Episode 1

Between Me and You : Tragedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nam Woo Hyun

 

Kringgg Kringgg Kringgg * alarm clock is ringing *

I try to open my eyes but it’s very hard for me to do so . This is all because I stayed up until 3am last night just to get my job done. This week is indeed very tiring for me. As soon as I open my eyes , I look at the Robocar Poly printed alarm clock ....

" Oh no ! 7:30 already " I immediately wake up, switch off the alarm clock and look beside me . My son, Min Guk is still sleeping soundly and I had no choice other than to wake him up . So weird today, usually he's the first one to wake me up but now it’s the opposite.

" Min Guk-ah , wake up now " he open his eyes cutely and pouting .

" Are you sleeping well ? " I ask as I give him morning kiss on his lips .

" Ne . Appa are you sleeping well ? "

" Yes , I am . Come on , wake up now and take a bath " he stood slowly and I lead him to the toilet , undress and shower him simultaneously . Last week , I went to Japan for photographer exhibition for 5 days so my mother who is responsible to take care of my son . That's why I kind of little unused when my mother is not at home anymore . After done dressing my only son I started to dressing myself too .

 When I was teenagers I love to grow bangs and even now too but since I'm a father I have to change my style like an older a bit so I styled up hair (no more bangs ). Now is 8:15 so I have 15 minutes left to go for client appointment.

" Minguk-ah , appa can't prepare breakfast box for you . I'm so sorry " I pat him while putting the kindergarten cap . If you all think I'm a single father , yes I am . I'm who the one that going for work , cooks , doing house chores , handle a son and everything. In short, I do every duties that a father and mother did . Minguk's mother is nowhere to be found as she left after gave birth of Minguk and up until now I don't know what happen to her and I don't want to know.

" It’s okay . You're going to send me to school right ? " he ask as he place his both hand onto my shoulder . Afraid to look at his expression I hug him and said ,

" Sorry again , but I'm late to go for work . So I'll ask Sunggyu samchon to send you to school and then buy your breakfast. Arasseo ? " I hug him tight . It’s been a long time I didn't do this kind of thing .

" Ne , it’s okay appa " he hug me back.I knew he feels sad . Suddenly my phone rings.

" Hello , namu " why he’s still like call me that ? Not in mood to argue, I ask him straight to the the point.

" Hyung . Can you do me a favor?"

" Don't call me hyung when only you need me " even though its true I just don’t want to talk about it .

" Hyung , it’s about Minguk " I lock the door , get my camera’s bag and go to Minguk that wait for me in front of elevator .

"Why? What happen? "I knew he loves Minguk like his own son . Usually, if not my mother or me , he's the one that took care of Minguk's necessity .

"Can you send him to school ? " I ask him as we enter elevator. I just watch Minguk's action silently and merely smiles . I feel so bad for him though.

 "Yah , Woohyun you know that your son wants to go to school with you so badly , he miss... "

"I know”

" Appa , are you going to fetch me ? " Minguk ask me in the midst of talking to Sunggyu .

" Huh ? . Ne , mingukkie " after answering his question I talk to Sunggyu back .

" Since today I'm going to work for a half day so I'll fetch him from school and spend time with him wisely" Minguk run as soon as he get out from the elevator .

" Minguk-ah don't run” I warned my son. Then I talk to Sunggyu back “ So, don’t worry about it"

"Good to hear . I'm waiting at parking lot” Sunggyu and I lives in the same condominium and that's why it is easy for me to ask for his help.

“ Wait hyung , don’t buy him something that spicy . He’ll got stomach ache " I remind him . He once buy something spicy for Min Guk and he ended up got diarrhea.

“ Ne , arasseo . I’ve learnt my lesson”

" Ne , thank you hyung " I put off my phone and chase Minguk who is approximately 60 meters away far from me .

" Yah ! Nam Min Guk ! "

Lee Ya Na

 

" Dr. Lee ! " someone calls me from behind .

 " Yes ?" I turn around immediately and see Dr. Yoon walking towards me .

" Oh , Dr.Yoon " I bowed to my professor  . She is my lecturer when I studied in medical university long time ago . And now she is the Chief Executive for Pediatric Department.

" Congratulations for your successful surgery . I really proud of you . Even though you're in 2nd residence , but you showed me a great performance " she said as she pat my left shoulder .

" Oh , thank you Dr. Yoon . I just do what I should do . Moreover , it’s about life . If God wants he or she to lives , no matter how and when , they will live and vice versa . I'm just the ' medium' to help them. You taught me that right ? " I smiled to her .

" Yes , oh by the way , you can take a leave for a day . Other doctor will replace your duties. I know , it’s must be tiring standing in operation room for almost 8 hours". Indeed , yesterday night until this morning , I had operated one of my patient that diagnosed with leukemia and it is a tough procedur .Thankfully , everything was going smoothly because it’s my second times to be in operation room . In short , I'm a new doctor . I'm who the one can't contain my feelings just say ,

" Thank you so much Dr. Yoon " and bowed to her . Well , I think it’s time to go back home and sleep .

" Dr. Lee " again someone calls me , but it’s a man's voice . I turned around and saw a couple and a child walking towards me . Oh, I remembered , its Na Ra and her parents . Na Ra is the first  child or patient that I operated when I'm here . She looks very healthy indeed.

" Anyeonghaesayo " I bowed.

" Ne , anyeonghaesayo " all them said together.

" How your conditions ? Is it okay ? " I ask Na Ra who once diagnosed with kidney malfunction.

" Yes , I am . Actually , I will be discharged today so the reason why I'm here is I want to say thank you doctor ! " Na Ra said as she hug my waist . Touched by her actions , I hug her back .

" It’s my responsibilities , Na Ra - ya . Promise me , take care of your health , take care of your parents and don't you ever make them worried about you okay ?" I said to her which each of us talking on the same eye level . " Yes , I promise "

" Good ! "

" Dr. Lee . We don't know how to express our gratitude but honestly we felt really happy when our daughter becomes normal and healthy again . Thank you doctor for everything " her father said .

" Yes . Don't forget to give all the subscribed medicine to her and please do attend medical checkup for every 3 month . We have to make sure whether her new kidneys is functioning really well or not " I remind the married couple .

" Yes , we will "

" Okay , I have to go home now . We will see when I see you " I said that as I bowed to them . I hope there's no one call me again .

Ring Ring Ring….

Fine , now it’s my phone . What the...

" Hello ? Ya Na-sshi " oh no , it’s my sister .

" Oh , unnie , waeyo ? " I lazily answered .

" Can you fetch Min Joo today at her school ? I'm so busy with catering. There's a problematic worker who ... " before she's going to nag all day long about her problems I should stop it first .

" Okay ,okay I'll " I straight away put of the calls while she was talking . I'm so tired to entertain her complaints. So , my niece going to dismiss on 1:00 and now it’s 11 . Omo , 2 a hours to go . Argghh . I don't want to stay at hospital anymore so where should I go ? huh…  I’m craving for Harold’s Bakery .. should I go there ?

 

Nam Min Guk

 

" Chinguya ! Let's share our breakfast today " I heard one of my friend said loudly . I just remain sitting on my place and watch them . All of them gather at one place and show off their own breakfast box which they alleged it ‘fresh’ from home .

 There's a lot of comment I heard from here like ....

 " Woah , its looks delicious "

" I bring Strawberry cake "

 " Can I taste that ? " and a lot more . Comment that I hated the most is ...

" Mother's cook is the best " Huh , my appa's cook is the best in the world , you know .

" Minguk-ah , why you sit there ? Come here show us what you have " one of my girlfriends said . Man Se , my greatest enemy answered the question for me instead .

" Hahaha , he didn't bring his breakfast box today . Do you want to know why ? " please not again .

" He didn't have a mother to cook for him and ..... "

" Anyeonghaesayo , yah kids , please sit to your places now !! " Mrs. Han said as she entered the class. My friends , shock with her entrance just now , keep their mouth shut and follows her instructions . All of them hastily keep their breakfast box in the bag .Thank you so much Mrs. Han for save me . By the way she looks very happy today which is unusual .

" So , today our school received a new teacher !!!! " Every students hooraying including myself .

" Do you want to meet her now ? " her ? Yes , I have another candidate to be my appa's wife . I hope she is young and doesn't married yet .

" Ne " everyone said uniformly.

" Are you excited ? "

" Ne " everyone said uniformly and this even louder .

" So , Mrs. Shin please get in " There is moment of silence when she entered the class . She has a long wavy hair , big eyes , fair skin and beautiful smiles . However , there's something wrong with her attire . I think the skirt is not too long and if my father sees this , he'll be mad . "

“Anyeonghaesayo , Yoo Min Ah imnida " she bows and showing her smile beautifully . That's the moment when I know that she'll be the best candidate to be Nam Woo Hyun's wife .

                                                                           

Nam Woo Hyun

If someone ask me what is love ? For me ,love is fate . No matter you much you love someone, if fate does not on your side , you won't be together with your loved ones . However, the special thing is when fate wants you to be with your loved ones , no matter how far you run , you'll meet your destiny . In other words, destiny will finds you . Someone told me this. Well , I believe in that and still holding on to it until now . That's why I'm still single and waiting for the 'one' to come. I know how much Minguk wanted to have a mother so much but I didn't ready yet . I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter