Introduction

Feels Like a Fantasy

(Author's Note: This chapter will be the introdution of the main character. IMPORTANT: The plot will really begin about halfway through this chapter)

_________________________________________________________

 

I am not a normal girl. Why? Because I don’t think I'm normal, simple as that. And because of that I think I have had trouble fitting in with others.

I tend to talk to myself when I'm alone, my friends are the weird, smart kids of the school, but most of them are younger than me. I only have one friend who is around the same age as me, but even so, she is younger than me. I don’t mind, though.

I am the type of person who will go to family festivities and end up playing with the little kids or talking to the elderly. You ask why? Trust me; I want to know as well…. It just happens.

I am Hispanic; born and raised in America, both parents Mexican. I am in love with the Asian cultures ever since I can remember, but it was not until the summer of 2012 that I stated to fall for Korean idols.

It is now 2017, and I am a full time college student with a part time job trying to pay off my school tuition. I have been studying to major in International Relations, so that one day, I can get to travel around the world, and hopefully go to South Korea as well. I really want to meet some of my oppas! But that seems almost impossible for me to get.

 

Spring 2017

“Hey, Time is too slow for me baby

Listen this girl”

I can hear my phone off to the distance ringing my alarm. I have a habit of changing my alarm sound so often that I forgot that today’s alarm was MBLAQ’s Cry. I almost thought I was dreaming about it.

I looked up with my fogged up gaze to look for my phone which had landed on the floor under my bed last night after I fell asleep watching the newest live performances by BTS and MyName. I was really tired after coming home from work late last night, but that doesn’t stop me from paying attention to what is new with my Korean boy groups, and some girl groups. Taeil oppa had just had a new comeback as well and I got so excited that I could barely concentrate at work and school. Yesterday morning I checked my phone to see if he was going to be live on V app and sure enough he was going to do a live countdown to his solo comeback, but I almost cried because it would start while I was already in class. So I ended up just watching the music video when I got out of class and watched the V App broadcast after I got home from work.

Speed also made a comeback and it was awesome. I am never disappointed by them. When I heard Taewoon oppa was leaving Speed I thought I would not like Speed as much since my bias was Taewoon, but fortunately I was still able to love Speed, nonetheless, while I also supported Taewoon oppa’s solo albums.

I finally got up from my bed and walked over to my window which I always kept blocked be a thick curtain so that I am never disturbed by the light from outside. My mom hates my room because it can get really dark, but I don’t like the sunlight seeping in through my blinds. I check if it’s cold enough to wear my sweater, but unfortunately winter is coming to a close soon, and spring will be here in no time.

I groaned as I walked into my restroom and took a quick shower. I changed into some baggy shorts and a loose white shirt. Even though my body has changed over the years, my way of wearing cloths didn’t. I have been a tomboy all my life, which also got on my mom’s nerves. She wants me to be more feminine. To dress in nice dresses and wear nice jewelry like her and my older sister, but I didn’t, even my dad wanted me to be more lady-like.

I walked out of my room with my hair wrapped in my towel. I saw that Amy was finally awake, so I decided to make scrambled eggs for breakfast since our first class started in about an hour. I was about to grab myself a glass of orange juice when I heard a knock at the door. Amy was in the restroom so I went to open it. It was none other than Amy’s boyfriend.

“Hey, sis!” Chris, Amy’s boyfriend, greeted me like that even though we are not blood related.

“Sup, hyung!” I smiled in return. 

I had taken up the habit of calling him “hyung” instead of “oppa”. I just found it more natural to call him “hyung” since I found the word “oppa” too girly for me to call him, the only ones I will call “oppa” are my KPop idols.

I invited Chris in and he went directly to the kitchen to check if there was something to eat.

“Yah! Are you a beggar? Do you not eat at your house?” I yell at him jokingly. I knew that most of his money was used to feed his beloved Guinea pigs. Amy was the same.

He served himself eggs and I serve both of us orange juice. I didn’t eat since I was not very hungry and just drank my juice.

I went into my room to get my book bag and headed out the room.

“Hyung, I'm going ahead,” I said as I was putting on my Converse. “Don’t be naughty!” I shouted as I walked out the door and I heard Chris laugh like a maniac.

I ran down the stairs of my apartment building and headed out the front door. I unlocked my bike’s lock and headed to school. I did not notice that a small black car was slowly driving in the street to the right of me. I just kept pedaling my bike. I rode onto campus ground and sped off through the outskirts of the campus to get to one of the buildings at the very back.

As I made my way to the building where my first class was, I thought I saw someone in the distance looking my way from across the street inside their car. I just thought it would be a crazy, over protective boyfriend of some girl walking somewhere nearby.

I made it to my class way before my class actually starts and I had to wait outside because the classroom was being used by another professor. As I waited I plugged on my headphones and started to listen to TVXQ’s Mirotic. I was bobbing my head until someone pocked my on my forehead as I bobbed my head forward. I looked up with furrowed eyebrows rubbing my forehead. I saw that the one who pocked me was my sitting buddy, Alex. He was a fanboy as much as I was and I was glad to see him because now we could fangirl/boy over KPop together.

We talked about Taeil oppa’s new song as we waited for our class to be emptied by the other students. We lost track of time that by the time that we walked in to the classroom most of the students of our class were seated already. Alex and I walked to the front row and sat in our seats.

***

After two hours of lectures my class was dismissed. My next class was canceled because my professor was sick. I waved bye to Alex and grabbed my bike to head to a nearby tree. I lay down under the tree’s shade and plugged in headphones to my phone and started to listen to music once again as I close my eyes.

Some time passed when suddenly I sense a presence in front of me and I open my eyes to see an Asian man who must be in his early 30s. I looked up confused not knowing what to say. I took off my headphones to hear what the man had to say.

“Hello?” I started off first.

“I'm sorry to disturb you, miss, but I have an order to take you to that car over there. Someone is there who wants to talk to you.” The man said.

“Oh! Yeah, sure I'll go!” I started off, “Heck, do you think I would be dumb enough to just go off with a stranger?” I stood up and grabbed my book bag and started to head off when he spoke again.

“Do you wish to be an actress?”

That caught me off guard. I paused a bit and said, “I would love to be an actress, but I don’t know you, and I don’t trust you.” And then I took off on my bike.

***

I got home and the first thing I did was make myself a double stack sandwich.

“Man, I was starving!” I said to no one in particular. I went into my room and faced Chanyeol who was pretending to eat an apple. “Wouldn't you prefer a sandwich?” I laughed at my weird self and sat on my bed.

I got on my computer to do some homework and finished it within a couple of minutes since it was just math. Math is and has always been my best subject. I then sidetracked and started to watch the newest drama with Woobin. I always giggle while I see him. Oh my gosh! How would I act if I were to ever meet him?  I giggled again as I thought about it. As if that’ll ever happen.

I went to sleep at midnight since I couldn’t stop watching the drama.

***

Next Day

I was about to heading back home form school the next day when a small black car stops nearby and the person in the passenger side comes out.

I was so shocked I felt my mouth drop to the ground. I felt my eyes bulge out and I couldn’t stop staring. Behind the guy who just stepped out the car was the person I met yesterday under the tree. They both walked my way and I moved aside while I composed myself, thinking that maybe they were just going to walk past me. But instead, they stopped right in front of me. I goggled at the first man that came out the car.

“Hello, nice to meet you, my name ish Lee Seunggi.” The first man said with a cute smile and a slight accent.

 (imagine this is what he looked like)

I just stayed shocked. I nodded my head a bit to show my understanding. No, inside my head I was more than understanding exactly what he said. I knew Lee Seunggi; I am his fan, and here I am meeting him in person.

“Hello,” I am able to choke out. “I'm Erika.”

Lee Seunggi just smiled and spoke in fluent Korean to the other man. I caught on to some of his words but I did not understand everything completely.

“Mr. Seunggi would like to have a talk with you at a nearby café if that is okay with you.” The other man translated.

I nodded and followed Lee Seunggi to the car. He opened the door for me as I stepped in. I put my backpack on my lap and rested my headphones around my neck. I looked out the car window as I tried to process what was going on.

We arrived outside a small café that I knew about because it was were Alex and I would come to fangirl/boy over KPop without having many people around. It has always been rather calm in here. The three of us walked into the café and orders three simple coffees. We sat in a booth near the backside of the café.

“Do you know South Korea?” Lee Seunggi asked.

“Ne, Chogeum yo. (Yes, a little bit.)” I spoke.

Lee Seunggi was a bit shocked that I spoke back in Korean, but soon composed himself. He then began talking to the other man who had simply introduced himself as Mr. Kim earlier.

“Mr. Lee wants to know if you would be interested to work for him in Korea,” Mr. Kim translated.

“I don’t know what to say,” I started. “I am a big fan of his, but I don’t know what he has to offer me.”

As Mr. Kim translated I could see that Lee Seunggi was looking for a way to convince me.

“Mr. Lee says that he is looking for a Hispanic girl with a good body figure to be the main actress of a drama that he took part in producing. He has been traveling around America and has been rejected three times already. He is really looking forward to your answer because if he fails to recruit someone that suits the main character of the drama, it will simply be cut and set for a revision which could take more than 2 years.” Mr. Kim translated everything Lee Seunggi had said.

I just looked at the coffee cup between my hands.

“Can I think it through?" I asked. "I am not even an acting student, and I don’t know that much Korean.”

Hope was soon plastered on Lee Seunggi’s face. I could see the sincerity he had towards asking me to be the main lead in his project.

It does not matter much that you are not an actress, nor know Korean,” Mr. Kim stated. “But it is best to decide now, because he also has to contact your parents. He only has two more days here in Texas.”

“Okay! I'll do it. I'll work hard to help out Lee Seunggi.” I stated after a few minutes of thinking.

“There is a catch, though,” Mr. Kim interrupted my excitement. “You have to find an agency in Korea to recruit you as an actress.”

I was dumbfounded. How can Seunggi ask me to star in his drama and then tell me to find an agency which will be willing to take me in? Will I be able to make the auditions?

 (Like a boss! Kekeke! JK!)

______________________________

Okay!! Intro done! You like?

Also, I PROMISE IT WILL GET MORE ENTERTAINING! ^^ 

Please Comment and subscribe! Well, enjoy!!