Training

Feels Like a Fantasy

 

It is 6:30am. I woke up early, or more like, I couldn’t fall asleep last night. I was too excited about my first day at YG. Would I be called a trainee? I mean, I am going to train to become an official actress, but would it still count?

Anyway, I got out of my bed and opened my biggest suitcase, searching for something to wear for working out. Fortunately I packed a blue track suit, since I am used to running in the mornings back in America. I put that set of clothes on my bed and searched for another set of clothes to change after exercising.

I rushed into my bathroom with my track suit and sports bra in hand. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I changed into my clothes and walked out my room looking for a hair tie to tie my crazy morning hair up. I found one on my night stand and I went back into the bathroom. I applied gel and water to my hair so that my little hairs on my head would not stand up as I tied back my hair in a ponytail.

I walked back to my room and stuffed my other set of clothes into a duffle bag. I also packed a large towel in case I can shower after the work out, and a small towel to wipe off my sweat. I tied a bandana around the handle of my bag to use while I work out. I had a habit of tying a bandana on my head to stop the sweat from streaming down my face. A beautiful image, huh?

I went into the kitchen and looked around to see what I could eat for breakfast. I didn’t have much of an appetite so I just made myself a milkshake with strawberries, blueberries, banana and granola, I also made myself some toasted bread; simple and light.

After I finished my breakfast I went back into my room to look through my luggage for the new pair of sneakers I bought to work out. I packed everything I would most likely need and brought my bag to the living room. I was not sure how I was going to meet up with Winner to go YG.

From:

E.V, are you ready? We are leaving to YG in 15 minutes. We’ll meet at the elevator.

To: E.V

I stared at the message, “Did Mino just read my mind?”

From: E.V

OK! See you there!! :)

To:

I sent Mino back a short message. I looked down at my message, “Omo! Mino is going to think I am crazy!! Why did I send so many exclamation marks??? I mean, that is how I normally text that I didn’t think too much while writing, but maybe he doesn’t use a lot of punctuation marks?? What if I come across as desperate? KILL ME NOW!!!!!” I was now on my knees with my hands on both sides of my head.

I was about to start panicking more, but I was interrupted by my phone buzzing.

From:

Cool! We are going out now! ^.^

To: E.V

Well now we are both using punctuation marks and emoticons…. I smiled as I imagined the look on Mino’s face as he sent that message, “He is so cheery… I thought he was not a morning person.”

I walked to the door to head out and put on the same Converse I was using yesterday. I then walked out the door and walked towards the elevator.

I didn’t have to wait long before I saw the door slide open to reveal all five Winner members and their manager. I greeted and bowed to them with a smile before I walked into the elevator.

The elevator was not too small nor too big, so there was no breathing down each other’s necks. Before long the elevator announce our arrival to the basement parking lot and we all got out. We all neared the van. I was lead to the back of the van this time, and Mino and Taehyun sat in the back seat with me, with Mino squeezed between us. Seungyoon was in the front passenger seat, Seunghoon sat behind Seungyoon, and Jinwoo sat behind their driving manager.

Breaking everyone’s silence Jinwoo finally noticed something, “Who is she?” he whispered to one of the other members. His wide eyes were watching me as I was sitting close to Mino.

“Hyung, you don’t know?” Seunghoon spoke up to explain. “She’s Mino’s girlfriend!” Or not….

“What?!?!” Mino, Jinwoo and I screamed in unison.

“Pwahahahahahaha!!!” Seunghoon bust out laughing, clutching onto his stomach, “You should have seen your faces!”

“Hahaha!!” Taehyun joined in, pointing at Mino’s and my face, quickly turning red. “That was a good one, hyung!” he proceeded to high-five Seunghoon.

“Yah! Don’t joke about that!” Mino, Seungyoon and Jinwoo said in unison.

“You know Mino and Yang sajangnim are not compatible,” Seungyoon began to snicker as he pointed back at Mino. Seunghoon and Taehyun went back to another fit of laughter.

“Yah! S-stop,” Mino told them all. He then started to pretend to cry at the thought of Yang sajangnim. I then burst out laughing.

I covered my face as I laughed, and the rest of the members joined in as well. How can they be so lively so early in the morning? I can't believe I just saw Mino’s “crying” face (the same one he did on Winner TV). This is priceless!!!

We all finally calmed down. Jinwoo still did not know who I was so I decided to introduce myself, “Annyeong haseyo, jeoneun E.V ibnida.”

“An-annyeong haseyo,” Jinwoo was surprised at my Korean (too bad that was basically all I knew…). “So, you are not Mino’s girlfriend, right?” I shook my head to assure him I was not. “Fheww… that’s good,” Jinwoo sighed in relief. Mino then informed Jinwoo as to why I was here.

We arrived at YG, but only Mino and I stepped out. The other members had their own schedules again.

I walked in the YG building and I took out a paper with my daily schedule. I was about to walk ahead when Mino called me to wait up.

We both got on the elevator and head up to the third floor, for Mino. Mino saw the paper in my hand and took it from me. Is this a habit of his: to take things from my hands?  I looked at Mino amused as he scanned through my paper.

“*Gasp* this is your schedule?” Mino asked shocked. “This looks intense!! How long are you taking these?”

I could see the shock from the way he talked. “2 months,” I responded.

“What??”

Ok, now Mino was overreacting. It can't be as tough as most trainees have it, I thought to myself.

“Not even trainees have it this hard,” Mino said.

Did he just read my mind, again? I stared at him.

Mino looked up at me with worried eyes. “Can you do this?”

I simply nodded, “I will try my best.”

“Woah…. Really, this is like four years of training packed into 2 months,” Mino muttered to himself.

I didn’t understand what he said this time so I just took the paper back. The elevator stopped to drop off Mino.

Mino took a step out but looked back at me, worry in his eyes, “Fighting!”

I smiled at him and did the same fist to show that I would do my best, “Fighting!!”

The doors closed between us and started to head to the fifth floor where the gym was located. I looked at my watch and I saw that it was now 7:15am. I was 45 minutes early according to my schedule.

I walked into the gym and was greeted by the trainer.

“Hello,” he said with a nice smile. “You must be Erika. My name is Hwang Sung Chan, but you can call me Hwang Ssabunim.”

“Ne,” I bowed. “Annyeong haseyo.”

“Welcome, welcome! Take your shoes off,” the trainer said and motioned for me to follow.

I did as told and followed him. Hwang Ssabunim stopped in front of a scale.

“Please step on the scale to measure your weight and height,” He instructed.

I did as told since there was no point in being shy. He pushed a button on the machine. I tried to stand as tall as possible as the little bar moved down and stopped when it tapped my head. A couple of seconds later the results showed on a little screen on the machine.

“49.8 kilos and 172.72 cm tall,” he said as he jotted down on a piece of paper, “not a bad proportion.”

I just smiled as I stepped down.

Hwang Ssabunim walked to his office, “Well, I'm not quite sure why Yang sajangnim appointed you to come here to work out for 3 hours for 2 months straight, all you really need is a small amount of daily exercise to keep you in shape. What we could work on is building a nice shape to your body.”

I did not catch most of what he said since he only spoke Korean, but he was making a confused face when he mentioned Yang sajangnim, and then waved his hands in an S shape at the last part.

“Humm…Just run on the tread mill for now,” Hwang Ssabu informed me. “I'll be right back.”

I nodded and took out the new pair of shoes from my duffle bag. I strapped them on and moved my duffle bag to sit in front of the tread mill. Before I started to run I did some stretches. I could at least understand Hwang Ssabunim wanted me to run, so I did. I also knew he would be leaving for a bit.

I was running at full speed when I heard Hwang Ssabunim come back.

“I talked with Yang sajangnim; he said to help you shape your body so that is what we will do,” Hwang Ssabunim informed me. “You can continue as much as you want today, I will be in my office planning out everything for your work out. Also, we will put you under a light diet, just so that you do not gain wait.”

I nodded since I understood some parts; the rest was unknown to me. Ugh! I want to learn Korean so bad! I feel like a dumb person who cannot communicate with others.

I stopped running and stretched out my muscles a bit more. I got my bag and walked to Hwang Ssabunim’s office.

“Umm… excuse me?” I cleared my throat a bit.

Hwang Ssabunim saw me at the entrance of his office, “Whoo! You really are sweating; go take a shower before you head to your next schedule. The showers are past that door.” Hwang Ssabunim had stood up and pointed towards the door leading to the showers for me.

“Ne, gamsahabnida,” I thanked him, bowed and left to take a shower.

--

After taking a shower and changing to my other clothes I went to my Korean lessons. I was early for that class as well since I finished early at the gym. I was the only student in the small room. My teacher was a nice looking middle aged woman who could have been the same age as my mother.

I started learning right away due to the fact that I already knew the Korean characters and could easily introduce myself.

After my Korean lessons ended I headed to the cafeteria in floor B1.

“Hey!” I heard someone call me from across the hall.

I turned around and smiled at my companion, “Sup!”

“Whaaa! We are that close now?” He started joking around.

“Hahaha! I guess,” I looked at Mino who started to walk alongside me to the cafeteria.

“Are you eating here?” Mino asked.

I nodded with a big smile, “Mhmm!”

“Cool! I'll eat with you then.”

“Ok!”

We both got some food and walked to a table off to the side of the cafeteria, surrounded by artificial plants. I started eating in silence but I was soon interrupted by noisy Mino.

“So, how where classes?”

“So far, so good.” I continued eating. Back in high school I used to be the loudest at my table because I would be fangirling over KPop with my other friends, but in college I started to eat silently since there was no one to fangirl with, and so it became a habit to eat silently. But, I am guessing it is about to change once again.

After Mino and I finished our food I headed to my entertainment lessons and came out a bit tired since I had to listen to someone talk for 3 hours straight, thank goodness the lesson was in English, or else I would not have learned anything. Next up were my acting classes.

I thought I would get an introduction to acting, but thankfully the teacher went straight into practicing. I was given a copy of an old script for Boys over Flowers to practice, and the only reason why it was BoF was because Goo Hye-sun sunbaenim was nice enough to lend it to us.

Even though I was a complete rookie the teacher said that she was rather surprised I was good; not perfect, just good. Yet that raised my spirits and I pushed forward.

By 9pm I was exhausted. And this was only the first day….

I slowly walked to the elevator with my head hung low. Wrong choice, I accidentally bumped onto someone since I was not looking ahead, but I was the one to fall since I did not have much strength on my legs anymore.

I quickly apologized and tried standing up by myself, but I failed 2 times miserably. I could hear the other person snickering as they just saw me struggling against this darn gravity.

“Do you need help, there?” The voice caught me off guard. It was manly yet thin and soft.

I looked up and saw none other than iKON’s leader, Hanbin. I tried my best to not look like a fool with my mouth hanging wide open. Hanbin held a hand out for me to hold onto to stand up.

I gladly took it so that I could concentrate my balance on one spot and be able to stand by myself.

Once I was standing up I bowed, “Annyeong haseyo.”

“Annyeong haseyo,” B.I said. “You must be Erika, Bobby was talking about a new actress.”

“Ne,” I said softly.

“I heard you are an iKONIC.”

I slightly blushed, “Ne, that’s true.”

“Cool! Well, see you around, I have to go work.” B.I waved and walked away.

“Hey, You Ok?” Mino suddenly appeared in front of me. What is up with Mino showing up everywhere? “Are you ready? Let’s go home! Go go go!!”

“Yeah, let’s go!” I smiled brightly. Just at the sight of cheery Mino my exhaustion vanished. I really am glad I met him!

---

(Fast forward for time’s sake)

The past 6 weeks have been hectic. I was so busy with my lessons and everything that I almost forgot to call my parents once in a while. It’s been about a week since I last contacted them, but they understand that I have been busy.

My relationship with Mino has grown very strong. He is always with me during lunch if he does not have another schedule.

I also met my manager and he is really nice. He is Korean, of course, but he speaks English fluently (not that I can use it all the time, though. Yang sajangnim prohibited me to speak any other language but Korean) and he is very much an otaku. He reminds me of Amy.

Speaking of Amy, she called me the other day to tell me she was getting an addition to her family with Chris; they were in a bit of a rush with preparations to the new arrival so they didn’t have a lot of time to talk. All I understood was that they were naming their new child Pebbles since her fur is gray. I guess they are going to need a bigger house for their guinea pigs.

I did keep in constant contact with Alex as I promised, even though we never got the right timing for our text messages.

I have now begun to get a more relaxed schedule since my Korean has greatly improved and so has my acting skills. I only take 1 hour of work out in the mornings, but always careful of what I eat. I no longer take entertainment lessons since I already had a lot of knowledge in the area because of the variety shows I watched, so in exchange my Korean lessons got pushed over to that time and I had more time to practice talking.

My parents say I have lost too much weight in the past few weeks but I feel fine.

And then there was Bobby and Mino who would always make remarks about how my body was taking form. Bobby kept saying that my s seem to get bigger, while Mino admired my …. *sigh* My band director’s words were 100% true, “Boys never mature.”

At first I found their remarks a bit harassing, but I got used to them as time passed. Plus, I never get tired of seeing Jinhwan oppa hitting Bobby upside the head every time he said something inappropriate about my body. Youngbae oppa was the one that would hit Mino, though.

I am so glad I am able to see my favorite idols fooling around each other, and at least know that they are not always stressed. I hope these days will last for a long time, but even I know: I only 2 years to enjoy this life. Maybe it is all just a fantasy.

 

----------------------------

Mino is Bae!!

Wow!! I think this is the longest chapter I've written so far.

How was it? You Like??

Please subscribe if you like it, and don't hesitate to comment!! Thank You! ENJOY!!!!

But, but.... what about Zico??

It's Ok! He will come in soon!! Just wait a liitle bit more, OK??