Welcome to the YG Family

Feels Like a Fantasy

No one’s POV

Wahh~!  Mino exhaled. I am never like this with any girl I meet for the first time. Why was I like that with her? She’s probably going to think that I'm a playboy…. I'm an ANGEL!!

Mino walked back to the recording room where he was working in before he met up with Erika. He went in and slumped down in one of the chairs lost in thought.

--

“I like you,” Mino said softly.

He could see the shock in Erika’s eyes; they grew unbelievably wide. When he saw the amazingly red blush creeping up her cheeks he realized what he said.

“Ahh! Oh! N-no, not like that!,” He protested with both hands waving in front of him in denial. “Aish, pabo!” he murmured to himself, flustered. His cheeks also began to burn up in embarrassment.

At the sight of Mino lightly hitting his head with his fist she found him adorable. She couldn’t hold back her laugh as she witnessed the reaction of the flustered boy.

“It’s ok, I understand,” Erika told Mino as she tugged his fist away from his head to make sure he didn’t cause any bruises on himself.

Mino looked up with his mouth slightly open at what Erika did. He expected her to get up and leave him behind for being a wierdo. He looked down at his wrist which was being held down by Erika. She also looked down and realized what she was doing. She quickly let go and apologized.

Well this was awkward, Erika thought to herself.

Mino cleared his throat. “Umm…are you done?” He asked pointing to Erika’s plate.

“Yes,” she got up and was about to pick up her tray, but Mino had beaten her to it.

“I’ll do it,” Mino said.

It was not until this time that Mino spoke that Erika realized that Mino had been talking in Korean all along. Wow! Did I just understand everything he said? She thought, amazed. Maybe I can learn Korean much faster than Seunggi oppa thought.  

“Let’s go,” Mino interrupted her thoughts. I hope she doesn’t feel uncomfortable around me now….

Erika followed behind and they both got in the elevator once it arrived to pick them up to the top floor. An awkward silence fell between them, but soon was interrupted by Mino.

“How much you stay in Korea?” Mino asked.

Erika looked up at Mino mesmerized at how much his English had improved in the past five years. She remembered the time when she first saw him in a drama. He had caught her attention because of his cringe worthy Engrish, but now he could almost make out complete sentences with a much improved accent.

“Umm… 2 years,” She answered.

“Oh,” Mino said out loud and went back to being silent.

Both of them were standing side by side almost leaning on the back wall of the elevator. Erika looked up and saw the reflection of both of them. She was reflected across one side of the sliding doors and Mino on the other. At the same time that she looked up, Mino did as well. Erika could not stop herself from having a smile grow on her face. This really must be a dream.

The elevator gave a ‘ding’ and announced that they had arrived to the top floor. Mino and Erika both walked out the elevator side by side but they stopped because they could not fit through the door way. Mino stepped aside to let her pass and followed from behind.

What do I say now? Mino thought. I don’t want to seem like a fool. She doesn’t think I'm a wierdo, right?

What should I say now? Erika thought to herself. I don’t want him to think I am a wierdo. I can't seem too desperate to see him again… but I do want to….

Mino oppa walked beside Erika as they made their way to Yang sajangnim’s office. Their arms brushed against each other as they walked. Erika’s eyes were plastered on where her feet were taking her; she was too embarrassed to face Mino right now.

Mino on the other hand kept taking glances at her. After a short while of walking Mino give off a throaty chuckle.

Mino saw that she was in deep thought and decided to speak up first.

“Why are you so shy?” Mino asked.

Erika looked up to meet eyes with his and she felt a blush grow on her cheeks.

“I-I—I don’t know,” she stuttered in Korean.

Mino then laughed and swung his arm around her shoulder. Erika’s heart started to race at the thought of being so close to Mino. She never would have imagined this happening to her.

“You're going to be easy to tease,” Mino said to himself, but she could not understand exactly what he said. Mino kept laughing as they headed to Yang sajangnim’s office.

They stopped in front of Yang sajangnim’s office door. Mino then took his arm off her shoulders and Erika could feel Mino’s warmth fade as he stepped back and a shiver went down her spine.

“Thank you, Mino-sshi.”

“Ani-ya, it was my pleasure. And please, call me oppa,” Mino said with a huge smile on his face.

They said good bye as Erika was ushered into Yang sajangnim’s office by his secretary.

--

“Ahh!! Kill me now!” Mino screamed out loud as he covered his face.

“What me to kill you, then?” Someone walked in the recording room that Mino was in.

Mino looked up surprised at who was paying him a visit. They met each other frequently, but Mino was expecting his guest until tomorrow.

“Hyung, what are you doing here?” Mino asked the tall brunet.

“Ahahaha! What? You want me to leave,” He joked as he took a seat beside Mino. “What happened that made you want to die?”

“Ah…it’s nothing, Zico hyung,” Mino responded.

“Ya, inom-ah, now you're hiding things from me?” Zico jokingly hit Mino on the arm as Mino double over to protect himself. “Anyways, have you worked on your lyrics for the track I sent you?”

“AH! Yeah, check it out!”

Mino and Zico both got working on their project at hand.

 

------------------------------------

Erika’s POV

I stared down at the paper before me. My eyes gave away the shock while looking at my schedule.

It read:

7am-10am: Workout at Gym

10:30am-2pm: Korean Language Class

2pm-3pm: Break (Eat and study time)

3pm-6pm: Entertainment lessons

6:10pm-9pm: Acting Class

“This is your schedule for the next 2 months,” Seunggi oppa informed me. “You should be prepared enough for the drama with these classes.”

“Ne,” was all that came out of my mouth. I was speechless. I will be spending 14 hours studying and training for the next month. And by the looks of it, I do not even have one day of the week off.

“I hope you will be ready by the end of this 2 months period,” Seunggi oppa said with a smile on his face.

“I will do my best,” I responded. I did want to learn Korean, and I always dreamed of being an actress, but isn’t this a little too much for one person? Maybe this is a bit similar to what KPop idols go through, only I have a feeling I have it more simple than they do.

“You will be appointed to a manager within a week, and you can move in your apartment as soon as you can,” Yang sajangnim spoke this time. “But for now you can ride along with Winner and Winner’s manager in order to come and go from YG, since your apartment is in the same building as their's.”

“I'm getting a manager?” I asked in astonishment.

“Yes, and you will both live in the same apartment, so make sure you leave one room empty for him,” Yang sajangnim informed me.

“‘Him?’” I asked in surprise. I will have to live in the same apartment as a man? I mean, I'm not hiding anything, and I don’t dress too provocative, ever, but will it be safe?

“Yes, he has been trained to be a manager, and we always make a background check on our staff. Everything should be fine,” Yang sajangnim informed me.

I instantly felt my body relax a bit. I trust Yang sajangnim, even if I have never met him before. He gives an aura that makes me feel like I can trust him, with my life even.

He smiled and what he said next made my heart flutter: “Welcome to the YG Family.”

--

I walked out of Yang sajangnim’s office behind Seunggi oppa.

“Well, take care,” Seunggi oppa waved at me. “I will have your luggage moved to your new apartment. Use this as your free time for now, since you will not have much time for the next 2 months. I will be in contact with you to see your progress. Work hard, I really want you in my drama. Fighting!” With that said he left.

“What do I do now?” I asked out loud.

I walked down the halls, just snooping around. I had to wait for Winner’s manager to come back with the other members who had a schedule today.

I mindlessly walked until I saw that I had walked to the same spot where I had met up with Mino a while ago. A blush formed on my cheeks. I leaned against the wall next to the door to the recording room. I sighed.

Just then someone came out the door in a hurry and brushed very close past me making me stumble and slide down the wall.

“Jwesonghabnida (I'm sorry),” the guy yelled as I saw him rush into the restroom.

I stood up as I brushed my hands on my pant legs.

“Are you ok?” I heard Mino say. “I heard some voices and then I saw you getting up.”

“Ah…yeah I'm fine,” I smiled up at him. How is it that I keep seeing him while I'm here? Wait, I'm outside the recording studio I met him earlier, stupid me….

“Ah……” Mino seemed like he did not know what to say.

“Umm… I'll just go to the lounge,” I said as I started to walk away.

“Who was that?” I heard someone ask Mino.

“Umm… a new actress here,” was the last thing I heard Mino say to the other man.

I walked to the stairs since I didn’t feel like taking the elevator. I climbed up a couple of flights of stairs until I reached the floor with the cool lounge. I was about to go sit when I saw someone was there already, sitting with his back facing me. There were many sofas and chairs to sit in, but I didn’t want to intrude, so I turned around and started to head to the cafeteria instead.

“Jogiyo (Excuse me),” a familiar voice called out.

I turned my head slightly to see if he was calling for me. I was stuck in place. The man, now in front of me was none other than Daesung. He was looking at me with a confused smile.

“Do you have a purpose here?” He asked in Korean.

“Umm…” I couldn’t answer. 1) I didn’t know enough Korean to fully understand and answer him, and 2) I just met Daesung! Kang Daesung of Big Bang! One of the BB Kings! Ok, now I can totally go die peacefully.

“Do you have an authorized pass to be here?” He asked again.

“I don’t think she understands you,” someone spoke behind me. I turned around and almost fainted. I was less than a foot away from TWO of the BB Kings. First Daesung, now Taeyang. “Hello, I'm Taeyang,” he introduced himself, he held his hand out and I shook it.

“Hello, my name is Erika Virgen,” I felt like I had to introduce myself formally in front of these amazing artists. I tried to keep my cool as I spoke.

“You must be the new actress that Hyun-suk hyung recruited,” Taeyang said and I simply nodded. Taeyang then explained to Daesung who I was and I earned a huge smile from him.

“Welcome to YG,” Daesung beamed. “So you are the one of the rumors running around YG.”

“People talk about me?” I asked; I was shocked.

“Yeah, you're pretty much the hot topic at YG right now,” Taeyang clarified. “Come take a seat. There is no need to be shy.”

I followed Taeyang as he sat on one of the couches, and I sat across from him as Daesung took a seat in a chair beside the couch Taeyang sat in.

“So how do you like YG so far?” Taeyang asked.

“It’s really nice, better than I expected actually,” I said, trying to not sound over enthusiastic. I didn’t want Taeyang and Daesung think I was a crazy fan who managed to get into their company.

“Oh, so you already knew about YG?” Daesung asked.

“Yes,” I nodded.

“Do you know who we are?” Daesung asked.

“Yes,” I nodded again, but this time a blush rising up to my cheeks.

“Ah….so you must be a KPOP fan, I'm guessing,” Taeyang stated rather than asked, but I still nodded.

“Umm…how long have you been a fan,” Daesung asked again.

“About five years,” I said.

“Oh, so you like the younger generation of idols,” again Taeyang stated.

“Actually, I like many different groups, and some are from the earlier generations,” I corrected Taeyang, and he nodded in understanding.

“Why did you come here?” Taeyang asked this time.

“I-I was offered a role in Lee Seunggi-sshi’s drama,” I stuttered a bit, taken aback by the question.

“Are you sure you are here to work as an actress only?” Taeyang asked in a very serious voice which made Daesung shift in his seat a bit.

“Yes,” I stated with conviction this time. I love Taeyang and Daesung as artists, but I didn’t want to feel like they were underestimating me.

“How long are you staying?”

“Two years.”

“I hope you know that YG has a good reputation in the entertainment industry,” Taeyang stated.

“Hyung, you're going to scare her off,” Daesung said with a small laugh to lessen the tension.

“No, I understand,” I stated with confidence. “I have been a great YG fan for some time now, and I do not plan to harm my favorite company.”

“Good,” Taeyang said in a serious tone and stood up from the couch. “Now, do you want something to drink?” He asked with the most angelic smile I have ever seen.

He was messing with me, huh? I concluded. He is known to love teasing others. But I will not make it be all a play, I will stay true to my word, I want to succeed and make YG look even better. I will work with all my energy.

 

_______________________________________

A/N: How was it? You like?? 

Sooooo.... I kind of teased you with Zico's entrance... Mwahaha!! This is not how I want them to officially meet, so for now, no ZicoxOC interaction. Mwahahaha!!

Enjoy!!