Episode 4

Between Me and You : Tragedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPISODE 4

Kim Myung Soo

 

Knock knock knock

 

" Get in " I said as drink a coffee that made by my secretary office earlier .

 

" Good Morning Sir " my assistant greet me and smile .

 

" Sit down . Tell me everything and make it fast " he do as what I said . Well , I pay him and he have to do what I ask him to do. Besides , I have an important event to attend later.

 

" Here's the file Sir " I took the file and when I open it there is a beautiful picture of a young lady with her biodata. " So , present me your outcome "

 

" Her name is Lee Ya Na . She is 30 years old and works as surgeon in Seoul National Children’s University Hospital . She is currently in last residence in pediatrician surgeon.  Then , her education background -  she was graduated from American Medical Universities and specialized in pediatrician . "

 

" I see . What an amazing lady . What about her family ? "

 

"Her mom is dead 10 years ago while his father is still in prison for and murder cases . She has an older sister which is 5 years older than her and she has a niece which is 6 years old. "

 

" Hmm , I want to know about her husband " I said as I look at the file. I couldn't find any man profiles. She has superb education background but her family is quite disconnect .

 

" Pardon Sir ? As far as I'm concern , she is not married yet . She is single and doesn't have a boyfriend "

 

" Then how come she have a daughter ? " I ask him .

 

" I think you're mistaken that her daughter is actually her niece , Lee Min Joo. Since her sister is not married and Min Joo doesn't have a father , Ya Na always take care of Min Joo's wellbeing as well as their family finances. Since they are too close , Minjoo call her sister omma and her , mommy . "

 

" Hmmm " I can't express many words as I'm too happy about the truth . I try to hide my smiles.

 

Knock knock

 

" Yes , get in " I said as I read Lee Ya Na’s profile.

 

" Sir , you have about 10 minutes to spend. Mr.Nam and your driver already arrived . " my secretary reminds me.

 

" Yes , I get it . You can go " I have to attend an event made by the Paradigm Trading & Cooperation a.k.a company that I serve now . As a CEO , I have to attend this important event as it is to appoint new person for the Chairman position , Vice President position and introduce new member of Board of Directors . Well the Chairman position would be filling up by my uncle and Vice President positions is conquered by my cousin.

 

Ring Ring Ring Yeah speak about my my cousin .

 

" Myung Soo , you're going to my event right ? " my cousin ask .

 

" Of course I'll go , my beloved sister , Nam Ji Yoon " I heard her chuckle .Even though we are cousin, I really love her as my older sister. Besides,  for 5 years since I'm living and accepted by Nam's family , I would say I am grateful and happy compared to my previous life . 5 years ago , my mother which is Mr.Nam’s younger sister, died because of Lung Cancer and my father was dead long time ago . I still remember my late mother once told me that she was abandoned by her family because she chose to marry my father which he doesn’t have anything to offer except his love. Since that, we’re living in poor condition and I’m tired of it.  Thanks to Nam Ji Yoon , I’m accepted to this family after my other cousin ( I don’t know his name ) left their house. 

 

" Okay then , see you there " she turn off her phone. Back to the Lee Ya Na's matters just now.

 

" Did you manage to find her phone number? "

 

Yoo Min Ah

 

" Are you ready to learn ? " I said as I paste a few big cards on the board. Today I wear a skirt below my knee as what Mingguk appa recommended.

 

" Yes!!" they said enthusiastically.

 

" Okay , so today we will learn about a family " suddenly the class noisy as I mention the word ' family ' . Every student started to mention

" Omma !! "

"Appa !!! " and everything.

 

" Ne omma , appa . So look in front . What is this thing call ? " I refer to the big cards that I paste it on the white board. There is a three piece ; pictures of a father , mother and a son which all of the printed in cartoon version . I link to one another so that they will understand more .

 

" Family !! " few students answered my question which I can't recognize who they are.

 

" Yes , family . But family what ? " everyone quiet when I ask a question.

 

" This is a family tree " I wrote the word ' family tree ' on the white board largely.

 

" Family what ? " I ask again .

 

" Family tree " they answered together as they already know the answer. " Good !”

 

“ Is the family living on the tree ?” a student ask and I laughed with his question.

 

“ No , it is not. It is ‘tree’ because they are connected to each other “ I explained to them and then everyone “ oooohhhhh “

 

“ This is my family” I heard Minguk said. Then he adds… “ Namu family” which I don’t understand what he’s talking about.

 

I was pointing on one of the picture which is 'father' . Since there are hangul written below the picture , so students would be able to spell and learn from it.

 

" Aboji " Minguk answer them alone.

 

" Correct Mingukie ! Then how about this ? " I was pointed at a picture besides it .

 

" Omoni " he adds .

 

" Good !! Woah you're so smart ! Then how about the last picture ? . I want someone else to answer them "

 

" That is Nam Minguk ! , because that boy got less hair same as Minguk " Manse's answer bring laugh to other students . Blank expression were all written in Minguk's face .

 

" Wait ! He is not Minguk because Minguk doesn't have a mother" Manse's statement really makes me jolted. Even though , I kind of like that the hope of Minguk doesn't have a mother but it must very hard for Minguk .

 

" I have a mother ! " Minguk started to shout . I can see he is on verge of tears.

 

" No , you don't "

 

" I have !! " he cried.

 

" No !! "

 

" Jun Man Se ! You can't say that . Stand up and apologize to Minguk . Or else , I will call your parents " I said while approaching Minguk .

 

" It’s okay , everyone have a mother. If not , how can you be born ? Don't cry okay " I said as I give him a hug and wipe his tears. Manse that is already behind me shows his guilty face.

 

" Minguk , I'm so sorry " Manse said and then they hug each other. Students that watching them give applause. I can tell Minguk is a strong boy as there are no tears on his face anymore and it’s like recent incident is not happening.

 

" Continue from this lesson , this is their son " I continue with the lesson . Then I repeat everything all over again as well as ask many questions to the kids.

 

" So , homework for today is , first open your drawing book " then all students show their different type drawing book .

 

" What I wanted you all to do is make a family tree of your own family . You must have a father , mother and your siblings. Do it in your creativity and I want you to put a picture of your father , mother and your siblings . Then , paste it in the drawing book . The whole family picture also possible . Understand ? "

 

" Ne !! "

 

" You also can ask your parents' help . Get it ? "

 

" Ne !! "

 

" Okay , and not to forget . I will pick you randomly to present in front and tell me about your family . Example, I want you to tell us about your father , mother and your siblings . Arasseo ? "

 

" Ne !! "

 

" Good, so there’s 45 minutes left.Let’s play a game , okay ?”

 

“ Ne “

 

I can imagine how happy I am if I can be Minguk's mother . The reason why I do all this family thingy is to make sure that is Minguk's appa really single and available. Even though this activities can't give a valid information about Minguk's appa status , at least they giving me a hope . A positive hope.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter