Let's Go to the Movies!

Feels Like a Fantasy

This was my last week of training and I was getting more and more anxious by the day, thinking about the real action to start.

Am I really ready to be the main lead of a drama? I was immersed in my thoughts when I was interrupted by my phone buzzing. What now? This is supposed to my break time… I looked down at my phone and saw I received a message.

(Everything said is in Korean now.)

From:

Hey, you busy??

To: E.V

 

From: E.V

Nah! Why??

To:

 

From:

Come to my recording studio!! :)

To: E.V

With that I stood up lazily from the couch and head out the lounge. I walked down two flights of stairs and on to the recording studio Mino spends most of his time in. I knocked on the door and someone opened it from the other side.

“Hey!” Mino smiled brightly.

“Sup!” I nodded my head up as a greeting.

“How was your work out today?” Mino said as he led me to sit on a chair next to his by the controls.

“Ok, nothing out of the usual,” I answered nonchalantly. “So, why’d you call me over?”

“Oh! I want your opinion on somethings,” Mino asked, quite shyly I must add.

“Ok, shoot,” I said encouraging him.

“Listen to these tracks and tell me your honest opinion. I know you are my fan, but try to be objective.”

“Sure thing!”

Mino handed me a paper with the lyrics to the song and then pushed some buttons here and there and a song started playing. It was a hip hop song; the beat in the intro was so unique that I had never heard a track like it. It somewhat reminded me of the tracks Zico produces. I listened to the flow of the rappers and I could distinguish Mino right away. I looked down at the lyrics and I could understand most of them, only at parts the rap was too fast for me to follow it on the paper.

When the chorus hit in I swear I could have fallen out of my seat: it was the catchiest thing ever! I was bobbing my head to the beat and truthfully enjoyed the song. By the sound of it, Mino was the only rapper, so there was no featuring.

The track ended and Mino looked at me while I collected my thoughts. While I was listening to the song I didn’t read the lyrics too much, I just went along with the feeling. I quickly read the lyrics and lightly underlined any things that I did not understand and parts that I did not particularly thought were good.

“Well, I can tell you this,” I started telling Mino. “The beat is amazing!! The chorus is catchy, and the lyrics are awesome as well. However, I think you should find a better way to rephrase this part,” I pointed to one of the lines on the paper. “It has a good concept, but the other lines give a bigger impact than this one, so you could work on this one. As for this line,” I pointed to another line,” I'm not sure what it is supposed to mean so I will leave that to you to work on.”

“Waahh…” Mino finally let out the breath he was holding through the whole time. “You talk just like Yang sajangnim; so scary. But at least you have a much gentler voice!” He smiled at me. “Ok, that is the first song,” Mino said as he started to push more buttons on the control desk.

The next song started and I was immediately iffy about it. It was the type of track that one has to listen to several times to get used to. I listened to it as objectively as I could. The first person began to rap and I was instantly taken aback by his voice. It was deep and it sounded very fierce, however, it was a contrast to his cute personality that I knew from variety shows: P.O was killing the track!

I was mesmerized by the voice that I almost didn’t hear when the chorus hit. Again, it was catchy, but this time in a different way as the first. Later another rapper began his part, but I could not decipher his voice at the beginning though it was very familiar; this was like if I were part of “King of Masked Singer”!

The track ended in a short while and I looked over at Mino, “Who were the featuring rappers? I recognized P.O, but I couldn’t really pin point the other person, though he sounded familiar…he reminded me a bit of Incredible.”

“Oh!! You're right!” Mino looked at me a bit shocked.

“Aha! So it was like a friends’ reunion.”

“Yup!”

I read the lyrics and they cool, I would listen to the while working out. They had a certain vibe to them that made me feel like I was the best. I explained this to Mino and he just nodded.

“The beat at the beginning is hard to listen on the first try, but it should get better by multiple listens. It’s cool.”

“Ok! Now here is the last track for now,” Mino put on the next track.

This track reminded me of Zico’s productions. There was something that screamed out his name. When the first verse began I literally drop the paper with lyrics and my pencil, my mouth fell open as well. Zico was the first rapper and just by listening to his vice and the way he worded his lines I knew I had nothing negative to say about this track. Mino soon began the next verse and again I was stumped about what I should say. I have a feeling these tracks are just all finished products and Mino just wanted to show off…. How can I say anything bad about these? I only have compliments.

 When the last track ended I looked at Mino and scoffed, “Are you serious? What do you want me to say about these songs??”

“Why? Are they that bad??” Mino looked at me with concern in his eyes, clearly he misunderstood my words.

I face palmed myself and looked up at him, “Dude, these are all awesome! I have nothing to say. I tried to make my opinion as object as possible, but even then I have nothing bad to pick out. These are all finished tracks aren’t they?”

“Heheheh~!” Mino laughed awkwardly. “Yeah….”

“I knew it,” I hissed. I rolled my chair over to him and punched Mino on the chest playfully. “Show off!”

Mino put his hand over the spot on his chest that I hit, his face expression as if offended. All I could do has smile at his silliness and got up to leave to my Korean lessons which will start in a couple of minutes.

“You're leaving?” Mino asked worried as if he were the cause for me leaving.

“Yes, I have a class to attend to,” I assured Mino.

“Oh… OK! Fighting!”

“Ne!”

I walked out of the room and headed to my Korean lessons.

--

I was sitting in the lounge again, after my Korean lessons. The rest of the day was free to me since my acting teacher called in sick.

I browsed through the internet and saw that a new movie had just come out. It was an action movie about some a man who witnessed a murder scene and was wrongly being sought out by the police and the murderer was after him as well because he saw the man was a witness.

I was intrigued, I like action movies, but I did not know who to go to the movies with at this time. Just then someone came to mind, He messed with me today, so he will pay!

I called him, but he was not picking up. Just when I was about to hang up he answered his phone.

“Yeoboseyo,” Mino picked up on the other line.

“Are you busy?”

“Ahh…ummm… yeah?”

“Oh… ok,” I said a bit disappointed.

“Wait, why? Do you need something?” Mino asked before I hanged up.

“No, I just was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies, but you're busy.”

“Oh! What movie did you want to see?”

“The new one about the guy running away from the police and a serial killer,” I told him.

I then heard Mino talk to someone far off from the speaker. After several seconds passed he talked again, “Actually, I'm at the movies with a friend. We are planning to see that movie as well, do you want to join us?”

“Ahh… umm…. I don’t want to bother you.”

“No, it’s ok! My friend is fine with it as well,” Mino assured me. “Come over to the direction the movie theatre, I'll send you the address through SMS.”

“O-ok! See you there,” I hung up and headed to where my manager was.

I saw him sitting at a desk with a computer; he was most likely playing online.

“Oppa, can you take me somewhere?” I asked.

“What about acting class?”

“It got cancelled. I have the rest of the day off.”

“Ok, where to?” My manager got up from his seat and we both headed to the car I was borrowing right now.

“The movie theatre, here is the address,” I took out my phone and showed the message I got from Mino.

“You're meeting up with Mino?” My manager said with a raised eyebrow. “You know that is very risky right?”

“I know, but nobody could recognize that I am a girl with my baggy clothes and oversized hoodie.”

“Fine,” Kwon manager started driving to the movie theatre.

I was mesmerized by the vividly lit streets we were passing through; the sun had gone down already since it was almost 9pm.

When my manager told me we were close to the theatre I texted Mino. I soon received a messaged saying that we would meet up at the entrance of the theatre.

We arrived at the underground parking lot, and both of us got off the car. Kwon manager walked me to the theatre so that he made sure I did not get lost in the large plaza. We walked in to the movie theatre waiting area and I soon spotted Mino. He stood close by another person; they were both wearing rather similar clothes, like loose sweatpants and large hoodies.

Mino looked up and saw me right away. The only reason why we recognized each other instantly is because we are used to seeing each other in the type of clothes we are wearing right now, also because we saw each other earlier today and we were wearing the same clothes as then.

Mino neared my manager and me. “Annyeong haseyo,” Mino greeted my manager and my manager did too.

“Take care of her, don’t get caught doing anything bad,” Kwon manager said in a serious tone.

“Don’t worry,” Mino assured my manager. “I can take her home after we finish the movie.”

“Alright, enjoy the movie.”

To any passerby, this scene would look like an overprotective brother escorting his dear little brother to a play date with his best friend. I hope nobody finds out exactly who we are though.

My manager left and I walked by Mino, both our hoodies covering our faces, plus we were wearing surgical masks. We didn’t stand out too much since most teens wore the same thing we are.

Mino and I neared his friend.

“Yah! I thought you said you were inviting a ‘really hot’ actress,” his friend joked quietly.

I looked up shocked, did he just say “‘really hot’ actress”? I looked at Mino who was blushing a bit now. Wait, that voice; I’ve heard it before!

I looked up to Mino’s friend who was also wearing a surgical mask. I looked at his eyes and I instantly say the small, light birthmarks under his eyes. Right when I saw him my eyes opened wide in recognition. I bowed slightly, so that people don’t become skeptical if I did a deep bow, and greeted him. He also bowed slightly and greeted me.

“Here, I got you your ticket,” Mino gave me a piece of paper that looked like a receipt.

“Ah! Thank you!”

“Do you want something to eat while we watch the movie?”

“Are you getting something?”

“No, we are probably going to go eat afterwards,” Mino pointed to himself and his friend. “Oh!! Let me quickly introduce you two,” Mino finally realized he didn’t introduce us. “E.V, this is my friend Jiho,” Mino introduced his friend to me. “Jiho hyung, this is my new friend, E.V.”

“Annyeong haseyo,” Jiho greeted me, extending his hand to me.

“An-annyeong ha-haseyo,” I stuttered, I took Jiho’s hand and shook it. I- me- ah- whaa-umm, HAA!!!! My brain could not function correctly. I was like a robot having a malfunction because of an excess of information being plummeted into it. I. Am. Standing. Next. To. Freaken. ZICO!!!!

“So, are you going to get something to eat,” Mino asked me again, breaking my inner-fangirl out of her stupor.

“Ah…. No, I'm fine,” I finally managed to get out.

“Ok, let’s go in before the movie begins,” Mino led the way. I followed close behind, and Zico walked behind me.

I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming, I was chanting in my head.

“Ma’am, your ticket, please,” a worker called for my attention.

“I'm dreaming!” I blurted out in Korea without thinking. I soon realized this and saw the confused face on the worker’s face. I quickly handed him my ticket and walked off without thinking.

“Ma’am-” the worker began as he waved the ticket out for me to take back, but was cut off by Zico who took my ticket and held his own to the worker to check.

“Kill me now!” I muttered to myself as I walked without destination.

“Hey,” I felt someone hold onto my shoulder, “The theatre room in this way.”

I turned around and followed the person who had directed me to the correct theatre; it was Zico. I blushed intensely, why is this happening to me?? I shouldn’t have come…. Why does meeting Zico make me like this? I can't breathe! I didn’t even act like this when I met G-Dragon, for GD’s sake!!

I stopped tormenting myself when I saw Zico standing at his seat; he looked at me and pointed to the seat between Mino and himself.

“I want to die,” I muttered to myself again as I walked to my seat.

We all took a seat. Mino was almost sprawled all over the place, with his legs wide open and both arms taking the arm rests at his sides. I was involuntarily pushed to sit closer to Zico because of Mino. Zico on the other hand was slightly comfortable; his legs were a bit open but not as wide as Mino, and his arms were crossed on his chest. Because of these boys I had to sit with my legs achingly closed, and my back was almost completely straight. I could barely breathe, due to the closeness. The seats were that of regular movie theatres, but we could not just sit anywhere. We basically had assigned seats.

The movie started to play but I was not a 100% comfortable. After 30 minutes of watching the movie I started to drift asleep, since I was tired from today’s lessons. I would jump start once in a while. I soon forgot about whom I was sitting with and let my legs relax which caused them to bump on to Mino’s right leg and brush lightly against Zico’s left leg.

I rested my head back against my seat as I slumped down slightly and tried to focus more on the movie. Once I was comfortable I actually enjoyed the movie. I was so caught up in the movie that I was actively cringing or encouraging the main character every once in a while. Looked to my left and saw that Mino had fallen asleep while watching the movie. I turned to my right and saw that Zico was intently watching the movie, but the look in his eyes said that he was tired as well. While I was observing Zico he turned to look at me abruptly.

Oh my GD!! He caught me staring! What do I do? Look natural! Turn forward again! Yah!! Listen to me!! My head was screaming to me, but I was stuck. Zico was staring straight down at me as I looked back at him. A blush started to form and I then decided to turn around. I cleared my throat softly and tried paying attention to the movie. Through my peripheral vision I saw Zico turn forward as well.

The movie was now at its ; the man running away was now inside an abandoned house, hiding from the serial killer who had a really ugly-looking knife. I shrunk back in my seat, I was so into the movie once again that I was silently screaming at the main character to run out of the house, and cursing the police who were nowhere in sight. I leaned forward in my seat when the main character was cornered by the murderer. They then started to fight against each other when the main character managed to knock the knife out of the culprit’s hand. I sat up straight on my seat this time and was silently hoping the cops get at the scene fast.

Finally, the main character managed to stab the killer, and just at that moment the police arrived. I raised my hands in frustration, “Where are the cops when you need them?”

I then heard someone trying to muffle their laugh. I looked over at Zico and he was leaning over to the empty seat to his right as he covered his mouth with one hand and his other hand on his stomach.

I smiled because I knew he was laughing at me. This would not be the first time someone laughs at my reactions when we go see movies; all my friends would say, “I think I had more fun watching E.V’s reactions than the actual movie!”

Soon the movie ended and I shook Mino lightly to wake him up. He woke up with a startle, “Eh? Ah… Uh!! I missed the action,” Mino sighed. I just looked at him and smiled at his deep sleepy voice.

“Yah! Let’s go,” Zico announced as he stood up and stretched slightly. I stood up and stretched as well.

“Well, that was a good movie,” I muttered.

All three of us walked out of the theatre room and headed to the parking lot. Zico led the way as Mino slumped over my shoulder because he was too sleepy and lazy to walk on his own, so I had to carry half of his weight. I didn’t mind; I always did this with Alex back in college, we were just really close friends.

Zico looked back and saw Mino being dragged by me.

“Yah! Walk on your own,” Zico playfully hit Mino on the head and took his weight off of my shoulders. “Are you ok?”

I just nodded and followed them to what I am guessing is Zico’s car, since I did not recognize it.

Zico opened the back seat door and pushed Mino in. I looked at Zico confused and he must have seen it because he said, “Ride in the front, this lazy bum can sleep in the back.”

“Hyung, I heard that,” we heard Mino from inside the car. I just smiled at their way of treating each other, almost how I treated Amy’s boyfriend, Chris; we were that close to treat each other as siblings.

I got in the front passenger seat and was greeted by Mino’s creepy face when I turned back to see how he was. I jump with a small ‘squeak’ slipping through my mouth. I covered my mouth and looked forward. I put on my seatbelt and so did Zico. He started the car and head out the parking lot.

“Do you want to go eat with us?” Mino asked.

“Won't it be risky?” I asked back.

“No, and if there is any trouble I'll handle it,” Mino assured.

“I'm not worried about you, I'm worried about Zico-sshi,” I joked earning a pout from Mino. “I'm kidding, but still, what if you get in trouble? And I haven’t even debut as an actress either.”

“Are you hungry??” Mino pushed on.

“Yes…?” I said, unsure about where this was going. Zico was not doing anything about Mino trying to persuade me either.

“Then you are coming to eat with us,” Mino said with a lively smile.

“But-but…” I started.

“No ‘but’s, you are coming along,” Mino commanded.

I nodded since it was useless going against Mino. This is the first time I am peer pressured into going to eat, what is wrong with this picture?

We soon arrived at a restaurant. Right away I knew where we were: Samgeori Butcher’s. The restaurant Yang sajangnim opened in 2015. I had not been here yet, but I had seen pictures of it online.

The three of us stepped out the car and headed inside the restaurant; Mino and Zico leading the way. We were told to sit wherever we wished and Mino chose a table at the far back of the restaurant since it was quite deserted. As a matter of a fact, most of the restaurant was deserted, only a couple of tables were taken by young people around our age. I checked my phone and it indicated that it was 12:43pm.

*Gasp* I'm going to get murdered by Hwang Ssabunim if he finds out I am eating outside of my schedule.

Mino must have noticed my reaction. “Are you ok?”

“Ahhh…hahah! Right now, yes; tomorrow, no,” I told him while I scratched the back of my head.

“Huh? Why?”

“Hwang Ssabunim,” was all I had to say to get an understanding look from Mino.

“It’s ok. Then, hyung and I can just eat everything while you just see us,” Mino said with a wide smile on his face.

“Andwaeyo! I'm eating too,” I said with a slight pout.

“Are you ready to order?” a waitress came to us.

Mino and Zico took charge of what we will be eating tonight.

Soon after our food arrived; it filled the entire table. The waitress lit the charcoal grill at our table for us and left.

Mino took charge of the meat cooking, and Zico just kept ordering Mino to pass him some food from here and another from somewhere else. I just sat silently because I did not know what to do, and I was also trying to have rational thoughts as I sat in front of Zico.

“Have you been here before,” Zico asked me.

“No,” I turned away quickly to cleared my throat. “This is my first time coming here.”

“She doesn’t go out much; she spends most of her time at YG studying,” Mino informed Zico.

“Oh,” Zico nodded.

“Have you gone out around Seoul?”

“No, I haven’t had much time off; today was my first free day in 2 months.”

“Really? How long have you been in Korea?”

“2 months.”

Zico’s mouth opened in an ‘O’ shape in surprise. “Seriously, so you literally got here and started working?”

“Well, I'm not actually working right now, I'm just training. My work starts in about one more week.”

“Yeah, hyung, she has been really busy. And she has really changed, you should have seen her when she got here, she did not know Korean and now she has a much better vocabulary than I do,” Mino told Zico. “She also used to be flat, but now she has curves as well.”

“Oppa!” I shot Mino a glare. How embarrassing! He’s talking about me to Zico, IN FRONT OF MY FACE!! You're going to pay for this Song Minho!

“Hahaha! You better be careful, Mino, she looks like a fighter,” Zico slapped Mino on the back as he took a piece of meat off the grill and made himself a lettuce wrap.

I smiled at their interaction. I looked down and took the lid off of my bowl of rice. I took my chopsticks and dived for a piece of meat before it disappeared into Zico and Mino’s mouths. I took a spoon full of rice and put my pork on top and eat it.

“You look like a native Korean person when you eat,” Zico mentioned.

“I know right, I've told her before but she won't believe me,” Mino added.

I just smiled as I felt a blush form, why did they have to stare at me eat?

Mino and Zico were talking to each other as we ate. Occasionally they would ask me things about what I thought on what they were talking about, but usually I would agree with Zico to mess with Mino.

It took us almost an hour to finish eating; well, more like it took Mino an hour to eat. He ate most of the food on the table. I stopped eating after I finished my bowl of rice because I was well aware I would have to work out double time tomorrow, and Zico didn’t have much of an appetite so he also stopped after he finish his rice. The rest of the time I was just observing Mino devour the rest of the pork meat and chilly paste soup we were sharing with his exaggerated face expressionso I loved to see him eat with.

We finally got up to go to the cashier and pay for our food. Mino told me to not even think about getting my wallet out even before we got up from the table.

“How much for everything?” Zico asked the man at the cashier.

“Ah! Hyung, I can pay,” Mino began to protest.

“No, I'm paying,” Zico shushed Mino.

“But, hyung, you also paid for our movie tickets,” Mino insisted.

My eyes widened, Zico paid for our movie tickets?

“Move aside, I'll pay,” Zico lightly pushed Mino to the side. “How much is it?”

“It is a total of ₩46,900.00 (approx. $41 USD),” the cash register man said.

*Gasp* That much?  I thought food in Korea was less expensive. I have to somehow thank him later.

Zico finally paid and we headed out the place; our hoodies covering up our faces. Mino rode in the front seat this time and I took the back seat.

Zico drove, “Where do you live, Erika?”

“Oh! Hyung we live in the same apartment complex,” Mino told Zico.

“Really? Why do I not believe you?” Zico took a skeptical glance at Mino, “Is it true, Erika?”

I nodded. He is calling me on first name basis already?

NO! NO! Don’t make any strange scenarios!

But he called me Erika! Only my family calls me Erika! I love my name now!!

Yah, idiot! Get your head straight!

While I was fighting against myself we arrived at Mino and my home.

“Well, see you later hyung!” Mino told Zico and Zico nodded in agreement.

“Thank you for the movies and dinner,” I said to Zico as I was about to climb out his car; Mino holding my door open.

“You're welcome, it was my pleasure meeting you, Erika,” Zico smiled back at me.

I stumbled out of his car and had a hard time simply standing up. I took Mino’s arm to support myself, what did Zico just do to me?

Mino and I walked in the building and Zico drove off. The elevator arrived and Mino pushed my floor’s button.

“Did you have fun today?” Mino asked me.

I was now just forcing myself to not smile like a stupid idiot in front of Mino. I nodded in response.

“That’s good! Now that I think about it, this was your first time out in Seoul right?”

“Yes.”

“AWE!!” Mino playfully poked my arm as he shrugged his shoulders and tiled his head to one side with a creepy smile. “I was your first date in Korea!”

“Oppa, Jiho-sshi was there too!” I protested and this made Mino make a hurt expression.

The elevator announced our arrival to my floor. Mino followed me as I headed to my apartment.

“You don’t have to follow me, you know?”

“Uhmm, I know!”

I punched in my code and opened my door. I looked up at Mino and smiled, “Thank you for today, it was really fun! Please tell Jiho-sshi that it was a pleasure meeting him too, I didn’t get to tell him earlier.”

“I'm glad you had fun, and I'll tell him, have a good rest,” Mino said. What he did next surprised me too much: Mino leaned in and gave me a peck on my left cheek. I instantly turned red and Mino turned quickly and left as well. I walked into my apartment like a lifeless person.

I subconsciously took of my shoes and headed to my room without seeing my manager who was watching TV in the living room. I walked into my room and closed the door.

Leaning against the door I touched my left cheek, and blushed. But then another thought came to mind.

“‘It was a pleasure meeting you, Erika,’ he said,” I finally smiled like an idiot. I slid down to the floor still close to my door. “‘It was a pleasure meeting you, Erika,’ Zico told me!! Ahhhahahahaha!!” I covered my face and laid face down on my bedroom floor as I kicked my feet in the air.

Why do I feel like this? Zico is just a person like me, like Mino. I think I'm going to die of a heart attack if I don’t stop hyperventilating over him.

 I sat up kneeling on the floor with my hands on my face, “But I don’t want to die now!! I need to see him again!! Let me live!!!”

“Yah!! Do you know what time it is? Go to sleep, you have a schedule tomorrow!” Kwon manager pounded against my door.

“Sorry!! I'll go to sleep now!”

I got up from the floor, still with a weird, creepy, stupid, over excited smile on my face as I walked out of my room with my pajamas in hand.

“What did I tell you, go to sleep!” Kwon manager reprimanded me.

“Bu-but, I need to take a shower,” I said innocently.

“Haaah….” Kwon manager breathed out. “Just go, quickly.”

 

-----------------------------------------

Zico has been making me happy the past few days because he will FINALLY release 말해 Yes or No!!

Simply listening to that song on Gag Concert and SMTM4 is not enough for me... and plus! The Quiett and Penomeco are taking part in it as well? AWESOME!!!


Cute Zico!!


Excited ZIco!!! (Woobin in the back, though!!)


(This is me right now!)

Alright!! Zico meets OC!!
How was it?? You LIKE?

I know Zico didn't get many lines, but that was mainly because Mino took all the spotlight.... Mwahahaha!
I'll try my best to get in more Zico time, but for now, our OC will start working on her drama, so please stay tuned. 
I might end up speeding through her acting career so that i can get more actual drama in. New people will be introduced in the next episode, so keep watch. 

Please Comment and Subscribe!!! Enjoy!!