of height”

 

“ Really ?” he asks me and I nod.

 

“ Be careful” I warned him.

 

“ Don’t worry…. Minguk-ah, cheered for me !!”

 

“ Appa, hwaiting !! I will be here for you!” Minguk said to his father and I find it very cute. Minguk is tired already after playing more than  6 games at the amusement park.

 

“ Minguk-ah, let’s eat something after this okay?”  I said to him.

 

“ Ne , omma” if only you’re my real son.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

“ Should we go home now ?” I ask him after we ate at Gong’s Rice Ball.

 

“ Hmmm… should we take picture?”

 

“Take picture where?”

 

“ Wait, I ask someone’s help” Woohyun said as he go ask someone’s help while I’m fixing my long hair a bit and wipe soup stain on Minguk’s mouth.

 

“ Let’s do it” Woohyun carry Minguk on his arm and we take family picture together in front of Camelot Carousel .

 

“ Ready?” we do a simple family posing .

 

“  One, two, three” he clicked on the camera button.

 

“ Next pose please”

 

“ I know what we have to do”  Woohyun put Minguk down on the floor.

 

“ What…” I’m bit blank about all this thing.

 

“ Do it like me” I imitates Woohyun’s action by kneeling down on the floor. I’m on Minguk’s left while Woohyun is on his right.

 

“ Ya Na-shi, when he counts to two, you kiss Minguk’s cheek, got it?” oh, I can get the picture of it.

 

“ Oh okay”

 

“ Ready, one , two …” I kiss Minguk’s cheek and close my eyes.

 

“ Three!” finally , it’s done.

 

“ Okay, thank….” Woohyun thanked him but Minguk cuts him.

 

“ Wait, once again” Minguk’s said and we both surprised with his action.

 

“ Can you take picture of my parents” again, we both jolted with Minguk’s request.

 

“ Of course I can”

 

“ Are we disturbing you ?” Woohyun ask him.

 

“ Not at all, don’t worry” he said in ready mode.

 

“ Appa, kiss omma” Minguk give instruction to us.

 

“ I’ll kiss your forehead” he said to me and my hearts are fluttering the moment he grasp both of my shoulders and kiss me on my forehead.I shut my both eyes so that I can remember this beautiful feelings.

 

“ One, two , three” yes , finally it’s done !

 

“ Thank you Sir” Woohyun thanked him and get his camera bag.

 

“ Woah, all the picture is beautiful” he said as look at picture and I joined him.

 

“ Omo, Minguk is cute” I comment on our family picture.

 

“ Thank you for everything Ya Na-shi… you make Minguk’s dream comes true” he said to me and I reply him with a smile.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

 

“ Omo, should we try Tricon Tarrot? ” Woohyun said as he saw a booth set up there written ‘ Tricon Tarrot’.

 

“ No, I don’t believe in this” I said to him . Our future is written by God and not human.

 

“ But, try wouldn’t hurt right?” yes it wouldn’t hurt but I’m not feeling good about this.

 

“ But, if the results appeared to be negative would you believe them?” I ask him as I saw Minguk is eating a marshmallow dipped with chocolate.

 

“ Don’t worry… just assume it as an entertainment” he said and we all walk and take a sit in front of the tarot card reader.

 

“ Anyonghaesayo” she greet us and we greet us back.

 

“ Are you married?” she ask us and Woohyun said yes.

 

“ So, both of you can choose your own card” she said and slide all the blue cards which printed with some logo… then we chose it and again I really have negative feelings about this.

 

“ Okay, I’ll read your card…..and read your future of your love as well as career or success in life” she explained to us and read our card one by one.

 

My instinct is right as I saw her expression is gloomy and I know something is not right.

 

“ Hmmmm….” I heard she cleared .

 

“ Is something wrong with our card?” I ask her nervously.

 

“ Is not something wrong but I’ve never seen like this before…or in other words, it’s very complicated to interpret your cards” I really  hope I can escape from this nonsense thingy.

 

“ So, I will start with your love life…from what I can see both of you were destined for each other and no one ever be able to separate your feelings towards each other….” I felt relieved because of that. Then, I clasps Woohyun’s hand below the table because both of us so nervous.

 

“ ….. but, you must stay strong together because many people around you against your relationship and will do anything to break your love apart” this is all Woohyun’s fault … I really don’t want to know about this.

 

“ Then, your career life, both of you will experience only one failure with what you’re doing for lives” omo omo omo… is that’s mean one of my patients will die because of the surgery that was led by me?

 

“ So, overall my advice is, stay strong…. Because at the end…you’ll live happily ever after” I’m so touched when she said that because I’ve never imagine to live happily ever after.

 

“ Thank you so much for your advice and we will stay strong so that we will live happily ever after” he said to the tarot card reader and we bow simultaneously. I can’t deny all of things that she has been said  just now really important to me even though I don’t believe this kind of thing.

 

“ Appa, I want to poo” Minguk said.

 

“ Ne?Let’s go !Ya Na-ah, wait us here okay?” he gives me his camera and ran away to the toilet nearby.

 

“ Excuse me, miss?” someone call me and when I turn back I saw the tarot card reader  that I met just now.

 

“ Oh , yes ?”

 

“ Both of you didn’t married yet , am I right?” she ask me and how can she know about this?

 

“ Ne”I’m confused.

 

“ So, don’t get married first… one day the time will comes” she explained to me and I got goose bumps  so sudden.

 

“and here” she took out two of her bracelets and give it to me.

 

“ What is this” it’s a simple bracelets that using wood beads material.

 

“ This is the only moments that I have between my late husband and my daughter...this bracelets that always keeps me stronger day by day” 

 

“ So, you have to keep it…..not me” I give her back but she insists.

 

“ You need it more than me” why ? Is it because of the hard future that I will face later on?


“ Thank you” I said to her and she pats me.

 

“ and please take care of your son” she said that and leave me blank alone. What she meant? All parents take care of their children.

 

What is going on?

Kang Ra Hee

 

“ I’m sorry for your lost” Mr.Lim said, one of my late father acquaintance.

 

“ Ne, thank you for coming” I said and bow to him simultaneously.

 

“ Ra Hee-shi, please stay strong” another friend of my father send condolence message to me.

 

“ Ne, I don’t expect him to leave me this fast” I said and cried. I hope there’s no one realized my fake tears.

 

“ People come and leave...we, that still alive, should continue our life” I agreed and then look at my late father’s picture frame.

 

“ Appa, you should be dead long time ago….. and you should thanked me because if it is not me, you won’t be able to visit heaven right now ”

 

Flashback

“ Here” I give him a thick envelope that consist huge amount of money.

 

“ Do it faster and clean ..Get it ?” I hired a man to kill my father. I can’t wait my father to die anymore ! Because of him , I have to postponed my work and my job.

 

“ Okay ma’am”

 

“ Do not call me and we do not know each other okay?” I warned him.

 

“ Don’t worry”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“ Appa” I call him as I saw he laid on the hospital bed helplessly. I can’t see his face as all the respiratory devices wrap his face.

 

“ Ne..” he said weakly and look at me pathetically.

 

“ Why you take so much time to die?” I ask him and I realized he is struggle to answer me… he must be mad.

 

“ But, don’t worry because today is the last day you stay on earth because you will j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter