YG Artists

Feels Like a Fantasy

No One’s POV

Erika sat on a comfy couch while reading a book off the bookshelf in the lounge room, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban to be exact. No matter how many times she has read the Harry Potter series Erika never seems to get tired of it.

Erika had been waiting for 4 hours in the lounge after Taeyang had to go back to work and Daesung left because he knew that Erika would not understand much. Erika did not mind, she had spent most of her life as a loner; her hobby was reading and listening to music after all.

“Hyung, go talk to her,” a boy whispered to his teammate.

“Why me?” the other responded.

“Because you know English,” the first boy reasoned.

“So?”

“Just go, Bobby hyung, you said you saw her during her audition,” the first reasoned again.

“Yah, Chanwoo, I am not supposed to know about that,” Bobby said.

“Just go!” Chanwoo slightly pushed Bobby forward.

Erika was too into her book to notice the boys having a small argument a few feet from her, and she had her headphones on as well. She was interrupted when she felt someone tap her shoulder.

“Ahh… Hello,” Bobby said with a big eye smile making his cute puffy eyes turn into small crescent moons.

“Oh! Hello,” Erika stood up and bowed to Bobby.

“Umm… so you are new here,” Bobby scratched his nape. Of course she is pabo-ya! He mentally face palmed himself.

(Erika’s POV)

“Yes,” I responded. I was having a hard time coping with the fact that I have met so many YG artists in just one day.

“Cool,” Bobby did not know what else to say. He motioned for me to sit back down and he took a seat across from me. Chanwoo deserted him right after he was pushed toward me.

“What’s your name?” Bobby started since he didn’t know exactly how to start the conversation.

“Oh! My name is Erika,” I said with a big smile on my face.

“Nice to meet you, I'm Kim Jiwon, but call me Bobby,” Bobby responded.

“I know. I'm a fan.”

“Oh! You know iKON?”

“Yes, I’ve been a fan since WIN.”

“Ahh…. So, where are you from?”

“Texas.”

“Nice! I bet you already know where I'm from, though. Hahaha!”

“Yes.”

“Erika, you're still here?”  Mino then interrupted Bobby and me.

“Oh! Ne, I'm waiting for your manager,” I started but then a confused face was plastered on Mino’s face.

“My manager? Why?” Mino asked.

I looked over at Bobby and he must have understood that I needed help translating. He nodded as he looked at me with really sweet eye smile.

“Yang sajangnim told me that I will be moving in an apartment in the same building as Winner, but since I still don’t have a manager I can ride with Winner so that I can come and go from YG for a week,” I explain, and Bobby was nice enough to try his best in translating.

“Really?” Mino asked in shock, but then exclaimed in understanding. “That’s awesome!”

“Hyung, I have to go practice,” Bobby stood up and bid both Mino and I goodbye. I just looked at his rearview as Bobby walked away. 

“So,” Mino started as he sat down in front of me. “What you doing?”

I laughed a bit at the awkwardness, “Nothing much.” I looked down to the book in my hands and lifted up to let Mino know I was reading.

“Wow! You read those huge books?” Mino’s eyes widened in surprise and his mouth was slightly ajar.

“Heheh…yeah.”

“What were you listening to?”

At his question I blushed violently. I only listen to Korean music and that is exactly what I had been listening to. I had my player on shuffle for all songs, but what made me blush was the thought of Mino finding out whose music started playing right at this moment. I was about to shove my phone behind me when Mino caught on the situation.

A sly smirk reached his lips with a hint of mischief in his eyes. Mino was very quick and he leaned over the coffee table to take my phone out of my hand. My headphones unplugged from my phone on the process and now the music was playing out loud.

“Niga eobsi sarado
Niga eobsi bammeokgo
Niga eobseodo saljasin isseotda
Micheo saranghaesseotdeonsiganeun
Ijeobeorinchae orae orae salgeotcheoreom.”
 
(BoM—Without You)

I covered my face because of the embarrassment.

“Oh!” Mino was surprised. “I-isn’t this BoM?” He looked up at me.

I cleared my throat, “Yes.”

“You know BoM?”

“Yes.”

“Then you know about Tagoon?”

“I think everyone knows about Tagoon by now, but yes,” I did my best to form a coherent sentence in Korean. “I've been a fan since 2012.”

“Really?” Mino looked like he was lost in his own mind as he played with my phone.

After several seconds passed Mino lost his concentration somewhere else, and I took this chance to take back my phone and turn off the music which had been playing all along.

A mixture of emotions over took me at the moment. I was upset that Mino took away my phone, but I was still happy that he knew that I have been his fan for several years now. Yet I felt like I was at fault for making him go into a trance. Was he thinking about the past? But what came out of my mouth surprised me. “Thank you,” I said softly.

“Huh?” Mino broke out his trance. He was taken aback by my words.

“Thank you,” I stated again, but this time louder.

“For what?”

“For not giving up.” I meant those words. I found out about KPOP later than many people, but Mino was one of the first artists I found out about so he was more special to me, and seeing him go through hardships and just thinking of him pushing forward, I was glad he persevered and is now one of the most well-known rappers in Korea.

Mino blushed at my comment. I saw that he was having a hard time coming up with words. He did not know what to say, and I wouldn’t blame him; I did blurt out my thoughts just now. But I am glad I said them, though could it have been too early? I did just meet him this week…. Ugh!! KILL ME NOW!!

As if I had called someone to the rescue, our awkward interaction was interrupted by a text message.

From: 010-xxx-xxxx

Erika, I just sent your luggage to your new apartment. You have the information and key, right? Have a good rest, and start working hard tomorrow! Fighting! –Lee Seunggi

I just realized I did not have Seunggi oppa’s phone saved so I proceeded to do so.

Mino saw that I was on my phone, “What is it?”

“What?”

“Your face expression, it changed. You look excited.”

“Oh! Hahaha! Yeah….” I have a habit of making my emotions visible though my face, something I got from watching so many Korean variety shows;  my friends always laughed at my different expressions because they looked a bit exagerated compared to the usual facial expressions used in America, but now I was happy that someone actually knew what my expression meant, finally.

“Erika-sshi,” we were once again interrupted. Mr. Park, the translator that helped me out earlier arrived followed by another man.

“Oh! Hyung, you're here?” Mino spoke to the other man. “Erika, this is our Gong manager.”

“Annyeong haseyo!” I bowed.

“Mr. Gong will take you to your apartment, once everyone is ready to leave.” Mr. Park informed me and I nodded in understanding.

Finally I get to go home, I exhaled. I will finally get to go to my apartment and rest for the night. But won't it be scary to live alone for the next week? I'm too much of a scary-cat….

“Just wait a little bit more, and then we will leave,” Gong manager said.

“Ne,” I nodded.

“Just sit down, we still have to wait,” Mino motioned to the couch I was sitting in, but I took the book that I was reading and headed to put it back on the book shelf.

The book shelf stretched across the whole back wall of the lounge room and the Harry Potter books were at the very top of the shelf since not many people read them. I had to use a little stool in order to reach the book when I got it, but it was now in the use as a foot rest by someone else. I don’t like to disturb others so I just tried to put it up without the use of the stool. I am not short nor petite, I'm actually 172cm tall (5'8"), but I still had to tip toe in order to reach the top self, but even then I was too short.

I suddenly felt someone come from behind me and take the book from my hand. I was squished between the book shelf and the person who was helping out. I could feel the way the muscles in his chest moved through our shirts, becuase of the closness. The person also had to get on his tip toes but he reached the top shelf easier than I did.

As the person stepped back from me I turned around and saw a blushing Mino.

He cleared his throat, “We should go now.”

“N-Ne,” I stuttered.

Mino walked ahead of me as I followed close behind. He went down to the first level of the building and headed out into the parking lot. Mino then led me to Winner’s van and opened the front passenger door for me.

“Ah! I can go in the back,” I started to protest but he just smiled.

“No, you have to see the night streets,” Mino said.

I got in the van and he closed the door for me as well. Mino then proceeded to sit in the seat behind the driver’s side. We were the only ones in the car and in silence, but for once it was not awkward. We waited for the rest of the Winner members to come to the car.

About 2 minutes passed before Gong manager got in the car and the van and the A/C since it was very warm. Soon after Nam Taehyun, Lee Seunghoon, and Kang Seungyoon climbed in the van.

“Oh!! Who are you?” Taehyun and Seungyoon asked in unison, shocked to see me in the van.

“Guys, this is Erika, she is going to be riding with us for the next few days to and from YG,” Mino explained as we started to depart YG. “She is a new actress at YG and she moved in the same apartment building as us. She doesn’t speak Korean, though.”

“Ahh…” The three other Winner members said in unison. “Nice to meet you!”

“Nice to meet you, too,” I said in return and slightly bowed my head as much as I could due to the restrain from the seat belt.

“Should we introduce ourselves?” Taehyun asked softly.

I was still looking at them and saw that they were about to do their salute, and I made eye contact with Mino who had an amused look on his face.

“Guess Who’s Back? We Are Winner! Annyeong haseyo, Winner ibnida!” They all said in unison, with the exception of Mino.

“Pwahahahahahahahah!!!!” Mino started laughing like a fool after Winner introduced themselves. Because of the sight of Mino laughing I ended up laughing as well, but not as loud as him.

The other members just looked at us in confusion.

“Hahahaha!!! AHHH!!! How embarrassing!” Mino shouted, shaking his hands fisted cutely in front of his face.

“Yah! What are you doing?” Seunghoon protested while Taehyun just looked at Mino weirdly and Seungyoon had a dumbfounded look.

“She knows who we are,” Mino managed to say through breaths.

“Wahhh!!!" Seungyoon protested in disbelief. "Why didn’t you say it before?” He smacked Mino's arm playfully.

“Ah!! So embarrassing!!” Taehyun managed to scream out while hiding his face behind his hands.

“Where’s Kim Jinwoo-sshi?” I managed to ask after everyone had calmed down.

“He had a different schedule as us, he is already back at the dorms,” Seunghoon stated.

“Ahh…” I nodded.

“So, who is your favorite in Winner?” Seungyoon asked.

“Uhhh…” I did not know what to say. I did have a bias in Winner, but I could not just simply say it out loud.

“Don’t ask, you might regret it,” Mino said, which made the other members yell out in ‘woah’ and ‘woo’.

I just laughed at their interaction. Have I said that I can die happily now?

Before I knew it we were already in the underground parking lot of our apartment building. We all got out the van and walked up to the elevator. I took out the paper that had my apartment information and my code to open the door.

Mino took the paper from my hand and saw the information. “Oh! This is three floors below ours.”

“Really?” I asked excited.

“Can we walk her there, hyung?” Mino asked.

“I don’t know if that is a good idea,” their manager informed. I didn’t quite understand what Gong manager said, but I can infer from their face expressions, and I agree that it might not be a great idea to follow me to my apartment. What if there were people watching out for Winner?

“I'll cover up my face,” Mino began to plan out. “The others can go up to the dorm while we both walk her to her apartment.”

“Araso,” Gong manager gave in with a sigh. “Just this one time.”

“Assaa!!” Mino rejoiced as the others just groaned. They probably wanted to come along as well.

We reached my floor and Mino, Gong Manager and I walked off the elevator as the other three went up to their own dorm.

We quickly found my apartment and I punched in the code into the door lock and then slid down the cover and the door beeped open. I turned around to see Mino with a big smile on his face which was half hidden by his hoodie.

“Welcome home,” Mino whispered. Gong manager and Mino turned to leave and I went into my apartment.

I took my shoes off at the entrance and walked in further with my socks on only, since there were no slippers. I was amazed at the interior of the apartment. I thought it would be relatively empty, but on the contrary, the apartment was completely furnished. There were two large white leather couches, and long glass coffee table, and a TV situated on top of a short wooden TV stand. In the kitchen there was a medium sized marble table with four chairs around it. The kitchen had a sufficient amount of the main things I would need, such as a rice cooker, 6 plates, 3 bowls, 6 glasses, and 3 mugs, a couple pairs of chopsticks, some spoons and forks and so on. There was a medium sized bag of rice under the sink, several different types of vegetables and fruit, some drinks, and other necessary things that will last for about 2 weeks inside my refridgerator.

I walked into the mini hall between the kitchen and the living room. I walked into the door to my left and saw it was a bedroom with a queen sized bed with nice blueish gray covers. The wallpaper was a light shade of blue and it had a wide glass window that opened to a small balcony. 

I walked out of the room and went to the door right in front of the bedroom. I walked into another bedroom, but this time the bed was sporting navy blue covers. The room was pretty much an exact replica of the other only in a reflection. I walked out of this room and opened the door between the two bedrooms and found the full bathroom. There were towels and toothbrushes in there already.

I walked back to the entrance because there were two more doors there. The first door at the entrance turned out to be a shoe covert, and the next one was a closet for coats and such.

I walked back to my luggage and hauled it the room that I would be taking. I turned to the left door and entered once again. I left my luggage at the entrance of the room and I slumped onto the bed. I grabbed one side of the blueish gray cover and wrapped it over myself.

I should rest now… I thought. Tomorrow will be tough. But first, let me take a shower! Heheheh!! I get to use the bathroom first! I will play my music out loud without having anybody complaining about it. I will enjoy this week to myself! Erika, fighting!!

--

I got out the shower and wore my pajamas. I walked to my bed and buried myself inside my soft covers. Buzz, my phone went off.

From: <3 Mino Oppa <3

Have a good rest. See you tomorrow. :)

As I read it I wondered how I got Mino’s phone number. I don’t remember asking him, nor him asking me for my number. Then it clicked in, He is so sneaky!! He got my number when he took my phone from me at the lounge.

Nevertheless, I smiled as I read his message. I sure hope this is not just a dream.

 

___________

 

(Embarrassed...) Mino cutie-pie! 

How was this chapter? You like??

Please do Comment and Subscribe!  Enjoy!! ^^

If not... I cry cry... ㅠㅠ

It's alright, Minioats! ^^