Busy, Busy, Busy

Feels Like a Fantasy

 

Erika’s POV

One Month Later – April, 2018

As soon as I arrived in Taiwan last month I met the main cast for the movie. The director made us have a meeting to discuss some important aspects of the movie that he had not included in the preview sent to us. A new manager was assigned to me since I needed someone who spoke fluent Taiwanese, because mine was not perfect. My new manager is a woman about two years older than me, and I think that Kwon manager got a little jealous, that dummy.

I was given a week to get used to my surroundings and the rest of the actors before we started filming. We started off with simple scenes and mainly about my character’s strategies, but now we are really putting in some action moves. The director was impressed that I knew some martial arts so my stunt double was not needed for smaller fighting scenes. After a month of staying here in Taiwan my Chinese has greatly improved, though I tried to continue talking to Kwon manager in Korean because I don’t want to forget it within these four months I will stay here. I have barely talked with anyone back in Korea, except for Bom unnie who always wake me up with a good morning messages.

Since I did not have any scenes scheduled for this morning I am in my small apartment looking through the internet on new things going on in Korea while I have been gone. So far I only saw about several comebacks. I was a bit giddy thinking that JYJ would make a comeback while I am gone, but no signs of them yet. I got bored from looking at the news and looked up Block-B instead.

“I wonder how their tour is going,” I thought out loud. “I haven’t talked with Zico oppa. I’m guessing they are getting ready for their tour.”

Sure enough I found out that they will have their first concert on May 1st. It looks like they have several concerts in Korea and then they fly to—.

“No, way,” I whisper in shock. “Hahaha!! Oh my gosh! Yes! I’m not missing their concert after all!” I see that they are scheduled to go to mainland China for two concerts and then they come to Taiwan within less than a month. “Oh… but, I still don’t know if I will have free time that day…. And I haven’t even bought a ticket,” I pout just thinking about my chance of going to their concert sliding out of my reach once again. “They are probably sold out by now. When did the tickets start selling for China?” I look around the page and I find the date. “When was that? Three weeks ago?!?” I look up the website to buy tickets, “They are sold out…. Ahhhhh!!” I whined loudly as I threw a small tantrum in my living room. “I mean I could ask for a ticket from one of the members…. No,” I shook my head. “I’ll feel like I am just taking advantage of them.” I threw another tantrum just thinking about not being able to go to Block-B’s concert and I started to cry. “Why am I like this? I hate them! They will hear me out when I see them! AAHHHH!! I wanted to go!”

I stop bawling my eyes out after ten minutes and get up from the floor where I was sitting. I mope around the apartment and whine about every little thing that bothers me. I am just glad that I don’t share this apartment with my manager like back in Korea. I spend the rest of my morning as a bum, laying around the living room floor until it was time to get ready for my filming.

When it was time for my manager to pick me up I was already changed out of my pajamas, but I was still laying on the floor. Just take me away! I want to go back to Korea! I need my Block-B oppa-deul!!

“Yah!” both of my managers walked into my apartment and saw my lifeless looking body. “What are you doing? Get up,” Kwon manager lifted me up from the floor and I just myself get dragged out of my apartment. “What’s wrong with you?”

I let my head lol to the side without energy. “My Block-B oppa-deul…,” I whisper but Kwon manager could not hear. I sobbed quietly.

“Yah,” Kwon manager poked my head and it lolled to the other side. He them took my head in both his hands made me look at him. “Why are you being silly? Hehehe!”

“Zico oppa. Taeil oppa. P.O oppa. B-Bomb oppa. Kyung oppa. Jaehyo oppa. U-Kwon oppa,” I chant their names and Kwon manager looks at me as if I lost my mind.

“What about them?” Kwon manager asked.

“They are coming,” I whisper dramatically. “They are coming to Taiwan. They will have a concert here. And I can’t go!! Aahhh!!” I start to whine.

“What? Are you serious?” Kwon manager lets go of my head. “You can meet them personally, why go to their concert.”

“Oppa! You don’t understand! Nobody understands me!!” I grab a hold of his coat dramatically.

“Yah!!” Kwon manager takes my hands away from his coat. “Get over it!”

I gasp loudly and move as far away from him as I could in the car. “Don’t talk to me ever again!” I turn to look outside the car window to see we were going into a parking lot.

“We’re going to eat here before we go to the filming site,” Kwon manager informed.

“Don’t talk to me,” I sent him a glare.

“It’s Kung Fu noodles,” Kwon manager told me anyways.

“Really?” I smile widely. “I’m still mad at you though,” I say with a pout.

Kwon manager leans toward me and whispers in my ear, “Get. Over. It.”

“YAH!!” I yell at him. “I hate you!” I cross my arms over my chest.

Kwon manager chuckles at my reaction. “You are such a kid.”

***
After eating we headed to the filming site and I mainly watched Wu Chun film. We were at a hotel and we were going to film the scene where the protagonist, Wu Chun, and the antagonist, me, meet for the first time. Wu Chun is dressed very elegantly and I can’t stop myself from ginning like an idiot at the sight of him. I am dressed in a really beautiful red dress that reveals a bit too much cleavage for my liking and most of my back. It reached all the way to the floor even after I was wearing heels. It is exactly the type of dress my mother would love. I hope she enjoys seeing me with it on this movie, because I will go back to being the tomboy I was once I go back.

Soon it was my time to enter the filming, so I stood up from my chair and took off the coat that I was using to cover myself up. Not that it was cold, I was covering what the dress failed to. I did have a furry over coat that I will be using when I make my entrance, but that will come off as soon as I walk in. I take a glance at the script and get closer to the director and wait for his cue to cut Wu Chun’s part  and for me to come in.

“Cut!” The director shouted and put thumbs up. “That was good! Ivy, go to the door and make you entrance beautifully,” he ordered me with a smile.

I nervously walk to the revolving doors of the hotel and exit only to wait for my cue to walk back in. A couple of seconds passed when one of the staff members standing outside with me told me to walk in now. I muster up all my confidence and make it show. I need to act like I own this place, at least that’s what the script asked for. I make sure to not trip over the heels and walked with the most dominating aura I could muster. The extra who was playing as one of the employees at the hotel took my overcoat and I walked further into the hall.

“Cut!” The director called again. “Excellent! Now on with the ball! Act natural! Action!”

And so we continued to shoot. I was filmed as I talked with some of the influential characters and Wu Chun was filmed as he kept dancing with the women at the ball and keeping an eye on me. His character is supposed to be attracted to mine and so he got closer and asked for my hand to dance. We ended up dancing to a slow song and the camera was revolving around us as we acted out our lines.

“I haven’t seen you around here,” Wu Chun recited his line.

“I’m not from around here,” I gave him an icy smile.

“I can see that,” Wu Chun stated. “Hispanic?”

I nod. “From Veracruz.”

“Hmm,” Wu Chun brought my body closer to his. “You are beautiful. It would be a shame to let this chance go and not ask for your name.”

“Esperanza de la Rosa,” I recite my line. “Could I have the honor to know your name as well?”

“Lao Zhi-Hong,” he smiled slightly. He slowly leaned toward me and I was supposed to slightly turn so that he would kiss my cheek instead of my lips. He laughed airily and whispered in my ear, “It was a pleasure meeting you, Esperanza.” And he left me to stand in the middle of the dance floor looking after his back, mesmerized.

“Cut!” the director called out. “Perfect!” He clapped. “Now to film outside.”

I took back my over coat and walked out of the hotel to shoot the scene that goes before the one we just shot.

It was dark outside since it is around eleven o’clock. Thankfully it is not raining tonight. It had been raining for the past two days, but we have good weather today. We spent the rest of the night filming some of the other scenes that are to be shot at the hotel because we only have the hotel reserved for this night. We all ended up leaving around four in the morning. I have to go back to work this afternoon after I take a couple of hours of rest. My managers and I head to our apartment complex. I drag my feet into my apartment and don’t even bother turning on the lights as I make my way to my room and crash on my bed exhausted. 

***   ***

Several weeks passed by and Block-B’s concert, which I will not be able to attend, is nearing and with it my sorrow deepening. I continued with the filming. It was actually going on unexpectedly fast. We will most likely be done filming around the middle of next month and we will then begin promotions and press conferences for about a month, meaning I will be going back to Korea around mid-June, about half a month earlier than expected.

I took a shower and got ready for the day since today and tomorrow I am shooting some of the bigger action scenes in the movie. I’m excited that I will finally use some of my martial arts skills. I have been training with a master martial artist for the past week to try and get better. And I have also been practicing as much as possible with the actor I will be fighting against in this scene to have an idea of how the scene will work out.

I grab a light sweater and head out of my apartment and knock on Kwon manager’s door. He opens it after a few seconds and I step in and wait until he gets ready to go out.

“Hey,” Kwon manager calls my attention once we are inside the car with the other manager. “Did you know that Block-B is having a concert here this weekend?” I turned to him just in time to see him smirking.

If looks could kill, I would be a convict murderer. “I know,” I said through gritted teeth. “No need to rub salt in my open wound, thank you very much.”

“You’re welcome!” Kwon manager gave me a cheeky smile and then looked out the car window.

Should I kill him? I looked intensely at the back of his head. I’ll give him a er punch now, or wait until we get to the film sight and ‘accidentally’ stab him with a sword…. I looked away from him and out the other car window. I sigh, Self-restraint is the key to staying out of jail; I’m too pretty for jail.

Soon we arrive at the film sight and I was greeted by my enthusiastic director. “I am looking forward to this scene,” he smiled at me.

“I’ll do my best,” I smile back.

My partner for the scene and I got to work right away. It took us several kicks, punches and two hours to shoot the scene. I will probably have several bruises on my hips from falling after being ‘hit’ by my partner. I did get hit once on my left side when I forgot to dodge one of his kicks, but we kept going with the shooting, I’m guessing the director did not notice that it was an actual hit and I also signaled my partner to go along with it. I ended up hurting him more since I am still not an experienced martial arts actress, so most of my hits were direct.

After a tiring shooting I was allowed to go back home and rest until tomorrow when I will be shooting the fighting scene against a group of guys. I have been so exhausted for the past month with all the filming, so every time I get home I immediately fall asleep, and that is exactly what I am planning to go when I get home today, too. Since this movie is mainly action I have to shoot many fighting scene, I have probably lost ten pounds in the past month, especially since I don’t eat much. Most of my stimulants for the day are coffee and my love for acting.

I get in the car and my Taiwanese manager drove us home. I got my phone and saw that I had a notification on Instagram. I check it and see that it is a Direct Message from Zico.

Yo, what are you doing?

Filming. I just got done for the day. And you?

I’ve been busy. We started our tour already.
We have our concert in Shanghai tonight.

So I’ve heard! I’m happy for all of those Bees that get to see you perform.

They probably envy you for knowing us, though.
Did you see that we have a concert scheduled in three days for Taiwan?

I saw. I cried....

Hahaha! Only you!
Do you have that day free?

I’m not sure. I didn’t even bother checking since I couldn’t buy a ticket.

“Oppa,” I called Kwon manager’s attention. “Do you know if I will be busy the 18th?”

“The 18th…,” Kwon manager took out his planner out from his backpack to check. “Mmm, yeah. You are booked for the whole day.”

“Really?” I am disappointed. “Ok….”

I’m book for that day completely….
I guess I am just not meant to go to your concerts….
ㅠㅠ

Awe…. Too bad. I had a ticket reserved for you.

What?? Really?
You thought of me? Awe!!

Of course! You are one of our Bees.
Too bad. I’ll have to throw it away.

No! Don’t! Give it to me either way!
Even if I don’t get to go I want the ticket if you are going to throw it away.

Hehehe! Fine. I’ll save it for you.
On another note, where are you staying in Taiwan?

I was rented a small apartment on the outskirts of Hsin-Chu.
It’s not very far from Taipei.

Ohh…. That’s nice.
Are you enjoying your time there?

Yes, and no.
I really like the weather right now, but I am so busy most of the time so I don’t have time to look around town.

Mmm….
Well, before you go back to Korea take a look around and take pictures.
You never know when you will be back.

Hehehe! I will! Take care of your health!
I don’t want to hear that any of you is sick!

Alright! You too take care.
Work hard!

Don’t overwork yourself!

With that we finished our conversation and I got home to go and be a bum in my bed for the rest of the day.

***       ***

(Zico’s room)

Zico put his phone beside him and simply stared at the room’s ceiling. The concert did not start until seven o’clock, and it is three o’clock at the moment. He was waiting for Jaehyo to get out of the shower, since they shared a room. He was half-hoping that Erika would be able to attend their concert in Taipei, but it turns out that she was completely busy that day. He let out a sigh and closed his eyes.

“What are you sighing about?” Jaehyo came out of the shower.

“Nothing,” Zico stated and got up from his bed and got his towel and pile of clothes and headed to the shower. “Ah! Hyung! You left the bathroom steaming hot!”

“I did it for your own sake. You won’t have to look at your reflection!” Jaehyo shouted after the door to the bathroom. “Geez! He’s so sensitive today.”

Zico took his time in the shower. He let the warm water fall down on his head and down his body and tried to relax as much as possible. He always gets nervous before concerts. He has been performing more than seven years and he still gets stressed, wanting to make their performance perfect just for BBCs. They are always looking up to them, so he is always afraid of letting them down.

Zico finally got out of the shower after an hour. He changed into his jeans and white shirt and walked out of the bathroom with a towel on his head. He sat down on the ledge of his bed and towel dried his hair. He then heard his phone vibrate. He took his phone and saw it was a notification on Instagram.

It was from Erika:
Oppa, don’t beat yourself up too much!
Remember that Bees love you just the way you are.
You have never let us down, so just relax and enjoy the stage!
Don’t be nervous either. I believe in you and the rest of the Block-B members! Fighting!! ^^

Zico smiled at the message. “That idiot,” he murmured as he set his phone to charge on the bedside table.

“Huh? Who was that?” Jaehyo said from right behind Zico’s shoulder making him jump.

“Hyung, you scared me!” Zico raised his voice slightly.

“Oh!” Jaehyo pointed at Zico. “You seem to be in a better mood. Was it because of the message? Who was it? Girl group member? Girlfriend? Lover?” Jaehyo teased Zico.

“No,” Zico said calmly as he continued towel drying his hair. “It was Erika.”

“Erika?” Jaehyo looked confused for a second and then her understood. “Yah! You were messaging with Ivy? Wait! You’re on first name basis with her?” Jaehyo ran out of the room and Zico just looked after him.

Seconds later P.O, Kyung, Taeil and Jaehyo barged into the room. Zico immediately knew what this meant and made a run for the bathroom to try and avoid s but P.O caught him and dragged him back to his bed.

“You were messaging with Erika?” P.O’s voice boomed.

“Yah! Since when are you that close to Erika?” Kyung asked agitated.

“You are a hypocrite, hyung,” P.O accused Zico.

“Yeah! We were her fans and met her before you did and now you are best friends with her?” Kyung protested.

“You didn’t even like her until you met her,” Jaehyo added.

“What did you talk about with her? Huh?” P.O took Zico’s phone and unlocked it to see the messages on Instagram and started to read them out loud. Zico was struggling to get his phone back but was being held back by Kyung and Jaehyo. Taeil was just watching everything going on.

“Yah! Pyo Jihoon! Stop reading my stuff!” Zico bellowed, but it was too late, P.O had read everything out loud.

“You saved a ticket for her?” Kyung looked at the now motionless Zico. “Ugh! How did not think about that?” He let go of Zico and went out of the room.

“I guess she really cares about us,” Jaehyo said. “She said we are perfect the way we are.”

“Yeah,” P.O nodded and left Zico’s phone on the nightstand and left the room as well, and was followed by Jaehyo.

The door closed behind them. The only ones left in the room were Zico and Taeil.

“Tell me the truth, Jiho,” Taeil finally spoke up. “Do you like her?”

“Huh?” Zico looked at Taeil. “No,” he shook his head.

“Really?” Taeil asked again. “You really don’t have any feeling for her? At all?”

“Not like that,” Zico told Taeil truthfully. “I see her as a friend, as our fan. And I am positive she sees us the same way.”

Taeil nodded his head. “Ok, well, get ready. We are leaving in about an hour.”

“Ne, hyung.” Zico laid back on his bed and waited until it was time to go to the concert hall.

***       ***

(Erika’s room)

He thought of me, I thought as I lay in bed after sending him the last message. I smiled, I am a lucky Bee. But not so lucky! I still can’t go to their concert….

I ended up falling asleep thinking about the concert that I will not be able to attend. It’s ok, I told myself. There will be other chances.

___________________________________

You Like??? 

Yo! So since I was gone for a long time I decided to make up for it by writing another chapter! I hope you like it! 

Also, THANK YOU very much for those who voted on my poll! I will have something prepared about whoever has the most votes soon!

Please do Subscribe if you have not already. I always answer to comments, because I really like hearing about your reaction and I gain strength from your words! 

Keep in tune! And ENJOY!!!