Four

You're Messing with my Head

We left the pub and I felt my phone go off in my pocket. It was from Jackson: ‘Sorry. I’ve had a lot on my mind the past two days. Basically I need to talk to you about something.’

Well that was strange. But at least now I did have to worry about two of my friends being face down in a ditch somewhere. I typed a quick reply: ‘I’m here for you Jackson, let me know when you’re ready. I’m out looking for Junior!’

Of course, Jackson is one of my closest friends so I’ll be there for him whatever it may be. We walked a little bit up the road before I hear my phone ringing in my pocket. It was Jackson.

         

M: Hey man, you okay?

          J: Yeah, I’m…great. Why are you looking for Junior?

       M: He didn’t come home last night from partying with BamBam; I’m worried he’s fallen in a ditch somewhere and been robbed…or worse.

          J: You know he’s here with me, right?

          M: What?!

          J: Yeah, that’s why I left early. I got a text from him saying he had lost Bam and was pretty drunk, so I collected him and then brought him back to our room. I’ve been looking after him this whole time.

          M: (Sigh) Okay, we’re coming back now then.

 

I hung up and informed everyone that Junior was okay. BamBam was in utter relief. JaeBum was a little annoyed, YoungJae was just plain annoyed and I was a little angry. We headed back slowly kicking the ground. All three boys followed me to my dorm room to see Junior. I think the thought of him being okay get everyone’s spirits up as we talked non-stop on the way home.

I unlocked my door and opened it to see Junior curled up in Jackson’s bed asleep, while Jackson was reading a book in his desk chair. He had glasses on and his feet up on my bed. As soon as we walked in the door, he was out of his chair and pushing us out the door.

“Hey guys, he’s asleep right now, so I’d just leave him be. He was throwing up in the sink half an hour ago.” He said, closing the door behind him as quietly as he could.

“Why did you convince him to go out with you, Bam? You know what alcohol does to him.” scolded YoungJae. He raised his arm in preparation to slap BamBam across the chest when JaeBum caught and held his arm there.

“Don’t scold him, YoungJae; I think he feels bad enough about the state of Junior right now.” he said, looking pitifully at BamBam’s sad expression.

Getting his arm back to his side, YoungJae said, “Alright, but I expect you apologise to him, and all of us for that matter. If you hadn’t gone out and lost him then we wouldn’t be here feeling annoyed.” He was right of course, but I feel he may have been a little too harsh on him. Junior was safe and that really was the most important thing.

BamBam bowed his torso 90 degrees towards the floor. “I’m really very sorry everyone. Please forgive me. I promise to not leave Junior on his own on a night out again!” He said it loudly with his eyes closed.

“Be a bit quieter Bam, Junior’s asleep,” Said Jackson, smiling and ruffling up the smaller boy’s hair.

BamBam beamed at him. At least things were all okay now. YoungJae bid us farewell, saying he had work to finish before tomorrow and JaeBum told us he had a date, to which we all . BamBam said he was going to go clean his room ready for when Junior woke up and came home.