Fifteen

You're Messing with my Head

When I got back to my room, Jackson was laying on his bed, reading a magazine. His trousers were undone, his shirt was pulled up so I could see his stomach, and his bed sheets where everywhere.

“Oh, uh. Hey Mark.” He said quickly rebuttoning his trousers and pulling his shirt down. I had no clue what he was doing or had done, but I didn’t really care to know right this minute. All I wanted to do was crawl into bed next to him.

“Hi, are you alright?” I asked talking about our conversation earlier as I took my coat and shoes off. I sat on the edge of his bed, while he scurried to hide the magazine and tidy the sheets. He looked a little uncomfortable.

“Uh, yeah. I’m fine, why?” He smiled.

“Well, you seemed pretty mad at me before.” I smiled.

He laughed. “Oh, yeah, I’m fine now. I had a good chat with Yugyeom and he helped me see your side of things.”

The sound of Yugyeom’s name made my smile falter. They’d been talking, what else had they done?

“Oh, okay.”

“What’s wrong? You seem upset.” I’m glad he noticed.

“It’s nothing. What did you get up to?”

“With Yugyeom? We just had a chat and played some games. I owe him a pizza.”

Why the hell did Jackson owe him a pizza? What kind of game could they have been playing that led to payment?

“Did you have fun?” I really didn’t think I wanted to know the answer, but the thought of not continuing this conversation and not ever finding out what happened would kill me.

“Yeah, lots of fun.” He started. “You should hang out with us next time too.”

What kind of sick, dirty things was he thinking I would do.

“I’m not some cheap , Jackson.” The words slipped out of my mouth before I could stop them.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” he asked, and suddenly the space between us seemed to small. His eyebrows twitched in anger.

“Oh, I don’t mean.”

“He’s my friend, Mark, it’s not like that.”

“I was your friend.”

“That’s different.”

“I don’t see how it is.”

“For someone so smart, you’re being really dumb.”

“Oh, screw you, Jackson. You’re hanging out with him all of a sudden, so now you must not like me anymore. That’s fine…actually, no its not. I like you too. There’s your answer. I’m going to stay at BamBam’s. Don’t call me.”

“Mark!”