Am I Ready For This?

Feels Like a Fantasy

   VS  

 

Erika’s POV

The days passed by fast. I prepared myself for the upcoming film by taking martial arts classes and practicing Chinese with someone YG contracted for me. Mino oppa occupied himself with the production of his upcoming solo album after Yang sajangnim approved several of his songs, so I rarely saw him. Zico oppa and I continued to talk after our last encounter and as I would have expected, he never stops working on new songs.

In my apartment, I rummage around my room, making sure I do not forget to pack something. Tomorrow is my flight to Taiwan. I’m so excited I cannot stay still. I already said my farewells to Yang sajangnim, Park Bom unnie and CL unnie who gave me a warm hugs and a bright smiles of encouragement. To Tablo oppa, Hye-Jung unnie and Haru, who gave me a really soft brown bear stuffed animal about the size of a regular pillow which I am planning on taking with me. Mino oppa was one of the last ones I said goodbye to, along with the other Winner members and iKON’s Bobby oppa who I saw at the building my last day there. I do not want to tell any of the Block-B guys that I am leaving except for Zico oppa, who already knows because of Taewoon oppa. The media still did not release the news about me going abroad to film because of Yang sajangnim, but as soon as I step foot at Incheon’s airport the news will be out. Chanyeol oppa did find out I am leaving to film because I told him when he asked why I was leaving my position as MC at Inkigayo half a month ago. I sit on my bed looking down at my phone now.

To Beggar-co
I leave tomorrow…! ^^

I had finally added Zico oppa to my contacts. I had not done it earlier because I didn’t know what to name him as, but I finally put the nickname that I knew Zico oppa as from the beginning. I text him first and within a minute I get a response from him.

From Beggar-co
Are you excited?

To Beggar-co
A bit… I’m more nervous, though. Hehehe….

From Beggar-co
You’ll be alright. Have fun over there. What time do you leave?

To Beggar-co
I hope I can at least go around town. ^^
The plane leaves at 5am….

I truly am excited. I smile widely just knowing that I will finally be able to go to Taiwan after dreaming about it for six years.

From Beggar-co
Not a bad hour…. Yeah, too bad you are missing Block-B’s concert here in Korea…. You will be too busy filming. :D

I stare at the text from Zico oppa with my mouth wide open in shock. They are having a concert in Seoul while I am gone? How mean…, I think to myself with a pout. Then it dawned on me.

To Beggar-co
Wait! You are having a concert? When is it? Why didn’t you tell me? Wait! Am I the first one outside of Seven Seasons that knows about this?

From Beggar-co
Kekekeke! No, you are not the first one to know, and it is not just a concert. It is actually the beginning of our world tour this year. Have you not been keeping up with the latest news about Block-B?

To Beggar-co
No, I have been a bit too busy. A world tour? How long is it going to take? Are you really going around the world?

From Beggar-co
And you call yourself a BBC… Tut, tut, tut!

To Beggar-co
I am, too! Do you already know what cities you will be going to?

From Beggar-co
It’s confidential.
•ㅅ•

To Beggar-co
Whatever! I’ll just check online. Or better yet, I will ask Jihoon oppa!

From Beggar-co
… Fine, try! ;]

To Pyovely Oppa >.<
Jihoon oppa! ^^

From Pyovely
He is unable to answer you at the moment…. ;]

***
(At Zico’s recording studio.)

Zico struggled to send that message after snatching the phone away from the now aggressive P.O. After Zico sent the message to Erika he gave the phone back to a confused P.O who did not even know what all that was about.

“Thank you for your help,” Zico patted P.O on the shoulder and headed back to his original spot in the studio room.

“What did you do?” P.O protested. “What is the meaning of this?” He looked at his phone and back to Zico who was smirking.

***
(Back in Erika’s room.)

I look at the message from P.O’s phone number. “Ya ishh!!” I curse. “Never. Mind. This. I’m calling him.” I dialed Zico’s number and waited.

After two rings, “Sorry, the person you are trying to reach is unavailable at this time. Please try again later.”

My mouth hanged open. “Did he-he just declined my call?” I dial P.O’s phone number this time.

After three rings, “Hel—,” the deep voice answered was cut off.

“You got the wrong number,” another voice answered before a click was heard.

*****
(At Zico’s studio.)

Zico handed back the phone to P.O once again.

“YA!!” P.O yelled. “That was Erika!”

“Oh, now you call her Erika?” Zico taunted.

“YAH!” P.O’s voice boomed through the whole studio.

Zico raised his hand to stop P.O from yelling any longer when he saw his phone flash with Erika’s number again. He picked up, “Hello!”

“Yah!” Erika yelled into her phone. “You are so rude.”

“Yah? Yah!!” Zico yelled back. “Who do you think you are yelling at?”

P.O looked at Zico as if he had gone completely bonkers, never having seen his hyung yell at a girl before.

*****
(Back in Erika’s room.)

“At Zico, that is who I am yelling at!” I respond.

“Why?” Zico yelled back.

“Because you are freaking annoying!” I ended up laughing at the end of my sentence. I shoved my face into a pillow and screamed my head off to calm my nerves.

Zico waited for me to calm myself down in silence.

“So,” I cleared my throat. “When and where are you going to have concerts in?”

“Look it up,” Zico pushed further.

I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. “When are you starting your tour?”

“All the information should be in our fan-cafe,” Zico did not answer my question again.

“You know what? I’m just going to call Kyung oppa, or Taeil oppa, or Minhyuk oppa.”

“How did you get their numbers?” Zico asked flustered.

“I don’t,” I smirk. “But I’ll find a way to get them.”

Zico was quiet for a while. Then, “We’re going to Dallas if that is what you wanted to know….”

“I’ll find a way to get their numbers—” I stop rambling. “You’re going to have a concert in my hometown?!” My mouth fell open in shock. “Yah! I won’t even be there to see you! That is not fair!”

“Yah! You are not the only BBC in Texas!” Zico was rather bemused. “And plus, you freaking know us personally, yet you are upset that you won’t attend one of our concerts…. You really are weird.”

“I—I—Oh!” Finally, some sense dawn on me. “You’re right. I know you guys personally! But still,” I continue to whine. “I have always wanted to go to a Block-B concert…. I want to experience the same sensation as all of those other fangirls in the concert. I want to bawl my eyes out because my Block-B oppa-deul are just that amazing.”

Zico was speechless. “So, you prefer to see us at a concert? On a stage? From far away?”

“No, I do not prefer that,” I say at once. “But I would love to see you guys performing on a stage at least once in my life. I want to go and support Block-B along with other BBC. I want to buy all those memorabilia that are sold at the concerts.”

“We can just give you any memorabilia you want, for free, even,” Zico laughed. “As for supporting us along with other BBC, you can still do that.”

“You know, I have a Block-B light stick and the little keychain light stick too, both just sitting on my desk getting dusty? I want to be able to use them at a concert….”

“Oh well,” Zico stated. “Too bad you won’t be able to see us at either Seoul nor Dallas! Hahaha!”

“How evil…,” I smiled just listening Zico’s laugh.

“So, you leave tomorrow?” Zico changed the subject.

“Yes,” I sighed.

“You sound nervous,” Zico noticed.

“A bit,” I speak softly. “It was something to act in a Korean drama, but this, this Taiwanese movie is something else.”

“You’ll be fine,” Zico tried to reassure me. “If my mother is your fan then you are talented enough to act in any drama or movie.”

“Thanks,” I let out a weak laugh. “I’m going to go freak out and hyperventilate, now.”

“Hahaha! Good luck!” Zico made a small fighting fist pump.

“I. Can’t. Breathe.” I clutched my throat and lay back in my bed.

“Yah! Stop scaring yourself, or else you will get sick,” Zico advised me.

“I won’t be able to sleep tonight…,” I already know that it will be almost impossible to even close an eye this night.

“Are you the type to get nervous easily?” Zico asked out curiosity.

“Yes,” I answered. “I get it from my grandpa… Hehehe! He gets nervous REALLY easy.”

“Mmm…,” Zico nodded his head. “You don’t look nervous when you get in front of the camera, though.”

“I have to remind myself how to breathe every time I’m on camera,” I explain. “I am insecure about myself. I’m afraid of letting people down.”

Zico listens in silence. “I think we all have that. I also get nervous when I am about to film.”

“Nah-ah! I do not believe that,” I smile just imagining a giddy Zico. “So you really are the ‘Shy Guy’ in Block-B?”

“Wah~!” Zico exhales on the other side of the line. “You-you, haaah. How embarrassing….”

“Hahaha!! What?!” I couldn’t stop myself from laughing. “Oppa, I am your fan. I REVEL in watching embarrassing clips about you!”

“Yah~!” Zico whines. “How can you like that?”

“The ‘embarrassing’ Zico is the one that caught my attention, not the ‘I’m-All-Swag’ Zico.” I explain. “I prefer to laugh about your dumb jokes than to cringe at the excessive swag.”

“Dumb jokes?” Zico calls out. “Yah! They were precious jokes to me! Argh! What am I even saying?

“Hehehe!!” I smiled at the thought of an embarrassed Zico.

“Did you pack up everything already?” Zico changed the subject again.

“Yes,” I didn’t any longer. “All I need know is a shower.”

“And sleep,” Zico offered.

“Nope, I can sleep on the plane.”

“And take the risk of having people take pictures of you sleeping?” Zico asked deviously.

“It’s not like many people know me,” I answered. “And my manager will protect my image.”

“Are you sure?” he continued to plant the suspicious seed in my head.

“I will cover my face with a sweater and nobody will even know I am there,” I assured him.

“Ok,” Zico laughed faintly. “Good luck! And too bad you are missing out on our concert,” he further taunted me.

“I can live without you,” I blurted out without thinking.

“Oh really?” Zico asked sardonically. “Ok! Then bye. Since you don’t need us I’ll hang up.”

“NO!! Wait! Sorry,” I cried out before he could hang up. “I didn’t mean it! Huhuhu!” I fake sobbed.

“That’s what I thought,” Zico said confidently.

“Oh! Whatever,” I scoffed at his confidence. “Hahaha! I might be the one to end up hanging up.”

“You wouldn’t,” Zico teased. “Scratch that. You couldn’t.”

“Why are you so cocky?” I asked.

“Why are you such a fangirl?” Zico countered.

“Why are you so talented? Geez!” I exasperated while smiling.

“Why AM I so talented?” Zico asked.

“Ah!!” I screamed and cringed and his response. “Oh my gosh! Ugh! Hahahaha!!”

Ugh! What am I saying…” I could hear Zico whisper to himself.

“You need to calm yourself down!” I said.

“It’s all your fault,” Zico accused me. “I never say such things!”

“Uh-huh…,” I nodded skeptically. “I totally believe you.”

“Yah, it’s true,” Zico sighed. “Go take a shower! I have to go away from us tomorrow where youwill not be able to attend Block-B’s concert.”

“Stop repeating that,” I whined. “I’m sad….”

“Awe~,” Zico teased me further. “Is the baby going to cry?”

“I will not…,” I fake sobbed.

“Yah,” Zico said abruptly. “You are not actually crying are you?”

“Huhuhu!” I fake sobbed more. “I won’t be able to see the Block-B pabo-deul at their concerts. This pabo-deul.”

“Yah! I can hear what you are saying,” Zico spoke up. “I am not a pabo!”

“Hahaha!” I laughed at his words. “Oppa, you are the most pabo of them all!”

“Yah!” Zico yelled. “That’s not true! You know how much I have worked on my image for the past years?”

“Let me give you wise advice,” I suggested seriously. “Don’t try too hard.”

“Yah! Stop joking around,” Zico whined.

“I’m being serious, oppa,” my tone was serious. “As a BBC who has followed and supported Block-B almost since your debut, I know that you guys are a bunch of goofballs. Yeah, you have your serious moments, but for the most part I have known and really liked Block-B because you are not afraid of keeping up with a cool image.”

“So you don’t care if we look total fools?” Zico asked doubtfully.

“I wouldn’t mind as long as you act professional when you need to,” I confessed. “Block-B was the first group that broke my idea of a perfect idol group.”

“Umm…,” Zico paused. “Is that supposed to be a good thing?”

“To me it is,” I stated. “To other it might not be. What I mean is that before I knew about Block-B I thought that K-Pop idols where these perfect performers that always showed their best sides for their fans. Block-B showed me a more natural view of idols’ lives. For crying out loud! The first impression I had of you was a Hello Kitty loving Jamaican beggar!”

“So you are saying that Block-B are not perfect performers?” Zico asked.

“Nope,” I answered right away. “You are way better!” I smiled widely.

“Ok,” I could hear some ruffling on Zico’s side of the line. “Wait, let me just—let me just gather up the guys and get them working on EVERTHING. From the songs to the dancing. I will make Kyung the lead vocalist and Taeil hyung the lead rapper and P.O the lead dancer by the end of our practice. EVERYTHING needs to me perfect!”

I blinked before realizing what Zico was talking about. “Yah! I—I—ugh! You guys are perfect the way you are!”

“But You said we are not perfect performers,” Zico countered. “I need to get them practicing.”

“You are perfect just the way you are,” I blushed at my own words.

“No need to get all Bruno Mars on us,” Zico said stubbornly. “You already spoke. Block-B is not perfect.”

“I NEVER said Block-B is not perfect,” I defended by myself. “I just said that you guys were not—”

“Uh-huh, keep talking,” Zico beaconed on.

“You are setting me up to say something I don’t mean to say,” I accuse him. “I’ll just go take a shower.”

“Hahaha!” Zico laughed. “Alright, take care!”

“You too!” I smiled and hug up. I got up from my bed and looked for my pajamas to go take a shower.

 

------
 

(Next Morning, 3:30am)

I took my passport from my manager and readjusted my carry-on bad on my shoulder while we were waiting in the line to go into the inside section of the airport. I check my phone and see that the news is out about me going to Taiwan, but it is not at the top of the page. I look around the airport and I don’t see any reporters. They are most likely not going to come. At least I don’t have to get nervous about cameras this early. I am so sleepy, I didn’t get any sleep last night since I came out of the shower around 12am and I was too nervous to fall asleep. Soon it was my turn to go through the metal detectors and to the waiting room. My manager and I took our time to get to the waiting area since we still have about 40 minutes until boarding time. I decided to stop at a Starbucks and got a Vanilla Frappuccino since I didn’t want to have too much coffee and be able to sleep on the plane. After getting my Frappuccino and a slice of cheesecake my manager and I headed to our waiting area and sat by the glass windows.

“Let’s take a selca,” I suggested to my manager. “Here, you take better pictures than me.”

“Alright,” Jae-Sung oppa took my phone. “Hana, deul, set.”

I looked at the picture for approval. “Perfect!” I smiled to my manager. “You should be a photographer. Hehehe!”

“Nah,” Jae-Sung oppa shook his head. “I rather be your manager.”

“Yah~,” I look at him. “I’m not always going to be here. What are you going to do when I leave?”

“Mmm,” Jae-Sung hummed as he thought. “I will probably study to be a photographer.”

“Yah!” I punched him playfully. “Hehe! Never mind.” I raised the phone and took a selca of myself this time. “This one is going on SNS.”

“Yah!” Jae-Sung oppa protested. “Why not the one we took together?”

“Should I?” I asked. “Ok, I post that one instead.” I handed my phone to him. “Here, you caption it.”

Jae-Sung oppa spoke as he wrote the caption. “Waiting at the airport with the most handsome man—”

“Yah!” I protest and grab my phone from him. “The most handsome man on earth is my father. Don’t fool yourself.”

“Hehehe!” Jae-Sung oppa laughed. “Daddy’s Girl.”

I smiled widely in return, I am Daddy’s Girl! My manager and I sat in the waiting area until the time came for boarding the plane. We have first class so were got closer to the boarding entrance. Soon our names were called and we boarded the plane. I walked in front of Jae-Sung oppa and looked for our seats. I handed my carry-on to him and slid into my seat by the window. I plugged in my earphones to my phone to play some music and I noticed that I had several messages and one missed call.

From Pyovely Oppa >.<
Yah! Why didn’t you tell us you were leaving? I’m sad…

From <3 Mino Oppa <3
Good luck on your filming. I will miss you while you are gone! Take care! <3 :)

From Chanwoo-ya
Take care, nunna! Do a good job filming! Fighting!

From Papa YG
Erika, make a great impression over there! Work hard!

From Jiseok Oppa
I heard you are leaving today. Good luck! I am looking forward to seeing your new work! So is my mom! :) 

Missed Call From Beggar-Co

The rest of the messages where from unknown numbers.

From 312-XXXX
Erika! I thought we were friends! How could you not tell me you leaving.
You know hard it was to get you phone number from Jiho?!
I hope you have a wonderful time in Taiwan! Fighting!
-Kyung Oppa

From 312-XXXX
Chogiyo! Are you not our fan? We had to find out that you are leaving today through the news!
Anyways, have fun! And take care of your health! Fighting!
-Taeil

From Beggar-co
I called and you didn’t answer….
Are you on the plane already?
Yah!! Answer me!!
Pabo!

As I read through the messages I kept smiling. The plane will not depart for at least twenty minutes so I decided to return Zico’s call and I can respond to the messages while I talk.

“Hello?” he answered with a groggy voice.

“Were you asleep?” I asked guiltily. “Sorry.”

“It’s ok,” Zico cleared his throat. “Are you almost out of Korea?”

“You say it as if I were leaving forever,” I accused him.

“Am I?” Zico asked in an incredulous manner.

“Pabo,” I laugh lightly. “I just boarded the plane. People are still boarding so I have a couple of minutes before I hang up on you.”

“You say it as if you don’t like talking to me,” Zico teased me.

“Am I?” I copied his reaction from a few seconds ago.

“Pabo,” Zico chuckled lightly.

“Hyung! Who are you calling?” I can hear P.O yelling in the background.

I laughed. “You are going to get in trouble with Jihoon oppa!”

“As if,” Zico scoffed.

“Erika!” P.O’s voice sounded closer to the receiver. “Erika! Is that you? Yah! How could yosdhjalvhf….” His voice was muffled, most likely by Zico.

“Sorry about—mm—tha—that,” Zico sounded as if he was struggling with something.

“I think I’m the one in trouble with Jihoon oppa,” I say quietly.

“Don’t worry about—mm—it,” Zico reassured me. “Have a safe trip, and—mm—do a good job—mm—make us proud! Bye!”

“Thank You! Bye!” I smiled as I hung up the call with Zico. I am ready to go on this adventure! Thank you, to everyone who encouraged me on!

 

___________________

You like??

Hello, hello! I know I have been missing for a couple of months. I did not know what to write, so I couldn't continue. I finally got some inspiration to squeeze this chapter out of my brain. Please, PLEASE take this poll. It will help me a lot to see what my readers  like.  

I hope you find yourselves in good health and please keep supporting this story line!

Also, Thank you to my new subscribers:

AmberrJane_x                                               MarthaMikkelsen                                                      lizhacha

Blahblahblah96                                  Pandaisawsome                                        dobibaby

          kristoria                             Stephanie25Ruiz                       Nthinglz4ever

 

I will never get tired of watching this hottie! Lol!

I'd like to take a moment and reevaluate my life.... Nah! I rather watch these guys! 

Did everyone else enjoy this episode of Running Man?? I know I did! Especially when he fell on his nose! I couldn't stop laughing! I love this guy too much! I'm so glad that he and Jihyo won!! 

There he goes!!

Our poor baby hust his nose... OoJujuju!!

He fell so cute though! I can't!

Subscribe! Comment! Enjoy!!!