Unexpected Response

Feels Like a Fantasy

 

No One’s POV

“Oh
Boys and Girls It’s the BB
Don’t fool yourself
I got your back
You must up, up, up, up, up”

Erika woke up to her alarm with a stupid grin on her face. I will never get tired of this song, she smiled widely even though she got out of bed without energy. Erika dragged herself to the restroom to wash up and get ready for today’s schedule of recording at Inkigayo.

There is a reason why Erika put Block-B’s “Tell Me” as her alarm for today; there is a reason why she got up an hour earlier than she usually does; there is a reason why she woke up with a stupid grin on her face and it is not only because of the alarm song. Today Block-B will start their comeback promotions at Inkigayo! Erika jumped up and down in her room quietly as to not wake up Kwon manager.

It has been almost a month since the dinner with Zico. Mino never found out that Zico was actually late to pick Erika up, but she was not going to say anything to get her Zico oppa in trouble. “Heeheehee! Zico oppa…,” she spoke softly with an ever more stupid grin.

Erika is currently trying to find a nice dress that she can use for today’s recording. Hmm… should I wear the green one or the red one? No, red is too y. How about pink? But, I don’t like pink… I could make a sacrifice…. No, I like this magenta one. Yes!! She finally chose the dress. It was really simple, yet it accentuated her curves and stopped at mid-thigh without giving too view. She then looked back in her closet to look for a jacket since it is still chilly out, I think leather would fit well… Black or Khaki? In the end she chose a long snow white coat that reached her calves.

All along Erika was playing Block-B’s newest song, and just as she had expected, it was catchy as heck AND insanely well produced. No doubt about how talented Block-B is. Erika especially LOVES Taeil’s voice so much she just can’t get enough.

After getting dressed Erika went out into the kitchen to make herself some breakfast when she saw that Kwon manager was up. He came out of his room with his hair standing up in different directions and his eyes swollen and half closed. He sensed that Erika was in the kitchen and looked towards her.

“Ya!” Kwon manager finally opened his eyes widely. “Who are you trying to impress? I’ve never seen you wear that dress before. You look nice.”

Erika was left frozen in the kitchen dumbfounded, staring after Kwon manager as he disappeared into the restroom.

(Seven hours later at SBS Inkigayo)

Erika finally finished recording the introductions to all of the artists performing today. It is almost eight o’clock and all that is left for the recording crew is to shoot some of the last performances for the day. Erika headed back to her waiting room where it is warm thanks to the small heater brought in by the staff.

“Are you leaving soon?” Chanyeol looked up at her through the mirror in front of him.

“No,” Erika walked up to him and sat on the chair beside him. “I’m going to hang around for a little bit longer. I don’t want to go back home early; I have nothing to do there.”

“Oh,” Chanyeol looked down at his lap and then back at her. “I was just wondering if you wanted to catch something to eat, since we did not eat much today. I took half of your food earlier.” He scratched his head as he laughed softly.

“Mm…maybe next time,” Erika told him. “I really want to meet Block-B.” she smiled widely.

“Oh! You’re a fan of Block-B?” Chanyeol looked at her surprised.

Erika vigorously nodded with a huge smile on her face. “You have no idea how much of a fan I am!”

“You don’t really look like a Block-B fan,” Chanyeol chuckled. “Scratch that. You don’t look like you would listen to Hip Hop at all.”

“Why do you say that?” Erika was surprised to hear Chanyeol telling her this.

“Well, I thought you would be the type of person to listen to pop or something like that because of the way you present yourself. I guess I was a bit prejudice about your style of music because of the way you dress.” Chanyeol explained himself.

Erika just nodded, taking everything in. “That’s weird. I’m even signed under  YG Entertainment which is known for its Hip-Hop background,” she looked at him. “I just realized, you have not met my other side.” Erika smiled widely.

“You—your other side?” Chanyeol looked at Erika weirdly and curious at the same time.

“Mhmm,” she nodded. “I am actually not very girly as I may portray at times. I am actually more of a laid back tomboy girl that likes to listen to KHip-Hop (and other genres of music if they are in Korean, too).”

“Oh… nice to meet you, other side of Ivy,” Chanyeol nodded slowly.

“Hahaha! That other side of mine is called Erika,” she was rather amused at Chanyeol’s quick acceptance. “Well, more like ‘Ivy’ is the other me. ‘Erika’ is the original me.”

Chanyeol nodded and stood up and held Erika’s hand to help her get up. “Well, Erika, nice to meet you. Please take care of me!” Chanyeol stepped forward and hugged her.

Erika was ecstatic. Not many know this about Erika, but she is a total er for hugs. Erika smiled widely and hugged Chanyeol back. “Well, I am going to go around backstage and greet some of the idols,” she spoke up after letting go of Chanyeol.

“Do you mean, ‘Go around to stalk the Block-B members?” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow and laughed.

“I will not stalk them, I will only observe them to see what they are up to,” Erika laughed too. “I wouldn’t do such thing; it would be disrespecting their privacy. I will go and greet them personally and then go back home,” she spoke with a serious voice.

“Alright,” Chanyeol smiled and patted her head. “Take care, and get home safe, Erika!”

“Will do!” Erika basically ran out of the dressing room and headed to the idols’ dressing rooms. She looked at the papers’ on the doors to each room to check what groups were occupying each room until she found Block-B’s which was now full of drawings and scribbles on it. Erika was guessing the members where the ones to draw a cute, chubby bee and some words describing the members. Erika chuckled when she saw “Ordinary Existence B-Bomb” most likely from P.O.

She knocked on the door and there came a bunch of clattering and shouting from within the room. The door was opened to the presence of P.O.

He looked down at Erika, blinked once, twice, and took in her presence and a huge smile took over his face. “IVY! You’re here! Come in! Let me introduce you to my hyungs!” He wrapped his long slender fingers around Erika’s wrist and she blushed violently as he basically dragged her into the waiting room. “Look who came to visit!” P.O spoke loudly and the other guys and coordinators/stylists stared at her while she was being pushed forward by the maknae.

Erika cleared before speaking. “Annyeonghaseyo,” she bowed slightly. “My name is…uhh…I—Ivy….” Erika stuttered and her face turned an even darker shade of red.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Park Kyung was the first to walk up and greet her, quickly followed by Jaehyo, U-Kwon, B-Bomb and Taeil in order.

“I’m a huge fan of yours!” Park Kyung piped up with his signature wide smile.

“Me too, me too!” Jaehyo he eagerly nodded his head.

Erika blushed slightly and lowered her head in a slight bow of appreciation. “I am honored,” Erika smiled shyly. “I am also a fan of Block-B.”

“So it’s true?” Kyung looked shocked.

“AH! Hyung~,” P.O whined as he cutely stomped his foot. “I told you it was true~.”

Erika giggled at the sight of P.O pouting and shaking his shoulders in front of Kyung. With all the commotion made by P.O and Kyung nobody noticed that Zico was quietly sitting down in a chair facing the mirror with his eyes closed and headphones covering his ears, except for Erika.

When P.O shouted out that Erika had come to visit Block-B, Zico sat down and put headphones on, but he did not put any music. He was pretending to not pay attention to what was happening in the room. He could clearly hear everything the guys were saying and rolled his eyes behind his eye lids. Humph…they don’t even have shame, Zico thought as he heard the way they were showing off in front of Erika. If only they knew who Erika liked most in the group, Zico smirked.

“So, since you are a fan of ours,” Kyung asked enthusiastically, “who is your favorite member in Block-B?”

Erika blushed a deep shade of red. Zico was peering at her through the cracks between the guys blocking Erika from his view. We all know what the answer is, Zico thought cockily.

“I…uh…,” Erika stared from one member’s face to the next, the last one she landed on was what little she could see of Zico’s face. “The member I like the most in Block-B… has to be… umm… him!” Erika closed her eyes, lowered her head and extended her hands, palms up motioning towards Kyung’s and Jaehyo’s way.

“ME?!?!” Kyung and Jaehyo said in unison. “No, she meant me! No, ME!!”

“Uhh… I was pointing to B-Bomb-sshi…,” Erika smiled softly.

“Me?” B-Bomb raised an eyebrow and pointed at himself in disbelief. “Why me? I would have expected you to like someone badass like Zico or dumb like Jaehyo.”

“Yah! I’m not dumb!” Jaehyo defended himself.

Erika giggled softly. “I just like someone with an ‘Ordinary Existence,’ and what better person than B-Bomb-sshi!” she smiled widely.

“‘Ordinary Existence,’ huh?” B-Bomb smiled back.

“You’re such a liar.” Everyone turned around to see Zico now standing up with his arms crossed staring right at Erika who was not surprised. They turned to look at Erika and then back to Zico. “You are the last person I would believe likes ‘Ordinary Existences’.”

“You don’t know me, Zico-sshi,” Erika held her hands on her hips. “Maybe my life is too hectic and I would like someone ‘Ordinary’ by my side.” Eyes on Erika.

“But your life is not as hectic as ours,” Zico stood tall. “I don’t believe your life is more hectic than mine.” Back to Zico.

“We are not talking about you,” Erika stated calmly. “This is about who MY favorite Block-B member is, last time I check, NOT yours. You are just too hurt that you are not the one I chose.” Kyung, U-Kwon and Taeil gave soft ‘Oooh~!’s.

“But you know I AM your favorite,” Zico smirked. “You can’t deny it.”

“You sound so full of yourself.”

“That makes two of us.”

“Ha! Who was the one that said that they did not like the attention of people? Hypocrite.”

“Huh? Who is the one lying to herself? Hypocrite.”

The tension grew between Zico and Erika, but what the members did not know was that neither was being offended.

“Ok, I think that is enough, hyung,” P.O stepped up between the two. “She came to visit us and this is how you treat her?”

“Don’t take it to heart, Jihoon oppa,” Erika spoke warmly to P.O. “We are just having a normal conversation.”

“Umm…I’m sorry to break this to you, Erika-sshi, but that ‘conversation’ did not sound ‘normal’ to me,” Taeil intervened this time, P.O nodding frantically in agreement.

“It’s fine, hyung” Zico spoke. “That is how Erika and I speak with each other.”

“So, is Minhyuk hyung not your favorite of the group?” Jaehyo spoke up.

“Yah! Whose hyung am I? You’re older than me!” B-Bomb shot back at Jaehyo as he lightly punched him on the arm.

“Yes,” Erika confirmed. “B-Bomb is definitely my favorite.”

“Liar,” Zico whispered loudly enough for the whole room to hear, looking away from Erika.

“I am not lying,” Erika said calmly.

“So, who is your least favorite then?” Jaehyo asked, smiling like a dummy, thinking that Erika will most likely say Zico.

“You,” Erika said seriously before cracking up as the grin on Jaehyo’s face was wiped off completely and the whole room erupted with laughter.

“What? Is this a secret camera?” Jaehyo asked loudly, looking around to see if he caught a glimpse of a camera somewhere in the room. “You can’t be serious!”

It took a while before everyone calmed down. Erika received a thumbs up from U-Kwon, B-Bomb and Taeil, and high-fives from Kyung, P.O and even Zico.

“You were kidding, right?” Jaehyo asked softly.

“Well, I will go now,” Erika announced. “Thank you for such an AMAZING song! I really enjoyed it. Keep healthy and don’t stress too much, BBC love you.”

“What, are you BBC’s spokesperson now?” Zico rolled his eyes as he smiled.

“Get home safely, Erika,” P.O, Taeil, U-Kwon, Kyung, and B-Bomb said almost at the same time.

“You were joking, right?” Jaehyo was still in shock.

Erika smiled and patted Jaehyo’s shoulder before heading out of the room without telling him anything. Now I know why the guys like pealing poor tangerine Jaehyo, Erika laughed just thinking about it. I feel a bit bad…, but nah! I can live with the small guilt, at least for now.

Erika was so caught up in her thoughts that she bumped shoulders with someone walking from the opposite direction. She bowed and apologized.

“I’m sorry, I was not pay—” Erika’s words were stuck in . She was frozen by the mere appearance of the person she bumped into. Why is this happening to me? Erika’s mind was racing. Me why me why me? Her ability to even think coherently was stolen away from her by the man in front of her. Can I cry now? No! Stay strong! But, but! Arghh!

“Oh! Aren’t you that new actress, Ivy was it?” He pointed at her.

Erika nodded frantically. “It’s really nice to meet you, uhh… what should I call you? Taewoon-sshi or Wuno-sshi?” Erika blushed slightly.

“Oh! You know me?” Wuno asked surprised. “You can call me by either.”

“I’m a big fan of yours, Tae—Wuno-sshi,” Erika’s hands were shacking slightly. Why must this happen to me with these brothers…? Keep calm, dummy!

“Really? I’m also a fan of yours,” Wuno smiled. “Well, not as a big of a fan as my mother. She really loves the drama you starred in.”

“Wah! Really?” Erika’s mouth hung open in shock. “Oh my gosh! That is awesome! Hahaha!!”

“So I’m guessing you are a fan of my mom as well?” Wuno asked. “Is it because of my little brother?”

“Little brother?” Erika asked innocently. “That sounds so weird, for some reason. And I have seen your mother in pictures from what Zico and you post.”

“Then you are Zico’s fan, huh?” Wuno asked. “Is he the reason for you knowing about me?”

“I am a fan of Zico’s, but he was definitely NOT the reason why I found out about you,” Erika explained.

“Really?” Wuno looked skeptical.

“It’s true. I found out about SPEED when I incidentally heard their song ‘Why I’m Not?’ and I instantly fell in love with the deep voice in the song,” Erika blushed deeply. “S—so I looked them up and found that the rapper with the deep voice was Taewoon-sshi. It was not until months later that I found out you were actually related to another idol, let alone Zico.”

“Well, thank you for paying attention to SPEED,” Wuno smiled amused.

“It's my pleasure! But, really, I still don’t see how you can be related to Zico,” Erika shook her head as she laughed heartily.

“What’s wrong with being related to me?” Erika was asked by someone right into her ear.

Erika abruptly stopped laughing and turned around to see Zico with his hands in his pockets. Erika was opening and closing without any sound coming out a couple of times before closing and looking down at her feet with her cheeks becoming a violent violet.

“You get out from our waiting room to meet up with my older brother to talk about me? What kind of fan are you?” Zico faked a hurt expression as he put a hand to his chest. He turned to Wuno, “Hey, hyung, what are you doing here? I thought you were done recording.”

“I see you know each other,” Wuno looked from Zico to Erika and back. Wuno slapped hands with Zico in greeting, “I just finished with the pre-recording, and I don’t have anything else to do tonight.”

“Pre-recording?” Erika asked confused.

“Yeah,” Wuno nodded. “I am featuring for a girl group.”

“Oh…,” Erika nodded in understanding. “Well, I have to get going. It was really nice to meet you, Wuno-sshi!” She bowed slightly to Wuno and accidentally bumped her with Zico who was standing close to her. Startled about the little bump, Erika almost jumped out of her skin, she turned slightly to Zico, “Sorry,” she whispered an apology.

“It was nice meeting you, too. Take care, Ivy!” Wuno started to walk away. “Are the kids in the waiting room?” He asked Zico and was answered with a nod. “Ok, cool.”

Erika speed walked to her waiting room to pick up her things. All the while with a really red face. I bumped into him! Oh my gawd! And with my ! With both hands on either side of her face, Erika shook her head. “So embarrassing!” She let out a high pitched squeak.

The door opened behind Erika, and she did not see anyone come in because she was so busy collecting her things and freaking out in her mind. She did not notice that Zico was leaning against the now closed door with his arms crossed, looking at her frantic form. The room was empty of all people except for them two. Kwon manager was off getting the van and Chanyeol and the stylists had left already. Zico stayed silent, waiting for Erika to figure out that she was not alone in the room. He observed how well the dress fit her form. How he could make out her curves which are hard to find in a girl where he is from. That color really suits her, and it matches perfectly with her lipstick, Zico thought. Stop being a ert, Jiho! She is off limits!

“Uhuhuh!!” Erika falsely sobbed as she put whatever fit in her backpack. “Ahh! I’m so stupid!” She grabbed her head and whirled around as she shouted. Finally, she noticed she was not alone. She was frozen in mid turn at the sight of a chuckling Zico. She wanted to shout and scream and cry. She was making such a fool of herself in front of Zico, of all people.

“You are, dummy,” Zico finally spoke, walking slowly toward Erika who was still frozen with her hands on her head. He reached to her arms and brought them down. “Why are you so mean to me?”

“Me?” Erika reacted. “I’m mean to you? When?”

“Not telling the guys who you truly like in Block-B,” Zico still had his hands holding onto her arms. “You know as well as I do that you cannot resist me,” He leaned in closer to her.

“I—I—I” Erika stuttered as her heart was about to burst out of her chest. She could barely breathe. She could not take her eyes off those nice, thick, seductive lips of his.

“Humph!” Zico let go of her and walked to the door. “You are no different than all those girls fantasizing about having me. To think I thought you were better.”

Erika was usually really calm and did not get offended easily, but somehow Zico finally managed to tick her off.

“You know what?!” Erika raised her voice and walked up to him. “You are no better than a conceited, self-absorbed, good looking guy who thinks that everyone has to be his fan! I don’t mind you telling me to be careful around your friends and that I should stop lying, but one thing I will NOT tolerate is you making me out as an easy girl who only wants to get into your pants! As if! I have much more respect for myself than that! Yes, I am your fan, but that does not give you the right to play with my feelings! If that is all you are here for then get the hell away from me, you !!” Erika stormed out of the room and down to the parking lot and headed home in a really bad mood.

Zico stood at the door where Erika had left him, shocked. He did not mean any harm in his actions, and he did not expect for her to react like that at the words he said even though he knew they were not true. Sh*t! What the is wrong with me? He hated to admit it, but he felt guilty. He just wanted to play around with her, but he went a bit too far.

Zico headed back to Block-B’s waiting room sluggishly, with his shoulders deflated. They all got ready to head to their own houses and left the building. Zico got to his apartment and saw a bunch of sticky notes from his fans on the door. He went in and walked around the mess in the house. He walked into his room and slumped onto his unmade bed. He turned to lay down on his back and got his phone out. He held it up and looked at the last message he had sent her: “Erika, I’m outside the front entrance.” He stared and stared at the message. He did her wrong and made her wait for him in the cold that night and she was still positive. He had told her off for being a danger to Mino’s career and she accepted it. And today he had been a fool and hurt her feelings, but this time he had gone too far. He typed an apology but then erased it. He changed his wording, but it did not satisfy him and erased it again. He typed an explanation, but he did not want to sound like a loser. He was erasing the message again when the phone slipped out of his hands and dropped on his face. He grunted and picked his phone again.

“Oh! OH!!” Zico sat up straight and looked at his phone. “Ah! What did I do?” He threw his phone next to his lap and slumped back on his bed and put an arm over his eyes. “Oh well, I guess it will be easier this way.”

____

Erika was curled up in her bed, silently crying in anger. She felt her phone vibrate next to her head and she lifted it up to her watery eyes. She rubbed her eyes enough to see that it was a message from an unknown number: “deserved it”. No period, no explanation, no nothing. Just two words.

Erika read and reread the text message until she understood that it was too much to expect a straight forward apology from him. She did not need to figure out who’s number it was, because she knew very well it was him. “…,” Erika whispered to the phone and closed her eyes trying to pay attention to the song playing: “Be the Light”.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Dun, dun, DUN!!!!! Bad Zico made Erika cry... and yet, she is still a faithful fan...

Wonder what will happen next!! Even I don't know, to be honest... SO, YOU LIKE??

OHMYGOSH! Guys, Im in HUGE truoble! *Cries uncontrolably* I have been reading fanfics that are not about Zico and... and... I accidentally fell for U-Know Yunho.... What do I do??

He is just like, "Hi there! I'm cute right?"

First of all, Hero Jaejoong is my bias, and second of all, ZICO is my husband!! I wanna cry. I had a really hard time writing this chapter.... BUT! I hope it ended good! Well... umm... if you call Zico making Erika cry good...

 

On another note, I am SOOOO happy about those of you who have been commenting! It really gives me courage to write more.

Also, thank you to my new subscribers!!  

Ner711

kaytbear3

Jorana98

Hudzy98

Please pay attention to my story and I hope you like it!

And as always, ENJOY!!