YG Entertainment

Feels Like a Fantasy

Erika's POV

I woke up with a startle on the 3rd day of my stay here in S. Korea. Today was the day of my audition for YG Entertainment. I thought I was late, but it turns out it's still 4 in the morning. I'm still jetlagged and it didn’t help much that I slept all day yesterday. I decided to get up and take a nice, warm shower. Once I got out I changed into my most comfortable clothes. I have heard that YGE mainly looks for in those with confidence and charisma. The only way I can show my confidence is if I am comfortable in my clothes, and my charisma... I don't have it.

I let my hair loose from a towel and it was still dripping water everywhere I moved. I had not cut my hair too much after I cut it like a guy’s hair cut 3 years ago. It takes longer to dry by itself since it reaches my lower back, so I blow dried it. I walked out of my hotel room and headed to the breakfast bar on the 1st floor of the hotel. I served myself some food, but not too much because I was already feeling queasy about the audition. When I finished I went back up to my room to wash my teeth and then headed to the 1st floor once again to wait for Seunggi oppa, but I didn’t have to wait long because I accidentally wasted about 2 hours in the shower and half an hour eating. Seunggi oppa came up to me.

“Good morning,” Seunggi oppa smiled at me, showing off his cute dimple once again.

“Good morning, Seunggi oppa,” I smiled back and bowed.

“Are you ready?” He asked.

“Yes!” I sent him a confident smile and followed him out the hotel and into his car. We finally headed to the YGE building. I felt my stomach do flips and I could not stop smiling like an idiot.

Since I was a special case, the audition will be taken in the dance practice room that appears on the dance practice videos of YG artists.

The car arrived at the side entrance of the YGE building. As Seunggi oppa and I got out of the car, we saw someone come out of the doors in front of us. The man then escorted us to the underground level of YGE where the dance practice rooms and cafeteria were located. He sent us into the main practice room and told us to make ourselves comfortable, and that the auditions representative would be with us in a couple of minutes.

I was so giddy. My legs were shaking and my breath started to come in short. I knew I was very nervous and my body was starting to hyperventilate so I took a quick moment to focus on my breathing. I can't mess this up! I told myself.  You only have one shot!

A new person came into the practice room.

“Hello,” he spoke in fluent English. “My name is Park Jae-Chul. I am in charge of auditions for actors/actresses.”

“Hello,” I did a 90degree bow. “Nice to meet you, my name is Erika Virgen.”

Mr. Park took a seat on one side of the room where there was a camera recording that I just noticed.

“Ok! Let’s get this done,” he instructed.

I started to recite my script. I did not notice that someone had slipped in the room while I was showing my acting skills. When I finished I heard someone give a few claps and grumped as he made his way to sit beside Mr. Park. The one and only Yang sajangnim (CEO) took the clipboard that Mr. Park was holding with my information and audition paper as he sat at the front. I was in shock, but I made sure not to let it show on my face. I knew this was all business and I could not mess up at all.

“Umm… it says here that you have no background in the field of acting,” Yang sajangnim stated in Korean, which was then translated by Mr. Park, as he looked through my application paper.

“Yes, that is correct.” I responded in the calmest yet confident voice I could muster up.

“How about singing?” Yang sajangnim asked.

“I have only sung in my shower,” I said. I don’t know if I should have said that though.

Yang sajangnim chuckled after Mr. Park translated my response.

“Then sing here, acapella, any song you like,” Yang sajangnim ordered.

I couldn’t say no, because then I would not come off as confident, but I could not just say yes, because I have never sung in front of others and I don’t know if I actually am good or not. Was this another part to the audition?

I decided to go with my gut feeling and began singing to The Fray’s “You Found Me.”

“Ok! That’s good enough,” Yang sajangnim cut me off after I finished the second verse, and he jotted down notes. Mr. Park was just staring at me with an interesting look.

“Do you dance?” Yang sajangnim asked, not looking up from the clipboard.

“I just dance to Mexican cumbias when I am at family parties,” I once again said another stupid comment.

“Show me any dance you know,” Yang sajangnim ordered again.

I started dancing to the parts I knew for B.A.P’s One Shot choreography.

“Ok, that’s good enough,” Yang sajangnim cut me off again after a short while.

I was breathing a bit hard due to the push-ups in the choreography.

“Ok,” Yang sajangnim spoke again after a while as he stood up. “You are good to go now. YG will contact you in a couple days to tell you if you passed the audition or not. It was nice meeting you, Miss Virgen.” He then walked out the room with the clipboard, followed by Mr. Park close behind after he translated Yang sajangnim’s words to me.

I then fell to the practice room’s floor. I was out of energy, exhausted from the nervousness and most of all I was now getting the aftershock of meeting the great Yang sajangnim. I recovered myself and stood up with the help of Seunggi oppa who had been quietly sitting on one of the benches in the room, observing my performance. Little did I know Seunggi oppa was not the only one who was watching me during the audition; there had been 3 other pairs of eyes and ears just outside the door.

_____

No One’s POV

When Yang sajangnim was headed out the door, the 3 males ran off into one of the other practice rooms.

They were breathing hard as they thought they would get caught snooping around by the big boss.

“Ya! Stop breathing so hard down my neck!” The first male scream-whispered as he pushed the second male off of him.

“Hyung! You're gonna get us caught!” the third male also yell-whispered.

“Ya! Mino, stop scratching your and help me up!” The first male told the second.

“Seungri hyung, I'm not scratching my , I'm rubbing it, because you pushed me to the ground!” Mino whined to the first male.

“Ya! Bobby, get up, off the floor already. Yang sajangnim is long gone.” Seungri told the third male.

“Mino hyung, this was all your fault!” Bobby accused Mino.

“Me?” Mino looked at Bobby with a fake baffled face and his hand placed on his chest.

“Yeah!” Bobby stood up from the floor and headed to the smaller practice room inside the dance room.

“It was all your fault,” Seungri hurriedly blamed Mino and left the room.

Mino just stood there dumbfounded. “Did they just blame me? I was only curious as to who Yang sajangnim came down to the basement for. Then hyung had to follow and Bobby had to find us snooping and joined.” Mino kept mumbling to himself as he walked out the room.

__________

Erika’s POV

I was following Seunggi oppa out the room when I accidentally bumped onto someone and I was sent to the floor on the impact since my legs were still not very stable.

“Omo! Mianhaeyo! (Sorry!)” a guy with a slightly deep voice said. He sounded rather shocked as well.

“Aniyo! Kwenchanayo? (Are you Ok?)” I asked as I looked up.

I was getting up as I looked up, but I was not able to fully get up before I collapsed on the floor again when I saw exactly who I had bumped into. I looked up at the guy in front of me. He looked even more shocked after I fell again and tried to help me up.

“Umm… I… sorry!” He said in a flustered voice as his cheeks flushed a small hint of pink.

“Kwenchanayo! (It’s Ok!)” I said to make him stop fretting with his cap on his head.

“I'm Mino,” he introduced himself with a hand held out for me to take.

“Hello, Mino-sshi, nice to meet you. I'm Erika,” I shook his hand. I introduced myself.

“Uuuuhhh,” it got awkward since there was nothing to say.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Mino-sshi,” Seunggi oppa approached us after he found I was not next to him anymore.

“Omo, annyeonghaseyo,” Mino gave a really deep bow to Seunggi oppa as he extended his hand for a hand shake. “I'm a huge fan, I love your dramas.” Mino started fanboying in front of us. I was about to burst out laughing at his cuteness, but Seunggi oppa cut it short.

“Erika, we have to go now,” Seunggi oppa announced.

“Ah, ne!” I quickly looked back at Mino and gave him a bow and was about to leave when he asked something in Korean I could not quite understand, but it went along the lines of; Are you staying in Korea?

I shook my head, trying to tell him I didn’t understand, and I saw he looked down with a small frown. I didn’t have time left since I was being dragged by Seunggi oppa out the door.

I wonder why Mino looked disappointed, I asked myself. Wait!! Did I just meet MINO? THE Song Minho? OHMYGAWWWDDD!!! I can now go die peacefully….

I ended up fangirling, and squealing for the next 3 days after the audition.

***

Seunggi oppa gave me a call which was being translated by someone beside him.

“Erika, YGE called. They came to a conclusion, and so have we,” Seunggi stated. “You will not need to audition for C-Jes Entertainment anymore, YGE called to say they are willing to make a contract with you.”

I'm dreaming right? I pinched myself, but I was still in the same place. I probably didn’t do it hard enough.

“I will pick you up tomorrow morning to go to YGE to work with the paper work.” Seunggi oppa interrupted my thoughts as I was about to pinch again.

“Ne, algesubnida (Yes, I understand),” I answer back before the line went dead.

I grabbed a pillow from behind me as I tried to stay as still as possible. “AAAHHHHHHH!!!!” I screamed my lungs out. How did I get in? I thought I had failed for sure. Yang sajangnim kept cutting me off during my audition. What is going on? Am I dreaming? I was about to pinch myself again but then a thought came into my mind. No, what if it really is a dream? I want to stay like this for a longer time.

I couldn’t fall asleep that night.

***

Seunggi oppa and I arrived at the main entrance of YG this time. I was out of my mind, I could not register anything. Is this really happening? Why do I keep asking this question?? UGH!!

I calmed myself and got out the car and followed a man who was waiting for us to arrive. He sent us directly up to meet Yang sajangnim who was sitting inside an office with a long wooden table with several wheelie chairs, along with a translator and a lawyer. We greeted each other and Seunggi oppa and I took our seats across from the other three people.

(A/N: No need to explain all the paper work, there’s too much.)

After I signed the contract with YG we all stood up and bowed to the lawyer who took the copy of the contract and left to go process it.

“Erika, is it Ok for me to call you as such?” Yang sajangnim asked me (A/N: everything is being translated back and forth).

“Yes, I'm ok with it,” I smiled in return. After all he is my boss now for the next 2 years.

“Good, then, Erika, would you like to take a tour around YG?” Yang sajangnim suggested.

“Of course!” I had a bright smile on my face.

“Let’s get going then,” Yang sajangnim started walking out the meeting room. “Seunggi-sshi, would you like to discuss with my staff over what classes Erika will need for the next month?”

Yang sajangnim dropped off Seunggi oppa in another office, so that Seunggi oppa can arrange a schedule for me.

“Ok, let’s go,” Yang sajangnim walked on as I followed close by. He led us to the top floor where his office was located. He doesn’t seem like the type of person to personally give a tour around his own building, but I guess he wants me to feel welcome.

“I have some things to do in my office, so you can just roam around the building,” Yang sajangnim announced. I thought too soon. “Just don’t disturb anyone, please.” He spoke with a soft, yet serious tone.

Yang sajangnim told the translator to stay with me and help me out with going around the building, since he was a worker there as well.

The translator, Mr. Park Dae-Yeol, followed me closely. I was not thinking in peeping inside any of the rooms because I didn’t want to disturb anyone, however, as I was about to walk pass a recording studio a guy came out.

“Oh!” I exclaimed as pointed to the guy, but I swiftly stopped pointing.

“Oh! Erika, right?” It was Mino. He had a shocked face at first but then it changed to confusion. “I thought you were not staying in Korea.” (Mr. Park translated for us).

“Oh, no, I think you misunderstood. I'm going to start working here now.” I told Mino.

“Really? That’s awesome!” Mino gave me a wide smile.

I felt my own smile growing as I felt my cheeks flair pink. My heart skipped a beat as I saw him smile wider. How can Mino be so askjhlkjd!?!?!

“Hey, are you busy, I can give you a tour around,” Mino suggested. All I could do was smile and nod. I didn’t want to make a fool of myself.

“Let’s go go~!” Mino skipped down the hall as I followed.

__________

“And this is where we practice,” Mino finished showing me the entire building.

“Mino-sshi,” I started.

“Oh, just call me ‘oppa’ or ‘Mino oppa’,” Mino interrupted me. “You said you're going to work here now, and I can tell you are younger than me, so feel free to call me ‘oppa’.”

We both blushed furiously. “Ne, oppa,” I said.

“Are you hungry? The cafeteria is open right now,” Mino suggested as he tried to change the subject.

“Ah! Ne, I'm actually starving,” I admitted.

Mino led me to the cafeteria just a couple of steps away from the dance studios. We both got a tray of lunch. My translator said he was hungry, but that he brought his own lunch box, so he headed to his office desk leaving Mino and I alone.

I got my wallet out to pay for my food when Mino held out his hand as he payed for both of us.

Things I like the most about guys is when they are caring, and when they buy me food. I smiled and felt a blush grow.

Mino led us to one of the secluded dining rooms to eat. 

“Is it good?” Mino oppa tried to make conversation in English which was so adorable.

I took a spoon full of food and, “Whoa!!” I was mesmerized! How could this food be so delicious?

Mino started laughing. I just started at him in confusion. Did I miss a joke?

“Hahaha!! That was the best reaction I’ve ever seen!!” Mino exclaimed in Korean, but I understood part of what he said.

He’s laughing at me? I started to blush furiously as I looked down my lap. How embarrassing!

I felt a hand cup around my chin. I looked up to see Mino staring straight into my eyes.

“I like you,” Mino said softly.

 

________________________________________________

Mwahahha!!! You Like??

Please do comment and subscribe. I promise this will get more interesting once i start introducing the rest of the characters. For those waiting for Zico, he is comming in within one or 2 more chapters. Please bare with me, this is my first fic after all.

Thank You!!! Enjoy!!