Nineteen

You're Messing with my Head
  • Here's the real chapter nineteen guys, So sorry about how long this took me, i've been kinda busy! :) Enjoy you little scrubs xxx 


I walked back to my room to gather my school books for the lesson to find Jackson asleep. Except he’d somehow crept over into my bed while I’d been gone. Probably sleep walking. It’s a good job he didn’t squish me in his sleep.

Class was boring, and got even worse when another text came through. ‘Your mother would be so disappointed with the monster her son has turned out to be. A pig.’ This person clearly didn’t know my mum. I needed to catch up with Yugyeom as quick as possible. I didn’t think my mental health was benefiting from all these down-putting messages.

Yugyeom opened his door topless. I won’t tell you I didn’t want to look, because I did.

“Have you come to rob me?” he said, and chuckled to himself. Honestly his jokes were lost on me.

“I’ve come to ask you about hacking that phone.”

“You’re a brick wall, Mark.” He said and moved out the way of the door. He disappeared into his dark room and I followed, shutting the door behind me. “What phone are wanting to hack into and why?” He asked and sat down at his desk.

The computer on his desk was the only source of light. It was bright too. He must find it hard to see in normal day light if he spends a lot of time like this.

“It’s this number that’s been texting me. They’re sending some horrible things.”

“Did you piss someone off?”

“Not that I know of.”

“Alright, give it here. It’s gonna take a few days, so you’ll have to leave it here with me if that’s alright.”

“Oh, a few days?”

“Yeah, it’s not an instant thing. The art of hacking takes time.”

“Right.”

“You don’t have any dodgy material on there you don’t want me to see, do you?”

“Define dodgy.” I asked, really not understanding what he could possibly mean.

“I mean nudes.” He said and took the phone from my hand.

“No. Definitely not.” I really didn’t know any type of person who did that kind of thing. At least I didn’t think I did.

“Right, well I’ll come find you when it’s done.”

“Thanks Yugyeom. This is a massive favour.”

“Who said anything about favour? I said I’d be expecting payment.” Yugyeom smirked at me with a dirty lok in his eyes.

“Oh yeah, what’s the charge?”

“Never mind, Mark.” He laughed and waved me off.

“I’ll leave you to it then.” He was still laughing at his desk when I closed the door. What a weird guy.

With class fast approaching, I headed out towards the University. It wasn’t until I was through the door that I remembered Gi-Eun would be there. I sat at the back and watched out for her so that I could hide. I know what you’re thinking: What a coward, but you didn’t understand. This was number one on the embarrassing-things-to-happen-to-me list and if I had to sit in a room where she could see me, I would combust into a million pieces.

She was sat at the front already. Her hair down over her face and her eyes staring at her textbook. At least she wasn’t looking for me.

Class went by slowly with me staring at the back of her head, poised and ready to duck if she decided to move her head around the room.

As soon as the bell rang, I was out of the door and running home. My bag slapping my back as I went. I opened the door to my room and slammed it.

Jackson was sitting at his desk. His back to the door.

“Where’s the fire?” He asked, not turning around.

“The fire was in class and it goes by the name of Gi-Eun.” I said, dumping my bag on the bed and taking my coat off.

“Why are you running from her? She’s half the size of you,” he said, writing something down on a piece of paper.

“It’s embarrassing.” I threw my coat at the hook on the door and missed. I didn’t have the energy to go and pick it up.

“You’ll have to face her sooner or later.”

He was right. I was on the same course as her, so she’d be hard to avoid for a whole year.

“Is it too late to switch majors?” I said, because very serious.

Jackson started laughing. “Yes.”

We sat in silence for a while, and my stomach started to rumble. “Wanna go get dinner?”

“I said I’d get dinner with Yugyeom, wanna join?”

I felt a little better about Yugyeom knowing what had happened, but I wasn’t sure I would be able to sit through a dinner without feeling like I’d want to punch him in the head.

“Sure.”