Take a Rest

Feels Like a Fantasy

No One's POV

Erika has been very occupied the last 3 weeks. The drama was now coming to an end, and so there were more action scenes involved in the shots. She only had enough time to go to her house to wash up and then head back to film. She had not even stepped a foot in YG for the past month. And when she did have free time she would usually spend it memorizing her lines at her house.

She was so busy that she forgot about her own birthday and was only reminded when the cast brought out a cake. Erika was moved to tears. She got several small presents from co-workers and staff. Her manager got her a new body pillow, which she could not let go for the rest of the day. Jaejoong gave her a cute pair of earrings with the shape of bears. Yoohwan gave her a cute, round cactus in a little pot, which to everyone’s surprise Erika was more than delighted to receive. The small cactus made her think about her Godmother and Grandmother who love cacti as much as Erika does.  

That night when she got home a huge teddy bear, almost the size of the entrance was waiting for her as she entered the apartment. To her surprise she heard several people yell out “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!” out of all sides of the house. Mino stood up from behind the bear, Seunghoon was kneeling in front of the couch, Taehyun came out of her room, and Seungyoon and Jinwoo came out from the kitchen with a really delicious looking cake. Erika was able to experience the caked-face tradition. She was completely covered in cake and she was about to scold the guys for wasting a perfectly fine cake on her face when Taehyun brought out another one from the fridge, but that one was made of ice cream. All seven of them spent that night talking and laughing while they ate the ice cream cake. Mino sat beside Erika most of the time and would sometimes feed her really big spoonfulls of ice cream making Erika get brain freezes, which everyone would then laugh at.

Mino and Erika had become so close to each other that sometimes Seungyoon would become suspicious about the two of them. It was not only Seungyoon who was suspicious, almost everyone in YG thought that maybe there was something going on, but they knew better than that. Both Mino and Erika were too busy to have a love life and they all recognized Erika as someone with a lot of integrity.

The days that followed were very hectic. The drama had reached second place most viewed drama of the year. People started to accept Erika as the lead actress. Erika was always praised for her good acting and how she could move the viewers’ hearts with a simple stare, or so the headlines would state. However, every time Erika saw such headlines she felt a great burden increase on her shoulders. She was glad that people were now enjoying the drama that she has work hard for along with the other actors, but she felt that if she messed up or lowered her guard while acting she would disappoint the audience.

--

Erika is standing in one of the dance studios in YG practicing her lines in front of the mirror. It was her first time to go to YG in a long time.  Today was Erika’s free day since none of the scenes that were going to be filmed today had her in them, but she did not want to me a slug and not do anything.

Erika had her script at hand, only looking at it once in a while to check if she recited her lines correctly, if she didn’t she would reprimand herself and repeat the line in her head to memorize them. The director told her not to beat herself up by memorized every little line and just go with the feeling, but she was just more comfortable memorizing them. Erika was the type of person that will beat herself if she makes a mistake as punishment. Almost as if she was playing Indian Bap by herself.

Erika did not go home last night since she had had a shoot and she decided to just come straight to YG. She did not eat much, only some bites of a sandwich she had made herself in the kitchen at YG when she arrived, and some water. She was now reciting one of her lines when she heard someone knock on the door. The new girl group at YG was walking in to the studio and greeted Erika with a bow. Erika smiled and bowed back at them.

“Do you need the studio?” Erika said as she got her things together.

“It’s ok; we can wait for a bit.”

“No, I was about to go on a small break either way.”

Erika started for the door when she all of a sudden got very dizzy and nauseous. She put out her hand and steadied herself against the wall.

“Ivy, are you ok?” Jisoo was quick to react. She grabbed onto Erika’s other arm and helped her gain her balance.

“I'm ok, don’t worry,” Erika nodded and smiled at Jisoo.

Erika made her way to the restroom to wash her face. Maybe it’s because I haven’t slept, she thought. Jisoo was worried and followed Erika. When Erika got to the restroom she splashed some water on her face. Jisoo bumped onto Mino while she was following Erika and so they both arrived to the restroom to see Erika holding herself up by leaning onto the ledges of the sink.

“Erika,” Mino started but was soon cut short.

Erika felt her knees give out from under her before her vision when dark. Mino caught her before she hit the ground. He was squatting on the floor as he held her in his arms. He looked around the room reached for Erika’s backpack to get her cellphone. He quickly found it and punched in the password and dialed her manager’s phone number. On the third ring Kwon manager answered.

“Hyung, it’s Mino. Erika fainted. We are in the restroom in the basement floor. I'm taking her up to the 1st floor, meet me there,” Mino quickly got to the point and ended the call. He placed Erika’s phone in his pocket and proceeded to try and carry her in bridal style. With the help of Jisoo Mino took Erika’s belongings as he rushed towards the elevator. Kwon manager was already in the elevator when it reached for Mino with Erika in his arms. Kwon manager made room for Mino to step in.

“What happened?” Kwon manager asked in urgency. He had never experienced this before. Erika was not the type to cause trouble.

“I'm not sure, I was just fortunate enough to find her before she collapsed on the floor.”

Kwon manager took Erika’s belongings from Mino to relieve him from some weight. He then took off his coat and covered Erika’s upper body.

“Hyung, there’s a mask in my left pocket, can you put it on me, please? And raise the hood over my head too.” Mino did not want any trouble to arise from this image.

Kwon manger did as told and then sprinted out towards the van in the parking lot and pulled it up right next to the entrance. Mino did his best to place Erika in the van and he climbed over to the other seat beside Erika in the back. He quickly shut the door and buckled Erika up. He reached for Erika’s phone once again but this time he called Yang Hyun-suk.

“Hello,” Yang CEO answered on the forth ring.

“Sajangnim,” Mino spoke up.

“Mino? Why are you calling through Erika’s phone?”

“Erika fainted and we are now on our way to the hospital.”

“What? What do you mean she fainted? Where are you exactly right now?” Yang sajangnim raised his voice worry.

“We are about to arrive at the Kangbuk Samsung Hospital on Saemunan-ro, Jongno-gu,” Mino informed.

“Ok, I'll be there soon.” Yang sajangnim got up from his desk. He went to the cabinet where he stored the information of his works and artists and took out Erika’s documentations. He quickly put on his thin coat as he took his car keys off his desk and rushed out of his office.

“Sajangnim, where are you going in such a rush?” Seungri walked behind Yang sajangnim as he made his way to the parking lot.

“Now is not the time, Seungri,” Yang sajangnim warned.

“Why? Did something happen?”

“You don’t need to know,” Yang sajangnim exited out the building with that said. He rushed to the hospital.

Meanwhile, Seungri was left at the entrance by himself. “Something big must have happened, I have to find out.”

He walked to the basement floor to start his investigation from there. Oh how lucky he was! The girl group in the practice room was bustling with noise. They were openly talking about the incident just then and Seungri got his scoop in the story. So Ivy fainted, no wonder Yang sajangnim was so flustered. She is YG’s favorite after all…. Seungri thought to himself as he walked back to the lounge, which is where he was before rushing after Yang sajangnim.

--

The van stopped in front of the emergency doorway. Mino swung the van’s door open and hopped out and took Erika into his arms once again. He walked in through the sliding doors and was met with a couple of nurses. He put Erika down on one of the stretchers that the nurses rushed towards him with. Erika was then taken into an examination room and Mino was left waiting outside as he paced back and forth.

“Please, oh God, let her be fine,” Mino prayed for Erika’s health. “How can she be so foolish to over work herself into unconsciousness? This is my fault, what kind of friend am I if I cannot protect her?” Mino was blabbering to himself.

“Mino-ya, sit down for a minute,” Kwon manager told Mino. “She will be fine.”

“Fine? She will be fine? She should not be in this type of situation in the first place,” Mino was losing his cool. “You are her manager; you should be the one to be taking care of her, making sure she does not go overboard with her work.”

“Calm down, Mino,” Kwon manager stood up and took hold of Mino’s shoulders and put some pressure on them.

Mino instantly went still and slumped his shoulders as he backed down on one of the seats. He had not had a lot of rest for the past couple of days because of recordings and preparations for Winner’s comeback. He covered his face with his hand and leaned his elbows on his legs.

“Where is she?” Yang sajangnim spoke up after he had regained his composure.

“She’s still in the examination room,” Kwon manager answered when he saw Mino was not responding.

“What happened exactly?” Yang sajangnim asked as he looked from Kwon manger to Mino and back.

“She has not been able to rest for a while. Today was supposed to be her day off but she refused to go rest,” Kwon manager tried explaining.

Yang sajangnim sighed and shook his head. He then looked over at Mino. “Why were you there Mino?”

Mino looked up at Yang sajangnim, “I was going to go look for Erika to go eat together since I found out she was in the building,” Mino then looked down at his palms.

Yang sajangnim saw the worried expression in Mino’s face and didn’t push any further and just patted his back a couple of times.

--

Erika was lying on a bed in the single patient room. The room was completely silent. The only sound that could be heard was her breathing and Mino’s soft snoring.

An hour has passes since she was brought out from the examination room. The test results would be coming out soon, but for the mean time she was in the bed with an IV needle infusing a clear substance into her vein. Mino did not want to leave her alone in the room, even though her manager was there, and decided to stay behind. Yang Hun-suk went back to YGE after he filled out the paperwork for the hospital.

Mino had Erika’s left hand in his and he rested his head on his forearm as he slept beside her; he had been praying for a while until he dosed off. A buzzing sound startled him awake. He checked Erika’s phone, but her phone did not have any notifications, and then he checked his own phone and he saw that he had several unread messages. He rubbed his eyes to get a better view of the contents.

From Seungyoon
Hyung, I heard Erika is in the hospital. How is she?

From Donghyuk
Hyung, is Erika fine?

From Jihoonnie
Have you seen the news? You are all over it with IVY in your arms! IVY!!

From Yang Sajangnim
Don’t forget you have a job! Don’t disturb Erika’s sleep, arasseo! And don’t worry about the news headlines; we will take care of it. Thank you for your hard work. Don’t stress yourself too much.

From Jiho Hyung
What happened? Are you ok? Is Erika Ok?

From Dana
Oppa, have you seen yourself on the news? You look like a superhero! Kekeke!

We are on the news?? Mino thought bewildered. And I thought I did my best to hide my identity…. Mino looked at Erika’s sleeping figure and then across the room to the empty chair which Kwon manager was seating in earlier. He looked back to his phone and started typing.

To Seungyoon
Don’t worry, she’s fine. She just overworked herself.

To Donghyuk
How did you guys find out? Aren’t you in Japan right now? Erika is fine though, she just overdid herself.

To Jihoonnie
It is no big deal! We are just that close! Kekeke!

To Dana
Yeah, don’t I look awesome? Oppa is the best!! Jjang!! :)

To Jiho Hyung
Wow!! News sure does travel fast!
Hyung, are you really worried about me or is it just an excuse to ask about Erika? Kekeke!
Erika is a hard worker, as we all know, but this time she just overworked herself. The doctor said she will be fine after some rest. They also did some tests on her, but the results are not out yet.

Mino responded to most of the texts, but to not worry others he joked a bit. Mino knows how much Erika likes to listen to music, even while she sleeps so he Erika’s phone and put one of her favorite playlists. There were songs from Block-B, some tracks from Zico’s mixtapes, some songs by YG artists, several old songs by HyukOh, some from Dok2, Jay Park, Verbal Jint, Mad Clown, Giriboy, and many more.

Mino’s phone buzzed again.

From Jiho Hyung
Yah! Of course I am concerned about the BOTH of you. So is she still asleep? What hospital are you at?

Mino read the message.

To Jiho Hyung
I told you, you only care about her…. Kekeke! Anyway, she is still sleeping. We are at Kangbuk Samsung Hospital. Why, are you coming over??

A few minutes passed before Mino received another text.

From Jiho Hyung
Do you want to die? I'm busy right now, I just wanted to know. Keep me informed, arasseo?

To Jiho Hyung
Ne, hyung

Mino put his phone down and took Erika’s back into his hands and lifted it up to his lips and sighed. “Why are you such a dummy?” Mino whispered into the back of her hand.

Erika slowly began to gain her consciousness. She slowly opened her eyes, but everything was blurry. Mino saw that she was waking up and stood up, slightly hovering over her left side.

“Erika,” Mino said softly. “Can you hear me?”

Erika blinked repeatedly until her vision became less blurry and she could see Mino’s face clearly. “Who-who are you?” Erika asked hoarsely.

“Ne?” Mino flinched back. Did she lose her memory? No, no, no!! This can't be happening! Mino started to panic inside. “Erika, it’s me, Mino,” he tried to explain.

“Min-no?” Erika made a confused face.

“Yah…. You really don’t re-remember m-me?” Mino began to stutter and his eyes started to glisten with tears.

“Mino…,” Erika said slowly as if trying to remember. She shook her head slightly and looked up at him, “I only know Huge Boy….” Erika then shot Mino a huge smile.

“Yah!!!” Mino yelled but caught himself. “Yah! Do you want to die? You are in a freaking hospital bed! You fainted! And now you are trying to be funny?” Some tears rolled down his eyes, but he wiped them off really quick.

“Oppa, I'm sorry,” Erika saw how serious Mino became. She had never seen him act so serious towards her.

“Forget it,” Mino said and leaned forward and gave Erika the most suffocating hug ever. She would have fainted again if he had not let go after a couple of seconds.

“What time is it? How long have I been sleeping?”

“It’s Saturday afternoon. You have been out for the past three days….” Mino said solemnly.

“What?!?” Erika could not believe her ears. “I have to go back to work! Why didn’t anybody wake me up? Now the schedule is all messed up? What am I going to do?” Erika began to panic and started to sit up when Mino pushed her back into the bed and burying her into the covers.

“Calm down,” Mino could not resist himself anymore. He let out a loud laugh that lasted for about a minute. Erika saw as he was clutching his stomach as he was rolled up in his chair. “You should have seen your reaction! Hahaha!! I lied! You have only been sleeping for three hours!” Mino kept laughing until he felt a pillow hit him on the side. Erika was sitting up glaring at him.

“You are so going to suffer when I get better,” Erika threatened Mino.

Just then Kwon manager walked into the room. “What are you doing? I can hear you yelling all the way from the other end of the hallway! Erika, you should be resting.”

“Ah… I'm sorry!” Mino stood up and bowed.

Erika smiled and lied back in bed. She had never had an IV drop stuck in her arm and it felt very uncomfortable just thinking there was a needle stuck right under her skin. She shivered and closed her eyes and listened to the music that was playing.

“Zico hyung has been worried about you,” Mino told Erika.

Her eyes shot open and she looked over at Mino with wide eyes. “What did he say? What did you tell him? How did he find out? Did you tell him?”

“No, he found out through the news; we are all over the news! Hahaha!! I am your superhero!” Mino cheekily winked at her, and she simply scoffed. “Anyways, he was just wondering how you condition was. I just told him you were sleeping like a sloth, sprawled all over the hospital bed-”

“Oppa!!!” Erika protested, “How could you say that!?!”

“Hahaha!! I'm kidding, I just told him you were sleeping and that you needed rest. Don’t worry, he still doesn’t know you snore while you sleep,” Mino kept teasing her.

Erika instinctively put a hand over , “Do I snore?” She asked shyly.

There was a knock at the door and then it opened. A tall middle-aged man wearing scrubs and a white doctor coat walked in.

“Hello, Erika-sshi,” he greeted the patient.

Mino and Kwon manager stood up from their chairs and bowed to the doctor.

“Oh, hello, I am Doctor Kim,” the doctor bowed back. “Well, the results of the tests are out. It appears that Erika-sshi is anemic and her stress levels are rather high as well.” He informed them, but mainly to Kwon manager. “She needs to have a healthy diet that contains a lot of iron. As for her stress level, just don’t over exhort yourself.” He looked at Erika and she nodded. “She should be fine to leave right after the IV drop is finished. Have a nice day.” With that said, the doctor left the room.

--

Soon after the IV drops were done Erika was discharged from the hospital. Kwon manager was taking Erika back home and Mino followed them. Once they were in the car Mino looked at his phone and remembered to text Zico back.

To Jiho Hyung
Hyung, Erika just got discharged from the hospital. We’re on our way home.

A minute passed before Mino’s phone buzzed again.

From Jiho Hyung
Do you not have work to do? Don’t you have a comeback soon? Why are you always with her? What will Yang sajangnim say?

To Jiho Hyung
Awe! Is somebody jealous? It’s ok, hyung. I'm still single! Kekeke! And Yang sajangnim is fine with me staying by Erika, since I am taking care of her. Melrong~~!

From Jiho Hyung
Yah Innoma (you rascal)! Be careful, she is not an ordinary girl. She is YG’s favorite, everybody knows that by now.

To Jiho Hyung
Don’t worry, hyung. I will keep in touch.

From Jiho Hyung
Arasseo….

Erika arrived to her house and Mino followed right behind her refusing to leave her alone even though she told him she was fine. Mino invited himself into Erika’s room and threw himself onto her bed and hugged the huge teddy bear he gave her for her birthday. This is the best gift I have ever given anyone, Mino thought as he snuggled closer to the teddy bear.

“Oppa, scoot over,” Erika said as he pushed him to the other side of the bed and got under the covers.

“Yah! I was getting comfortable,” Mino whined as he moved under the covers along with the body pillow between the two and the teddy bear on Mino's side.

“Then go over to your own apartment.”

“No, I like your bed and teddy bear and body pillow!”

“Then get your own,” Erika said drowsily.

“No,” Mino hushed down as well.

They both soon fell asleep to the sound of the rain outside.

 

__________________________________

Eottae? Eottae?? How was it? You Like?? 

Please Comment and subscribe! ENJOY!!! ^^